PDA

View Full Version : CIA and FBI

Cinci4RP
12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
I get crushed when people bring up the abolishment of the CIA and FBI.

I try to say that military intellegence will still be conducted (and likely increased, just because we are not there and waging was does not mean we should not know what others are doing) but it will be under the juristiction of the CIC.

I say the FBI is not needed if local and state police forces colaborate better, etc.

Does anyone have some info on this subject from Dr. Paul himself?

I have not been able to find it and I gotta go spend money as the next 4 hours are the last free block I got.

Thanks for the Help :)

StateofTrance
12-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Countries such as India uses FBI (known as CBI there) to find corruption and illegal activities inside the governmental and political sphere. In the words of Ron Paul, every citizen should have an oversight over possible malpractices by government officials.

tarsus
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM
As I understand, he wants to get rid of those agencies and replace them with another agency that respects the privacy of US citizens and doesn't try to assassinate foreign VIPS or force a foreign election.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
I understand why to get rid of the CIA, but I haven't heard his reasoning for the FBI.

KewlRonduderules
12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I understand why to get rid of the CIA, but I haven't heard his reasoning for the FBI.

Yeah, I agree. The CIA in whole has been a miserable failure. They suck at getting intelligence and are the cause of many wars around the world after WWII. Most of the better intelligence we get is from the other agencies like the NSA or DIA even then half of it is probably worthless.

As for the FBI, I really do not know a whole lot about it. But given the Department of Justice and the attorney general have a stranglehold on the agency, why even bother having it. It's just another political arm of the administration.

pcosmar
12-19-2007, 01:05 PM

There is No place under the Constitution for Federal Law enforcement. It is a State issue.

shasshas
12-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Both the DBI and CIA are now very corrupt
And they both cause more harm than good in the balance
They are now both so big, sparawling, behemoths unto themselves that government no longer knows what they are doing or how to control them
They are leading us quickly into a police state

I think Dr Paul's position is that he will scrap both of them and start anew with a basic small fresh "fbi".

That will ensure we have a fresh start at avoiding a police state

A looong time ago, these agencies were doing a good job. But the way they were set up doomed them.

james1844
12-19-2007, 01:15 PM
A good posting. From what I gather, Ron has never really pushed hard on this issue.

For good reason, the FBI is needed to combat criminal groups like the mafia, terrorists, bank robbers, etc. whose activities transcent state boundaries.

When I tell people about Paul, its not the biggest point I use to try to make the sale, instead I focus more on his tax voting record - nobody likes paying taxes.

Dequeant
12-19-2007, 01:26 PM
As a person with knowledge of this organization, let me just say...

The CIA can do nothing that the Air Force Office of Special Investigations cannot do better, and for far less money.

The only reason OSI couldn't take over the role of the FBI is because the FBI watches Americans and OSI technically falls under the defense dept.

pdavis
12-19-2007, 01:39 PM

I try to say that military intellegence will still be conducted (and likely increased, just because we are not there and waging was does not mean we should not know what others are doing) but it will be under the juristiction of the CIC.

I say the FBI is not needed if local and state police forces colaborate better, etc.

I have not been able to find it and I gotta go spend money as the next 4 hours are the last free block I got.

The CIA has brought us nothing but trouble (blowback). Examples are coup in Iran, installing the Shah; coups in Chile, Argentina, and throughout most of Latin America; installing Saddam Hussein and his Baath Party.

There isn't any provision for an FBI in the US Constitution. The federal government can only enforce its laws with the Militias of the several states. Also, the states can create agreements and compacts with each other with consent of the federal government.

Article 1 Section 8:
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union....

Article 1 Section 10:
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State

VoteRonPaul2008
12-19-2007, 01:42 PM
tell them he DOES not want to abolish them he wants to end buercracy and consolidate so we have a stronger and effective intelligence system

newmedia4ron
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9288/45630392po4.png

RonPaulLibrary.com

pdavis
12-19-2007, 01:47 PM
A good posting. From what I gather, Ron has never really pushed hard on this issue.

For good reason, the FBI is needed to combat criminal groups like the mafia, terrorists, bank robbers, etc. whose activities transcent state boundaries.

When I tell people about Paul, its not the biggest point I use to try to make the sale, instead I focus more on his tax voting record - nobody likes paying taxes.

Is an international police force needed to enforce treaties and agreements to combat international criminal groups whose activities transcend the US and states outside of the Union?

hawks4ronpaul
12-19-2007, 01:49 PM
There is No place under the Constitution for Federal Law enforcement. It is a State issue.

Yes, basically, a reduction in federal duplication of state laws will put the FBI out of a job.

I do not know where Paul would put counter-espionage (split between military and state gov.?).

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

davidkachel
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
As a person with knowledge of this organization, let me just say...

The CIA can do nothing that the Air Force Office of Special Investigations cannot do better, and for far less money.

The only reason OSI couldn't take over the role of the FBI is because the FBI watches Americans and OSI technically falls under the defense dept.

NO ONE is supposed to "watch Americans"!
It is tough to get over a lifetime of indoctrination but WE are supposed to watch the government, NOT the other way around.

When you think FBI, think Gestapo. Then you'll be a lot closer to the truth. And if you think it might not be that bad, find someone who has had direct dealings with them and ask them. Television is not real life. The FBI is just exactly as evil as the most extreme among us make them out to be.