PDA

View Full Version : *SAVE the BLIMP* Donation RALLY! --GRASSROOTS HELP CRY!--

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Ladies and Gentleman.
WE NEED TO SAVE THE BLIMP

Sloganize this cause.

The blimp needs ONLY a paultry $150k to stay airborne.
But they need it IN THE NEXT TWO DAYS.

Lets get this out. Lets Digg it (http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Get_the_Ron_Paul_Blimp_in_the_air), lets start a new "SAVE THE BLIMP" digg.

LETS GET Web "Banners" made. I'm seeing the blimp dressed all up presidential like with stars stripes and red white and blue pennats draped on it. Fireworks in the background. Maybe call it a"LAUNCH PARTY" or something.

THE MATH:
We need $25 from only about 4,000 donors.
$10 from about 12000.

THATS EASY.
We need word out on ALL meetupgroups, hopefuly to the Teaparty list, and other forums, social networks, and digg-like sites, oh, and video comments!

If we can get that word out with images for people to use, maybe something with a COUNTDOWN CLOCK & DONATION COUNTER, we are GOLDEN!

Despite all it's PR problems with US, the BLIMP IS A BOON to the campaign.

THIS IS THE MEDIA VALUE OF THE BLIMP (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58738) SO FAR:
------------------------------------------------------------------

---- Media Reports ----
237 total media reports
Of those,
7 were TV
132 were non-TV major media
98 were blogs or internet mentions

---- Sources ----
124 total separate media sources
Of those,
were TV
83 were non-TV major media
40 were blogs or internet sources
1 were of unknown type

---- Estimated Value ----
Using an estimated average major media value of 2500
and an estimated blog mention value of 100,
and an estimated cost of 2400 for a 30 second prime-time ad
(600 for non-prime-time)
Estimated TV media value: 39100
Estimated non-TV major media value: 330000
Estimated blog media value: 9800
Estimated total media value: 378900

FOLKS.
The blimp is FLYING, DOUBLE BANNERED, over NORFOLK \ VA BEACH and now headed to RICHMOND.

I used to live in VA. Norfolk is the BIGGEST CITY IN THE STATE, and Richmond is the CAPITOL!

THIS IS HUGE.
KEEP HER FLYING.

PLEASE!

We need to get emotional and financial support behind this.
If we can rally the EMOTIONAL support, and provide the grassroots with tools for veiwing their success (a counter banner) we will WIN!

GO!

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Blimped For Truth!
http://lonestartimes.com/images/2007/12/xflcrash1.jpg

celticsman7
12-19-2007, 12:48 PM
I want to know what the plan is for the next two or three weeks. We're like the shareholders. We need to know why we're investing in it. I would suggest getting it out across South Carolina and down into Florida in time for the Orange Bowl in early January. That would be huge. The Florida primary is January 19. We could easily score a top 3 finish there.

davidhperry
12-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure about other people, but I make poor decisions when I'm emotional.

Ron2Win
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
I just donated, again.

Cmon guys, the blimp cannot be grounded.

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I want to know what the plan is for the next two or three weeks. We're like the shareholders. We need to know why we're investing in it. I would suggest getting it out across South Carolina and down into Florida in time for the Orange Bowl in early January. That would be huge. The Florida primary is January 19. We could easily score a top 3 finish there.

My point is that if it only costs $10-$25 to find out, that is WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION BLIND.

This is like buying a grab bag guaranteed to be worth at LEAST what you pay for the price of picking a bag!

it should NOT be a point for witholding funds -- does it go to florida or new hampshire -- WHO CARES?

ITS IN THE AIR.

Its flying over MAJOR CITIES RIGHT NOW!

I can't tell you how large an area the Norfolk\VA Beach\Hampton Roads metro area is ... it is BIG BIG BIG!

And it continues to fly and RAKE IN MEDIA COVERAGE.
YEah, you don't get to see every little local paper article on Youtube but IT IS GETTING SIGNIFICANT POSITIVE COVERAGE.

The grassroots MUST reconverge on this issue to redouble SUPPORT!

please people.
you guys want this thing to be some big excersise in your ability to have a hand in something that at the bottom line is pretty simple and doesn't need a whole lot of input -- WE BUY A BLIMP. SOMEONE FLIES IT. THE MEDIA DOES THE REST.

You guys can argue for flight plans all you want, just KEEP IT IN THE AIR!

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Just donated again.... keep it coming people!

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 01:04 PM
iS THERE A MASTER MEET-UP GROUP PAGE we can post a message to?

Can we all agree on a start time for this bomb and can some coders\artists get a widget up that has something inspiring on it to post for them to use?

IF ALL THE MEET UP GROUPS GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS SOMTHING LIKE:

"FRIDAY AT 10PM -- TEN THOUSAND NEEDED TO DONATE TEN DOLLARS!" $10 from 10K at 10PM! GO

Whatever it is.
Give them a "place" (time) to rally and a ball they can see dropping (or a blimp they can see fly) ... a target, a blimp that fills with helium to the funding level in a widget ... something like that ...

LETS GO!
LETS DO THIS.

LETS GET IT OUT THERE.

PLEASE

Let this thread be the SAVE THE BLIMP warcry.

Quit hesitating and debating it. It IS a WORTHY expenditure, and at 150K it is CHEAP and HALF PAID FOR ALREADY!

BuddyRey
12-19-2007, 01:05 PM
I haven't really been following this whole blimp venture, so forgive my ignorance, but...

A. What exactly is it, and what is it supposed to accomplish? and...
B. What happened to it?

Ksuperneau
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm living off ramen right now but get paid friday. :) will pitch in some then.

austin356
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Cannot donate until they tell me what big events (football games, etc) they will be at.

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Cannot donate until they tell me what big events (football games, etc) they will be at.

Guys this is the WRONG attitude.
They wont be ANYWHERE if YOU don't DONATE!

You MUST give 10 or 25 dollars, and we must do it as a block in unison to gain support of FENCE SITTERS!

The truth is it does not really MATTER it DOES NOT MATTER where the darned blimp is.

As long as it is IN THE AIR, it will get media coverage.
It has OVER ONE HUNDRED MAINSTREAM MEDIA MENTIONS and it has been flying for a whopping WEEK.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT !!??!!

Ron2Win
12-19-2007, 01:14 PM
10-25 bucks is nothing these days.

The Blimp MUST NOT be grounded.

european
12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
The blimp is just south of washington at this moment:

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/MapFull.php
you can follow it real time in that link ^

and here you can see the blimp flying over Columbia, SC
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x30oV04OPnI (very amaturistic video, but you get the idea)

austin356
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Guys this is the WRONG attitude.
They wont be ANYWHERE if YOU don't DONATE!

You MUST give 10 or 25 dollars, and we must do it as a block in unison to gain support of FENCE SITTERS!

The truth is it does not really MATTER it DOES NOT MATTER where the darned blimp is.

As long as it is IN THE AIR, it will get media coverage.
It has OVER ONE HUNDRED MAINSTREAM MEDIA MENTIONS and it has been flying for a whopping WEEK.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT !!??!!

Everyone the OP is emotional. Lets give him/her time to cool down and drink a glass of wine or a beer.

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Football game fly overs - flybys were banned by the Dept. Of Homeland security after someone flew over a blimp at the super bowl back in 04 I think it was, that said IMPEACH BUSH

pacelli
12-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Are any meetup groups out there planning on doing some ground slim-jimming as the blimp flies over? Seems that we have an excellent opportunity to give people some hard facts about Dr. Paul. I did this in Chapel Hill, NC as it flew overhead and people were very thankful.

I've donated, but hope that we use the blimp to the fullest extent to get out the message about Dr. Paul-- now that we have a GPS tracker working, there's no reason to not engage in simultaneous ground canvassing.

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Everyone the OP is emotional. Lets give him/her time to cool down and drink a glass of wine or a beer.

What is wrong with you?
You are being negative in a thread that is trying to be postive and spin SUPPORT.

YES i am emotional.
THERE IS A DEADLINE.
The blimp will be GROUNDED at the end of this week.

What we NEED is EMOTION ... EMOTION TO PERCIPITATE ACTION.

Stop trolling the thread.
We are on the same side of an important cause, but you are currently standing in the way!

hellah10
12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
you guys need to get a permit of some sorts and fly over an NFL game - plain and simple... theres 60,000+ people looking at the blimp

if you guys can guarantee us that you can fly over an NFL game, ill donate once again :)

RonPaulJunkie
12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Christmas and Dec 16th really hurt my bank account... oh well what's another $10.

I have to admit I don't want to see the blimp die.

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
you guys need to get a permit of some sorts and fly over an NFL game - plain and simple... theres 60,000+ people looking at the blimp

if you guys can guarantee us that you can fly over an NFL game, ill donate once again :)

Doh!
You people don't get it.
A permit will cost even MORE money.

What does it matter if its 60,000 people at ONE game or SEVERAL MILLION in EVERY CITY it flies over?

The blimp has flown over 4 TO 5 MILLION people TODAY alone ...

and it will get MUCH MORE PRESS FOR IT.
It is the blimps first time in VIrginia and it wil MAKE A SPLASHING DEBUT!

constituent
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
i thought there was already a blimp forum.

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 01:37 PM

The point is to get AS MANY PEOPLE as possible to READ something like this.
Galvanize support.

This forum has hundreds of readers. The blimp forum has far less.

Paulites are a bunch of whiners and complainers today.

:(

paulpwns
12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Why dosen't the campaign just pay, since they are a private company.

They pay private companies all the time.

davidhperry
12-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Yeah, me too. I'm not a blimp hater but please carry on the conversation there.

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Maybe some people are not interested in the blimp - have you ever thought about it?

austin356
12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
1 star? LOL

I guess I really am not alone in the "trolling".

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 01:41 PM

Who knows what they are - can you find the company name on their webpage? It was there, but it was removed and the questions about it are avoided. No conspiracy here, but is it now considered secret or what?

constituent
12-19-2007, 01:42 PM
posting blimp threads in inappropriate forums (this is what, the third... maybe fourth time today? this week, how many?) is also trolling, if we're to be finger pointers about it.

austin356
12-19-2007, 01:42 PM

That would show campaign coordination and thus illegalize not only the companies activities but also the actions of donors who have gone over their contribution limits.

davidhperry
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
The point is to get AS MANY PEOPLE as possible to READ something like this.
Galvanize support.

This forum has hundreds of readers. The blimp forum has far less.

Paulites are a bunch of whiners and complainers today.

:(

I appreciate your fervor, but you can't force the issue. All you can do it lay it down and see if someone else picks it up.

michaelwise
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I donated again.

Order Details - Dec 19, 2007 14:11 GMT-05:00
Google Order #155055040012017

Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - Fly the Ron Paul Blimp to the Inauguration! $25.00
Tax (FL) : $0.00
Total: $25.00

Paid with: MASTERCARD xxx-xxxx

Ship to:
Michael xxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxx
UNITED STATES

jbrace
12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
how much more is needed?

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I donated again.
Cool - is there any mention of the company you sent the money to on this receipt? (I don't know if you pasted the whole text). Sorry, just curious.

greendiseaser
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I appreciate your fervor, but you can't force the issue. All you can do it lay it down and see if someone else picks it up.

I AM laying it down.

What do you think writing a message board plea is?

I'm not "Forcing" anything.

::sheesh::

So far what i'm picking up is a bunch of disgruntled paulites.
And if we want to talk about inappropriate threads in the grassroots forum, it is pretty much the WHOLE forum.

DaneKirk
12-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Well I suppose that with all the extra money the taxpayers are giving me out here on deployment, it should at least go for something good. I will pitch in a little more.

reverse
12-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Third donation.

I would hate to see this thing grounded, it is an astounding effort that is already being mimicked by other candidates.

Whatintheworldisthat
12-19-2007, 02:06 PM
blimp

LandonCook
12-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Blimp!

michaelwise
12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Cool - is there any mention of the company you sent the money to on this receipt? (I don't know if you pasted the whole text). Sorry, just curious.
There are links to the blimp site.

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 02:15 PM
There are links to the blimp site.
So you don't actually know who you have sent the money to? (You probably don't care - but I'm just trying to clear this up)

ConstitutionReinstitution
12-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Hello xx,

Thanks for buying from RonPaulBlimpTour using Google Checkout! RonPaulBlimpTour will charge and ship your order soon.

How do I check on this order?
Get up-to-date information about order #962595781155829

Problems with this order?
Contact RonPaulBlimpTour

Buy again in seconds
everytime you shop. Just look for the Google Checkout button on RonPaulBlimpTour or on Google Product Search.

Order Details - Dec 19, 2007 09:30 GMT-06:00
Google Order #962595781155829
Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 1 minutes $10.00
Tax (xx) : $0.00
Total: $10.00

Paid with: xxxx xxx-xxxx
xxxx xxxxxx
xxxx xxxxxx
xxxx xxxxxx
UNITED STATES

Maltheus
12-19-2007, 03:04 PM
I guess they're not going to bother with taking credit cards payment like they said they would then. I just don't like the idea of Google with my credit card number (tied with all the other data they have on me), so I had been holding out. But I'd bite the bullet and do it, if I felt like the communication was a little better.

I too would like to know a little more about the flight path, their intentions, or anything for that matter. Except for the half-labeled take off, I'm not even seeing much of anything on youtube. And even that video shut off two seconds after take off (yet 6 minutes after hearing some guy with a drum not quite getting that we're not a democracy). The blimp forum is full of questions and confused people. Why?

I was really psyched about this once, but the inability of the blimp team to communicate or get me excited about this has me thinking, oh the humanity. If they turn that website around in the next couple of days (with decent, real pictures and video) and start acting like professionals, then I'll invest. It would be so easy for them to promote this better, you know, like not operating in the shadows.

rwl4
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
WE NEED THE BLIMP!

Thanks for buying from RonPaulBlimpTour using Google Checkout! RonPaulBlimpTour will charge and ship your order soon.

How do I check on this order?
Get up-to-date information about order #805800238915093

Problems with this order?
Contact RonPaulBlimpTour

Buy again in seconds
everytime you shop. Just look for the Google Checkout button on RonPaulBlimpTour or on Google Product Search.

Order Details - Dec 19, 2007 08:57 GMT-08:00
Google Order #805800238915093
Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 10.8 minutes $100.00
Tax (WA) : $0.00
Total: $100.00

RobS
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
blump

kutibah
12-19-2007, 05:30 PM
blimp

Austin
12-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Save the Blimp, Save the World

Pete Kay
12-19-2007, 05:43 PM
The blimp flew over my city and I missed it. It would have been a good idea to send out an emaill to everyone that sent money to let us know that they had changed their flightplan. They flew over the second biggest city in the southeast and didn't even tell anyone! I can't support the blimp anymore.

libertarian4321
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Okay, I thought the blimp idea was nutty from the beginning, but when my wife saw the "Ron Paul Blimp" story on CNN last week, she thought it was so bizarre that it gave her a good laugh.

I guess thats worth a small ($15) donation.

shadow26
12-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Okay, I thought the blimp idea was nutty from the beginning, but when my wife saw the "Ron Paul Blimp" story on CNN last week, she thought it was so bizarre that it gave her a good laugh.

I guess thats worth a small ($15) donation.

The weather is expected to be GORGEOUS the next two days in the area the blimp landed in tonight...should be a great pair of days for blimp-watching from Baltimore to New York...and maybe beyond!

Trigonx
12-19-2007, 06:15 PM
$25 added to the blimp!!! I hope the blimp stays in the south and take advantage of the warmer weather.

rwl4
12-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Keep the giving up!

mathamagician
12-19-2007, 06:44 PM
We should try to keep it afloat at least until New Hampshire. After that we can ditch it if we want to. Plus it would have been cool if Trevor had treated the original contributors as investors/shareholders instead of a client. Then we could all conceivable share in the future success of the company.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Hmm.. No offense, but the blimp is simply not generating the press coverage we were told it would. It was a great idea, and I supported it initially, but I think we can spend out money on better places, like getting OperationNH.com to run more ads.

michaelwise
12-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Blimp

shadow26
12-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Hmm.. No offense, but the blimp is simply not generating the press coverage we were told it would. It was a great idea, and I supported it initially, but I think we can spend out money on better places, like getting OperationNH.com to run more ads.

The media will be going for rides tomorrow, on a day that promises to be bright and sunny. Let's see how that goes...I agree about OperationNH.com...we should be able to fund that in just a few minutes...if we wanted to. :)

RonPaulVolunteer
12-19-2007, 08:26 PM
The media will be going for rides tomorrow, on a day that promises to be bright and sunny. Let's see how that goes...I agree about OperationNH.com...we should be able to fund that in just a few minutes...if we wanted to. :)

Hmm... ok, well let's hope that gets us some good press, not just mention in a few local small papers. I do want it to succeed.

Matthew Zak
12-19-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm so broke guys. :( :( :( :( :(

BerlinForFreedom
12-19-2007, 08:48 PM
blimp

kaleidoscope eyes
12-19-2007, 09:08 PM
gave $50 today, please keep 'er flying!

Jeffreyw5000
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
blimp! already donated 50, as a cash strapped college student I cant do much more

kaleidoscope eyes
12-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Huh? Just about every time I see a segment on one of the MSM stations about RP, they show the blimp, they all seem generally taken, or at least amused by it, so, they keep showing it, how is that not coverage and publicity for RP?:confused:

RPSignbomb
12-19-2007, 09:24 PM
The blimp project is a major business endeavor being run by a group of amateurs - I am not willing to "pay" for their on the job training.

If they hired a real business manager, I would consider but until they provide full disclosure and start meeting their timelines forget it.

Ron Paul stays at the Best Western and eats at Denny's. Trevor and his cronies stay at the Omni and eat at Ruth Chris .... ON OUR BUCK!

Matthew Zak
12-19-2007, 09:34 PM
bump

Matthew Zak
12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Bump!!!!

Matthew Zak
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
bump

Minnesota Chris
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Blimpety bump!

Shink
12-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't know if this situation is mostly moneybomb burnout (I wish moneybombs would stop and continuous donations would happen again...everyone thinks they've got the hot new idea for a moneybomb....how about just spreading the message and money every day?) or the 'former' blimphaters returning to their previous opposition because the blimpfolk need people to honor their pledges or a combination of factors.....but this fuckin' blimp has to fly! Two days...do YOU give a shit what Ron wants? He wants the blimp, I think it's worth it.

Leslie Webb
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Just donated $25, hope others will do the same. Let's keep it flying.

Vendico
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
We need to keep this thing in the air and in areas where exposure is at its maximum. It should be seen from major downtown cities.

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 09:54 PM
The blimp project is a major business endeavor being run by a group of amateurs - I am not willing to "pay" for their on the job training.

If they hired a real business manager, I would consider but until they provide full disclosure and start meeting their timelines forget it.

Ron Paul stays at the Best Western and eats at Denny's. Trevor and his cronies stay at the Omni and eat at Ruth Chris .... ON OUR BUCK!
Gee I guess you would not helped the Us revolution and the constitution as a new and struggling endeavor. Or the new struggling company's like Google, Amazon, Apple, but that is typical of people that never get ahead and don't take risks. Any of those company's had you invested in them at the beginning you would be very wealthy and this can possibly give us back our freedom but that is alien to your mind. Fiat money is more important to you!!LOL:D:D

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't know if this situation is mostly moneybomb burnout (I wish moneybombs would stop and continuous donations would happen again...everyone thinks they've got the hot new idea for a moneybomb....how about just spreading the message and money every day?) or the 'former' blimphaters returning to their previous opposition because the blimpfolk need people to honor their pledges or a combination of factors.....but this fuckin' blimp has to fly! Two days...do YOU give a shit what Ron wants? He wants the blimp, I think it's worth it.HELLO have you followed the campaign, the biggest collections are because of these money bombs, burnout.

Minnesota Chris
12-19-2007, 10:00 PM
TexasLiberty is matching Blimp donations!! Read the thread, donate, and post your receipt!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58747

Thanks TexasLiberty

fletcher
12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Move this thread to the blimp forum.

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Move this thread to the blimp forum.
Keep this here it is directly related to helping Ron get PR to be viable candidate and needs the most exposure, don't need no suggestions from an anti blimp person.

RPSignbomb
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Gee I guess you would not helped the Us revolution and the constitution as a new and struggling endeavor. Or the new struggling company's like Google, Amazon, Apple, but that is typical of people that never get ahead and don't take risks. Any of those company's had you invested in them at the beginning you would be very wealthy and this can possibly give us back our freedom but that is alien to your mind. Fiat money is more important to you!!LOL:D:D

Last time I looked they are not selling stock? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hurricane Bruiser
12-19-2007, 10:10 PM
blimp for the blimp

It really doesn't matter if the blimp flies over specific venues. When it wanders over a major city, it draws lots of attention and local media then find something to write about and report. It makes a real impact and helps with name recognition tremendously.

davidt!
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM

Nobody forced you to click on the thread buddy.

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Last time I looked they are not selling stock? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Neither is the blimp company yet. But those company's had people willing to invest in them in the beginnig with loans and free labor.

davidt!
12-20-2007, 12:08 AM
ttt

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 03:50 AM
We need to get the blimp to New York!!.. This is where it's headed soon according to the website, it finally has both banners.. now if we get it to some populated areas it will get tons of attention. Bump for the blimp ;)

EvilEngineer
12-20-2007, 03:52 AM
Blimp!

defcreative
12-20-2007, 04:46 AM
Bump! This won't look good for the media if we can't keep it afloat.

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Bump! This won't look good for the media if we can't keep it afloat.

I agree, but I fear that we gave it all we got financially on the Tea Party.

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 05:02 AM
BuMp For The BliMp!

defcreative
12-20-2007, 05:09 AM
I agree, but I fear that we gave it all we got financially on the Tea Party.

Me too, especially at this time of year there is a TON of extra money being spent.

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 05:10 AM
bump! keep 'er goin' guys!

Think12345
12-20-2007, 05:14 AM
Donated again.

We can't let the blimp down.

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 05:20 AM
bump

constituent
12-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Nobody forced you to click on the thread buddy.

lol... dumb ass

it is what it is. there was a blimp forum created for the over the top spam
style marketing ploy laid out and executed by the blimpies. most don't
really give two shits either way, as long as they feel as though they stand
closest to the light.

due to the incessant spamming of ronpaulforums.com by overzealous
blimpies an extra special forum was created for it. now, the blimpies
disregard the forum, and forum decorum, and continue to spam their
crap in the main GR section....

no, this isn't a GR project, this is an attempt by Liberty Advertising LLC
to bring in new revenue.... these are not donations to the blimp, these are
purchases of ad time (and if they expect any more sales, they need to
at the very least be honest about that when requesting money).

they can't even spin w/ honesty.... then they want 150k in the next two days?

after all the bullshit?

c'mon...

give me a break. it's ridiculous.

oh yea, and davidt, you're an ass.... but thanks for playing.

UziSprayTF
12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
I don't understand why there is a 2-day warning. If you gathered enough money to get the blimp of the ground, what immediate need is there for an additional 150k worth of funding? I'm no blimptologist (I'm a structural engineer) but I don't really understand where the 'oh my gosh we need 150k in two days!!' comes from. With the right city permits, 150k could buy you a bill board nearly 30 storeys tall! (hehehe, good morning NY, its the coastline and Ron Paul!)

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about the blimpty blimp blimp, (I actually really love saying the word blimp) but I'd prefer more transparency about projected costs, risks and strategies.

Sorry for the anti-pithy post.:p

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 05:50 AM
lol... dumb ass

it is what it is. there was a blimp forum created for the over the top spam
style marketing ploy laid out and executed by the blimpies. most don't
really give two shits either way, as long as they feel as though they stand
closest to the light.

due to the incessant spamming of ronpaulforums.com by overzealous
blimpies an extra special forum was created for it. now, the blimpies
disregard the forum, and forum decorum, and continue to spam their
crap in the main GR section....

no, this isn't a GR project, this is an attempt by Liberty Advertising LLC
to bring in new revenue.... these are not donations to the blimp, these are
purchases of ad time (and if they expect any more sales, they need to
at the very least be honest about that when requesting money).

they can't even spin w/ honesty.... then they want 150k in the next two days?

after all the bullshit?

c'mon...

give me a break. it's ridiculous.

oh yea, and davidt, you're an ass.... but thanks for playing.

Wow.. actually I've been given permission before to post about the blimp in main grassroots pages before(Yes by an Admin), maybe you should let the people whose job it is to decide do so. I suggest you let the admins do the administrating and you just do what your here to do. That is, of course, clear from your statement you know the part after you called somebody a "dumb ass". You have the right to disagree with the project but you must do it respectfully. Your post is full of curses and if you think your going to sway any opinions your anti-blimp way with that language you will very likely be disappointed. Like I said please feel free to disagree with the blimp, but do it respectfully.. and let the admins administrate(Your not an admin so do not tell people what to do)

constituent
12-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Wow.. actually I've been given permission before to post about the blimp in main grassroots pages before. I suggest you let the admins do the administrating and you just do what your here to do. That is, of course, clear from your statement you know the part after you called somebody a "dumb ass". You have the right to disagree with the project but you must do it respectfully. Your post is full of curses and if you think your going to sway any opinions your anti-blimp way with that language you will very likely be disappointed. Like I said please feel free to disagree with the blimp, but do it respectfully.. and let the admins administrate.

full of curses... two asses, and that's full of curses. lol.

anti-blimp? actually, i'm pro-blimp but opposed to deception
to raise funds/awareness.

you're off on so many level it is humorous. and this is exactly
the attitude that will doom the blimp, not the folks who
would like to see it executed w/ at least a nod toward decency.

i disagree w/ the way this is being spammed, and know KNOW that
it is counterproductive to the goals those individuals claim to be seeking...

lettin' you know. if you can't handle the word ass, and would rather get
emotional about it and ignore my advice.... go ahead, but it won't do you
or the blimp a lick of good.

i wish the blimp folks would get it together NerveShocker, i'm pro-blimp...

it's a shame that so many who claim to be aren't.

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 05:59 AM
full of curses... two asses, and that's full of curses. lol.

anti-blimp? actually, i'm pro-blimp but opposed to deception
to raise funds/awareness.

you're off on so many level it is humorous. and this is exactly
the attitude that will doom the blimp, not the folks who
would like to see it executed w/ at least a nod toward decency.

i disagree w/ the way this is being spammed, and know KNOW that
it is counterproductive to the goals those individuals claim to be seeking...

lettin' you know. if you can't handle the word ass, and would rather get
emotional about it and ignore my advice.... go ahead, but it won't do you
or the blimp a lick of good.

i wish the blimp folks would get it together NerveShocker, i'm pro-blimp...

it's a shame that so many who claim to be aren't.

Oh, cool fun game.. lets play count constituents curse words! Hmm Okay I counted 4 so I guess you missed 2. Rofl, are you serious...excusing it by saying its only 2(in reality its 4)? Sigh, I think your missing the point, its not the number of curses that makes cursing bad.. its the fact you cursed at all...its inappropriate. I was telling you that you should fix the post so people would take your point seriously.. but really your last post ruined any chance you had at that. Especially the part where you said "Im pro-blimp" lol! Pro-blimp just not Pro-the only blimp that we have. You would prefer some imaginary blimp, or maybe you have some blimp in your backyard and thats what you mean by your pro-blimp. Well I dunno you lost me. But please don't try to pretend that what your saying makes any sense. Your making a fool of yourself. (Also I stand by my first post.. you should edit the various curse words, its immature). Find ways to disagree with people respectfully, its not hard. ;)

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

EvilEngineer
12-20-2007, 06:02 AM
umm... Blimp!

constituent
12-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Oh, cool fun game.. lets play count constituents curse words! Hmm Okay I counted 4 so I guess you missed 2. Rofl, are you serious...excusing it by saying its only 2(in reality its 4)? Sigh, I think your missing the point, its not the number of curses that makes cursing bad.. its the fact you cursed at all...its inappropriate. I was telling you that you should fix the post so people would take your point seriously.. but really your last post ruined any chance you had at that. Especially the part where you said "Im pro-blimp" lol! Pro-blimp just not Pro-the only blimp that we have. You would prefer some imaginary blimp, or maybe you have some blimp in your backyard and thats what you mean by your pro-blimp. Well I dunno you lost me. But please don't try to pretend that what your saying makes any sense. Your making a fool of yourself. (Also I stand by my first post.. you should edit the various curse words, its immature). Find ways to disagree with people respectfully, its not hard. ;)

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

isn't "ass" one of those FCC sanctioned words? i thought it was.... hmmmm.... perhaps i'll edit out the "shits" and we'll call it even. :)

Yom
12-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Where's the blimp right now? Will it be going over Newport News and Williamsburg today? How did the group that organized it become short on money?

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 06:53 AM
You can go to www.RonPaulBlimp.com to find out where it currently is located. They have to pay for the blimp as it goes so the more we pay the longer it flies. If I had to guess how they got behind on money I would probably guess it was the Teaparty event. Many saved up for this and spent their money on it. We need some quick funds to get this Blimp to New York, but we did it on our last blimp deadline with only a couple days left and many funds to raise. We have no trouble rallying behind something when we're focused on it. Everyone who wants keep this blimp airborne with its new banners and all and send it to New York needs to act now.

Get the blimp through Maryland and to New York! ;)
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

webaform
12-20-2007, 06:59 AM
I don't understand why there is a 2-day warning. If you gathered enough money to get the blimp of the ground, what immediate need is there for an additional 150k worth of funding? I'm no blimptologist (I'm a structural engineer) but I don't really understand where the 'oh my gosh we need 150k in two days!!' comes from. With the right city permits, 150k could buy you a bill board nearly 30 storeys tall! (hehehe, good morning NY, its the coastline and Ron Paul!)

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about the blimpty blimp blimp, (I actually really love saying the word blimp) but I'd prefer more transparency about projected costs, risks and strategies.

Sorry for the anti-pithy post.:p

If you read the webpage put up when they started accepting initial donations, it clearly stated the $400,000 total needed on 12-21 for continuing operations. The initial lower amount was just to get the blimp off the ground. Transparency is there. Take the time to read what is on the website before donating.

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Bump for the Blimp! ;)

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

FreeTraveler
12-20-2007, 07:37 AM
The EPIC MONSTER MOVIE of All Time!

A Stupendous Battle for the Streets of New York!

WATCH as Truth and Justice Triumph over Evil!

HEAR the Mighty Roar of ....

The RON PAUL BLIMP
as it Retakes the Streets of New York!

Watch as The Ron Paul Blimp takes on

The Ghoul... the Goosestepping Godfather of Aggression
and
Hitlery... his Socialist Sister in Spirit

ON THEIR HOME TURF

Where Only
The Ron Paul Blimp
Dares to Go!

Bringing Liberty Back to the Masses!

Appearing Soon in the Skies Near Millions!

Rated LL - for Liberty Lovers Everywhere!

Filmed in Truth-O-Vision
Script by Founding Fathers, Inc.

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Show your support for the Ron Paul Blimp by either Donating at www.RonPaulBlimp.com or something we can all do for free, bump this thread! ;)

deedles
12-20-2007, 07:44 AM
I went in for another 25.00

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Well in your case you did both things ;)

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Bump for the blimp. This is getting us massive attention in the local media of the areas it passes. Many have said that the local media told people when the blimp would fly over their areas so they knew when to look! A few people in 1 city said how everyone was watching it as it passed by and waving. ;) This is doing tons for us in those local areas especially. The blimp is now headed to New York where is will reach millions more. We have to stick with this project and those who see the blimp I encourage to post about it since others are anxious to hear more.

Support the Ron Paul Blimp!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

speciallyblend
12-20-2007, 10:09 AM
blimpin,im hoping to donate 25 tonight,i guess i have to start a freakin google account to make a payment,ugh someone else with my bank info,i justwish they would use cc or paypal options as well,i know the blimp crew is busy but holding off on those 2 options is why they havent finished raising the money,many cant donate until they have a cc/paypal option TO DONATE.... LONG LIVE THE BLIMP BLIMPIN THE THREAD

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 10:11 AM
blimp

Rintrah54
12-20-2007, 10:13 AM
I agree, this has to be doing wonders for the local media....which is all my grandparents care about.

TIME TO BLIMP-SLAP SOME FOLKS!!!!

firebirdnation
12-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Has anyone sent a message to the meetup groups? I am a member of two meetup groups and haven't heard anything about this, so someone may want to start hitting the meetup groups. Good luck with the blimp, I am sure it will be great for local publicity.

fxmercenary
12-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Juuuust, throw da bimp, up in da airrrr an a show it like we truly careeee

szczebrzeszyn
12-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Transparency is there. Take the time to read what is on the website before donating.
This is not a donation, repeating this lie 1000 times won't make it truth. And speaking of transparency - can you tell me who actually collects the money sent through their website? Because ANY reference to the previous company name is long gone and they don't want to reveal any details before 21st. You're actually sending money to nobody at this time.

Think12345
12-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Blimp!

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Your correct... not donations.. even better you get to "purchase blimp advertising time"... call it what you want. Also you get entered into a raffle for a ride on the blimp. Not to mention 5000+ dollars sent guarantees you a ride on the blimp. And when you say we're sending our money to nobody... your full of it. Everything is explained in great detail on the website. And if you want to know what were spending our money on this should sum it up.

My friends in Raleigh saw the blimp. It was on TV that it would be passing overhead. Got to wave and everything. Said that EVERYBODY was looking up at it!

We're getting exactly what we paid for. We want Ron Paul's name to get out there and this is working wonderfully at the local level especially. We have given the media members free rides on the blimp and they have given great local coverage of the event which does tons for our efforts. This blimp has paid for itself already by the massive amounts it has reached, I have no regrets. ;) These claims about this being a scam are insane, people were earlier even suggesting they'll take our money and not even fly the thing.. I for one have had enough of the absurd theories and people trying to make us not trust the blimp project. ;/

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 10:43 AM
bump

szczebrzeszyn
12-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Your correct... not donations.. even better you get to "purchase blimp advertising time"
That's what it is I believe.

And when you say we're sending our money to nobody... your full of it. Everything is explained in great detail on the website.
Care to pass me a link where it is explained who collects the money you're sending through google checkout? I couldn't find any reference to that and as far as I know, the google receipt does not include any reference either. I noticed, that they removed a link to wire transfers as well. I'm far from accusing them of anything but you ARE sending money to nobody at this time. From the legal point of view, that may violate the FEC laws (they collect the money as neither LLC nor PAC - at least they stopped to state clearly who they are, legally), but I'm not a lawyer, so it's just my speculation. I hope I'm wrong.

We're getting exactly what we paid for. We want Ron Paul's name to get out there and this is working wonderfully at the local level especially. We have given the media members free rides on the blimp and they have given great local coverage of the event which does tons for our efforts. This blimp has paid for itself already by the massive amounts it has reached, I have no regrets. ;)
I'm not questioning it. I actually like they idea and would love to see the blimp myself (I've never seen one), but this recent secrecy "please wait 3 days before we can tell you who we are" is a bit disturbing.

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Smartest thing you said was your not a lawyer. If you don't want to donate thats fine but please stop trying to scare people into thinking this is some fraud. We are giving them money to get a blimp, put our advertisements on it and fly it... Honestly as long as they do those three things they can give my money to Santa Clause. Where ever the money is going to seems to be keeping the blimp operational... (or in your theory maybe they are gambling it away... I dunno) and flying it through populated areas all throughout the east coast. The sheer amount of people we reach with the blimp and the amazement they will have when seeing it make the costs a complete bargain. Keep trying to scare people.. and cause doubt in peoples minds but really its useless.. they are doing what we asked... giving us name recognition and not to mention amazing millions of people by proving Ron Paul supporters dedication. I can hear them now "Ron Paul has a blimp?!" ;) Then they'll look it up and see it was 100% grassroots.. sigh doesn't get any sweeter.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

sirachman
12-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Please tell everyone you know.. We have raised much bigger sums than this in a day! Tell everyone in your meetups, facebook groups, family, etc!

szczebrzeszyn
12-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Smartest thing you said was your not a lawyer. If you don't want to donate thats fine but please stop trying to scare people into thinking this is some fraud. We are giving them money to get a blimp, put our advertisements on it and fly it... Honestly as long as they do those three things they can give my money to Santa Clause.
I'm not calling it a scam. Don't put words in my mouth, OK? :) Will you give me the link I asked for? Shouldn't be too hard, if you're saying you know where the information is (I don't). I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Yawn.. it's what your implying. Your negativity is contagious.. I really don't know why I'm bothering to respond. Let's get things straight I don't have to give you anything... frankly I'm annoyed that some people still distrust this project after they have followed through with everything. If you think the money might not be going to the right places where do you suggest it's going? If that is the case who is paying for the blimp I keep seeing in videos that's flying around with 2 banners that say "Ron Paul Revolution" and "Who is Ron Paul". Look you can feel free to be skeptical about unimportant details, while I look at the big picture which is... are they doing what we are paying them for. They answer to that is: Yes. You can go look for that link(or whatever it is your looking for).. do what you wish... I've come to learn that no matter how transparent you are certain people will always demand more.. but I will choose to not be worried by such trivial things. Many times before little things popped up that seemed out of the ordinary and the people running the blimp cleared them up, this is probably no different. Most importantly... all I care about is the big picture... and that is that they followed through with the blimp to the best of their abilities (They had weather issues). Feel free to be skeptical of them after all they have already done, but I won't be joining you. Well I'm going to sleep so... don't expect any more responses from me, anyways I've said everything I wanted to you. Keep up the good work supporting Ron Paul.. when is the last time you said something positive anyways?(Rolls eyes)

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

szczebrzeszyn
12-20-2007, 11:43 AM
That's what I've expected. I asked you for a link and you gave me the speech about how you love the blimp. You could simply save the time by saying there's no such information on the webpage. Sweet dreams :D

work2win
12-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Blump!

I'm in for another $25. I didn't realize we'd need the rest this soon!

newmedia4ron
12-20-2007, 01:58 PM
bump

Heather in WI
12-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Blimp!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2127/2124745187_efd81ce244.jpg

Maximilian American
12-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Just Donated!

Maximilian American
12-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Blimp (this Is So Important)!

Bilgefisher
12-20-2007, 02:19 PM
This are the posts that need to stay on top. Not posts of people complaining about the media. This channel should be for grassroots efforts not complaints.

FreeTraveler
12-20-2007, 02:43 PM
http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/36882/2287941090100527759S425x425Q85.jpg

Bilgefisher
12-20-2007, 02:47 PM
If the blimp gets grounded, we get bad press. Its important to keep it in the air.

parke
12-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Id like to know if meetup is gaining members because of it.

tsetsefly
12-20-2007, 02:59 PM
notify meetup members and myspace and WTF with the owners of the blimp site get paypal and credit card on there NOW... they are shooting themselves in the foot...

damon04
12-20-2007, 03:02 PM
blimp

alieas007
12-20-2007, 03:15 PM
MUST STAY IN THE AIR!!

Thanks Xxxxx X. Xxxxxxxx, you're done!
Your order has been sent to RonPaulBlimpTour. Return to RonPaulBlimpTour »

W00t! I'm in the another $50. I'll be hitting up the YouTube videos hard tonight and during the day tommorow.

Please spread the word!

rainman39393
12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
blimp!

expatinireland
12-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I just gave a bit more.

The blimp is symbolic of the grassroots and the Old Media will have a field day if the Blimp is retired on anything other than our own terms. Weather stopped a big media boost on the 16th so we need to get it up to NH for a decent stay so it can prove its worth.

The blimp going down now will be seen as failure. This will hurt us with those potential voters who only come on board if they believe a candidate has a chance of winning.

The blimp must stay airborn.

Dax552
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Grassroots projects like the blimp should be our first priorities. Everyone please donate.

Talldude1412
12-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Blimp!

Think12345
12-20-2007, 03:29 PM
A-a-and BUMP!

Cimbri
12-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Bump

Cimbri
12-20-2007, 03:44 PM
bump