PDA

View Full Version : Concerns...questions for blimp team

JohnnyWrath
12-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Would someone please answer these questions directly? Pehaps it was mentioned elsewhere, but people need to know what is going on. After these questions are answered, then maybe you will see more customers.

#1 is political liberty advertising owned by Jerry Collette and liberty 527 ?? yes or no
( if no, then who is the owner?)

#2 will any money paid that exceeds the amount needed for the blimp project be used to promote any candidate other than Ron Paul himself?? yes or no

#3 why is there no longer any mention of "liberty political advertising" on the blimp page??

Thanks for answering the questions in advance.

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm abit concerned about #3 and asked this in the other thread as well. I can't find any company name on the blimp page anymore. It's even hard to guess who collects the money. It was clear in the past, that the money is collected by "liberty political advertising" LLC - it was mentioned directly below the google checkout on the front page. Now it's gone.

JaredR26
12-19-2007, 12:32 PM
#2 no.

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 12:35 PM
#2 was the easiest part :)

dante
12-19-2007, 12:54 PM
These are serious questions... and the blimp staff has been avoiding answering #1, & #3 on other threads. Something fishy is going on again folks... and I am quite disappointed... I thought the blimp team and finally learned their lesson about transparency but apparently not

Compulsive1
12-19-2007, 01:14 PM
You conspiracy theory prone people need to chill. The blimp was organized on a short notice with a lot of effort and with not enough money. There was a few threads on the legality of the whole undertaking and many things were clarified while others raised questions and speculations. The team was drawing a $500 per week salary, which is really nothing when you consider the amount of work it takes to make this happen. Any other campaign would have to pay many times that amount to get this work done.
There are probably good logistical and legal reasons for things happening the way they are.
Are you questioning the devotion and honesty of the Blimp team? Please!

This smells of a subversive tactic other campaigns would put on. Plant enough doubt in the minds of the supporters as to limit the amount of donations and ground the whole undertaking before its full potential is realized.
I'm not buying any of the implied accusations.
Personally I will donate one more time to the blimp.

robert4rp08
12-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Question #4: Can I fix the webpage for FREE? It's a bloody mess.

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 01:23 PM
You conspiracy theory prone people need to chill. The blimp was organized on a short notice with a lot of effort and with not enough money. There was a few threads on the legality of the whole undertaking and many things were clarified while others raised questions and speculations.
Have you read the posts in this thread at all? Because your answer is totally off topic. Where do you see the conspiracy? The blimp team was only asked what company it represents, because the name they were associated with before disappeared from their webpage. As simple as that. No conspiracy at all. And NO ACCUSATIONS. Is the question 'what company your work for' an accusation?

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
bump for the blimp team :D

JohnnyWrath
12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I am for the blimp, just was chatting and watching the live feed, I just have many questions...I am like that I guess. I think the lack of money coming in is a result of people not knowing exactly what's going on....

texasliberty
12-19-2007, 02:18 PM
I am for the blimp, just was chatting and watching the live feed, I just have many questions...I am like that I guess. I think the lack of money coming in is a result of people not knowing exactly what's going on....

Sure. You're clearly a blimp troll, arguably a professional one. You've yet to post a single useful post that actually advanced the blimp project; you pop up with "serious questions" to sow dissention and doubt every time the Blimp shows too much momentum, and I haven't seen you donate a dime (but feel free to post your donation receipts and prove me wrong). Despite your constant attempts to derail the project, we've got a Blimp in the air and $6M raised in a day, so run along and tell your masters that it's not working. Or let them look out the window and see for themselves :)

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
texasliberty, can you tell me what's wrong with these questions (before you call me a troll as well) ? I only want to know what company is behind the blimp NOW. Do you find this type of question insulting or ridiculous? They had no problem with that before and their company name was one of the first thing they told us 3 weeks ago. Now the name is gone and any question about it is avoided or called trolling.

dante
12-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Sure. You're clearly a blimp troll, arguably a professional one. You've yet to post a single useful post that actually advanced the blimp project; you pop up with "serious questions" to sow dissention and doubt every time the Blimp shows too much momentum, and I haven't seen you donate a dime (but feel free to post your donation receipts and prove me wrong). Despite your constant attempts to derail the project, we've got a Blimp in the air and $6M raised in a day, so run along and tell your masters that it's not working. Or let them look out the window and see for themselves :)

Well let's see... I have the same questions... does that make me a troll too??? some troll I am... co-head of my campus student ron paul chapter... been shown on nbc marching with a ron paul sign... going to Iowa to canvass in the 15 degree cold for a week leading up to the caucuses as part of the campaign efforts... yep that's me super troll.

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Well let's see... I have the same questions... does that make me a troll too??? some troll I am... co-head of my campus student ron paul chapter... been shown on nbc marching with a ron paul sign... going to Iowa to canvass in the 15 degree cold for a week leading up to the caucuses as part of the campaign efforts... yep that's me super troll.
A troll in disguise :D

homah
12-19-2007, 03:20 PM

Enough with the troll comments. Tons of people are wondering about these very questions. If they were answered, the donation rate would increase.

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Enough with the troll comments. Tons of people are wondering about these very questions. If they were answered, the donation rate would increase.
I'm not sure about the donation rate (depends on the answer hehe), but it would at least clear that fairly simple issue. For now, people don't really know who they send money to. Most of them probably don't care, but I would be concerned.

Doriath
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
5. What are the blimp people's real plans to deal with the Cheney Death Blimp? Enquiring minds want to know! And right freakin' now, darnit!

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i27870

:D

HOLLYWOOD
12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Question #4: Can I fix the webpage for FREE? It's a bloody mess.

WHO DO YOU CONTACT TO FIX THE WEBPAGE?

Who does the schedule for the RP MEETUP Groups AND local/regional PRESS with the BLIMPS FLIGHT PLAN/schedule?

Some Disconnects need to be addressed and/or Project timelines coordinated between AIR & GROUND

robert4rp08
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
WHO DO YOU CONTACT TO FIX THE WEBPAGE?

Who does the schedule for the RP MEETUP Groups AND local/regional PRESS with the BLIMPS FLIGHT PLAN/schedule?

Some Disconnects need to be addressed and/or Project timelines coordinated between AIR & GROUND

Not sure, but for a paid web developer it should be damn near perfect.

dante
12-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I love how we still don't have answers to these questions... yet blimp people are answering questions on other threads... looks like something fishy is going on with liberty political advertising

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I love how we still don't have answers to these questions... yet blimp people are answering questions on other threads... looks like something fishy is going on with liberty political advertising
They have obviously chosen to ignore it for good.
And by the way, do we need this section at all? It seems they don't answer questions here anymore.

Mckarnin
12-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Would someone please answer these questions directly? Pehaps it was mentioned elsewhere, but people need to know what is going on. After these questions are answered, then maybe you will see more customers.

#1 is political liberty advertising owned by Jerry Collette and liberty 527 ?? yes or no
( if no, then who is the owner?)

#2 will any money paid that exceeds the amount needed for the blimp project be used to promote any candidate other than Ron Paul himself?? yes or no

#3 why is there no longer any mention of "liberty political advertising" on the blimp page??

Thanks for answering the questions in advance.

1 and 3 fall under the heading of wait and see. 3 days and I should be able to answer your questions.

In answer to #2 --Any money over the $400,000 for the first month ($375,000 to the blimp company and $25,000 for lawyers, administrative costs, lodging, promotional materials, equipment) the money will start building towards additional blimp air time past the first month.

szczebrzeszyn
12-19-2007, 09:06 PM
1 and 3 fall under the heading of wait and see. 3 days and I should be able to answer your questions.
Just LOL. Sometimes it hurts to be right...

dante
12-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Just LOL. Sometimes it hurts to be right...

Yeah... and they expect us to come up with 130k for them in the meantime... and we don't even know their corporate status/ structure... good luck to that