PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Tom "Bomb Mecca" Tancredo Attacking Ron Paul

JPFromTally
12-19-2007, 11:55 AM
http://teamtancredo.org/news.php?newsid=212

Apparently, Tom is another one who believes that Ron should be held responsible for ever single person who wants to vote for him.

curtisag
12-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Tom needs to realize he's a big nobody and has no money, supporters, grassroots, or chance to win.

Ron2Win
12-19-2007, 11:58 AM
cool, bring more attention.

JenHarris
12-19-2007, 11:59 AM
this is typical politics, you attack the person who's ahead of you to try to take their spot

robertwerden
What kind of sill crap is this. Ron Paul did not say this? Sounds like a desperate act on the part of Tancredo

Green Mountain Boy
I'm surprised that Tancredo would be going on the attack against Paul. Why doesn't he just give up already and endorse him?

QuadForce
12-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Tancredo is still in the race?

steph3n
12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I am surprised to see Tancredo of all people stoop to this, he knows that letter was NOT on "behalf" of ron paul

newmedia4ron
12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
so childish
the only person that represents ron paul is ron paul
i kinda like though maybe some press will come out of it

Drknows
12-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm surprised that Tancredo would be going on the attack against Paul. Why doesn't he just give up already and endorse him?

I guess Tom just lost his only lunch buddy in congress,

Midnight77
12-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Who's Tom Tancredo?

LinearChaos
12-19-2007, 12:03 PM
The sad thing is that I read so much about how Tandcredo's people are going most likely going to hop on board the Ron Paul ship once Tancredo bows out. I bet a bunch of them are shaking their heads about this, lol.

son of liberty
WTF? well this is out of left field.

angrydragon
N/M

Duckman
12-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: NONE of the other current GOP candidates are a suitable VP for Ron Paul.

z7trance
12-19-2007, 12:04 PM
..who is this "tom tancredo" you speak of?

Menthol Patch
12-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Tancredo is simply a neo-con like all the other candidates. He supports the war in Iraq, supports the federal reserve, supports big government, supports the war on drugs, and supports high taxes!

We need to realize that to the neo-cons Ron Paul is enemy #1! Why? Because is advocates freedom, small government, and peace!

Lets not give Tancredo ANY extra attention by even responding to this letter.

StateofTrance
12-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Tom is just another worthless Rudy clone who would deport his own mother for $$

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't agree with what the author of that article said about the Minutemen either. In fact, it really irritates me. But, it's not like he said that Paul agreed with him or anything.

It does look bad though, posted on Lew's site and Tancredo is trying to make the most of it. It's a cheap shot and little Tom knows it. Frankly, it made me lose the now twindling respect, I used to have for him.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Tancredo is simply a neo-con like all the other candidates. He supports the war in Iraq, supports the federal reserve, supports big government, supports the war on drugs, and supports high taxes!

Oh bull! Tom is not a neocon. Nor, does he support big government or high taxes. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RickSp
12-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Tancredo's press release quotes a open letter from Abelardo J. Arias which discusses his disagreement with some of Paul's views on immigration. Tancredo then claims that the letter was written "on behalf of Ron Paul, which suggests that reading comprehension is not one of Tancredo's strengths.

Tancredo is an idiot as well as a lunatic racist.

PatriotOne
LOL. Sounds like Tancredo is attempting to position himself for the Minuteman endorsement (as soon as Gilchrist rescinds his ridiculous one of Huckster).

ronpaulforprez2008
Nothing wrong with what Abelardo J. Arias says. He's entitled to his opinion and Lew is entitled to publishing it. Tancredo is just trying to play to wedge issues like immigration and race. Wouldn't it be nice if we could focus on solving these problems without all the political baiting. This is one thing I like about Ron, he doesn't appear to play these political games and gives the public a straight answer on his views.

Delaware
12-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I support Tom's positions here, you come to America, you learn our language and assimilate, i would do the samee thing if i emigrated somewhere else. I wouldnt expect to be catered to.

Hook
Too bad, since we have been pretty civil towards Tancredo. I guess he wants a little taste of the RP grassroots. :D

Danny Molina
Dr. Paul has just lost my vote. Tancredo 08!

TruckinMike
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2094/2066571269_064d648891_o.jpg

thats me.

TM

user
12-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I hope my fellow RP supporters can finally stop praising this guy now.

ConstitutionGal
12-19-2007, 12:21 PM

As much as I personally love Tom (and, yes, I do know him personally), please tell me you're kidding.:eek:

steph3n
12-19-2007, 12:21 PM

thats me.

TM
good to see you back Mike, missed you there for a while!

Good work on protecting our borders when the government won't do the job at times.

fletcher
12-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Someone on lewrockwell should write a ridiculous letter on behalf of Tom Tancredo, and then we should flood his campaign demanding that is either publicly supports it or opposes it. Know anyone that can post there?

Johncjackson
12-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I support Tom's positions here, you come to America, you learn our language and assimilate, i would do the samee thing if i emigrated somewhere else. I wouldnt expect to be catered to.

I pretty much support the same standards used for centuries of non-English speaking European immigrants. Which is pretty much what Hispanics are doing.

All the nationalities from Europe and Asia have their own versions of not assimilating, their own "Little"' Italy, Poland, China,etc, parents and grandparents that don't speak English or care to ( they want their children and grandchildren to learn the language and culture, though). And so on.

The fact is, most of the anti-immigrant activists only care when it comes to Mexicans and a few other groups ( that tend to be darker and/or "Latin").

I guess I have to give Tancredo credit for consistency. He doesn't seem to single out any specific group as an equal opportunity immigration opponent.

daikonv
12-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Tom needs to learn to read.

1) Ron Paul didn't write that.
2) The author of that letter says that while he would like to see amnesty for illegal aliens as an emergency only measure, he respects Ron Paul's views on attacking illegal immigration
3) Tom Tancredo is a chump.

Johncjackson
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Ron Paul obviously doesn't agree with the guy who wrote the letter. He wants a sovereign country with secure borders, but Ron Paul has also said he doesn't believe in the SCAPEGOATING of the immigrants- which is the right attitude to have and more than can be said for the other candidates.

S3eker
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Tancredo might actually be calling it quits

http://teamtancredo.org/news.php?newsid=214

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Someone on lewrockwell should write a ridiculous letter on behalf of Tom Tancredo, and then we should flood his campaign demanding that is either publicly supports it or opposes it. Know anyone that can post there?

:D

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 12:29 PM

I agree with Tom on this issue too.

nbhadja
12-19-2007, 12:30 PM
I pretty much support the same standards used for centuries of non-English speaking European immigrants. Which is pretty much what Hispanics are doing.

All the nationalities from Europe and Asia have their own versions of not assimilating, their own "Little"' Italy, Poland, China,etc, parents and grandparents that don't speak English or care to ( they want their children and grandchildren to learn the language and culture, though). And so on.

The fact is, most of the anti-immigrant activists only care when it comes to Mexicans and a few other groups ( that tend to be darker and/or "Latin").

I guess I have to give Tancredo credit for consistency. He doesn't seem to single out any specific group as an equal opportunity immigration opponent.

Today all illegals are criticized, not just Hispanic illegals.

Since 9-11-2001, thousands of US citizens have been murdered by illegal immigrants. That is unacceptable and sickening, those deaths should have never happened! Thank god RP is tough on illegals.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Tancredo is an idiot as well as a lunatic racist.

He's a racist because he doesn't think it's ok for people to illegally invade our country? Or is it because he doesn't think the government has any business paying for their free education and healthcare with OUR tax dollars?

Sorry. I'm with Tancredo on immigration. In fact, I would love it if Ron brought him on board to deal with the borders, once he is elected.

me3
12-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Looks like Tom might be getting the MinuteMan endorsement.

Also, the attack on Paul only serves to help promote a very good article. Attacking Paul is juvenile and counter-productive. Tom's actually helping Ron Paul even if he is pandering to his narrow single issue base.

N13
12-19-2007, 12:32 PM
As soon as Tancredo gets his matching funds subsidy, he'll go back under the rock he came from. Or was it a wood pile?

Then he and Duncan Hunter can enjoy the welfare advantage they have in future elections.

BuddyRey
12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: NONE of the other current GOP candidates are a suitable VP for Ron Paul.

Seconded!

conner_condor
12-19-2007, 12:35 PM
It could be a setup to get the Dr. some more air time from the media. We seen how he hit the Rosa park story out of the park. Who knows what is going on now?

Delaware
12-19-2007, 12:36 PM
I hate how people say Tom Tancredo is one issue, hes not. He is just very dedicated to the Issue of illegal immigration. It's not like he doesnt care about other things.

This sort of immigration is a big issue here,i've worked with illegal immigrations, and i know how they are.

jj111
12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Someone could post a ridiculous letter "On Behalf of Tom Tancredo" even on this site.

mconder
12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Is this desperation I hear? Are too many of Tom's supports becoming converted to RP?

Tom, I hope this becomes a top news story, so Ron Paul can get more media time. Alas, no one cares what you have to say.

TwiLeXia
12-19-2007, 12:40 PM
lol have tancredo vs ron paul and see how bad tancredo gets owned.

ronpaulyourmom
12-19-2007, 12:45 PM
This is actually bad news, because Tom Tancredo has scheduled a major press conference in Iowa tomorrow. There's the possibility that he'll drop out, he may or may not endorse, but at a minimum he'll be grabbing headlines.

PimpBlimp
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Who was the idiot that wrote that extremely liberal letter in the name of Ron Paul? Ron Paul wants the border secured more than anyone and Ive heard him personally say that he doesn't support any form of amnesty.

Whoever wrote that should be flogged to death.

Joe3113
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Tancredo might actually be calling it quits

http://teamtancredo.org/news.php?newsid=214

So will this be good for RP? Won't his small contingent just support another pro-war guy?

nbhadja
12-19-2007, 12:48 PM
RP wants to cut welfare for illegals, how much tougher can you get.

literatim
12-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Published on the website of his former Chief of Staff?

Uh...

BuddyRey
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh bull! Tom is not a neocon. Nor, does he support big government or high taxes. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know about the Big Government or high taxes, and I agree with him regarding the threat of illegal immigration, but Tom is most definitely a dyed-in-the-wool, hardcore neocon. Listening to him pontificate on the "global threat of Islamic Jihad", it becomes apparent to me that Tom Tancredo loves war like flowers love sunshine.

Shink
12-19-2007, 12:50 PM
http://teamtancredo.org/news.php?newsid=212

Apparently, Tom is another one who believes that Ron should be held responsible for ever single person who wants to vote for him.

Who the fuck is Tancredo to even dare mention racism? That's a fucking laugh.

user
12-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Who was the idiot that wrote that extremely liberal letter in the name of Ron Paul? Ron Paul wants the border secured more than anyone and Ive heard him personally say that he doesn't support any form of amnesty.

Whoever wrote that should be flogged to death.
I'm glad you've taken to Ron Paul's message of peace...

:rolleyes:

Tim724
12-19-2007, 12:55 PM
A few thoughts about this:

1. It is a really flimsy accusation. The author is in no way connected to Dr Paul. This was an article posted on a website mainted by a guy who Ron Paul is friends with. Several degrees of separation here. I mean, Lew Rockwell doesn't even necessarily agree with the article.

2. Tancredo's website just got more hits than ever.

3. Bay Buchanon, Pat's sister, works for the Tancredo campaign. Are the Buchanons turning on Ron Paul or something?

PimpBlimp
12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm glad you've taken to Ron Paul's message of peace...

:rolleyes:

Was being satirical :rolleyes:

Shink
12-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Tancredo SHOULD drop out tomorrow and endorse Ron, but I doubt either will happen. I'm guessing tomorrow is an announcement about accepting matching funds. Even if he does drop out, he'll probably endorse Jim Gilmore, or an equally worthless non-Ron Paul.

fortilite
12-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Screw it, if a fly were angry at you would you care?

The xenophobic fly isn't even worth squishing.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't know about the Big Government or high taxes, and I agree with him regarding the threat of illegal immigration, but Tom is most definitely a dyed-in-the-wool, hardcore neocon. Listening to him pontificate on the "global threat of Islamic Jihad", it becomes apparent to me that Tom Tancredo loves war like flowers love sunshine.

I agree with him that we have a problem with radical Islam, but I don't agree with him on the solution. I think he is wrong. That however, is not enough reason to call him a neocon. Do you understand where the term came from and what neoconservatives actually believe in? The war, is only one small part of it.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Ok guys, please clean up the language.

kylejack
12-19-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't ascribe any malice to this. Its just standard Tancredo Mexico-hatin'. Silly Tom.

rooteroa
12-19-2007, 01:04 PM
"A letter to the world on behalf of Tom Tancredo

Hello world,

As a supporter of Tom Tancredo I find myself hating whites, blacks, jews, mexicans, catholics, muslims, asians, buddhists and other filth. If Tancredo is elected I believe he will nuke all of these horrible people out of existance. Vote Trancredo!

Sincerely,
Tom Tancredo's biggest supporter"

Care to answer to that Tancredo? Your name was used so you must endorse it :rolleyes:

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 01:05 PM
what a tool and what a silly stunt to pull just to try and get up in the polls...

literatim
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
The ironic part is that Ron Paul supports the Minutemen.

TheConstitutionLives
12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Tom needs to realize he's a big nobody and has no money, supporters, grassroots, or chance to win.

That's not a nice thing to say.

I actually agree w/ Tancredo here. That letter talking about the Minutemen as an organization being racist is obsurd.

I'm not a big fan of the letter on Rockwell. Poor choice of words by the fella who wrote it.

That's my opinion.

TheConstitutionLives
12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Who the fuck is Tancredo to even dare mention racism? That's a fucking laugh.

Can we talk to each other on here like adults? You're "FREE" to say anything you wish but you should remember that there are ladies on this forum. Let's have some respect for them, please.

user
12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I don't ascribe any malice to this. Its just standard Tancredo Mexico-hatin'. Silly Tom.

:D

user
12-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Can we talk to each other on here like adults? You're "FREE" to say anything you wish but you should remember that there are ladies on this forum. Let's have some respect for them, please.

I can understand if you don't like to read bad language, but why do women need more protection from it? :confused:

I guess this is one of those things I disagree with conservatives on.

Dequeant
12-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Who is Tom Tancredo? ;)

nbhadja
12-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Lol I agree, it's just the fuck word.

jnpg
I like how the end of it looks like 'doob'

TANCREDO08

user
Who is Tom Tancredo? ;)
...Google Tom Tancredo? ;) :eek:

Lord Xar
12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I am confused..

He is holding Ron Paul responsible for an article written by someone else?

What is the deal here? Seriously, I am confused.

TheConstitutionLives
12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I can understand if you don't like to read bad language, but why do women need more protection from it? :confused:

I guess this is one of those things I disagree with conservatives on.

Do you walk into a church, a parents' house, a friend's parent's house and just start dropping f-bombs? It's called common courtesy.

matthylland
12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Who is Tom Tancredo?
..He running for president? hehe

TruckinMike
12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Minutemen are Patriots with the same spirit and passion for America, its founders, and the Constitution as the folks here on this forum.

Those of you that think the Minutemen are in any way racist have been given a dose of MSM medicine. Many Minutemen, me included, support Dr. Paul for the same reasons you do. And "he" supports "us", the minutemen, for the same reason he supports the Grassroots supporters --- we are all going in the same direction.

one exception, some have fallen pray to the neo-con war propaganda, but many have not.

And Tancredo is desperate, thus his latest move.

TruckinMike

stefans
12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
this is typical politics, you attack the person who's ahead of you to try to take their spot

indeed. and ron paul should do it, too.

user
12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Do you walk into a church, a parents' house, a friend's parent's house and just start dropping f-bombs? It's called common courtesy.

No, I don't do that, but my question was about why you believe women need more protection from bad language.

BarryDonegan
12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
id say this is good strategy for tancredo. it benefits paul too bc it gives him a chance to clarify his position on immigration... and the article itself says "former chief of staff" if every politician had to step up and monitor the actions of all their former advisors thats a pandoras box most politicians dont want to open. its not a very credible attack.

TheNewYorker
12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
The impression I get from this article by Tancredo, is Tancredo wants Ron Paul to clarify his position on illegal immigration and distance himself from this pro-illegal immigration letter written by a hispanic Ron Paul supporter, for Tom Tancredo can finally endorse Paul.

Ron Paul needs to get on this ASAP! E-MAIL HIM!

TheConstitutionLives
12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
No, I don't do that, but my question was about why you believe women need more protection from bad language.

Why do you open the door for your mom or girlfriend/wife? B/c you respect them.

Todd
12-19-2007, 01:58 PM

+1
I think it's that people who curse have usually tended to lack the ability to speak intelligently. It is also lazy, crass, and low class.

TheNewYorker
12-19-2007, 01:58 PM

I don't open the door for my mother, and when I did that for my ex-gf, she called me a dork.

user
12-19-2007, 01:59 PM
I guess we'll have to "agree to disagree" as they say. There are bound to be differences when libertarians and conservatives come together for a campaign.

BarryDonegan
12-19-2007, 02:01 PM

this is a reason why we need more local government.

ok, im from TN, im southern. i have been raised to think that women are delicate creatures with an important value to society that men must respect and protect. this is considered a wicked line of thinking in some areas, which doesn't rub well with me. im a southern person, but im hardly an ignorant redneck. i believe there is a lot of intellectual reasoning for that type of attitude. women have reproductive capability which noone can replace, whereas one man can do the work of 100 for reproductive capacity. because of this, societies with lower female population percentages tend to get social morays that reflect what they want to do as far as keeping their women in good health. in the deep south this results in holding the doors, little signs of respect, carrying things for women.
when i lived in LA,(which has a female majority, census-wise) this was totally antisocial and bizarre. if either place legislated the other in any way on something like that, that would be a disaster.

where im from, however, the women appreciate having the door held, and, in fact, EXPECT IT!

and if you outright disrespect women publicly you will be socially accosted for it.

this is a great example as to why Dr. Paul is right that big government always fails the people. whats going on in Nashville is polite and nice and well intentioned and everyone there likes it. in NYC its offensive, abrasive, and rude to do the same things. so one can not legislate the other, the attitudes are too incompatible.

Pete
12-19-2007, 02:16 PM
If I recall correctly, Ron Paul has said that it's OK to stipulate that federal government business be done in English, if Congress so decides, but it's up to the states and localities to determine their own rules. Which would be reasonable.

As far as the Minutemen go, their motivation would evaporate if the feds were doing their job.

user
12-19-2007, 02:23 PM
this is a reason why we need more local government.

ok, im from TN, im southern. i have been raised to think that women are delicate creatures with an important value to society that men must respect and protect. this is considered a wicked line of thinking in some areas, which doesn't rub well with me. im a southern person, but im hardly an ignorant redneck. i believe there is a lot of intellectual reasoning for that type of attitude. women have reproductive capability which noone can replace, whereas one man can do the work of 100 for reproductive capacity. because of this, societies with lower female population percentages tend to get social morays that reflect what they want to do as far as keeping their women in good health. in the deep south this results in holding the doors, little signs of respect, carrying things for women.
when i lived in LA,(which has a female majority, census-wise) this was totally antisocial and bizarre. if either place legislated the other in any way on something like that, that would be a disaster.

where im from, however, the women appreciate having the door held, and, in fact, EXPECT IT!

and if you outright disrespect women publicly you will be socially accosted for it.

this is a great example as to why Dr. Paul is right that big government always fails the people. whats going on in Nashville is polite and nice and well intentioned and everyone there likes it. in NYC its offensive, abrasive, and rude to do the same things. so one can not legislate the other, the attitudes are too incompatible.
Very interesting post. I can see why that is a factor, but I don't think it's the only one.

nathanmn
12-19-2007, 02:29 PM
The impression I get from this article by Tancredo, is Tancredo wants Ron Paul to clarify his position on illegal immigration and distance himself from this pro-illegal immigration letter written by a hispanic Ron Paul supporter, for Tom Tancredo can finally endorse Paul.

Ron Paul needs to get on this ASAP! E-MAIL HIM!

I suppose that is a possibility, that this is just an opening to get Ron Paul to clarify his border security/immigration stance so Tom Tancredo can endorse him. However, it looks more like a cheap shot. It is hard to say, because I wouldn't expect a cheap shot from Tom Tancredo. He is a pretty good guy.

Mark Rushmore
12-19-2007, 02:29 PM
If I recall correctly, Ron Paul has said that it's OK to stipulate that federal government business be done in English, if Congress so decides, but it's up to the states and localities to determine their own rules. Which would be reasonable.

I believe it was the Univision debate.

I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the translation or posting:

MODERATOR: Congressman Paul, what would be the practical value
of English as an official language?

PAUL: Well, it's practical because we can all understand each
other. I sometimes think that those who attack bilingualism sometimes
are jealous, and we feel inferior, because we're not capable.

But we should have one language.

But we, as federal officials, as a congressman or a president, we
only have authority over the federal government. So I think all
federal things should be in English.
But when it comes to bilingualism in schools or the states, under
our Constitution, it really is permissible.

PAUL: And the states can decide that. But under the conditions
that we have today, I think it is good and proper to have one
language, which would be English, for all legal matters at the
national level. But this doesn't preclude bilingualism or whatever in
private use or in education or in local government.
(APPLAUSE)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1937224/posts

daikonv
12-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I've written an email to Alan Moore. This is what I wrote:

Dear Alan,
I'm a little taken aback by the tone of this request to Ron Paul. It makes it sound as if Dr. Paul has claimed that the minutemen are racists, which was never the case. It should be very clear that Dr. Paul's position is no amnesty for illegal aliens has been consistent for many years. He even wants to end birth right citizenship. Yesterday on the Glenn beck show, he has publicly called for the pardoning of Agents Ramos and Compean. Some individual supporters may have different opinions on the subject of illegal immigration, analogous to Pat Robertson endorsing a person who is pro-choice. However, this does not mean that Dr. Paul shares the same views and to ask the good doctor to respond to every individual supporter's position is very tedious and unnecessary. Also, note that nowhere in the letter to Ron Paul does it say that Ron Paul endorses the letter. If it was an official opinion of Ron Paul, he would have put his endorsement on it. While I do appreciate Tom Tancredo's efforts in fighting the illegal immigration problem, I do not feel it should be Ron Paul's obligation to sort through every supporter's views and respond to them. That would be comparable to a big government monitoring its people.
Sincerely,
xxxxx

user
12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I've written an email to Alan Moore. This is what I wrote:

Dear Alan,
I'm a little taken aback by the tone of this request to Ron Paul. It makes it sound as if Dr. Paul has claimed that the minutemen are racists, which was never the case. It should be very clear that Dr. Paul's position is no amnesty for illegal aliens has been consistent for many years. He even wants to end birth right citizenship. Yesterday on the Glenn beck show, he has publicly called for the pardoning of Agents Ramos and Compean. Some individual supporters may have different opinions on the subject of illegal immigration, analogous to Pat Robertson endorsing a person who is pro-choice. However, this does not mean that Dr. Paul shares the same views and to ask the good doctor to respond to every individual supporter's position is very tedious and unnecessary. Also, note that nowhere in the letter to Ron Paul does it say that Ron Paul endorses the letter. If it was an official opinion of Ron Paul, he would have put his endorsement on it. While I do appreciate Tom Tancredo's efforts in fighting the illegal immigration problem, I do not feel it should be Ron Paul's obligation to sort through every supporter's views and respond to them. That would be comparable to a big government monitoring its people.
Sincerely,
xxxxx
I'm pretty sure they know all this. It's just a political stunt.

Mark Rushmore
12-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I suppose that is a possibility, that this is just an opening to get Ron Paul to clarify his border security/immigration stance so Tom Tancredo can endorse him. However, it looks more like a cheap shot. It is hard to say, because I wouldn't expect a cheap shot from Tom Tancredo. He is a pretty good guy.

If the rumors that he's likely dropping out to pursue a Senate run are true - it's even harder to see why he would go on the attack at the very end of his campaigning - unless he was bought out by one of the other candidates, but I'd like to give him slightly more credit than that. Time will tell.

theodorelogan
12-19-2007, 02:38 PM
You guys need to stop trashing the guy that wrote that open letter. The point of it was to help people who DISAGREE with Ron Paul on his border stance see why they should still support him (I am one of those people).

Ron Paul needs the support of a broad range of people, and there is nothing wrong with telling opponents of a given policy why they should vote for Ron Paul anyway.

Personally, I believe that all borders should be open for people and goods to pass freely. I also believe that the stuff I hear people saying about losing their jobs, culture, or language is ridiculous.

This is obviously at odds with Ron Paul's position. However, I believe that there are FAR more important issues, and that I agree with Ron Paul on the vast majority of his issues.

rightobeleftalone
12-19-2007, 03:12 PM
why would the minutemen leader, gilcrist i think his name is support huckster? did huck pay him to do this or did norris threaten to hurt him?

koob
12-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Tancredo is still in the race?

lol.

Ron LOL
12-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Not impressed. Tancredo has zero reason to attack RP unless he's doing a favor for somebody. That's just low.

HazardPerry
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
It does seem a bit strange that Tancredo stirs this seemingly innocuous and goofy story up, and then has a 'big announcement' going out tomorrow. I agree with most of you guys that it can mean one of three things, assuming Tom has about run his course:

Tancredo wants Ron to use the article to publicly clarify his position, so that Tancredo's supporters won't feel so betrayed when he endorses Paul after leaving the race.

Tancredo wants Ron to look soft on immigration so that he will lose even more ground when Tancredo endorses another candidate who is looking vulnerable against Paul's insurgency.

Absolutely nothing.

Regardless, while we should all do our best to show our support and shoot off some e-mails, the reality is these two are buddies and however it plays out, the outcome has likely already been determined. If it has to do with an endorsement, i'm sure the Paul people already know about it and are preparing a press release in turn. But there are a bunch of possibilities, and it does seem rather strange that Tancredo would come all this way and then wave good-bye before the big day. But then again, it makes alot of sense that he will recognize he is not going to have a good showing, and he might as well give the support he does have to the candidate who he thinks has the best chance of carrying out many of his ideas. To me that man is Ron Paul, but to him it may be someone completely different.

Either way, I doubt this is coincidence. The sheer frivolity of the "attack," as well as the fact that it wasn't an attack at all, rather a request for "clarification," gives me hope for some good news come tommorrow.

user
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Does anyone think RP shouldn't ignore this?

SupportingPaul
12-20-2007, 06:59 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=682621&postcount=9

SupportingPaul
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Does anyone think RP shouldn't ignore this?

I think he shouldn't ignore it. He needs to come out and make it clear that the intentions of Tancredo and the liberal media are to hinder his campaign. He needs to make it clear to future supporters that the article is an opinion piece based off of the opinions of the author, Not Ron Paul.

parke
12-20-2007, 07:03 PM
:eek:Tancrapo is like a deer in headlights. Anyone remember the debates?

user
12-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I think he shouldn't ignore it. He needs to come out and make it clear that the intentions of Tancredo and the liberal media are to hinder his campaign. He needs to make it clear to future supporters that the article is an opinion piece based off of the opinions of the author, Not Ron Paul.
Now that Tancredo has dropped out and endorsed Romney, I wonder what the point of this whole thing was. One last attack on RP?

SupportingPaul
12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Now that Tancredo has dropped out and endorsed Romney, I wonder what the point of this whole thing was. One last attack on RP?

I guess he showed his true colors, but he wanted to make it appear as if he had no choice. Everyone knows that with Tancredo's stance on illegal immigration he should have back Paul or at least Hunter. Backing Romney, an advocate of sanctuary cities and former employer of illegals, shows that his true nature is that of a NeoCon.

So in other words, He is using this article that is nothing more then an opinion piece, Not Ron Paul's opinion though, as a justification for not backing Ron Paul.

susano
12-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Where is is the letter from Tancredo? The OP's link doesn't work, for me.

SupportingPaul
12-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Where is is the letter from Tancredo? The OP's link doesn't work, for me.

The letter he is referring to is the article in question. I guess he refers to it as a letter because it is supposed to be a message to the Hispanic community.

Tancredo Asks Ron Paul for Clarification
IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 19, 2007
Alan.Moore@TeamTancredo.org
F. 703-255-9875
O.703.255.9898
C.303-332-8279

Tancredo Asks Ron Paul for Clarification

Letter written on behalf of Ron Paul calls for an end to assimilation, supports pathway to citizenship, and calls the Minutemen “racists”

(Washington, D.C.) – Presidential candidate Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) today asked fellow candidate Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) to disavow or accept responsibility from a letter published on the webpage of his former Chief of Staff Lew Rockwell.

“This letter written on behalf of Ron Paul labels the Minutemen as racists, supports a pathway to citizenship, and denounces assimilation and the use of the English language in America,” Tancredo said. “Congressman Paul needs to write off this radical diatribe as nothing more than a rogue supporter misusing his name, or publicly support the views that are exhibited in this letter.”

Tancredo concluded, “In a political season that has witnessed many who are less than truthful with their intentions, we need candidates who preach what they truly believe. I hope Congressman Paul will address the views illustrated in this letter immediately.”

The author, Abelardo J. Arias, states in his “Open Letter to Hispanics On Behalf of Ron Paul” that the Hispanic community has “seen overt racism from people like the Minutemen and other self-armed vigilantes who patrol the border.” He goes on to state, “Although I personally support amnesty as an emergency measure to forgive the hard-working taxpayers who live in our country illegally, I can still fully support Ron Paul as a man who will defend the rights and liberties of men, women and children who enter this country for a better life.”

Lastly, Arias says “Hispanics balk at any attempt by the majority to assimilate us or to only speak English because we’re in someone else’s country. Ron Paul’s principles in action demonstrate that he would never support a policy that Hispanics in America need to do as Americans do. There are many in the Republican Party today who feel that way about Hispanics. I consider this only a milder form of racism and xenophobia.”

To read the article released on behalf of Ron Paul:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/arias1.html

RPFTW!
12-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Wow today has been a depressing day :(

SupportingPaul
12-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Wow today has been a depressing day :(

Don't let their actions get you down. Use it as fuel to fight the information revolution.

LinearChaos
12-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Tancredo's endorement of Romney is a nonevent, just like his dropping out. Instead of dropping out and endorsing Paul, he attacked Paul, dropped out, and endorsed Romney. What a toadie.

SupportingPaul
12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Tancredo's endorement of Romney is a nonevent, just like his dropping out. Instead of dropping out and endorsing Paul, he attacked Paul, dropped out, and endorsed Romney. What a toadie.

That is a certainty.

dustup
12-21-2007, 01:08 PM

You were a little late Deary.....Tancredo shows his puppet strings and leaves. He served his purpose for the GOP.....I knew he was a looser when he broke his campaign promise to serve 2 terms an out in support of his "Term Limits" He lied then and he lied now! Tancredo is a traitor!