PDA

View Full Version : Changes for next money bomb

voytechs
12-19-2007, 11:06 AM
The main HQ website for the next money bomb needs to be changed. The front page needs to be a lot lighter and allow people to click over to a different more graphic rich site, for non-donation purposes.

On the day of the money bomb the site needs to be changed so that the main page on ronpaul2008.com is the donation page, with a link to a different site that has the traditional content. There were a lot of issues with the server load on the 16th, I had to submit my donation several times and many people did too. Also notice that we received another $500K the following day, probably because people couldn't get on the website on the 16th.

After the money bomb they can go back to business as usual and restore the site.

The benefit of this is, that the content rich site can reside on an entirely different physical server, while the donation server is then dedicated 100% to the creditcard forms.

Also they have to resolve the issue of the 800-RON-PAUL number. Someone from non HQ, was taking (stealing?) donations on the 800 number. I called HQ on the official 877-RON-PAUL number, and they new nothing about it. The lady on the phone called the 800 number herself and then talked to her supervisor who also knew nothing about. After that, they said they would investigate and I left at that.

That is a pretty easy mistake for people make, to use 800 number instead of 877, some invalid information was also given out on this board.