PDA

View Full Version : "There is no candidate that an atheist would vote for ... other than maybe Ron Paul,"

jstmike
12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Non-believing US voters feel demonized

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071219025640.f3ah47mv&show_article=1

At least Ron Paul is mentioned.

daniroyer
12-19-2007, 10:57 AM
My husband and I are atheists for Paul. My husband actually asked Dr. Paul specifically what he though about atheists before the Univision debate. Dr. Paul simply quoted the constitution stating "Congress shall pass no law..."

He basically said we're all Americans and we have the right to believe or not believe whatever we want. He also hinted, but didn't directly say, "Americans divide themselves into groups too much".

We were really impressed that he would take the time to answer that question on such a busy day. Had he not already been "our guy", he certainly would have been after that day.

jumpyg1258
12-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Im an agnostic for Paul

jumpyg1258
12-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I just read that article and looked at this line...

"There is no candidate that an atheist would vote for ... other than maybe Ron Paul," Shermer said, naming a Tennessee lawmaker, a long-shot Republican contender.

Ron is from Tennessee? WTF?

McDermit
12-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Im an agnostic for Paul

Same. Raised Catholic, 13 years of Catholic school, and sick of hearing about all of it.

Religious beliefs should play a very, very small part in elections, if any. It's nice to know what soemone believes, but at the same time, they're almost all hypocrites anyway. :rolleyes:

daniroyer
12-19-2007, 12:53 PM
There are few instances where it's okay to talk religion in politics.

Saying that the reason you believe a certain view is it's in line with your religious belief. Just a short mention of the "why" with most of the focus on the issue itself.

With Huck, he was a minister. I know that job is more than just reading from the bible aloud on Sunday -- it's an actual leadership position in many ways. Some churches are harder to run that a city. He can bring up what he did in the church, how he guided it through skilled leadership or whatever b.s. he wants to pull out of his ass this week.

Religion itself has no place in politics. However, if there's a point or experience issue, it's fine to give a passing mention in proper context.

erikm
12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
There are few instances where it's okay to talk religion in politics.

Saying that the reason you believe a certain view is it's in line with your religious belief. Just a short mention of the "why" with most of the focus on the issue itself.

With Huck, he was a minister. I know that job is more than just reading from the bible aloud on Sunday -- it's an actual leadership position in many ways. Some churches are harder to run that a city. He can bring up what he did in the church, how he guided it through skilled leadership or whatever b.s. he wants to pull out of his ass this week.

Religion itself has no place in politics. However, if there's a point or experience issue, it's fine to give a passing mention in proper context.

Agreed. Someone who routinely uses In the name of God . . . in a political or large-organization setting IMO shouldn't even be dogcatcher. A brief look through history should give plenty of reasons why I think that way and why I'm against large-scale organised religion (above local level) in general.

ErikM

idrake
12-19-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm an Atheist. I know Ron Paul believes in my rights as an individual. Let me burn in hell if I'm wrong, it's my problem and I accept that responsibility.

RonPaulFTFW
12-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm an athiest for RP!

heck yeah.

itsnobody
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Ron Paul supports freedom for everyone, including the intolerant athiests and intolerant theists and even the racists

InRonWeTrust
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Athiests have higher IQs on average than believers, so of course they are smart enough to support Ron.

itsnobody
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Athiests have higher IQs on average than believers, so of course they are smart enough to support Ron.

There goes another intolerant atheist, always trying to decieve and trick people into believing that atheists are smarter and superior to everyone....even though in reality atheism is 100% irrational and illogical

Why do you atheists enjoy doing this for? Why do you want to force everyone to follow your way?

DanConway
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
I've never believed in God, and told my parents so when I was seven or eight.

But I find myself completely indifferent to these arguments between the religious and the militantly atheist.

So...that is all.

Oh yeah. I'm voting (and writing letters, and donating money) for Ron Paul.

RonPaulFTFW
12-19-2007, 03:20 PM
I also have written letters and given money.

EvilEngineer
12-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Woot, Atheist here too. I've never seen this large of a group of Atheists before. Curious, usually it's like we all stick to our selves.

hellah10
12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
i am muslim for dr. paul :)

jgmaynard
12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm another atheist for Paul. So say we all! ;) :)

JM

SeanEdwards
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm an atheist for Paul.

SeanEdwards
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
There goes another intolerant atheist, always trying to decieve and trick people into believing that atheists are smarter and superior to everyone....even though in reality atheism is 100% irrational and illogical

WTF?? Irony much?

Why do you atheists enjoy doing this for? Why do you want to force everyone to follow your way?

OMG, the irony persists! Look in the mirror and think about what you are posting.

nist7
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Im an agnostic for Paul

:)

Andrew-Austin
12-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Not surprsing, RP supporters are very diverse.

I'm no atheist, but I'm deffinately not affiliated with any religion.

* negative stereotype perpetuated

TheIndependent
12-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm an atheist for Paul.

Malakai0
12-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Agnostic for Paul myself. My mother is Catholic for Paul. My good friend is Jewish for Paul.

Young_Apprentice
12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Ron Paul named his son after an atheist/Jew/Woman...

mmink15
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Atheist here for Ron Paul. I'm also responsible for removing the opening prayer at my local meetup group weekly meeting. Keep the focus on politics not religion,. I say.

itsnobody
12-19-2007, 05:42 PM
WTF?? Irony much?

OMG, the irony persists! Look in the mirror and think about what you are posting.

No there is no irony, there would be irony if I was some type of Chrisitian fundementalist who went around trying to spread Chrisitianity, but I'm not

The irony is simply that atheists do the samethings as the fundementalist Christians they hate...it's the samething with these atheists always trying to trick and decieve everyone and FORCE their way onto everyone

Mesogen
12-19-2007, 05:57 PM
What the hell is an atheist jew?

And usually it seems that atheists want to force your views out of their faces. They want to force their money out of your religious trappings, and force your church out of their government and their kids' schools.