PDA

View Full Version : Do Our OWN POLL

ronpaulforprez2008
12-19-2007, 10:21 AM
I've been reading all over the place how these polls are putting RP in low single digits, or how these polls are "dooming" the campaign. You know, we can commission our own national poll if we wanna raise about $50K. There are plenty of reputable polling firms out there who the MSM will report on.

Let's do it!

DJ RP
12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Guys, if you really think we have overwhelming support you can find out yourself. Go into the street and stop 50 people. Ask them 2 questions

Q1: "Answering HONESTLY please, are you going to vote in the republican primaries?"

Q2: "Who are you voting for?"

Tot up the totals. You'll get a fairly good idea. Make sure to try to stop a wide sample of people. It's well known that even this can be biased because smarter people know to cross the street when the see a pollster in the distance ;)

brumans
12-19-2007, 10:25 AM
There are two weeks until the caucus/primaries... we need to focus on getting the word out, nothing else.

Cleaner44
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Let the first primaries show America how wrong the polls are.

son of liberty
12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
always thought this was a great idea.

ronpaulforprez2008
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Let the first primaries show America how wrong the polls are.
I couldn't disagree more. Many people will only vote for a candidate that they "think that can win." The polls currently depict Ron as a second tier candidate who can, at best, act as the spoiler. Who wants to vote for a "spoiler?" This is precisely why the MSM positions Ron as a "spoiler" or "3rd Party Candidate," as he will loose votes 'cause people want to vote for a WINNER. A poll that shows his real support base, especially if that is much higher than what is being shown now, will add thousands of votes.

Elwar
12-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Grab your phone...go to some random number generator online...call people...ask the same questions the media asks.

Will you be voting in the primaries?

Which primary? Rep or Dem?

Of the following Rep candidates, which will you vote for:?

Repeat.

ronpaulforprez2008
12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Grab your phone...go to some random number generator online...call people...ask the same questions the media asks.

Will you be voting in the primaries?

Which primary? Rep or Dem?

Of the following Rep candidates, which will you vote for:?

Repeat.
The key here is "CREDIBLE" poll. A bunch of untrained people calling others in an unscientific manner is NOT credible. The MSM won't touch it, and it will be at best a waste of time, at worst it could backfire with complaints by people who've been called.

Birdlady
12-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I've been reading all over the place how these polls are putting RP in low single digits, or how these polls are "dooming" the campaign. You know, we can commission our own national poll if we wanna raise about $50K. There are plenty of reputable polling firms out there who the MSM will report on.

Let's do it!

I don't think they are that much money.

ronpaulforprez2008
12-19-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't think they are that much money.
I've done 'em for $175K and as little as $15K. It all depends on time available, call list, scope of report, and a bunch of other factors. But given the short time frame, and the fact that we're going to wanna reach DEM, REPS and Independents, I can't see doing this for less that $25K.