PDA

View Full Version : It just keeps coming today...

skolwulf
12-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I was sitting in the breakroom having a coffee when Jay, one of the parts purchasers, sits down with me. Here was his story.

“You’re not going to believe this. I was at Autozone getting new windshield wiper and the service guy was like, ‘hey, you want me to put these on for you?’ I was like sure. So, me and this guy were out putting wipers on my car and he’s talking about how he wants to go snowmobiling but his old lady says it’s too cold. But then – and here is the weird part – he’s like, ‘Hey man, are you into politics? Ever heard of Ron Paul, you should really check him out.’ I’ve heard you talk about him and now this guy as well, so what is he all about?”

We spent the rest of my break talking about Dr. Paul. This is amazing.

mosquitobite
12-19-2007, 10:06 AM
I was sitting in the breakroom having a coffee when Jay, one of the parts purchasers, sits down with me. Here was his story.

“You’re not going to believe this. I was at Autozone getting new windshield wiper and the service guy was like, ‘hey, you want me to put these on for you?’ I was like sure. So, me and this guy were out putting wipers on my car and he’s talking about how he wants to go snowmobiling but his old lady says it’s too cold. But then – and here is the weird part – he’s like, ‘Hey man, are you into politics? Ever heard of Ron Paul, you should really check him out.’ I’ve heard you talk about him and now this guy as well, so what is he all about?”

We spent the rest of my break talking about Dr. Paul. This is amazing.

AWESOME!!!!! :D

This is why grassroots are so important. Way to go Autozone guy!! :D

krott5333
12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Another reason why Autozone is better than Advance Auto

mcgraw_wv
12-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Your duty now is to make sure he gets to a primary voting location and that he is registered. Get him number, call him on voting day, and offer him a ride if need be.

Keep him engaged.

Many people will be intrigued by a candidate, but the inclusion into the movement will get a voter for primaries... most people have no clue about what a primary even is...

Finn
12-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Wooooooooo!

davidhperry
12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Your duty now is to make sure he gets to a primary voting location and that he is registered. Get him number, call him on voting day, and offer him a ride if need be.

Keep him engaged.

Many people will be intrigued by a candidate, but the inclusion into the movement will get a voter for primaries... most people have no clue about what a primary even is...

+1

XelR8r
12-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I love it!!!!!!

A couple of months ago I was talking about Ron Paul w/ some staff in my office. My SYSCO rep walks in and hears the end of the conversation. He tells me Ron Paul has no chance, everyone says hes a kook.
I say, "if you want to keep my business you should keep your F****** mouth shut."
:D (he knew I was just playing, sort of)

After the last debate, I see him and he immediately starts a conversation about how Dr. P kicked ass in the debate and he even had his Dad watch w/ him and now they are both donating on the 16th!!!!!

The message works. You just have to get people to pay attention for like two minutes, and they are sold.....

Falseflagop
12-19-2007, 10:42 AM
People are waking up, great story !

Hackked
12-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Perfect example of why the message is what draws people - not polls.

j0ew00ds
12-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Another reason why Autozone is better than Advance Auto

LOL!:D

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-19-2007, 11:11 AM
awesome!

skolwulf
12-19-2007, 11:11 AM

Keep him engaged.

Don't worry, I work very hard to keep people engaged while at the same time trying not to be pushy or alienate.

thumbto
12-19-2007, 11:15 AM
‘Hey man, are you into politics?'

That's my line!

Now I'm going to have to think of something more original.

mcgraw_wv
12-19-2007, 11:24 AM
‘Hey man, are you into politics?'

That's my line!

Now I'm going to have to think of something more original.

"Hey man, are you tired of Politics?"

constituent
12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
ok ok ok ok... my turn:

"hey baby, into austrian economics?"

shasshas
12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
if you can try to reach Autozone's zenior management and see if they will speak to their advertisers / radio station to ge them to pull advertising unless ron paul's gets a more even break in msm.

or even just stick a ron paul sticker on their main advertising boards.

we need to reach higher up the corporate food chain.

if we can.

manny
12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks for posting this.

Actually this is a great example of how people will come to consider a politican to be "viable" or a "front-runner" etc.

To really understand it we must accept that a great many people will only vote for a candidate if they think he's going to win. I know it's illogical but that's life.

How do they decide this? Media and polls is one way. They're against us - rigged, or somewhat skewed depending on your p.o.v. However there are alternatives - signs, door-to-door with slimjims, radio ads, local newspaper ads, word of mouth and stalls at festivals/gun shows/anti-war meets etc. These things we can do, are doing and should have faith they're working.

Ages ago I read an article online by a psychiatrist comparing how people choose things - from food to politicians. It was reckoned that the average person needed 6 separate "triggers". It became irrelevant what they were they just needed to hear the name six different times/places.

So what I'm saying is keep up hope. When you go door-to-door and the person says they are uninterested, don't feel bad because in fact you've already achieved something by just trying. When that same person sees a couple of news stories about RP, sees a sign in the street and sees a RP bumper sticker then the next time he's approached he'll be much more open to the idea that RP is a front-runner and viable. Essentially we've convinced him that he's not alone in being interested in RP's platform.

So keep pushing guys, every little bit really does help.

skolwulf
12-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Actually this is a great example of how people will come to consider a politican to be "viable" or a "front-runner" etc.

To really understand it we must accept that a great many people will only vote for a candidate if they think he's going to win. I know it's illogical but that's life.

How do they decide this? Media and polls is one way. They're against us - rigged, or somewhat skewed depending on your p.o.v. However there are alternatives - signs, door-to-door with slimjims, radio ads, local newspaper ads, word of mouth and stalls at festivals/gun shows/anti-war meets etc. These things we can do, are doing and should have faith they're working.

Ages ago I read an article online by a psychiatrist comparing how people choose things - from food to politicians. It was reckoned that the average person needed 6 separate "triggers". It became irrelevant what they were they just needed to hear the name six different times/places.

So what I'm saying is keep up hope. When you go door-to-door and the person says they are uninterested, don't feel bad because in fact you've already achieved something by just trying. When that same person sees a couple of news stories about RP, sees a sign in the street and sees a RP bumper sticker then the next time he's approached he'll be much more open to the idea that RP is a front-runner and viable. Essentially we've convinced him that he's not alone in being interested in RP's platform.

So keep pushing guys, every little bit really does help.

I agree and the more positive contacts they have with Ron Paul the more likely the message will sink in.