PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the negativity?

Derek
12-19-2007, 09:12 AM
There's seems to be a lot of negativity on the boards lately, as the divided reaction to the Glenn Beck interview showed. Now we've got threads left and right criticizing -- fairly or unfairly -- the official campaign and HQ, we've got threads complaining about the organizers of the blimp, we have threads about 9/11 truthers, we have people accusing other people of being trolls at the drop of a hat, etc.

Where did all this negativity come from? We're so close to achieving our goal that it'd be ridiculous if we started to get sidetracked now. We only have a little more than two weeks to the Iowa caucus, and it's important we do everything we possibly can up til then to help advance the freedom movement, and that includes staying focused, staying positive and staying united!

Rebel Resource
12-19-2007, 09:13 AM
I think because most people maxxed their funds on Dec 16 and now are rationing food until payday.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:16 AM
It is because it is time for me to be packing to go to NH and i prepared a month early. And goods still are not here. I donated all I am allowed so I have a right to complain when the HQ is screwed up

Johncjackson
12-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Negativity breeds negativity. I find that the people who argue/debate from the negative angle ( kinda like the Bush administration and "top tier candidates" who campaign on fear and Hate) on issues piss off and alienate people.

I'm in this for the FREEDOM movement- freedom, peace, individual prosperity,etc. Not the "anti" Hate movement.

I also think as people learn more about Ron Paul they learn he is more of a politician than they realized. This is a guy who managed to be elected to Congress 10 times with a lot of opposition. he may have a reputation as a straight shooter, but politics is a dirty business and requires anyone to do some "pandering" to some extent.

walt
12-19-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm here to win.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm here to win.

As am I, and sometimes criticisms of what is going WRONG in order to fix it is needed ;)

cero
12-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I hate it when people bring up the phrase " I donated" and then complain is BS if you ask me. complain all you want its your right, but don't try to justify it with "I donated so I can complain all I want"

user
12-19-2007, 09:32 AM
There's seems to be a lot of negativity on the boards lately, as the divided reaction to the Glenn Beck interview showed. Now we've got threads left and right criticizing -- fairly or unfairly -- the official campaign and HQ, we've got threads complaining about the organizers of the blimp, we have threads about 9/11 truthers, we have people accusing other people of being trolls at the drop of a hat, etc.

Where did all this negativity come from? We're so close to achieving our goal that it'd be ridiculous if we started to get sidetracked now. We only have a little more than two weeks to the Iowa caucus, and it's important we do everything we possibly can up til then to help advance the freedom movement, and that includes staying focused, staying positive and staying united!
I've been noticing this as well. Maybe having the Tea Party to look forward to was helping with this, but now it's over.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I hate it when people bring up the phrase " I donated" and then complain is BS if you ask me. complain all you want its your right, but don't try to justify it with "I donated so I can complain all I want"

Cero,

When I make an order of goods I can't get anywhere else and they don't deliver and do not communicate, there is room for improvement. Hiding dis-satisfaction is worse than exposing it.

hopeforamerica
12-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Cero,

When I make an order of goods I can't get anywhere else and they don't deliver and do not communicate, there is room for improvement. Hiding dis-satisfaction is worse than exposing it.

Problem is, you are complaining to people that have no power to help fix the problem. All you are doing is bringing people down. Complain to HQ, track down your order, but it's not necessary to bring it here. I'd be upset if my order took that long too, but I certainly would not moan about it on here. I would be calling HQ and trying to resolve it on that level.

Good luck, and really pack warm for NH! My husband just got back and had a very positive experience with the people there!

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Problem is, you are complaining to people that have no power to help fix the problem. All you are doing is bringing people down. Complain to HQ, track down your order, but it's not necessary to bring it here. I'd be upset if my order took that long too, but I certainly would not moan about it on here. I would be calling HQ and trying to resolve it on that level.

Good luck, and really pack warm for NH! My husband just got back and had a very positive experience with the people there!

I AM trying to reach HQ! I will complain here as well because WE GET THINGS DONE HERE.