PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck on his RADIO SHOW today on RP

orion846
12-19-2007, 08:58 AM
anyone listening? he mention anything relating to his interview or emails afterwards? way i understand it he talks about his shows quite often on his radio show. just curious.

krott5333
12-19-2007, 08:58 AM
how do i listen?

lew
12-19-2007, 08:59 AM
http://www.thebigtalker1210.com/

newmedia4ron
listen here
http://cbsplayer.streamtheworld.com/index.php?CALLSIGN=WPHTAM

Mortikhi
With your ears.

lew
I've been listening.

Not too much about Paul.

One person called in, and Beck's answer was something like "well he's great, he's the closest to the founding fathers, blah, blah, but he's not the guy to change the country, but perhaps he will cause people to bring the constitution back to the discussion"

fireworks_god
12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Were you the dude in the commercial, that you use as your avatar? :)

jaumen
12-19-2007, 09:03 AM
not a whole lot of importance... basically was just talking with a caller about how he really likes his domestic policy, but thinks he's wrong on the foreign policy (which we already knew). Said something about how Ron Paul is the best candidate on supporting the constitution, which he says is why so much of what Ron Paul says rings true.. obviously I'm not doing direct quotes here, but this is essentially what he said.... also said he doesn't think Ron Paul is the one who will get elected and make the changes, but that perhaps his campaign will get enough people thinking about those issues to I guess pave the way for someone else....

So he's not really a supporter, but I don't think anyone could call him an enemy of the campaign either.... *shrugs*

Mortikhi
12-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Were you the dude in the commercial, that you use as your avatar? :)
No, I'm just a really, really, REALLY big fan of his work :p

rightobeleftalone
12-19-2007, 09:06 AM
on the lewrockwell blog, Lew has somewhat of a different take of the glenn beck interview.

WillInMiami
12-19-2007, 09:10 AM
on the lewrockwell blog, Lew has somewhat of a different take of the glenn beck interview.

And I don't agree with Lew. I think that Glenn did the campaign a favor by giving Dr. Paul a chance to distance himself from the idiot faction of his support-base.

reduen
12-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Is Dr. Paul still going to be on his radio show also? I know that Beck offered him both..

If I were a betting man, I would bet the Beck is voting for Romney. ;)

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 09:11 AM
holy shit they are playing a segment reading of the bible on glen beck when jesus was born, wtf... this is embarrassingly bad...

TruckinMike
12-19-2007, 09:12 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017858.html

there's the link

TM

Shink
12-19-2007, 09:15 AM
And I don't agree with Lew. I think that Glenn did the campaign a favor by giving Dr. Paul a chance to distance himself from the idiot faction of his support-base.

Throwback280s
12-19-2007, 09:21 AM
holy shit they are playing a segment reading of the bible on glen beck when jesus was born, wtf... this is embarrassingly bad...

We shouldn't bash the Christmas story being told. There's a lot of Christians on this forum. Evangelicals are also crucial in getting Ron Paul to the top.

benhaskins
12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
i thought this was a political talk show.

shadowhooch
12-19-2007, 09:26 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017858.html

there's the link

TM

I completely disagree with Lew. Unaddressed rumors are things that bring candidates down. And it is a well spread rumor from MSM that Ron Paul has been associated with 9/11 truthers. Glenn Beck allowed Ron Paul to put that rumor to rest once and for all.

It wasn't an attack. It was a legitimate concern that many people were wondering. The interview was a perfect balance of offense (getting Ron's views out there) and defense (quelling incorrect rumors about Ron).

I'm disappointed that Lew sees it so biased. I thought he was a more open minded person. "Warmongering" views wrapped in Patriotism are not that uncommon here in America. Those views aren't without basis. They are just short-sighted. So I don't fault Glenn Beck for pushing them (as all other neocon personalities and presidential candidates do).

jaumen
12-19-2007, 09:27 AM

Why is the telling of the Christmas story "embarrassingly bad"? If you don't want to hear it, don't listen to it. Take your anti-Christian sentiments elsewhere.

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Why is the telling of the Christmas story "embarrassingly bad"? If you don't want to hear it, don't listen to it. Take your anti-Christian sentiments elsewhere.

no no... I said it was done very badly, there is good ways to do and bad ways to do it, on glen beck show it was done very poorly...

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
I completely disagree with Lew. Unaddressed rumors are things that bring candidates down. And it is a well spread rumor from MSM that Ron Paul has been associated with 9/11 truthers. Glenn Beck allowed Ron Paul to put that rumor to rest once and for all.

It wasn't an attack. It was a legitimate concern that many people were wondering. The interview was a perfect balance of offense (getting Ron's views out there) and defense (quelling incorrect rumors about Ron).

I'm disappointed that Lew sees it so biased. I thought he was a more open minded person. "Warmongering" views wrapped in Patriotism are not that uncommon here in America. Those views aren't without basis. They are just short-sighted. So I don't fault Glenn Beck for pushing them (as all other neocon personalities and presidential candidates do).

Agreed such going unaddressed is what took down Pat Buchanan

Driftar
12-19-2007, 09:29 AM

LOL! ME TOO! :D

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Is Dr. Paul still going to be on his radio show also? I know that Beck offered him both..

Does anybody know the answer to this?

user
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Lew is usually spot-on, but I'm not sure about his take on this either. Maybe he gets a little overprotective of RP sometimes, understandably.

benhaskins
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
doubt it

jaumen
12-19-2007, 09:34 AM
no no... I said it was done very badly, there is good ways to do and bad ways to do it, on glen beck show it was done very poorly...

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding then. I've been listening to the show today and I haven't thought it's that bad (nothing great, but *shrugs*), so since I didn't see it as that bad I assumed you meant the subject matter itself.... you are certainly entitled to your opinion that he did a very poor job of it :)

j6p
12-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Lewrockwell is 100% spot on usally. Gary north is another story

jaumen
12-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Lew is usually spot-on, but I'm not sure about his take on this either. Maybe he gets a little overprotective of RP sometimes, understandably.

Well, you know... everybody is wrong sometimes... I don't think that Ron Paul was attacked or smeared at all in any way last night... so.. *shrugs*

Gimpster
12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm not a Beck fan at all, but I thought the interview was fair.

I thought RP put a bunch of issues to bed, and his closing "I don't think I should have to answer..." was good. A polite way of saying: Look here, Jack, I'm not associated with that riff-raff.

I (like many of you) don't agree with RP on everything. That's called being a human, but I do agree with RP on much more than any other candidate.

orion846
12-19-2007, 10:16 AM
has glenn said anything else since what people on page 1 of this thread, said, he said?

i tried listening for a bit but couldn't stand it.

huchahucha
12-19-2007, 10:37 AM

I never heard of Glenn Beck OR Lew Rockwell until I started coming to this forum. Since then I've read Rockwell's blog a couple of times and seen Beck's show a couple of times. I think they are both sensationalists, but Rockwell seems more sensible than Beck most of the time. In this case Rockwell seems crazy and right all at the same time. I thought the Glenn Beck interview was unbelievably fair, which really disturbed me because Glenn Beck usually comes off as an obnoxious little shithead. Rockwell's cynical remark that Beck was just behaving because he knew he was going to have a ton of new viewers makes perfect sense to me.

jason43
12-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, you know... everybody is wrong sometimes... I don't think that Ron Paul was attacked or smeared at all in any way last night... so.. *shrugs*

Totally agree, I respect what Lew has done for the movement, but I thought this one was a little out of line on the post about Beck.

No one should be made to 'fear' us, regardless of what they think about us. We have a responsibility to promote the message, not threaten people. That shit is counter productive, especially when the guy being threatened has 2 nationally syndicated shows and actually agrees with us on a lot of issues. The others he might be able to be brought around on through rational discussion.

Derek Johnson
12-19-2007, 10:53 AM

If I were a betting man, I would bet the Beck is voting for Romney. ;)

I agree. I think Beck and many others admire RP's constitution adherence, but they disagree fundamentally and profoundly on foreign policy. This crowd will typically flock to Romney more than Huckster, Ghool, Fredhead, or McBorder....making this an easy one for Glenn:

Beck will vote for Romney, but will definately welcome the rating surge he will get from Ron's appearances.

wgadget
12-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Yes, he keeps saying how much he disagrees with him.

angrydragon
12-19-2007, 10:56 AM
I think Lew was right, though the interview seemed fair. How does Glenn know the threats came from a Ron Paul supporter? He doesn't, and if a supporter has been following Ron Paul, that person would know Ron Paul is a peaceful man who doesn't advocate violence. Glenn did call us terrorists and called for our arrests.

thumbto
12-19-2007, 11:02 AM

lmfao

rg123
12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Lew is 100% right. He did call us terrorist how can someone forget. Just because Glenn was civil doesn't mean he chose good material. If he got any real serious death threats then I am sure the FBI would have picked them up by now. To bring 9/11 into the conversation was not called for and quite simply to paint supporters as kooks. Their is a vast array of other subjects he could have discussed like healthcare, property rights, capturing OBL and his legislation to capture OBL. His legislation to remove bithright citizenship. The Fisa laws, Gitmo and torture, the destroyed cia tapes. The recently passed EO Orders calling for anyone who protest the war a domestic terrorist subject to removal of all there finance's and property and be placed in a jail with no trial. Glenn is a wolf in sheeps clothing and its all about ratings

jumpyg1258
12-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Rockwell's cynical remark that Beck was just behaving because he knew he was going to have a ton of new viewers makes perfect sense to me.

Don't worry too much, all those new viewers will be quickly turned off by him the next time they see him open his mouth.

Midnight77
12-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Lew is 100% right. He did call us terrorist how can someone forget. Just because Glenn was civil doesn't mean he chose good material. If he got any real serious death threats then I am sure the FBI would have picked them up by now. To bring 9/11 into the conversation was not called for and quite simply to paint supporters as kooks. Their is a vast array of other subjects he could have discussed like healthcare, property rights, capturing OBL and his legislation to capture OBL. His legislation to remove bithright citizenship. The Fisa laws, Gitmo and torture, the destroyed cia tapes. The recently passed EO Orders calling for anyone who protest the war a domestic terrorist subject to removal of all there finance's and property and be placed in a jail with no trial. Glenn is a wolf in sheeps clothing and its all about ratings

Well, it's called playing the game.

You need to keep in mind that Ron Paul supporters attacked Glenn's advertisers, so you can expect there to be some animosity. If supporters want to keep feeding Beck ammo by acting immature, threatening his family, bringing up 9/11 conspiracy theories ... then what do you expect?

Don't give him the ammo, and he won't have anything to bring up.

familydog
12-19-2007, 11:24 AM

If you think it's a good thing for Ron Paul not to dispell myths about him and 9/11 then that's your right to think that. I on the other hand feel it was a good thing to air that stuff out. A lot of Beck's audience have this perception of Paul that is incorrect. That he is a truther, crazy, etc. Why Beck did this is to help get rid of the notion, because Beck does not believe Ron Paul is a conspiracy nut so he helped Paul out. His audience is not your typical politically apathetic grandmother or something. His audience are the exact type of people we HAVE to have to win this primary. All these independents and recent dem converts are great and I'm appreciate of that. But like it or not, we need the republican base to win the...republican primary!

On a side note, Beck did say last week that if he had a gun to his head and had to choose who to vote for, it would be Romney, even though he wouldn't be happy about that. There IS room for persuading Beck.

fortilite
12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
I was pleased with every single minute of the interview.

j6p
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
The interview was semi-fair, but glen beck is no libertian

user
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
I was pleased with every single minute of the interview.
even the french kissing?

Mani
12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
even the french kissing?

It was meant to be funny, that's some Glenn Beck humor. I laughed.

Geronimo
12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Someone called in at the very end of Beck's radio show today and thanked him for the balanced interview. Beck said he was sorry for never getting around to asking him about getting rid of the FBI etc, but said he'd ask him the next time he's on.

user
12-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Someone called in at the very end of Beck's radio show today and thanked him for the balanced interview. Beck said he was sorry for never getting around to asking him about getting rid of the FBI etc, but said he'd ask him the next time he's on.
Interesting

me3
12-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Dr. Paul should only go on in 1 Hour increments.

And I respect Lew Rockwell, but sometimes he gets caught up in the ideological battle so intensely, that it undermines the progress of the movement.

Critics? Deal with it. It's just starting.

Joe3113
12-19-2007, 07:38 PM

We need to get your avatar guy on the forums!!! :p

Pete
12-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I sent Beck an e-mail congratulating him for a great interview.

speciallyblend
12-19-2007, 09:28 PM
beck= mute button ahhh bye bye beck

robatsu
12-19-2007, 09:41 PM
I think that the Beck interview was fair, even the truther stuff. You see this conspiracy stuff coming up on meetups and stuff - usually the work of one or two hard-working theorists/spam artists who think RP is secretly on their side and want to alert the world, but it is there nonetheless, although a lot less than there used to be. I'm hoping that the few that remain are finally convinced how damaging parasitically attaching their agenda to the RP campaign is and that RP strenuously denounces their theories.