PDA

View Full Version : A warning to homeschoolers about Mike Huckabee.

RonPaulFTFW
12-19-2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/whitinger1.html

If I may add to Georgia Clifton's Open Letter to Home Schooling Parents on Behalf of Ron Paul:

When the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA), an organization of which I am a lifetime member, announced this past summer that they were endorsing Mike Huckabee's candidacy for President, I had barely heard of Mike Huckabee and decided to do some research and learn about this candidate. As Christians, it is our duty to judge not according to appearance (or words), but to judge righteous judgment. When making weighty decisions such as who will become our next leader, we need to evaluate our choices carefully. My desire is to lay out the facts that I found concerning Mike Huckabee and ask that you receive them with an open spirit of discernment. I will conclude by presenting you with a powerful alternative that you should prayerfully consider.

Mike S.
12-19-2007, 08:41 AM
See See http://www.hslda.org/courtreport/v15n3/V15N3AR.asp?PrinterFriendly=True
Huckabee made it more difficult for homeschoolers.

Ethek
12-19-2007, 08:59 AM
I think a lot of Homneschooling groups, being religious in orientation have been swooned by Huckabee. To me it does look like Huckabee has done more to induce the state into the home and into the homeschooling process with his actions.

The home schooling group my wife belongs to is non political still they are allowing posts on Dr. Paul to slide quite obviously because I think they can see that he is truly for keeping state interference out of homeschooling.

Crickett
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Great article!! Grammatically correct, too! LOL.
Huck lied to my face, once, and he truly does not have a great love of God, following an honest and humble lifestyle. Ask Arkansans who have talked to him. Like me.

torchbearer
12-19-2007, 10:19 AM
I sent it to the person that runs this website: http://www.homeschooldailyreport.com/

I know her, she is a ron paul supporter and will probably put this info up.

torchbearer
12-19-2007, 02:37 PM
//

VoluntaryMan
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Just because the HSLDA and some other homeschool groups's leadership is supporting Hackeebu, people should NOT assume that ALL, or even MOST, homeschooling families do so. People who choose homeschooling for purely religious reasons are a very small minority of homeschoolers, even among the most religiously devout. If a religious education were the primary motivator, there are plenty of good, inexpensive religious schools to which we could send our children. The decision to homeschool one's children is a difficult one; it is going against the grain. Homeschooling can expose a family to a tremendous amount of social and legal opposition, opposition which Hackeebu has helped to facilitate, to some degree, in his home state of Arkansas. Homeschoolers are, more often than not, anti-establishment, rugged individualists, and anti-authoritarian types -- even among the most religiously devout. Homeshooling Christians are more likely to be I Samuel 8:7-18 Christians than the Romans 13 types. Furthermore, homeschoolers prefer to do their own research, and, with the possible exception of the spineless Romans 13 variety (which I'm convinced is an ever shrinking minority), will quickly discover that Hackeebu is a fraud -- if they were ever taken in by him to begin with.

torchbearer
12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't know any homeschooler that support huckabee in louisiana, but all the homeschoolers I know are libertarian.