PDA

View Full Version : HQ is really ticking me off

steph3n
12-19-2007, 08:31 AM
I ordered from the HQ store ONE MONTH AGO now for some RP winter goods as they came online.
I do NOT have any other RP clothing and wanted to buy.
It has not been ONE DAY short of a month and I am ticked. HQ has send me an oder confirmation and that is it. i have send 3 emails and spoken to the store manager on the phone. I still don't have my order. I am leaving this weekend and will not be able to have any RP clothing when I am in NH working to get him elected.
I am going to give another call today and hope to get it worked out my my hope are LOW.
I am very disappointed that HQ can't get their boots pulled up to start the march. It is no wonder we have so few media appearances and media support.

in addition to this they are missing deadlines set to the media for other items.
HQ WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcgraw_wv
12-19-2007, 08:35 AM
And 40,000 other people too... thats a tough order to fill...

I'm hearing a lot of whining lately... people are forgetting the message and the mission, relax, you'll get it, the movement isn't about any one indivdual, just take everything in stride, and keep fighting for the message.

There is a lot of whining, and complaining lately, and its destructive to the cause.

You'll get it, im still watiing for my wrist band, but im not gonna complain and take the campaigns time away from getting votes to get me my wristband.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 08:38 AM
And 40,000 other people too... thats a tough order to fill...

I'm hearing a lot of whining lately... people are forgetting the message and the mission, relax, you'll get it, the movement isn't about any one indivdual, just take everything in stride, and keep fighting for the message.

There is a lot of whining, and complaining lately, and its destructive to the cause.

You'll get it, im still watiing for my wrist band, but im not gonna complain and take the campaigns time away from getting votes to get me my wristband.

mcgraw,

I AM NOT WHINING!
i have waited a MONTH with NO VALID INFO. That is not acceptable.
I am putting my foot down and making HQ get to work. Period. I know there are 700 orders a day, they need to be executed in a timely manner and if backorders they need to send mails as such. there are automated programs for this, we have the money for it, SPEND IT.

FrankRep
12-19-2007, 08:40 AM
mcgraw,

I AM NOT WHINING!
I am putting my foot down and making HQ get to work. Period. I know there are 700 orders a day, they need to be executed in a timely manner and if backorders they need to send mails as such. there are automated programs for this, we have the money for it, SPEND IT.

They need to hire more people. They're not just sleeping you know.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:42 AM
I ordered from the HQ store ONE MONTH AGO now for some RP winter goods as they came online.
It has not been ONE DAY short of a month and I am ticked. HQ has send me an oder confirmation and that is it. i have send 3 emails and spoken to the store manager on the phone. I still don't have my order. I am leaving this weekend and will not be able to have any RP clothing when I am in NH working to get him elected.
I am going to give another call today and hope to get it worked out my my hope are LOW.
I am very disappointed that HQ can't get their boots pulled up to start the march. It is no wonder we have so few media appearances and media support.

in addition to this they are missing deadlines set to the media for other items.
HQ WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair call.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Please don't hold this against our main man.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Look everyone, the HQ Store is run like a business.

Businesses DO NOT run on libertarian principles. Someone needs to get an authoritarian dictator in their to get people working and get a system in place WITHIN THE STORE.
I wish everyone knew what to do at all times, but that is unrealistic and not a working solution. Someone with a strong hands needs to step in and step up to the plate to hit some homeruns for this campaign.

I understand the whole PERSONAL freedom aspect of the campaign but when you are a hired employee you are not free to do as you wish, and you sometimes need training and direction on what to do best.

mcgraw_wv
12-19-2007, 08:45 AM
mcgraw,

I AM NOT WHINING!

Well I wasn't saying you were whining, just that ther eis alot lately... I just want to reienforce that there is somethign more important than us getting our gear. just remember that... and they are working as hard as possible to make everythign happen while not wasting money by hiring a bunch of peopel they may not need in a month...

Just don't blame the campaign, and the man...

steph3n
12-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Please don't hold this against our main man.

I am not, but I hold it against the campaign staff to get in line properly. Ron can micromanage the campaign but his campaign manager should be stepping it up to get organized YESTERDAY if Lew or Kent are not capable of handling the organization they need to step aside or delegate. There are capable people that can handle this matter.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Just don't blame the campaign, and the man...

workforce commissions, temp agencies.....all kinds of people capable of working only a month, even a number of supporters would work for low pay and get the job done.

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 08:50 AM
there are plenty of other online sites that also sell RP goods I woudl suggest buying from them even if the money does not go to HQ...

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:51 AM
It's low budget man.

Next time purchase through reputable dealers.

allyinoh
12-19-2007, 08:53 AM
mcgraw,

I AM NOT WHINING!

When you first ordered the items, how long did they give you for delivery time?

If they gave you an expected date of delivery and it's well passed then I agree you have every right to be upset, but however, if they didn't give you an expected date of delivery, you can't really complain because with that they are basically saying you will get it when you get it.

(I work for one of the country's biggest credit card companies specializing in Disputes, I know.)

steph3n
12-19-2007, 08:54 AM
there are plenty of other online sites that also sell RP goods I woudl suggest buying from them even if the money does not go to HQ...

well if they hadn't told me last week that it would be here, maybe I'd have had time to go this route.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM
When you first ordered the items, how long did they give you for delivery time?

If they gave you an expected date of delivery and it's well passed then I agree you have every right to be upset, but however, if they didn't give you an expected date of delivery, you can't really complain because with that they are basically saying you will get it when you get it.

(I work for one of the country's biggest credit card companies specializing in Disputes, I know.)
It said wait a week for shipping and that it will be here in 7-10 days total. It was ordered Nov 20!

Don't get my wrong I am more than willing to just give the $115 to the campaign but i was needing some winter clothing too

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM
You are basically making a contribution. delivery of goods is a bonus.

Keep your smile though, cause I reckon those "official" campaign signs will be worth "big bickies" in the future!

steph3n
12-19-2007, 08:58 AM

Keep your smile though, cause I reckon those "official" campaign signs will be worth "big bickies" in the future!

yes but I have given enough outside the $115 winter fleece and polo shirt(a few slimjims) that I ordered to HIRE a couple temp workers to get the job done.

I am dedicated to this, i have maxed out, I am going to NH for two weeks for OLFD, I am just disappointed.

Libertarian principles can't work if people in the campaign aren't going to step up and put this on their back and get it WORKING.

walt
12-19-2007, 08:59 AM
uhm, these are exponential lost marketing opportunities. if people receive it, they'll use it.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:01 AM
uhm, these are exponential lost marketing opportunities. if people receive it, they'll use it.

yep very true. I plan on wearing it proudly but precious time is slipping by. As soon as I am done in NH i plan to go to Florida where I can also wear the gear.

rfbz
12-19-2007, 09:06 AM
I don't understand how incompetence in running the business side of the campaign is some how in line with libertarianism like a few of you have suggested. They just need a few extra staff members making sure product goes out in a timely manner.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't understand how incompetence in running the business side of the campaign is some how in line with libertarianism like a few of you have suggested. They just need a few extra staff members making sure product goes out in a timely manner.

It is because they are not COMMUNICATING. They can have automated means to make this happen but........are they?

koob
12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
I ordered some limited edition buttons and they took about a month to arrive. just chill. they're swamped.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Look everyone, the HQ Store is run like a business.

Businesses DO NOT run on libertarian principles. Someone needs to get an authoritarian dictator in their to get people working and get a system in place WITHIN THE STORE.
I wish everyone knew what to do at all times, but that is unrealistic and not a working solution. Someone with a strong hands needs to step in and step up to the plate to hit some homeruns for this campaign.

I understand the whole PERSONAL freedom aspect of the campaign but when you are a hired employee you are not free to do as you wish, and you sometimes need training and direction on what to do best.

qft

werdd
12-19-2007, 09:29 AM
they are also backordered on alot of stuff now too..

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I ordered some limited edition buttons and they took about a month to arrive. just chill. they're swamped.

Sorry but you don't get it, a month is not acceptable. I ordered the night that the winter gear came online and it is STILL not shipped. We have deadlines, we have primaries. HQ must step up!

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:31 AM

They need an automated system to email out such updates then, we have the money to spend 10-15k on a good software, no excuse not to do this now.

mortepa
12-19-2007, 09:35 AM
It took at least 3 weeks for signs to arrive here in Wisconsin. My second order is currently at 3 weeks today.

The store needs to be held accountable. This is a COMMERCIAL operation. The store is making big bucks, but the campaign is not (from what I've heard).

They are taking WAY too long to ship out their items. If this were a volunteer operation or the campaign were making a lot on selling these items, I might feel different. So the RP folks in charge need to give them a kick in the rear!!!

scottincr
12-19-2007, 09:37 AM
www.ronpaulstuff.com prices are 50% less and your items will be shipped the same day ordered.

9 different shirt designs
4 different sweatshirt designs

steph3n
12-19-2007, 09:40 AM
www.ronpaulstuff.com prices are 50% less and your items will be shipped the same day ordered.

9 different shirt designs
4 different sweatshirt designs

thanks for the link it will be useful for some but not a Polo that I can wear to work in FL or a fleece in NH :(

That is the reason I went to HQ for this order.

Seth M.
12-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Ask not what HQ can do for you; ask what can you do for HQ. You have a lot of disdain for HQ lately. Whats up man? The campaign is doing their best.. they aren't blowing anything and in the end you will get your stuff.. I understand your impatience with the store... but lets be frank, the store is not HQ. I have no problems getting slimjims.. so I would assume your problem is not the store really... more like supply and demand.

What can the grassroots forum do about that problem? - nothing
Sorry for your troubles but bringing your personal problems here is counter-productive to the grassroots. I hope you get your order soon. Good luck.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Ask not what HQ can do for you; ask what can you do for HQ. You have a lot of disdain for HQ lately. Whats up man? The campaign is doing their best.. they aren't blowing anything and in the end you will get your stuff.. I understand your impatience with the store... but lets be frank, the store is not HQ. I have no problems getting slimjims.. so I would assume your problem is not the store really... more like supply and demand.

What can the grassroots forum do about that problem? - nothing
Sorry for your troubles but bringing your personal problems here is counter-productive to the grassroots. I hope you get your order soon. Good luck.

No bringing it up is NOT counter productive. The grassroots can step up and offer winter gear if we know the need.

My need is rapidly passing and my funds dwindling but I will go to the store and buy winter clothes. i live in TX i don't prepare for NH cold down here. only the HQ has the goods and is not coming through.

mortepa
12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
No bringing it up is NOT counter productive. The grassroots can step up and offer winter gear if we know the need.

My need is rapidly passing and my funds dwindling but I will go to the store and buy winter clothes. i live in TX i don't prepare for NH cold down here. only the HQ has the goods and is not coming through.

I agree, it is good to have alternatives to the RP Store. I was about to order from Ebay awhile back. I like the ronpaulstuff site even more.

Basically, if the store is not quicker, they will lose business. Their loss. It is a free market. I suppose it would be right to donate some cash to RP since buying from ronpaulstuff.com would not donate anything off the sale...

firebirdnation
12-19-2007, 10:17 AM

I agree, I ordered a while back and still haven't recieved my order either and time is of the essence. I need more slimjims, stickers, etc so i can hit the streets and spread the message, but I am still waiting for these products to arrive. The store needs to do whatever possible to get the stuff out to Paul supporters. Time is running out.

xtravar
12-19-2007, 10:32 AM
This is hurting the campaign. The shortage of slimjims especially. I was planning on bringing some to the ol' Christmas gathering.

The reason I ordered from the campaign and not somewhere else is that I knew the proceeds would go to a good place.

It's a catch-22.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 10:35 AM
This is hurting the campaign. The shortage of slimjims especially. I was planning on bringing some to the ol' Christmas gathering.

The reason I ordered from the campaign and not somewhere else is that I knew the proceeds would go to a good place.

It's a catch-22.

You can download and print the slimjims if you have a printer. It is a little start anyway.

Had i known it would take over a MONTH to get my fleece and polo shirts I would have gone to a local shop and given them the logo to stitch and ordered the minimum order of $25 each and done a chipin to cover costs/sold them at cost + shipping cost myself.

But I trusted them to get it to me and it is too late!

McDermit
12-19-2007, 10:39 AM
We had a 2-3 week wait on our order that included signs and winterwear. *shrug* We try to order before we get too low on supplies, so thus far, it hasn't been an issue.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 10:40 AM
We had a 2-3 week wait on our order that included signs and winterwear. *shrug* We try to order before we get too low on supplies, so thus far, it hasn't been an issue.

I thought a month was in plenty of time. sorry i was wrong. Next time I will order and never expect shipment it is too much to ask. (btw this isn't an attack on you, I understand you have gotten in 2-3 weeks, I haven't)

Mr. White
12-19-2007, 11:01 AM
mcgraw,

I AM NOT WHINING!

Your posting an irrate (admittedly valid) complaint on a forum where none of us can do anything for you. You're whining.

McDermit
12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
So who have you emailed? just the store@rp08 address?

angrydragon
12-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Get something from www.cafepress.com?

James R
12-19-2007, 11:18 AM

HQ WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steph3n, you may view this as a sign of incompetence. It is not, or at least mostly not. The growth the campaign is experiencing is absolutely huge. Companies like Ebay grew much slower than the campaign and were just as "incompetent" during their growth. Its just growing pains, that is all.

Birdlady
12-19-2007, 11:37 AM
This is a good example where free market works best. I ordered bumper stickers from someone on ebay and had them in 4 days. They were so much cheaper than the campaigns too.

I know I would be pissed off too. Can you perhaps just cancel the order and get your money back? I think at this point it would be the best way to go.

Then order stuff from another person once you get in NH and have them mail it to your new address.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 11:41 AM
steph3n, you may view this as a sign of incompetence. It is not, or at least mostly not. The growth the campaign is experiencing is absolutely huge. Companies like Ebay grew much slower than the campaign and were just as "incompetent" during their growth. Its just growing pains, that is all.

James, Steph3n is right, IMO. If the store was setup correctly and the proper arrangements made with the suppliers/printers, 99% of what is done would be automated. It would take very little human intervention on the part of the campaign.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 11:45 AM

Well, that's when you need to get additional suppliers. Clearly the one they have cannot meet the demand.

Mark
12-19-2007, 11:48 AM

HQ WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the same boat, and it's quite disappointing that the store has dropped the ball in this respect. It won't do any good to receive campaign materials after the primary.

Someone needs to ramp up operations and NOW.

I'm ready to offer to become involved in opening up a new distribution location just to get orders out. Something needs to be done.

slantedview
12-19-2007, 11:48 AM
that's nice, but what do you want us to do about it?

angrydragon
12-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey steph, there's a good chance you'll me Dr. Paul, maybe you can tell him what's going on.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey steph, there's a good chance you'll me Dr. Paul, maybe you can tell him what's going on.

i have already met him twice, and I know I will see more than once in NH but he can't micromanage it all. He needs someone below him to step it up!

gb13
12-19-2007, 11:54 AM

HQ WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a campaign headquarters in Concord, NH. You should go to the HQ with your receipt and inform them that your order never came. Tell them you came to NH from TX to campaign for RP, and you really want some RP clothing to wear while you do it.

If they have similar stuff to what you ordered in stock there, they will probably be willing to accommodate.

davidhperry
12-19-2007, 11:57 AM
i have already met him twice, and I know I will see more than once in NH but he can't micromanage it all. He needs someone below him to step it up!

If you feel this strongly about it, would you be willing to volunteer to pack and ship boxes for the online store instead of going to NH? I'm sure they could use the help.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 11:58 AM
If you feel this strongly about it, would you be willing to volunteer to pack and ship boxes for the online store instead of going to NH? I'm sure they could use the help.

i would love to but i already purchased tickets for my sister from Manchester back to TX so she can be back in time for college classes

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 11:58 AM

You are mistaken, if you think they warehouse all the stuff they sell off the online store.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Steph3n,

I sincerely doubt that fleece jacket is going to be warm enough anyway. Go buy something with down in it.

Please understand that I am not excusing the fact that you haven't received your stuff from the campaign store.

AuH2O
12-19-2007, 12:20 PM
You are mistaken, if you think they warehouse all the stuff they sell off the online store.

Actually, there is a warehouse in Texas from which they ship the merchandise.

RonPaul2012grassroots
12-20-2007, 05:10 AM

NO money whatsoever goes to the campaign fund when stickers, signs, buttons (limited edition buttons excepted), magnets, mouse pads (?!), or key rings(?!) are purchased through the 'official' store. The only items which sales result in revenue going to the campaign fund are the items of clothing and the limited edition buttons. ALL the other items are being "sold at cost" - this is per Neal Moore.

All the while, your purchases at the 'official' store go against your contribution limits while not benefiting the campaign fund.

NO ONE has lower prices on stickers, buttons, signs, magnets, etc. than we do - period.

Compare our prices with the 'official' supplier and draw your own conclusions. And if you want to stretch your money as far as possible while getting timely delivery, then we can help you with that.

We generally have next day shipping on all items. The bumper sticker situation had been ebbing and flowing, but we're back on track now.

RonPaul2012grassroots
12-20-2007, 05:13 AM

That is a popular misconception. The only purchases at the 'official' materials store which result in money going to the campaign fund are on the sale of clothing items and the limited edition buttons. All else is being sold "at cost" according to Neal Moore.

Joseph Story
12-21-2007, 08:24 AM

Bad analogy. Ebay met its customer's demands and was not just as incompetent. Ebay is filled with professionals who had experience in retail and it met the needs of its customers.

Rob
12-21-2007, 08:29 AM

HQ WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all honesty they weren't prepared for this groundswell of support they're getting, but they're working rapidly and even hiring new people to correct that.

If it makes you feel any better they're been messing up the official distribution in Michigan, so even those of us who are officially part of the campaign aren't getting the right supplies. Try contacting them and explaining the situation.

LibertyEagle
12-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Actually, there is a warehouse in Texas from which they ship the merchandise.

That is where their primary printer is located. It is the printer who is getting rich. Not the campaign.