PDA

View Full Version : HEY BLIMP PEOPLE - YOU WANT MONEY? ISSUE a FORMAL APOLOGY FIRST

ronpaulfan
12-19-2007, 08:14 AM
I made this video for them on Dec 3rd http://img.youtube.com/vi/41S_kjin4pg/default.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41S_kjin4pg) which generated over 20,000 views.

Since then, the blimp team has

Missed it's launch date
Increased the amount of $ needed by $100,000.00
Launched halfassed with one banner
Didn't make it to Boston
Finally got 2nd banner after a week and a half

If you want to blame everything on the weather and accept no personal responsibility for the bungling and low communication, then you won't get another cent from me.

I hope to God the blimp team doesn't think they're too high-and-mighty to apologize. Low communication and dishonesty are the two easiest things to confuse.

twdahm
12-19-2007, 08:16 AM
woot woot

rockwell
Accept.

james1844
Yes, I think the blimp people are doing a good job under difficult conditions.

ronpaulfan
12-19-2007, 08:17 AM
I dont think they need to apologize they did get it in the air, imagine how hard it is to get a blimp! :)

bullshit.

If they eat some humble pie and f***ing aplogize to the people who feel they were ripped off, this project would still have a chance

walt
12-19-2007, 08:17 AM
I made this video for them on Dec 3rd http://img.youtube.com/vi/41S_kjin4pg/default.jpg which generated over 20,000 views.

Since then, the blimp team has

Missed it's launch date
Increased the amount of $ needed by $100,000.00
Launched halfassed with one banner
Didn't make it to Boston
Finally got 2nd banner after a week and a half

If you want to blame everything on the weather and except no personal responsibility for the bungling and low communication, then you won't get another cent from me.

I hope to God the blimp team doesn't think they're too high-and-mighty to apologize. Low communication and dishonesty are the two easiest things to confuse.

I think it was plus $200,000 actually

Sean
12-19-2007, 08:19 AM
I guess you could have done better. I think you should apologize to us for not giving us your leadership on this blimp. If you knew how to get a banner done quicker and installed on time why didn't you offer to help?

burningfur
12-19-2007, 08:20 AM
I have to say, from what I know of the circumstances, everything that could've gone wrong, did.

In that scenario they did a good job.

Sean
12-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Another thing why didn't you pilot that blimp through a blizzard for them? Obviously they didn't know what they are doing thinking a blizzard would be dangerous for a blimp. You could have gotten it to Boston for the 16th easily.

newmedia4ron
12-19-2007, 08:23 AM
MODS:Please move this thread to the blimp forum

burningfur
12-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Another thing why didn't you pilot that blimp through a blizzard for them? Obviously they didn't know what they are doing thinking a blizzard would be dangerous for a blimp. You could have gotten it to Boston for the 16th easily.

+1

walt
12-19-2007, 08:24 AM
MODS:Please move this thread to the blimp forum

no, move the other crap thread.

burningfur
12-19-2007, 08:26 AM
no, move the other crap thread.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed today?

dshields
12-19-2007, 08:29 AM
"Those who say it cannot be done.... should not interrupt the person doing it! --- Chinese Proverb

So in that spirit "Ronpaulfan" I think we can do WITHOUT your support since it comes with strings to massage your ego.

Dave

enjerth
12-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Rated this thread as terrible.

You may be upset. But I think you're overreacting.

Even if they did raise how much was needed by $100,000, if it's for the cause, you shouldn't be whining. Missing the launch date was due in part by bad weather (launch had to be made in winds under something like 10 mph) and how LATE the money came in. One banner? You'd prefer if the launch was even LATER? Didn't make it to Boston for the tea party? Oh, that would be an effect of having a late launch.

Keep your money. And keep your whiny complaints to yourself. It doesn't look like too many people agree with you.

Hey blimp people, you're doing fine. Thanks for your work.

webaform
12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Hi blimp team!

Of the things listed the only thing you had control over was the launching half-bannered. I agreed with that decision, and I have purchased advertising time. There was no way to make everyone happy on that decision.

The amounts needed to keep the operation going were always perfectly clear to me. I should be able to purchase more advertising time before the deadline.

I'm not sure on the decision about issuing a formal apology. A formal apology will have absolutely no weight on my decision to purchase advertising time. We might get some more advertising dollars though, but I'm not sure of the downside.

In the past month I've issued about 4 to 5 apologies for things I had completely no control over. Humans are funny.

unklejman
12-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed today?

Srsly, the last 12 posts you've made are all negative.

ronpaulfan
12-19-2007, 08:36 AM
A formal apology will have absolutely no weight on my decision to purchase advertising time. We might get some more advertising dollars though, but I'm not sure of the downside.

In the past month I've issued about 4 to 5 apologies for things I had completely no control over. Humans are funny.

+1

That was the main point behind posting this thread. I still want to see the blimp succeed.

walt
12-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Srsly, the last 12 posts you've made are all negative.

You people live here with your head in the happy sand.

Do you want to win or continue to not execute? Sometimes I wonder.

BeFranklin
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
They haven't been forthcoming with the facts, and yes low communication is easily confused with dishonesty. Regardless, I don't put money there either.

As much as I can gather, all publicity that can be gathered from simply lauching has been gotten, and no media will be gathered from flying over cornfields in South Carolina, or not flying over no-fly zones, which was one of the purposes of the blimp, to challenge laws and make noise. As near as I can tell, they aren't even doing anything for Christmas.

The blimp can't go viral or work without grassroots. All our plans relied on that, so since it isn't responsive to grassroots, I'm gone. They don't even have a media packet for crying out loud.

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I guess you could have done better. I think you should apologize to us for not giving us your leadership on this blimp. If you knew how to get a banner done quicker and installed on time why didn't you offer to help?

heh. Good one..

Randy

fireworks_god
12-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Meh, as far as I'm concerned, this was a very quick project, based upon a very whimsical idea. How often do any of us work on launching a blimp? :confused:

Cut these people some slack. They are working in the best interest of the campaign. There certainly was enough resistance to the blimp taking off, its no suprise that some of us are going to take the opportunity to reach for the jugular. :eek:

Do it for Ron Paul, dudes! I think the original poster should offer a formal apology to him for seeking to cripple the blimp. :mad:

spivey378
12-19-2007, 08:52 AM
they did a poor job on alerting the media too

McDermit
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Yo, they had people who have rented blimps and planes as middle men for large companies contact them and offer to work on the project full time and for free.

They got the resume of at least one person who owns a multimillion media/marketing/adv company that does nothing but run ads and commercials, pull off PR stunts, contract billboards (land, sky, and sea) and run interference with the media. And they got a resume from that company owner's right hand man as well.

They didn't even reply to the email.

They didn't want help.

fireworks_god
12-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Hhhm... now that is fucked up....

Any chance that a corporation could sponsor the blimp and help pick up the tab? :)

bobbysheldon
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Hhhm... now that is fucked up....

Any chance that a corporation could sponsor the blimp and help pick up the tab? :)

Or even better...since the company is a privately held advertising corporation...the Ron Paul PCC could buy time to advertise on the blimp the same way they buy time with tv commercials or other ads. They could just flop down some bones and stop the arguing and make everyone happy.

Mithridates
12-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Didn't make it to Boston

Dude, did you see the weather in Boston on that day? The blimp wouldn't even have been visible.

http://www.dailypaul.com/files/images/boston-tea-1.jpg

kaleidoscope eyes
12-19-2007, 09:23 AM
*sigh* not again

BeFranklin
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Yo, they had people who have rented blimps and planes as middle men for large companies contact them and offer to work on the project full time and for free.

They got the resume of at least one person who owns a multimillion media/marketing/adv company that does nothing but run ads and commercials, pull off PR stunts, contract billboards (land, sky, and sea) and run interference with the media. And they got a resume from that company owner's right hand man as well.

They didn't even reply to the email.

They didn't want help.

Hey, that is what I've heard a lot on this forum.

Why don't we go all out, and do another blimp project on the west coast for the superbowl? We won't go half-ass on this one, and use all the lessons learned here, and the people we could have in this project. Should be supper!!!!! :)

constituent
12-19-2007, 09:58 AM

Why don't we go all out, and do another blimp project on the west coast for the superbowl? We won't go half-ass on this one, and use all the lessons learned here, and the people we could have in this project. Should be supper!!!!! :)

i'm w/ you. i can write press releases. all i would have time for right now.... i can also run interference on the PR front too.... just gotta ask.

lemme know.

same goes for this project if they can get it together (but if everyone ain't workin' for free, i ain't either.)

user
12-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Even RP mentioned Boston may not have been realistic, but do we really want to air our dirty laundry for everyone to notice?

McDermit
12-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Even RP mentioned Boston may not have been realistic, but do we really want to air our dirty laundry for everyone to notice?

All of it is already posted here anyways.

And it doesn't really reflect poorly on RP or on us, AFAIC. It's plain as day that the whole project - be it a success or a flop - is Trevor's creation and responsibility. It's NOT a true grassroots project.

GeorgiaRPFan
12-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Not this crap again. :rolleyes:

McDermit
12-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Personally, I'm kind of "over" the blimp mania. Even the launch of this one, regardless of how half-assed, didn't garner *that much* attention. It was kind of "oh, look what the razies are doing now. that's neat. NEXT." Very anti-climatic. To me, it doesn't seem to be worth the money or effort to do another blimp. Put the money into HQ, raise 300k for our own radio/tv ads, roll out a huge automated calling program. The blimp has been done. Time to refocus on the important stuff.

ronpaulfan
12-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Trevor needs to spam an apology to the TeaParty subscribers which goes like this:

I'm sorry we haven't done better, the weather made it difficult but we will try harder next time.

Please help us keep it in the air and here is what is going on: blah blah blah.

Please look at this GPS map (map url here) to see where the blimp is and contact your local meetups to let them know.