PDA

View Full Version : Blimp Going Down in Flames!!!

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 07:08 AM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

In two days, the mighty Ron Paul Blimp will be no more. The pictures we've seen on all the major media will be replaced with pictures of the Hindenburg, as the MSM gets to poke fun as a major fundraising tool goes down in flames, and our reputation as the team that can do ANYTHING takes a major hit!

The Blimp team was asked not to take salaries until the first month was paid for; they agreed. They were asked to be transparent with the funding; they agreed. No matter what requirement was thrown at them by forum members, they found ways to make most people happy. Now we can watch as they travel across the country and spread the good word of Dr. Paul.

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/MapFull.php

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/livevideofeed.php

The Blimp is now outfitted with both banners, and she looks Amazing, as Wolf has said! See the video of the second banner being fitted at http://www.ronpaulblimp.com

Folks, this is absolutely the most amazing thing that has ever happened in the world of politics. Think about it; we have ALL the records AND a BLIMP!

Please step up TODAY and help keep the Ron Paul Blimp flying, at least through the New Hampshire primaries. $150,000 is a small sum for people who have raised $18,000,000 for Ron Paul's message this quarter alone.

ValidusCustodiae
12-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Keep her airborne! You wanna talk about bang for your buck? Let the ship sail!

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 07:11 AM
bump donate!

xexkxex
12-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Pull Up!!! Pull Up!!!

This bitch ain't going down with out a fight dammit!!! :mad:

burningfur
12-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Pull Up!!! Pull Up!!!

This bitch ain't going down with out a fight dammit!!! :mad:

The blimp has given us tons of media time. We NEED it for NH. I can't wait to see Rudy's face when that thing casts a shadow while he's stumping. :D:D:D

BUMP THIS THREAD UP!!!

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 07:16 AM
That's way over the top.

You're a self serving bitch!

Cleaner44
12-19-2007, 07:16 AM
We should keep her airborne in my opinion.

ValidusCustodiae
12-19-2007, 07:18 AM
The blimp has given us tons of media time. We NEED it for NH. I can't wait to see Rudy's face when that thing casts a shadow while he's stumping. :D:D:D

BUMP THIS THREAD UP!!!

haha whoa that would be classic.. youtube it!

disciple
12-19-2007, 07:18 AM
We must keep the blimp flying.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 07:20 AM
The boys need to lift their game, no doubt.

But, they deserve some slack.

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 07:21 AM
I've got a media tracker tracking going on that tracks all the media linked on news.google.com, adds in (manually) TV mentions found on YouTube, and calculates a value of it. The value is admittedly a very rough guess, but I think it's pretty conservative. Here's what I currently show for the media value of the news that the Blimp has generated:
---- Media Reports ----
237 total media reports
Of those,
7 were TV
132 were non-TV major media
98 were blogs or internet mentions
---- Sources ----
124 total separate media sources
Of those,
were TV
83 were non-TV major media
40 were blogs or internet sources
1 were of unknown type
---- Estimated Value ----
Using an estimated average major media value of 2500
and an estimated blog mention value of 100,
and an estimated cost of 2400 for a 30 second prime-time ad
(600 for non-prime-time)
Estimated TV media value: 39100
Estimated non-TV major media value: 330000
Estimated blog media value: 9800
Estimated total media value: 378900
So far the Blimp has generated considerably more media than we could have bought by spending the same amount of money on straight ads. Plus, the Blimp and Tea Party together made a very compelling story and helped Tea Party press (which was ridiculously valuable). And note that this doesn't count the actual advertising impressions of the Blimp itself, which is a flying billboard and has serious value even if it didn't get any media at all.
We basically get a media discount for flying the Blimp, plus the value of everyone actually seeing it.
The Blimp is killer. Lots of people from other campaigns will post here trying to get us to stop flying it after a month and saying it's not working. They're totally, utterly wrong. Fly the Blimp!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58738

burningfur
12-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Every small town or city they hit they get instant local coverage. It is the perfect way to get Ron's name out there on the local media. Bump.

Brian
12-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Not broadcasting. Check back soon.

qwerty
12-19-2007, 07:25 AM
HUH....
over 100 000 needed.... :(

burningfur
12-19-2007, 07:26 AM
The Ron Paul Blimp, With Over 300 Media Cites, Flies On
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

NEWS ANALYSIS/OPINION

For this week, anyway, the Ron Paul blimp project stays aloft – weather permitting – and apparently heads toward Virginia. Weather has, in fact, as some had predicted, played havoc with the schedule. But the blimp and its launch, when coupled with the recent Ron Paul mass donation day (see related articles), has seemingly generated powerful publicity for the limited government campaign of presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Tex).

Google the words “Ron Paul blimp,” restrict the search to just those words and at least 300 cites should come up on the page. Some may be repetitive, but, no matter, the blimp is generating necessary publicity, as did the record-breaking mass donation day.

It is worth noting here, again, as FMNN has before, that the modest, freedom-entrepreneur Trevor Lyman played a part in both these ventures. He is not alone in his involvement, of course. Others such as Jesse Elder and Eric Nordstrom over at RonPaulMoneyBomb.com are seminal free-market “market” visionaries in their own right. And, of course, with other campaigns, such ventures would not have gotten very far. It is the mass of Ron Paul freedom-loving supporters that provides the "human action."

Aren't all who believe in freedom enriched by freedom’s successes? Surely, there is “room at the top” for creative individuals of all sorts, and competition does not restrict opportunity but expands it. That is a lesson that Ron Paul supporters, among others, have likely, and luckily, internalized.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 07:26 AM
FreeTraveller,

Have you ever started a business?

Have you ever been responsible for employees?

Do you have a clue?

Give these guys the benefit of the doubt for a couple more days.

bobmurph
12-19-2007, 07:29 AM
How much money has been raised for the blimp already?

What was the original estimated dollar amount to get it in the air?

Why another $150,000 now? Or is this money that wasn't raised toward the original total we needed?

To what date is the blimp currently funded? What will that date be extended the additional $150k is raised? What is the deadline for the extra $150k?

Not trying to flame...these are questions that people are going to have if they're going to donate (again) to this project.

Lacrosseus
12-19-2007, 07:30 AM
In two days, the mighty Ron Paul Blimp will be no more. The pictures we've seen on all the major media will be replaced with pictures of the Hindenburg, as the MSM gets to poke fun as a major fundraising tool goes down in flames, and our reputation as the team that can do ANYTHING takes a major hit! OA! OA! OA! OVER ACTING!

The Blimp team was asked not to take salaries until the first month was paid for; they agreed. They were asked to be transparent with the funding; they agreed. No matter what requirement was thrown at them by forum members, they found ways to make most people happy. GET REAL...

Folks, this is absolutely the most amazing thing that has ever happened in the world of politics. Think about it; we have ALL the records AND a BLIMP! HUH?

You are not going to get my support by trying to pile on a bunch of lies and B.S. into a forum thread as you have done in this one... Be realistic... be honest... tell it LIKE IT IS and people are far more likely to believe and support your request.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-19-2007, 07:30 AM
we need 120,000 more! we can do it!

Sematary
12-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Maybe I've been out of the loop or something but I thought this thing was all paid for.

Finn
12-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Why another $150,000 now? Or is this money that wasn't raised toward the original total we needed?
Isn't it? We all knew they needed more money. It was 400k in total.

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 07:32 AM
FreeTraveller,

Have you ever started a business?

Have you ever been responsible for employees?

Do you have a clue?

Give these guys the benefit of the doubt for a couple more days.

Geesh, please re-read my post! I'm pimpin' Da Blimp there! I think it's critical we keep her flying!

What made you think I don't like the blimp?

Folks, this is absolutely the most amazing thing that has ever happened in the world of politics. Think about it; we have ALL the records AND a BLIMP!

Please step up TODAY and help keep the Ron Paul Blimp flying, at least through the New Hampshire primaries. $150,000 is a small sum for people who have raised $18,000,000 for Ron Paul's message this quarter alone.

Mithridates
12-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Channeling O'Reilly in a few days if not enough money is raised:

http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/.abill2.jpg
"Following the steps of the rest the airship industry in history, the Ron Paul blimp has gone down in flames, and the blimp has become nothing more than a blip on the election campaign, possibly spelling doom for the long-shot candidate. Trailing in the polls, one has to wonder if the support for Ron Paul von Hindenburg is as airy as the helium inside the blimp, and whether it all isn't just a bunch of hot air when it comes down to it."

http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com/technical/images/hindenburg.jpg

(just a little something to get people motivated)

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 07:34 AM
HUH....

we raised that last time as well!

Remember there is no limit to what you can donate!

Noble
12-19-2007, 07:36 AM
*purchase* not donate.

You're not donating anything, you're purchasing advertising.

burningfur
12-19-2007, 07:36 AM
You are not going to get my support by trying to pile on a bunch of lies and B.S. into a forum thread as you have done in this one... Be realistic... be honest... tell it LIKE IT IS and people are far more likely to believe and support your request.

I've got a media tracker tracking going on that tracks all the media linked on news.google.com, adds in (manually) TV mentions found on YouTube, and calculates a value of it. The value is admittedly a very rough guess, but I think it's pretty conservative. Here's what I currently show for the media value of the news that the Blimp has generated:
---- Media Reports ----
237 total media reports
Of those,
7 were TV
132 were non-TV major media
98 were blogs or internet mentions
---- Sources ----
124 total separate media sources
Of those,
were TV
83 were non-TV major media
40 were blogs or internet sources
1 were of unknown type
---- Estimated Value ----
Using an estimated average major media value of 2500
and an estimated blog mention value of 100,
and an estimated cost of 2400 for a 30 second prime-time ad
(600 for non-prime-time)
Estimated TV media value: 39100
Estimated non-TV major media value: 330000
Estimated blog media value: 9800
Estimated total media value: 378900
So far the Blimp has generated considerably more media than we could have bought by spending the same amount of money on straight ads. Plus, the Blimp and Tea Party together made a very compelling story and helped Tea Party press (which was ridiculously valuable). And note that this doesn't count the actual advertising impressions of the Blimp itself, which is a flying billboard and has serious value even if it didn't get any media at all.
We basically get a media discount for flying the Blimp, plus the value of everyone actually seeing it.
The Blimp is killer. Lots of people from other campaigns will post here trying to get us to stop flying it after a month and saying it's not working. They're totally, utterly wrong. Fly the Blimp!

That is the proof.

There is a little sensationalism at the end, but look at what it has already done. It is working, it is working very well.

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 07:37 AM
HUH....

There were times on Sunday when that would represent 2 1/2 minutes.

Finn
12-19-2007, 07:38 AM
The failure will look like this

http://i9.tinypic.com/8a3oisx.jpg

skolwulf
12-19-2007, 07:38 AM
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Help make this a glorius triumph despite the checkered failures and shortcomings of the blimp team.

ValidusCustodiae
12-19-2007, 07:39 AM
We have to keep her flying!!! THIS IS HISTORY look at all the growth we've gotten so far from it! Let's keep feeding the media from local to international with blimp sightings! This is working exactly as planned it just needs more funding.

Joey Wahoo
12-19-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm all for keeping the blimp afloat, but please keep in mind when y'all are deciding how to employ your resources, that the Jeremiah Black Iowa ads aren't funded yet, and the Iowa vote is JANUARY 3. If we don't get good finishes in Iowa and NH, then the blimp will be meaningless.

ValidusCustodiae
12-19-2007, 07:40 AM
When Ron is interviewed isn't it better if they say things like "And there is a blimp up there with your name on it" rather than "So your blimp deflated".

Ozwest
Most people who have started businesses and been successful, were amazed at the quick start up time of this venture.

I believe Trevor and everyone else involved were not involved in it for profit, stardom maybe, but who could blame them.

These guys probably need to realize their in over their heads, and come clean.

ValidusCustodiae
Iowa and NH both need blimptime.

Libertarian
12-19-2007, 07:41 AM
I think New Hampshire is a guaranteed win even without the blimp. But with it?

60% ;)

burningfur
12-19-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm all for keeping the blimp afloat, but please keep in mind when y'all are deciding how to employ your resources, that the Jeremiah Black Iowa ads aren't funded yet, and the Iowa vote is JANUARY 3. If we don't get good finishes in Iowa and NH, then the blimp will be meaningless.

I agree. OperationNH.com needs funding too.

We're gonna have to step it up.....

Dequeant
12-19-2007, 07:42 AM
We need a small moneybomb for the blimp folks.

ValidusCustodiae
12-19-2007, 07:42 AM
In over their heads I don't think is accurate. This thing was pulled together in record speed for the exact purpose of generating a media frenzy and it did. People all over my area (where the blimp drydocks) are abuzz about the blimp and Ron Paul.

I'm sure this is true wherever the blimp is sighted. A yard sign is easy to ignore. A giant airship that says RON PAUL REVOLUTION is going to get some attention.

xexkxex
12-19-2007, 07:43 AM
We need a small moneybomb for the blimp folks.

You have 1 day to organize it.... to have it the next day after that..... or the blimp is grounded on the 3rd day.... :(

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 07:45 AM
I think New Hampshire is a guaranteed win even without the blimp. But with it?

60% ;)

No, it most certainly is NOT a guaranteed win. We didn't even show up on the radar in the last poll for New Hampshire.

walt
12-19-2007, 07:45 AM
good, they aren't listening to IMs anyway. They might as well merge with the main campaign.

Finn
12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
You have 1 day to organize it to have it the next day after that or the blimp is grounded on the 3rd day.... :(
You remember how long it took to organize the mini bomb to beat Huck's money bomb?

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
You have 1 day to organize it.... to have it the next day after that..... or the blimp is grounded on the 3rd day.... :(

The $280,000 raised thus far only gets us about 2-3 days in the air? :confused: Isn't that about how much it's been airborne thus far?

walt
12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
good, they aren't listening to IMs anyway. They might as well merge with the main campaign.

Oh and it's been in the air what 3 days out of 15. Move on.

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Bombs Away!

http://www.zzoll.com/BombsAwayFull.jpg

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Yes, keep the blimp flying, but it needs to be demonstrated that these guys, no matter how well-intentioned, have got their shit together.

burningfur
12-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Oh and it's been in the air what 3 days out of 15. Move on.

Do you know what the word, "Blowback" means?

Media will skin us alive. Period.

Sematary
12-19-2007, 07:50 AM
The $280,000 raised thus far only gets us about 2-3 days in the air? :confused: Isn't that about how much it's been airborne thus far?

Did you get my PM?

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 07:50 AM

No, it gets us more days than that. It gets us over a half-month. The funds are needed to keep it in the air through the NH primaries.

xexkxex
12-19-2007, 07:51 AM

All I know is that we have to have $150,000 by the 21st right?

...I don't know the details...

If we have longer then they need to tell us so we can organize or something...I feel like no one really knows anything about this project except those running it....and they are pretty vague...

burningfur
12-19-2007, 07:52 AM
No, it gets us more days than that. It gets us over a half-month. The funds are needed to keep it in the air through the NH primaries.

NH primaries are 20 days away.

EvilEngineer
12-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Blimp!

walt
12-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Do you know what the word, "Blowback" means?

Media will skin us alive. Period.

if you didn't have threads like this - they wouldn't even notice.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 07:54 AM
No one who cares about this Revolution wants to see the blimp go down.

The question is, are these guys going to be able to keep it together.

I'm wavering, how about you?

They need to put their best foot forward. Now.

Dequeant
12-19-2007, 07:54 AM
There are plenty of people who have "maxed out" donations to Paul whose only monetary donations allowed thus far are for things like this. Perhaps get the attention of the "2300" club......i can't afford much and i had to put my December 16th donations, though small, on a credit card.

walt
12-19-2007, 07:56 AM
besides the person who started threads on this materially misrepresented the cost by a factor of 2-3x - we were originally told that $300K would get us a month.

Do all libertarians manage money this poorly? No better than Democrats for crying out loud.

parocks
12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Most people who have started businesses and been successful, were amazed at the quick start up time of this venture.

I believe Trevor and everyone else involved were not involved in it for profit, stardom maybe, but who could blame them.

These guys probably need to realize their in over their heads, and come clean.

It's a bad spot to be in right now, what with the possibility that, yes, people could be saying "what happened to the blimp?" if it isn't up.

I'd be asking "why is the blimp in the air right now if there was the remotest possibility that it wouldn't stay up until NH?"

Why is it so essential that the blimp be in the air right now? Where has it gone? South Carolina? Yes, an important state, but at best 3rd most important.

It's almost right now (not really) a form of blackmail "send the $ or we'll embarass the campaign by taking down the blimp, never to fly again."

At this point I'd ask "what is the bare minimum needed to be in the air over Manchester all day on January 8?" Make sure that number gets hit. Make sure the blimp is in the air over Manchester during the daylight hours.

Joey Wahoo
12-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Hundreds of thousands of dollars could keep the blimp in the air a few days (somewhere sunny and uncloudy), or allow us to dominate the NH and Iowa airwaves through election day with the Jeremiah Black ads.

Just something to think about

gb13
12-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Bump.

I though this thing was supposed to have a moth of flight already paid for. What's the deal?

burningfur
12-19-2007, 08:00 AM
if you didn't have threads like this - they wouldn't even notice.

Are you kidding me?

Of course, it will be spurned on by Wonkette, Drudge Report, elsewhere etc.

Then the media will pick it up and they will ask the same question to Ron Paul over and over again.

"Is your campaign losing steam?"

Then the follow-up.

"3rd party?"

xexkxex
12-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Bump.

I though this thing was supposed to have a moth of flight already paid for. What's the deal?

Go check the site.

We needed $400,000 by Dec 21st......that first amount needed was to get it off the ground.

We currently have $280,000+

We have 2-3 days to get $120,000 or the blimp is grounded.....according to the site.

burningfur
12-19-2007, 08:02 AM
It's a bad spot to be in right now, what with the possibility that, yes, people could be saying "what happened to the blimp?" if it isn't up.

I'd be asking "why is the blimp in the air right now if there was the remotest possibility that it wouldn't stay up until NH?"

Why is it so essential that the blimp be in the air right now? Where has it gone? South Carolina? Yes, an important state, but at best 3rd most important.

It's almost right now (not really) a form of blackmail "send the $ or we'll embarass the campaign by taking down the blimp, never to fly again."

At this point I'd ask "what is the bare minimum needed to be in the air over Manchester all day on January 8?" Make sure that number gets hit. Make sure the blimp is in the air over Manchester during the daylight hours.

Good points. We need to get a blimp representative on here......

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Bombs Away!
http://www.urbanjunkie.co.uk/shopimages/products/extras/A14001%20Silver%20Turbo%20Blimp%20Bomber.jpg

Dequeant
12-19-2007, 08:04 AM
At this point I'd ask "what is the bare minimum needed to be in the air over Manchester all day on January 8?

I agree, we need a number that we KNOW will not be "doubled back" on. A financial cost at which we can fly the blimp to AT THE VERY LEAST Jan 8, and never have to hear the words "blimp" and "donate" in the same sentence until January.

HOWEVER, we really do need to get this last $120,000 to them and have this argument afterwards.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:07 AM
I have and will continue to support the blimp, but "throwing" money at projects that are floundering makes no sense.

With some help with organization, Marketing, and Public Relations this project can be turned around quickly.

If the grassroots most capable business people are invited to assist this project, it's a "slam dunk."

burningfur
12-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I have and will continue to support the blimp, but "throwing" money at projects that are floundering makes no sense.

With some help with organization, Marketing, and Public Relations this project can be turned around quickly.

If the grassroots most capable business people are invited to assist this project, it's a "slam dunk."

That's a big "If" as the most capable on the grassroots likely have much much higher paying busy jobs. And, their sleeping quarters aren't in a hangar.

Goldwater Conservative
12-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Worst case scenario, can't they just take out a loan? I'm sure raising $10 million in two days counts for something...

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:22 AM
If I had access to a myriad of highly motivated and intelligent professionals, who at a moments beckoning, would assist me in my business endeavors, I would be ecstatic beyond belief.

Business is not a altruistic, and noble pursuit.

It's a slog.

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Only YOU Can Prevent Blimp Fires!
http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com/technical/images/hindenburg.jpg

xexkxex
12-19-2007, 08:23 AM
If I had access to a myriad of highly motivated and intelligent professionals, who at a moments beckoning, would assist me in my business endeavors, I would be ecstatic beyond belief.

Business is not a altruistic, and noble pursuit.

It's a slog.

Quoted for truth ;)

parocks
12-19-2007, 08:32 AM
One thing I liked the most about the blimp was the financial structure of the organization allowed those who have maxed out their $2300 could contribute to the blimp.

How can those $2300 donors be reached quickly?

I would argue that going here to ronpaulforums.com and saying "we are in grave danger of embarrassing the campaign" is not the best way to reach the $2300 people in a targeted manner without causing a panic amongst those who might have a little more time than money.

If we're looking for a novel approach, perhaps one or two extremely high dollar donors might like to step in. Perhaps those donors could say "hey, I'm taking charge here, I think this could work, I'll kick in $x amount, I'll pay your salaries, and I'll take the donations." Perhaps that person(s) would make a profit? Perhaps that person(s) would structure their financial infusion with an idea that there's a certain rate of return - 10% 20% that they would expect.

I really don't know. The real point is - the financials of this company were designed to take $ from the $2300's - hit them up for it.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Quoted for truth ;)
Third scotch.

Live and dangerous.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Thats Aussie time.

It's 11:38 PM here.

user
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
In case the blimp goes down, obviously we shouldn't be talking about it as a defeat.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 08:46 AM
What the?

Wendi
12-19-2007, 08:59 AM
I donated in the first round. But I'm now at a point of choosing between the blimp, and the campaign. Sorry guys, the campaign wins. I hope the blimp stays up, but whether it does or not the campaign is still here... :(

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Did you get my PM?

No. :confused:

kaleidoscope eyes
12-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Bada-Blimp!
Let Freedom Fly! ;)

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 09:09 AM

Well, they're saying if we don't come up with an additional 130k in 3 days, the blimp will be grounded. So, IF it stays in the air for those entire 3 days, that means we have spent $270K for the blimp to be in the air 6 days. That comes to $45,000 per day.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

libertarianbob01
12-19-2007, 09:14 AM

In two days, the mighty Ron Paul Blimp will be no more. The pictures we've seen on all the major media will be replaced with pictures of the Hindenburg, as the MSM gets to poke fun as a major fundraising tool goes down in flames, and our reputation as the team that can do ANYTHING takes a major hit!

The Blimp team was asked not to take salaries until the first month was paid for; they agreed. They were asked to be transparent with the funding; they agreed. No matter what requirement was thrown at them by forum members, they found ways to make most people happy. Now we can watch as they travel across the country and spread the good word of Dr. Paul.

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/livevideofeed.php

The Blimp is now outfitted with both banners, and she looks Amazing, as Wolf has said! See the video of the second banner being fitted at http://www.ronpaulblimp.com

Donated $50 for the blimp. Fly Blimp Fly. :)

synthetic
12-19-2007, 09:15 AM
This thing got off the ground on the 14th. The 21st will make 7 days.

You raised $280,000 so far.

Unless my math is off, it will cost $1,120,000 a month at this pace. That seems rather excessive.

banjojambo9
12-19-2007, 09:24 AM
I have to agree the lack of transparency seems a little fishy .Unless they start being a little more clear i will donate to the campaign not the blimp.

sirachman
12-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I was very pissed when the things went wrong with the blimp. HOWEVER now I understand that they have gotten a vast majority of their kinks worked out, gotten both banners on, and are set to fly. I SUPPORT funding the blimp now that it is ready and in the air!

Let us make HISTORY we are the FIRST blimp and let it not be said that we were also the first to fail with a blimp!!! BUT TO SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Those guys have the best of intentions, There is no doubt of that.

They may be in over their heads though...

troyd1
12-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Considering the short timeline, they did well. This is going to get a lot of attention once it gets to dc and new york.

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 09:43 AM
This thing got off the ground on the 14th. The 21st will make 7 days.

You raised $280,000 so far.

Unless my math is off, it will cost $1,120,000 a month at this pace. That seems rather excessive.

A full month was originally $350,000. However, the deal was originally cash up front from what I understand. They've paid for about a half-month, so there should still be a week or better of that time left. The owner wants to see the rest of the money for the month so he doesn't have to start looking for new customers.

I think the $400,000 includes the other related expenses like computer gear, GPS, video equipment, etc. None of that money will be spent until the $350,000 for the blimp is raised.

Most of this information is on the website at http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/ if you look around. There's also information at the blog as well.

Libertad2008
12-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Blimpity blimp blimp blimp...

DeafPalmdale
12-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I have a question, since we got over $18,000,000, why not using some money for the blimp? Just wondering...

user
12-19-2007, 09:55 AM
I have a question, since we got over $18,000,000, why not using some money for the blimp? Just wondering...
So that the blimp is kept totally separate from the official campaign.

Mckarnin
12-19-2007, 09:56 AM
A full month was originally $350,000. However, the deal was originally cash up front from what I understand. They've paid for about a half-month, so there should still be a week or better of that time left. The owner wants to see the rest of the money for the month so he doesn't have to start looking for new customers.

I think the $400,000 includes the other related expenses like computer gear, GPS, video equipment, etc. None of that money will be spent until the $350,000 for the blimp is raised.

Most of this information is on the website at http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/ if you look around. There's also information at the blog as well.

This post is pretty accurate although I'll add that with the banners the money t o the owner is more like $375,000 for this month.

brumans
12-19-2007, 09:58 AM
We need to keep her alive until New Hampshire!!

davidhperry
12-19-2007, 10:03 AM
I hope the blimp project goes well. With that said, the media isn't going to make a big deal if the blimp project ends. They know it was launched for publicity and stuff like that comes and goes.

The media does lurk here, so running around saying "the media is going to freak out!" may increase the chances of that happening. They're looking for stories, remember?

Matthew Zak
12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
bump

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Just sailed past the Norfolk Naval Station!

MindStalker
12-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Well, they're saying if we don't come up with an additional 130k in 3 days, the blimp will be grounded. So, IF it stays in the air for those entire 3 days, that means we have spent $270K for the blimp to be in the air 6 days. That comes to $45,000 per day.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

A LOT of the initial $200K was setup cost. The quoted cost was $400K upfront period end of story (actually it was $350,000 but that was revised to 400K as cost were calculated realistically) They then decided that $200K could be taken upfront with the next $200K needed by the 20th. The blimp launch got delayed which from what I understand does extend the month do be a month from when it was actually launched but it did NOT extend the deadline for when the second $200K needed to be paid.

We can hope and pray there is an extension given, BUT we can't assume such an extension is given.

Delain
12-19-2007, 10:27 AM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5900/ronpaulblimpup0.jpg

Fly Blimp! Fly! :(

XelR8r
12-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Just donated. Thanks for the heads up.

Finn
12-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Aww. I want to hug both the man and the blimp.

jnpg
12-19-2007, 10:33 AM
right now and sponsoring $50 worth of ads. Who is with me?

mconder
12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I agree, it has to stay airbornne or the media will make all sorts of Hindenburg references, even if it is cruel to the families who lost loved ones on the Hindenburg.

rwl4
12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I will donate $100 if another person here will post their receipt for the same.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 10:37 AM

Fly Blimp! Fly!
[Admin- removed personal attack] But very funny.

Delain
12-19-2007, 10:41 AM
But very funny.

Not made by me. Dunno who did, someone here at the forum I think.

But its sooo endearing. :) :p

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Live video from inside the blimp. Broadcasting now!

http://www.justin.tv/ronpaulblimp

Derek Johnson
12-19-2007, 10:48 AM
your $ = blimp viagra

webaform
12-19-2007, 10:54 AM
I will donate $100 if another person here will post their receipt for the same.

Thanks for buying from RonPaulBlimpTour using Google Checkout! RonPaulBlimpTour will charge and ship your order soon.

How do I check on this order?
Get up-to-date information about order #573652921531990

Problems with this order?
Contact RonPaulBlimpTour

Buy again in seconds
everytime you shop. Just look for the Google Checkout button on RonPaulBlimpTour or on Google Product Search.

Order Details - Dec 19, 2007 11:51 GMT-05:00
Google Order #573652921531990
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 10.8 minutes $100.00
Tax (GA) : $0.00
Total: $100.00

Matthew Zak
12-19-2007, 10:59 AM
bump

rwl4
12-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks for buying from RonPaulBlimpTour using Google Checkout! RonPaulBlimpTour will charge and ship your order soon.

Get up-to-date information about order #573652921531990

Contact RonPaulBlimpTour

Buy again in seconds
everytime you shop. Just look for the Google Checkout button on RonPaulBlimpTour or on Google Product Search.

Order Details - Dec 19, 2007 11:51 GMT-05:00
Google Order #573652921531990
Tax (GA) : $0.00

Awesome! Thanks! Here's mine:

Get up-to-date information about order #805800238915093

Contact RonPaulBlimpTour

Buy again in seconds

Order Details - Dec 19, 2007 08:57 GMT-08:00
Google Order #805800238915093
Tax (WA) : $0.00

webaform
12-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Cool, off to work. Gotta get paid to buy some more advertising. :)

shane2
12-19-2007, 11:05 AM
I never, ever, would have done what I had to do, to get and then donate as much as I did, towards the blimp, if it had not grabbed my attention and imagination like it did.

IOW, that was $ that was not initially available, much less going towards, anything else RP campaign related, none of it, ever, till the blimp idea rose up!

There's going to be projects like that come up, and people like me, and when they discover each other, let em rip! I say that because...

I then went to work encouraging others who were similarly motivated to 'be blimped', and do the same, and started sending them here to the forums to get hooked up and check it all out.

But, unfortunately and disappointedly, I quickly had to stop sending them here because of the spate of droning negativism about it all, well past any constructive criticism, as it was turning my best prospects off, not on!

They were then deprived of all the other good projects and support and direction and encouragement going on here, too, that could have helped them better and more enthusiastically support RP in many different ways.

Anyways, yes, folks need to donate directly to the campaign as much as they can first, especially on bombing days like the Tea Party, but be aware that sometimes some of these other or new projects, like the blimp, unleash imaginations, and then funds, that were never earmarked for any RP project to begin with!

I'll bet that individual $25,000 blimp donor would agree.

And, also, while it's essential we have open discussion and constructive criticism to assure the best expenditure of time/money/energy for every project, when it crosses the line, like it did here for a spell, we are tragically losing new folks that originally came eager to help make things happen!

All I'm saying is, we all need to be open to, and embrace, different strokes for different folks motivating them in their support of Ron Paul.

- Shane

jd603
12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
I thought $300k was needed?

Why $400k now?

kotetu
12-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I put $50 more in, hopefully I can get a few more folks to follow suit.

Heather in WI
12-19-2007, 11:10 AM
bump

leipo
12-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Renegotiate the price. The Blimp company has gotten a ton of free publicity and should be giving us a better deal or else we need to find a more appreciative company.

mojohnk2000
12-19-2007, 11:13 AM

BUMP THIS THREAD UP!!!

Hey lets all get off the blimp teams ass. It's not like they ever tackled a something like this before. There's an old saying" If you're not making and mistakes , you're not doing any work!"

Sure those guys self interest but , so did the founders!

American
12-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Curious to know, how is the weather out where it is flying?

Do you think people will even see it?

I'm not sure staying the course with this is a good idea to be honest. We should see how effective it has been so far then see if we need to it keep flying.

I say email the campaign and start spending some of the money our own polls or something else.

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 11:18 AM
yes, we need to keep this blimp flying.... spreading the word

walt
12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59929

alieas007
12-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I just posted about it on the first 7 pages of YouTube videos. I said I'll give my $100 when my check clears tomorrow night... so I'll post updates on the videos tomorrow as it gets closer to deadline, and the number starts going up.

Plus I'll give another $100 too. People on this board keep talking shit about the blimp, but I still think its a great idea!

Drknows
12-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Well they took down the "sponsor the blimp" for about a week. That put a huge dent in donations.

But yeah lets keep it in the air for the rest of this month.

HOLLYWOOD
12-19-2007, 11:51 AM
plus the... SCHEDULES, MEETUP GROUP coordinations, Press Releases, etc, etc

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/HelpWanted.php (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/HelpWanted.php)

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Renegotiate the price. The Blimp company has gotten a ton of free publicity and should be giving us a better deal or else we need to find a more appreciative company.

That is a negotiated price. The owner is a Ron Paul supporter and gave us a 30% discount, if I remember the original price correctly.

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Curious to know, how is the weather out where it is flying?

Do you think people will even see it?

I'm not sure staying the course with this is a good idea to be honest. We should see how effective it has been so far then see if we need to it keep flying.

I say email the campaign and start spending some of the money our own polls or something else.

The Media Value of the Blimp
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58738

BTW, this information has been posted twice in this thread already. It's usually a good idea to at least read a thread before you comment on it, it may provide valuable information. :D

JacobLyles
12-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Personally, I would love to see the blimp overhead in New Hampshire while we’re canvassing. I think it would help us cut through the political-overload of New Hampshire residents and cheer us on!!

JacobLyles
12-19-2007, 12:11 PM
+10%

Ron2Win
12-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Bump, I just donated.
We need to keep this Blimp UP.

shadow26
12-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Bump, I just donated.
We need to keep this Blimp UP.

Blimp, with both banners, over Richmond, Virginia right now; according to the GPS tracker...

NoxTwilight
12-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Donated

Johncjackson
12-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Has the Blimp actually gotten any press coverage?

I have seen stories about the Goodyear blimp in major media, but nothing on the Ron Paul Blimp. One day I was watching TV and they mentioned being invited to take a ride in a Blimp. I started to think..wait, could it be? Nope. They did a story about getting a ride in the goodyear Blimp, showing the launch and everything. looked kinda like the RP Blimp youtubes.

Mckarnin
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM

I have seen stories about the Goodyear blimp in major media, but nothing on the Ron Paul Blimp. One day I was watching TV and they mentioned being invited to take a ride in a Blimp. I started to think..wait, could it be? Nope. They did a story about getting a ride in the goodyear Blimp, showing the launch and everything. looked kinda like the RP Blimp youtubes.

Some of these are Ron Paul stories, some are Ron Paul stories that mention the blimp and some are blimp stories that mention Ron Paul:

http://ondecember16th.com/archives/category/in-the-news

FreeTraveler
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM

Umm... look up, like 6 posts before yours. See the post about Media Value of the Blimp??????????????????

You can lead a horse to water, but if he won't look down to see the stream...

Matt Collins
12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
The failure will look like this

http://i9.tinypic.com/8a3oisx.jpg

Is that her "O" face?

Onyx
12-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Here is what I don't get. On the website it says that $250,000 dollars buys the Blimp 2.5 weeks of flight time. It has been up for merely a few days, how does this equals to two and a half weeks?

paulpwns
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
No offense but the guys running this blimp thing are a little crazy.

Nice, but crazy. I still don't understand why they expect a salary.

I mean i work nearly full time for the campaign for free.

I am broke.

pacelli
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Is that her "O" face?

She's obviously faking it ;)

driller80545
12-19-2007, 02:25 PM
No offense but the guys running this blimp thing are a little crazy.

Nice, but crazy. I still don't understand why they expect a salary.

I mean i work nearly full time for the campaign for free.

I am broke.

Your choice vs their choice

Tarzan
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
She's obviously faking it ;)

She looks pretty HOT in this one!!! :eek:
Taken on December and NOT manipulated... whoa!

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/clintonold.jpg