PDA

View Full Version : [New Site]: www.RonPaulArchives.com

ndnspongebob
12-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Hello guys,

First off, lets pat ourselves on the back for raising $6 million dollars for Ron Paul because he is THE man. I didnt get to donate $100 but i got in $50 for the cause. We're onto something really good here, we should have no reason to stop.

I for one have been quietly sitting at my laptop for the past month or so making this website ( http://www.ronpaularchives.com ) to promote Ron Paul for President.

The basic concept of it is to try to archive every video on the internet that is related to Ron Paul. The main section is a video section which more or less acts like Youtube. Anyone can join and add links from multiple sites including youtube and it will automatically extract the thumbnail and description from the original video site. Users can also upload videos and bookmark them onto social bookmarking sites.

So far I have been at it by myself tirelessly adding quality videos from other sites. But as we all know, because of the success of Dec 16th, the number of Ron Paul website and videos are going to just explode. Since I am a master of understatement, I will just say: I need your help.

Why did I make the site? Well if the Ron Paul Revolution won't be televised, It will be remembered. If the main stream media can think they can manipulate people's views, we sure can strategy against them. :cool:

Video sites that are supported for video links:
1 Google Video
2 Youtube
3 Metacafe
4 Break
5 Go Fish
6 ClipFish
7 PiknikTube
8 Veoh
9 Vimeo
10 Revver
11 İzlesene
12 Blip.tv
13 Snowvision
14 Guba
15 Milliyet
16 Trtube
17 ifilm
18 Myspace
19 Mojoflix
20 Bolt
21 Dailymotion
22 Gametrailers
23 Livevideo
24 Myvideo.de
25 Putfile
26 StupidVideos
27 Glumbert
28 Brightcove
29 Sevenload
30 Neufstream
31 Vidivodo
32 Movieweb
33 Sclipo
34 MSN Soapbox
35 Stage6 Divx
36 Megavideo
37 Uzmantv

Hope you enjoy! Together, we can finally get an honest man into the presidency.

TheCritic
12-19-2007, 08:57 AM
can you add a feature to http://www.ronpaularchives.com that would allow people to download the videos in IPOD format? It would be great if every video had a download link. I think videos on IPODS is a great tool for winning over friends and family.

terryhamel
12-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I'd like to see RP TV clips in it's original format at the archives. No transcoding such as FLV (h263) or AVI (h264, DivX, etc) - just the raw footage so the grassroots can make the highest quality compilations possible. Can your server handle the storage and bandwidth for such an endeavor?

EvilNight
12-19-2007, 04:27 PM
TheCritic is absolutely right. If your site offers the ability to save any of the videos out to a file for distribution, you're going to get buried with traffic because it'll turn into a real draw. It's a great idea. You may even become popular enough to become the default Ron Paul release/news site.

Zarxrax
12-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I'd like to see RP TV clips in it's original format at the archives. No transcoding such as FLV (h263) or AVI (h264, DivX, etc) - just the raw footage so the grassroots can make the highest quality compilations possible. Can your server handle the storage and bandwidth for such an endeavor?

Terryhamel, you can find that on my site (see my signature). The ron paul archives site seems to have a different goal. By the way, very nice looking site there, spongebob, looking very cool!

ndnspongebob
12-19-2007, 08:13 PM
hey guys,

I thought of this before but I was scared that bandwidth usage would go through the roof, but because of your suggestions, I have included this feature. I'm not familar with the Ipod format, but I know you can download in the .flv format.

thanks!