PDA

View Full Version : NPR says HUCKABEE brilliant for Christmas ad

hawks4ronpaul
12-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Who wants to write NPR and tell them that Ron Paul did the good-will holiday ad first?

EDIT: An "expert" on NPR said that Huckabee's soft, feel-good holiday message was very effective/refreshing. Wait for the transcript release for the exact words.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

uncle saddam
12-19-2007, 04:31 AM
Any more info about the original 'brilliant' comment?

:confused:

Taco John
12-19-2007, 04:38 AM
It's not the "good will holiday ad," per se that was brilliant... It was the positioning he used with it. He essentially dared anyone to attack him, because he knows any attack will cement the support of Christians who feel that there is a cultural war on Christmas. From the position of political positioning and messaging, it is tremendously brilliant. He's easily the best strategic communicator in the field.

I thought that Dr. Paul's response to the Huckabee ad was about as close you could get to touching the thing without enraging the Christian community. I'd be suprised to see anyone else manage to successfully take the ad on without helping Huckabee cement his support.

rfbz
12-19-2007, 04:41 AM
The frontrunners must absolutely love that RP and his supporters are going after Huckabee. It's basically doing their dirty work for them, because they also want to expose him but don't want the negative blowback that comes along with it.

hawks4ronpaul
12-19-2007, 04:51 AM
* A listing of today's stories will be posted at approx. 8:30 a.m. ET
* Audio for today's show will be available at approx. 9:00 a.m. ET

noztnac
12-19-2007, 04:54 AM
I'll attack him!

I'm a Christian and found Huckabee's ad extremely distasteful. Exploiting the goodwill of fellow Christians to rake in votes is just about as disgusting as it gets.

user
12-19-2007, 05:02 AM
The ad is disgusting. When you watch the whole video of the ad it's really obvious what they're doing with the "bookshelf". :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the ad will probably just cement his support with the theocrats, and there are a lot more of them in the GOP than some of you might be willing to admit.

ronpaulfollower999
12-19-2007, 05:20 AM
I'll attack him!

I'm a Christian and found Huckabee's ad extremely distasteful. Exploiting the goodwill of fellow Christians to rake in votes is just about as disgusting as it gets.

Same here.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Question.

We all know Dr. Paul made a Christmas ad and released it on YouTube. However, was this ad ever played as a TELEVISION commercial?

Anyone know?

Arek
12-19-2007, 05:43 AM
I believe it will be running in Iowa and New Hampshire starting the 20th, but don't quote me. Who knows maybe he'll run it in other early primary states now with the extra money.

hawks4ronpaul
12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
The NPR piece included adman Bill Hillsman saying that Huckabee's Christmas ad is a "stand out" "really nice" commercial that will work "really well."

Ignore the AP text and listen to the NPR audio:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17390434

There was no mention that Ron Paul published his nice holiday commercial first.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/