PDA

View Full Version : Digg - Ron Defends Abortion vote

bc2208
12-19-2007, 03:51 AM
I checked out those guys trying to discredit ron on digg. One of them posted this: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Unbelievable_Ron_Paul_voted_against_woman_s_right_ to_choose

Obvious garbage to us, but to the unaware it might seem like hypocrisy. Therefore, I posted this:

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_defends_Partial_Birth_Abortion_Ban_Vote

please digg it!

Geronimo
12-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Dugg

burningfur
12-19-2007, 05:53 AM
bump

unloud
12-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Copy paste this link into your address bar. Don't click. Digg takes into account referral links. Also, make sure to click on the article before you vote; Digg also counts whether the article has been read.

dugg

burningfur
12-19-2007, 05:58 AM
bump

1town
12-19-2007, 06:26 AM
That anyone would question a partial birth abortion ban is beyond me. And I'm pro-choice.

ZenX
12-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Same here....anyone here -for- partial-birth abortion? I'd love to hear justification.

Sematary
12-19-2007, 07:26 AM
While I agree with Dr. Paul on his reasons for voting for this legislation, I also understand that his decision is not based in the constitution but is, instead, based on personal beliefs. Hasn't he always said that the feds should not federalize crimes such as murder? Yet, here he is doing it. I understand the vote yet I disagree with the principle behind it - using the federal government to enforce the ban. Now, if they had simply defined the act of partial birth abortion as an act of murder and left it to the states to decide how to punish those who participate in it, then that would be fine, in my opinion. But, simply creating a federal ban on the act seems contrary to the constitutional beliefs we all hold.

JenaS62
12-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Same here....anyone here -for- partial-birth abortion? I'd love to hear justification.

As a mother, I cannot imagine anything more sick or twisted than this so called partial birth abortion. Doctors that perform this procedure should be charged with murder as should the mother requesting it. I see absolutely no neccessity for it. If the baby can survive outside of the mother and is going to be taken anyway - why not let the baby live?

ZenX
12-19-2007, 07:51 AM
As a mother, I cannot imagine anything more sick or twisted than this so called partial birth abortion. Doctors that perform this procedure should be charged with murder as should the mother requesting it. I see absolutely no neccessity for it. If the baby can survive outside of the mother and is going to be taken anyway - why not let the baby live?

Don't get me wrong! I agree with you. I was just asking if anyone thought that horrible practice was OK, and in which circumstance they would think it would be Ok to do.