PDA

View Full Version : Article: Ron Paul: Mr. Republican

angrydragon
12-19-2007, 03:09 AM
A relentless theme in the commentary on Ron Paul is that he is not really a Republican, mainly because he dissents from the party on foreign policy. People now associate the Republican Party with crazed war-mongering, massive military spending, and relentless conflict-seeking, to the point even of a messianic global crusade on behalf of American imperial control.

This is madness, and Ron Paul does dissent. But is he really departing from Republican tradition? In the 1990s, the GOP opposed Clinton's wars in Somalia and Serbia. It denounced nation building as an extension of the domestic planning state. But those were short-lived moments. The party reverted to its war-mongering self after Bush came to power.

So for a genuinely non-interventionist policy within the Republican Party we need to go back further to the last of the great statesmen of mid-20th century America: Senator Robert Taft of Ohio, also known as Mr. Republican. His 1951 book A Foreign Policy for Americans was a huge seller and exercised vast influence.

More at
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/rp-mr-republican.html

Richandler
12-19-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm so disappointed that so many here do not have any interest in lewrockwell articles. I guess it's my mistake for assuming people here read. Video watchers!

TwiLeXia
12-19-2007, 03:29 AM
lol yea i searched ron paul economics today and the first thing that came up was:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul311.html

Beautiful article by Paul in 2006, personally I think that this is perfectly representative of Ron Paul's entire campaign and overarching message - we need to STOP trusting the government with our finances!! By doing so, almost all of the government failures would never have taken place.

NewEnd
12-19-2007, 03:30 AM
I stopped reading Lew rockwell when I realized hes on our side.... He's preaching to the choir.

I am much more interested in reading MSM aarticles and video.

soz

HazardPerry
12-19-2007, 03:34 AM
I discovered Lew Rockwell a few months before I even knew who Ron Paul was. I devoured every article, this was my gateway drug into the world of libertarian and conservative thought. So many good reads it's unreal. :D

Richandler
12-19-2007, 03:35 AM
I stopped reading Lew rockwell when I realized hes on our side.... He's preaching to the choir.

I am much more interested in reading MSM aarticles and video.

soz

So let me get this straight. You don't want to read articles that talk in depth about the real problems and the complexities that Mr. Paul himself doesn't full dive into; giving you greater understanding of your positions. But you want to watch propaganda willingly...