PDA

View Full Version : Which are you more apt to support

GregVernon
12-19-2007, 02:18 AM
I talked to my legal counsel today concerning Ron Paul Gum, his advice was because of the nature of the operation, was to form a private company rather than a PAC.

In terms of trust there is a big difference between a private organization and a PAC, but I would be like the blimp guys and be transparent. But the question is:

Which would you be more apt to support, a PAC or a Private Entity?

pacelli
12-19-2007, 02:20 AM
A PAC. There was negative initial press about the blimp stretching the law regarding this issue.

NewEnd
12-19-2007, 02:24 AM
company. If you want to print up gum, and sell it as a propaganda tool, just go as a company.

Its like the clinton and Obama dolls I see, they are just capitalizing on fame. We know your intentions. Make the gum near price, and go for it.

GregVernon
12-19-2007, 02:24 AM
A PAC. There was negative initial press about the blimp stretching the law regarding this issue.

I think the biggest problem with the blimp was it was actually advertising. The Ron Paul Gum that would be distributed would be gum that just so happened to have Ron Paul slogans and political viewpoints on the packages.

So I don't think there would be as much of an issue with the Gum than with the Blimp.

GregVernon
12-19-2007, 02:26 AM
company. If you want to print up gum, and sell it as a propaganda tool, just go as a company.

Its like the clinton and Obama dolls I see, they are just capitalizing on fame. We know your intentions. Make the gum near price, and go for it.

Sweet, that's what I want to do, mdh was a little annoyed but I think it will be a lot less paperwork than dealing with the FEC :rolleyes:

GregVernon
12-19-2007, 02:32 AM
Hmm, this isn't necessary, but it would be nice to know why you chose a certain organizational type...

GregVernon
12-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Just one more thing, if enough people vote for "private entity" I should have everything good to go by tomorrow afternoon depending on when I can get paperwork filed with the County Clerk and be selling preorders very shortly after that!

GregVernon
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
bump

Corydoras
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Greg, you're really, really, really convinced this Ron Paul Gum will be popular?

DealzOnWheelz
12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
PRIVATE COMPANY

BUT I THINK GUM IS NOT A GOOD IDEA OR ANY TYPE OF PRODUCT ONE CAN INGEST FOR THAT MATTER

ANYONE CAN GET SOME OF YOUR GUM TAINTED IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO AND THE LAST THING WE NEED IS

HEADLINE NEWS: "XX amoun t of people today were hospitalized from what reports say is a poison found in Republican Presidential Candidate "Ron Paul's" Chewing gum"

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 08:07 PM
PRIVATE COMPANY

BUT I THINK GUM IS NOT A GOOD IDEA OR ANY TYPE OF PRODUCT ONE CAN INGEST FOR THAT MATTER

ANYONE CAN GET SOME OF YOUR GUM TAINTED IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO AND THE LAST THING WE NEED IS

HEADLINE NEWS: "XX amoun t of people today were hospitalized from what reports say is a poison found in Republican Presidential Candidate "Ron Paul's" Chewing gum"

Don't cross that street or you will surely get hit by a car.

I want some of the gum. Let us now when the company is selling. These types of things, matchbooks, packs of gum and info cards are all collectible memorabilia. I will put a few dozen packs away in shrink wrap in the family trunk. And chew a few wads myself:D Xylitol has stopped the pain in my teeth from dental malpractice and made them much harder by remineralizing them. It is a wood sugar and highly beneficial and non insulin burning.

http://www.xylitol.org/main.asp

Best Regards and Good luck
Randy

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Do you have a sample of the artwork on the packs?

Best
Randy

Corydoras
12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Do you have a sample of the artwork on the packs?

Best
Randy

http://www.ronpaulgum.info/board/viewtopic.php?p=43#43

LinuxUser269
12-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Gum Yum ......blimp