PDA

View Full Version : Hello. I am Carlos from the recent Ron Paul Cafferty File. Sorry.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 12:47 AM
I never thought my message would go through. I wrote my message before I saw all of your wonderful messages on the illegitimacy of the polls themselves. I wrote it like that because I don't think that the public as a whole likes to verify facts, so I went into the direction of "just give him coverage, I can guaruntee you his poll numbers will rise." I missed one very important adjective - rigged. As in rigged polls. His numbers would rise in the rigged polls. They have so far. Imagine how much he ACTUALLY rises? There are too many of us to suppress the number to only 1-2%. It would completely discredit the polling companies.

I am almost certian Ron Paul's real support is what the polls say PLUS the margin of error. So if the margin of error is +/- 5%, for example. If Ron Paul's support is , say 7% at Rasmussan. Add 5 to that so Rasmussan isn't discredited and you get Ron Paul's real support at 12%. This is enough to win the nomination as long as we have strong voter turnout (we will) and delegates. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 36 million supporters. Even without the margin of error, we still have somewhere in the neighborhood of 21 million supporters. Bill Clinton won the '92 nomination with 20 million votes. (Mind you, if the real number was 7%, a polling company could suppress that to 2% and say there's a +/- 5% margin of error). This does not mean we should stop working hard to spread the message. Let's drive that number up to as high as we can go. So there is no doubt to who the winner is. Not all of these supporters are rabid, so be sure to make your whole family go to the polls and vote for Ron Paul during your primary. But I digress.

I sorta feel used by the CNN. :( I don't like to be used to spread propaganda (using me to say polls are legitimate end all, be all, when they aren't you know what I mean). A lot of people have been rightfully saying that the Cafferty file left out all of the messages on the illegitimacy of the polls. I might have waited too long to post this message, as I joined this forum on the Tea Party.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BibN0cB9v3I

Mark Rushmore
12-19-2007, 12:51 AM
I haven't a clue what you are talking about, but life goes on, welcome aboard.

HazardPerry
12-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Not to worry, any press is good press around these parts! Plus, Iron Jack is a bit of a folk hero here anyway, he gave us a good shake like he usually does. Welcome to the forums! Welcome to the REVOLUTION!

reduen
12-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Welcome Carlos I know exactly what you mean! Thnks for you post and thanks for your take on the topic of margin of error! I agree with you 100% :)

Go Ron Paul!

surf
12-19-2007, 12:57 AM
it's all good. i understood what you meant.

Give me liberty
12-19-2007, 12:57 AM
I think i know what he is talking,

the polls, so all these so called polls on every news channel are fake? or are they like you said

rigged? and if you know how many so called poll people are phoned by the news network? as in a number.

And welcome the fourm.

NewEnd
12-19-2007, 01:05 AM
meh, don't sweat it.

JayAre
12-19-2007, 01:06 AM
I never thought my message would go through. I wrote my message before I saw all of your wonderful messages on the illegitimacy of the polls themselves. I wrote it like that because I don't think that the public as a whole likes to verify facts, so I went into the direction of "just give him coverage, I can guaruntee you his poll numbers will rise." I missed one very important adjective - rigged. As in rigged polls. His numbers would rise in the rigged polls. They have so far. Imagine how much he ACTUALLY rises? There are too many of us to suppress the number to only 1-2%. It would completely discredit the polling companies.

I am almost certian Ron Paul's real support is what the polls say PLUS the margin of error. So if the margin of error is +/- 5%, for example. If Ron Paul's support is , say 7% at Rasmussan. Add 5 to that so Rasmussan isn't discredited and you get Ron Paul's real support at 12%. This is enough to win the nomination as long as we have strong voter turnout (we will) and delegates. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 36 million supporters. Even without the margin of error, we still have somewhere in the neighborhood of 21 million supporters. Bill Clinton won the '92 nomination with 20 million votes. (Mind you, if the real number was 7%, a polling company could suppress that to 2% and say there's a +/- 5% margin of error). This does not mean we should stop working hard to spread the message. Let's drive that number up to as high as we can go. So there is no doubt to who the winner is. Not all of these supporters are rabid, so be sure to make your whole family go to the polls and vote for Ron Paul during your primary. But I digress.

I sorta feel used by the CNN. :( I don't like to be used to spread propaganda (using me to say polls are legitimate end all, be all, when they aren't you know what I mean). A lot of people have been rightfully saying that the Cafferty file left out all of the messages on the illegitimacy of the polls. I might have waited too long to post this message, as I joined this forum on the Tea Party.

I'm confused. What exactly did you say on the Cafferty file?

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 01:06 AM
I think i know what he is talking,

the polls, so all these so called polls on every news channel are fake? or are they like you said

rigged? and if you know how many so called poll people are phoned by the news network? as in a number.

And welcome the fourm.

Rigged isn't the only word. You can add in biased, inaccurate, manipulated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_poll

I'm just saying the polling companies have to keep credibility. So they have to give Ron Paul the lowest numbers possible within the margin of error, to make him look like he has no support. This is just a hypophesis and I can not in no way prove it. The wikipedia page spells out pretty accurately why polls shouldn't even be looked at anymore. The potential for bias and manipulation is astronomical.
F--K YOU FRANK!!

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm confused. What exactly did you say on the Cafferty file?

JayAre
12-19-2007, 01:12 AM

oh okay, I actually kinda liked that answer. Congrats on getting on the show.

Conza88
12-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Want to make up for it?
Hit the streets, covert as many people as you think were turned away by your comment. However many that may be. Best of Luck.
Welcome aboard mate. You've come to the right side.!

idrake
12-19-2007, 01:19 AM
oh okay, I actually kinda liked that answer. Congrats on getting on the show.

Me too. Trying to explain the circular logic to the MSM isn't easy.

MSM talks about X incessantly -> X polls well -> MSM talks about X because X polled well.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

pacelli
12-19-2007, 01:23 AM

What's up Carlos! Thanks for making a formal introduction. I do remember your letter being read on CNN, I thought you made a good point. While I wished Cafferty had read one of the letters about the polls, I think your letter was still effective because it was "media safe".

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Want to make up for it?
Hit the streets, covert as many people as you think were turned away by your comment. However many that may be. Best of Luck.
Welcome aboard mate. You've come to the right side.!

I'll do my best to help restore the Republic. We all have to do our best. I want to see some people run for Congress as Ron Paul Republicans/Democrats. I can't. I'm only 19. It will take every droplet of water to burst the damn.

PS. We should start a Run For Congress drive. It will be easier for Ron Paul to get his ideas through if the Congress was with him.

Vote Ron Paul for President. Vote Ron Paul Republicans/Democrats/Independents for Congress.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Its not a margin of error. It is a margin of tampering as well. And bad publicity before the poll and even in the wording of the polls.

user
12-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Don't worry Carlos. Actually I liked your answer, especially the "every five seconds" part. It brought up an important point about the rise of the Huckster and the influence of the media.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Its not a margin of error. It is a margin of tampering as well. And bad publicity before the poll and even in the wording of the polls.

Yup. Manipulation. Polls cannot be trusted. Water is wet.

theseus51
12-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Don't worry. If you actually gave a detailed answer of why he's not polling higher (his supporters didn't vote last time around, cell phones/landlines, not listed as an option on a phone survey, etc.) then they wouldn't have included your response.

shagywashere
12-19-2007, 02:03 AM
You thnk we may have 30 million + supporters? Why didn't they donate then :(

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 02:09 AM
As a said in my first message, only a small percentage of supporters are rabid. I'm sure all of you know someone who will vote for Ron Paul, but doesn't do the typical Ron Paul supporter stuff, ie wave signs, meetup, etc. etc. When you live in a country with a hurting economy, $100 is a lot of money.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 02:14 AM
We have more than 3 million thats for sure. If we had less. We should be polling at 1%, and the polls are overhyping us. 7% of 300 million is 21 million. If you include my margin of error theory, it goes up to 30 million +. We want a landslide victory, because electronic voting doesn't swap the vote for every machine. Only a few, as was the case in Ohio IIRC. If our turnout is huge enough, not even Diebold could steal the election. And even if it was the exit polling would be grossly unsynchronized with the "official" tally. That would give merit to a claim of election fraud.

Kenso
12-19-2007, 02:26 AM
You thnk we may have 30 million + supporters? Why didn't they donate then :(

Who knows. If Huckabee has the support the polls suggest, why can't he come anywhere near our fundraising numbers?

Let's keep working to get more people behind Ron Paul. There's still time to write letters to IA and NH.

pikerz
12-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Welcome to the Revolution!

I understood your point, but like the rest of these guys are saying I wouldnt really sweat it.

Pete
12-19-2007, 03:12 AM
You did good, Carlos.

It was a valid point, that RP's poll numbers WOULD be good if he were shilled like Huck. It got across.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 03:15 AM
Who knows. If Huckabee has the support the polls suggest, why can't he come anywhere near our fundraising numbers?

Let's keep working to get more people behind Ron Paul. There's still time to write letters to IA and NH.

He doesn't. He went from just barely beating us, to taking the lead in what? 2 days? It just came out of nowhere. Where are the Huckabee signs in New Hampshire? He has no support outside of the Bible Belt. It doesn't add up. His supporters can't be trusted to vote for him. Especially considering there's a football game on on January 3rd, and it might be really, really cold outside. Who wants to caucus for Mike Huckabee when you can be watching the game in your warm comfortable home?