PDA

View Full Version : Global Boogie For Ron Paul! Jan 5!

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Hello folks,

My name is Dan. I'm an Australian living in New Zealand, some of you may have seen the video on Youtube of three crazy guys dancing outside the US Embassy and having a tea party here in New Zealand on Dec 16...that was me and two good friends, Dylan and Piet. Thanks heaps for the many kind comments we have received! It's an honour to be involved, we had no idea so many people would see it! For those who would like a look, I'll add the link at the end of this post.

Announcing the GLOBAL BOOGIE FOR RON PAUL!

What is it?
Those of us outside of the US can't donate to the campaign, but we figured that we could donate in other forms. I would like to invite supporters from around the world to grab a video camera and film themselves dancing wherever you are in the world! 30-60 seconds would be plenty, throw some cool music on there and upload it to Youtube....

Then we can look at collecting the clips, and make ONE HUGE VIDEO! Imagine a video of people with Ron Paul signs and US flags dancing at locations across the globe! It could be absolutely mindblowing =) Even better, if you are near a famous landmark try and get it in the frame. Stonehenge, Antarctica, African Bush, Sydney Opera House, the Outback of Australia, The Tower of London, fjords of Norway, castles of Germany, mountains of Burma....really the possibilities are ENDLESS!

This is one way we foreigners can truly add to the campaign. If we can make such a video, it would no doubt climb the rankings on Youtube and introduce Ron Paul to many new people...and that has to be a good thing!

But Americans, don't think that this is just an overseas thing...I'd love to see some videos of people dancing in front of Mt Rushmore, The Golden Gate Bridge, The Grand Canyon...even troops in the middle east...you name it! It would be SENSATIONAL!

Guidelines: Have fun! Dance your socks off on JAN 5! Have a Ron Paul sign or shirt or something to identify yourself, and just go for it. You don't have to be able to dance, just channel some of those good Dr Paul vibes and let yourself go! (There is no way I would have thought I would have ever danced on Youtube-even more so for my mate Piet!). Just imagine how it will feel when Ron Paul is inaugurated and that is bound to get your toes tapping! Then upload to youtube, with a title clearly showing the country and location. Number of people is irrelevant...your video could be a solo effort, or it could be your local RP meet up group.
Those that can dance- by all means choreograph something! Imagine a Napolean Dynamite style performance on the Great Wall of China! Hold on to your Mini DV tapes, we may make a full resolution DVD at some stage.

I figure that Jan 5 is a cool time to do it. Most people will still be on holidays, and its a weekend which will give families a chance to go somewhere and boogie together. But lets not put a time limit on it...if you are going on holiday somewhere cool, take your handycam and boogie! More Global Boogie videos can be made as time goes on.

OK people...over to you! This is a really simple thing to do, and is bound to produce some cool results. May the force be with you!

Here's the link to what we did on Dec 16:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GINIZ_ho24

Good luck!

Dan

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Let us know on this thread if you are keen, so we can get a rough idea of locations.
Dan

Energy
12-19-2007, 03:34 AM
What a great idea!

Sorta reminds me of this:

"Matt Dancing Around the World"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNF_P281Uu4

"iPods Around the World"
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/gallery/iatw

Paulitical Correctness
12-19-2007, 03:39 AM
We sure do have a lot of Aussie support.

I love it. <3

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 04:45 AM
yes, I've seen that Matt guy...i'm sure that's what has put the pieces together for this in my head =)

user
12-19-2007, 05:06 AM
This idea is both crazy and awesome. I don't know how it will affect the campaign exactly but it sounds like way too much fun. I look forward to seeing it!

user
12-19-2007, 05:18 AM
I just saw your dance video, hilarious! Those people watching from inside the embassy must have been shocked.

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 05:25 AM
yeah they freaked out a little =) They ended up sending some plain clothes agents to the park we were in across the road. We busted one of them, he had been sitting down on a bench reading a book...with an iPod on! Who reads with music going? More like a two way radio to HQ I think =) When we walked out of there we checked him out....he wouldn't look up, and was still on the first page of the book...after 30 minutes! Chevy Chase would have done a better job! (I still love the CIA exam scene in Spies Like Us)
But yes, help us spread the word on this one if you can, it should be great fun and bound to generate some good vibes.
Dan

user
12-19-2007, 05:58 AM
yeah they freaked out a little =) They ended up sending some plain clothes agents to the park we were in across the road. We busted one of them, he had been sitting down on a bench reading a book...with an iPod on! Who reads with music going? More like a two way radio to HQ I think =) When we walked out of there we checked him out....he wouldn't look up, and was still on the first page of the book...after 30 minutes! Chevy Chase would have done a better job! (I still love the CIA exam scene in Spies Like Us)
But yes, help us spread the word on this one if you can, it should be great fun and bound to generate some good vibes.
Dan
Great, our taxes at work! :D

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 12:36 PM
bump =)

thumbto
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
How about a Ron Paul dance step... Do the "Liberty Dance" --- where everyone dances the way they want and then do the same move. Not the macaraena..

Also see myspace.com/purple4paul

jenius
12-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Haha, great ideas guys. Thanks for the video. :)

drexhex
12-19-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm in! I can dance in front of Independence Hall =D

drexhex
12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Blimped for a great idea.

You should make a video and/or website for it, though. And try to get at least one person per city. That would be amazing. Talk to all of the meetups you can.

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Now there's a point...a website would be pretty cool. Unfortunately I am a web retard, I have to get other people to do web stuff. if there is anyone out there who could help by building a classy but simple site, please let me know. we are already getting hits on our video from Sweden, Cananda, Australia, South Africa....this could work!
Dan

leipo
12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Haha, i love it. Great video. Great energy!!
I'm gonna make a video for this project from the Netherlands!

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Awesome! Netherlands- Sorted! Please tell me you live near one of those big windmills lol =)

constituent
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
YES!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!

:: Thumpin' BASS ::

leipo
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
I do actually!! Well, pretty close. I'm up north so not near an embassy unfortunately.

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 01:39 PM
mate windmills are prettier than embassies =) i'd go with that...i can see it already, a nice wide shot of a windmill with some funky dance manouveres going down!
Hey, you don't have a dutch traditional costume do you? now THAT would be cool! =)

And yes above, Independence Hall- Crikey! Yes do it please!

god bless the internet

dan

user
12-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Sounds like this is taking off. While you guys are filming in all these locations around the world, I wonder if you could record yourselves saying something as well? Like from a script with one line from each location, you know what I mean?

drexhex
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
mate windmills are prettier than embassies =) i'd go with that...i can see it already, a nice wide shot of a windmill with some funky dance manouveres going down!
Hey, you don't have a dutch traditional costume do you? now THAT would be cool! =)

And yes above, Independence Hall- Crikey! Yes do it please!

god bless the internet

dan

Well shoot, I'll go right in front of the Liberty Bell :D

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Yes by all means people, have a talk to the camera =)

Remember not to get all down and serious...let's keep the positive vibes flowing..good vibations produce more good vibrations, producing more good vibrations until we are SHAKING THE WORLD! =)

drexhex
12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Sounds like this is taking off. While you guys are filming in all these locations around the world, I wonder if you could record yourselves saying something as well? Like from a script with one line from each location, you know what I mean?

We could bring back the "I am Ron Paul, and I approve this message!" video idea where everyone said that.

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
You'll have to fill me in on that one...sounds good though. What was the idea? People from around the world saying "I'm Ron Paul"..I think that's great, we could combine the two ideas. Thoughts anyone?

drexhex
12-19-2007, 01:59 PM
You'll have to fill me in on that one...sounds good though. What was the idea? People from around the world saying "I'm Ron Paul"..I think that's great, we could combine the two ideas. Thoughts anyone?

Basically that was it. Remember how it was said that the grassroots is the real candidate and that Ron Paul was just a face to our voice (or something along those lines)? Well the idea a few weeks ago was to make a video with people all around the world saying "I am Ron Paul." and putting it all together.

I say we combine the ideas.

user
12-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes by all means people, have a talk to the camera =)

Remember not to get all down and serious...let's keep the positive vibes flowing..good vibations produce more good vibrations, producing more good vibrations until we are SHAKING THE WORLD! =)
I wouldn't want the good vibes to be interrupted...I was thinking since people will be at these interesting locations, if they could record themselves talking while they're there it could still be edited into a separate video if possible?

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm all for it - sounds great.

Boogie or
Boogie plus "I'm Ron Paul" or just
"I'm Ron Paul"

People can decide what they would like to do. We'll lleave it to the states, so to speak =) Ideally though, the combo would be great!

user
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
We could bring back the "I am Ron Paul, and I approve this message!" video idea where everyone said that.
That sounds great! I was thinking of a script being read one line at a time by people around the world, but maybe that would be very difficult to organize.

drexhex
12-19-2007, 02:10 PM
That sounds great! I was thinking of a script being read one line at a time by people around the world, but maybe that would be very difficult to organize.

But that would be awesome too! It may even get a little media coverage. I'm for that or the other thing. We could potentially organize it, but it could take a lot of effort. Especially since we only have 1/2 a month until the date.

user
12-19-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't want to co-opt the Boogie project in any way though. Just a little extra footage to be shot if people would be willing.

drexhex
12-19-2007, 02:25 PM
blimp

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 02:32 PM
OK then, lets push back the date and make this as BIG AS POSSIBLE!

I'm heading out for a few hours, have a think about a suitable date. Not too far away though, I'd like this video to have a chance at being out there and doing it's thing before the first round of voting. From what i understand, it is crucial to make as big an impact as possible early on. catch you when I'm back and we'll sort it =)
Dan

user
12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Iowa votes on January 3rd. :eek:

What do you guys think we should do?

Talldude1412
12-19-2007, 02:38 PM
You aussies sure are crazy! I like it! post this in the international forum too!

mcgraw_wv
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
FWIW, I am all for accepting money and making a bigger donation as an American ;)

drexhex
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Hmm... I'd like to see it done by the end of January. I'd say about a week to put it all together, and then a week to get it popular online.

Maybe push it from the 5th to the 12th? Still on a Saturday and it gives us another week to plan.

It won't be ready by Iowa or New Hampshire, but it'll be ready for Super Tuesday.

drexhex
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
FWIW, I am all for accepting money and making a bigger donation as an American ;)

Same here, but if you plan to do this keep it to PMs and emails. You don't want this getting out.

thumbto
12-19-2007, 05:34 PM
blimp

drexhex
12-19-2007, 05:51 PM
blimp

acmegeek
12-19-2007, 05:56 PM
OK, now this is a good event to use the RonRox.com (http://RonRox.com) domain name. I have emailed the OP and have offered it to him.

Thoughts? It is basically the same thing, a huge (global in this case) event using music to support RP. Maybe we could still try to get some concert events setup?

Bilgefisher
12-19-2007, 06:02 PM
this is what grassroots is all about. Good stuff.

acmegeek
12-19-2007, 06:28 PM
bump!

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 06:33 PM
ignore this post =) my bad

drexhex
12-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Blimp

dan new zealand
12-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Ive been in contact with Sam, looks like we are going to use his URL! AWESOME! Wooohooo! =)

user
12-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Ive been in contact with Sam, looks like we are going to use his URL! AWESOME! Wooohooo! =)
BTW Dan, I don't know if you've already seen it, but on the official campaign site there is a message from RP regarding your efforts outside the embassy. :D

dan new zealand
12-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Yes my mate piet sent me a text saying that Ron mentioned New Zealand in his speech....blown away! We were all pinching ourselves, it just goes to show that you CAN make a difference...no matter how small.

Which is why I'm still after suggestions as to the date for the RON PAUL GLOBAL BOOGIE! Throw some suggestions this way people, then we can lock it in =)

drexhex
12-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Well...
January 6 is the birthday of Benjamin Franklin and the deathday of Theodore Roosevelt
January 12 is the birthday of John Hancock

Those are my fav's but I'm down for anything.

EDIT: Ooo... Led Zeppelin released their 1st album on January 12, 1969

drexhex
12-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Hey there, BLIMPy boy... flying through the sky so fancy-free...

(bump)

dan new zealand
12-20-2007, 03:41 AM
Wow we've just had a big earthquake here...I have to go and film it for the news, so I'll be away from this thread/idea for at least the next 24 hrs. Drexhex....maybe you can have a think about dates and ask some others for their thoughts while I'm gone? Thanks heaps!
Dan

drexhex
12-20-2007, 03:44 AM
Hope everyone's ok!

For the dates, I really like the idea of January 12... John Hancock's birthday and Led Zeppelin's 1st album released (we could all rock out to a song on it). Anyone else have any thoughts?

acmegeek
12-20-2007, 04:21 AM
OK, new thread with some basic site updates... and a basic logo idea... (modification of what I had before)

I'm totally open to ideas!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61065

http://www.ronrox.com/ron_rox_boogie.jpg (http://www.RonRox.com)

www.RonRox.com (http://www.RonRox.com)

dan new zealand
12-20-2007, 04:44 AM
Looks fantastic! Alrighty...lets get the ideas flowing. Sam, I'll send you a PM...folks please throw any ideas into the hat...we are on the way!

shida
12-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Bump

robert4rp08
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
haha that's a great idea. like the video clip too. looked like a fun time

dan new zealand
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes no injuries reported here..I've been pulled from the earthquake job which means i have som etime today to spend on the GLOBAL BOOGIE! =) I can't wait to see what happens with this =)