PDA

View Full Version : I like the forums better at night...

adwads
12-18-2007, 11:55 PM
A little less crowded--can get some real discussion going. Anybody notice lately how you can't address a topic thorougly at all because the forums are too crowded?

And there's tons of trolls now posting crap that doesn't help anything. I think we've been infiltrated...

adpierce
12-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Trolls??? Really I haven't seen any, sometimes people get all overzealous in calling people a troll. They jump to conclusions based off a sentence that was misunderstood. I think too many here are way too sensitive to criticism... even constructive criticism which is really what we need a lot of.

robskicks
12-19-2007, 12:07 AM
sounds like something a troll would say...

Politicallore
12-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Robskicks is right...
TROLL!!!

Buzz
12-19-2007, 12:09 AM
A little less crowded--can get some real discussion going. Anybody notice lately how you can't address a topic thorougly at all because the forums are too crowded?

Yeah. You can actually post in a thread, come back five minutes later to see if you got any responses, and the thread won't be buried somewhere 10 pages along.

mokkan88
12-19-2007, 12:09 AM
They just need more forums. A single forum for generalized grassroots discussion is not the best idea for a grassroots campaign.

pacelli
12-19-2007, 12:10 AM

And there's tons of trolls now posting crap that doesn't help anything. I think we've been infiltrated...

Yeah. I just think that this sub-forum Grassroots Central is a wild collection of ideas, arguments, trolls, planning. Yikes. I can sit here all day, click refresh every 10 minutes, and there is a completely new page of posts with several threads in each post.

I think we still have an opportunity to influence the infiltrators, but it is annoying. I'd like to see some more heavy moderation at the obvious troll threads, it is very crowded during the day.

I'm also getting tired of people posting crap just to boost their post count. Typical infiltrator tactic.

RPFTW!
12-19-2007, 12:11 AM
I prefer morning myself

robskicks
12-19-2007, 12:12 AM
So should they make a special forum for trolls?

cien750hp
12-19-2007, 12:12 AM
i say: any time's a great time for ron paul!

dirknb@hotmail.com
12-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah. You can actually post in a thread, come back five minutes later to see if you got any responses, and the thread won't be buried somewhere 10 pages along.

I think that it's at least encouraging that there are so many people active on here.

LFOD
12-19-2007, 12:15 AM
I was thinking today it's getting pretty messy around here. Good opportunity to take advantage of the subforums.

robskicks
12-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Definatley encouraging but lets put those thousand forum viewers to use, if not wats the point?

HazardPerry
12-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah...I was wondering if it was just me or were there alot of new viewers and members. Nothing against newbies, by all means welcome aboard, but the page loads have been somewhat slow and the forums going at a pretty fast clip lately. It's encouraging, at least!

adwads
12-19-2007, 12:35 AM
There should be a special section for trolls, call it something like "Visitor's Debate Center" :)

VRP08
12-19-2007, 12:37 AM
and it's not going to stop growing anytime soon!

phoenixrising
12-19-2007, 01:02 AM
personally......it's getting pretty OLD w/the huckapoo threads--can we get back to business here soon? I USED to come out here & score tremendously on the intelligent links..........FABULOUS data/info........now i can't find what was important amidst the muck of huckapoo.........just remember....google search his name & CURRENTLY...we're only ADDING to his searches ---DUH?????????????

amonasro
12-19-2007, 01:03 AM
I think the Grassroots forum will have to be split eventually. More sub-forums? How are we going to deal with the influx of new members after he starts winning primaries?

adwads
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
I think its just that Huckabee pisses all of us off. He's such a stooge compared to our guy RP. It's painful to even watch Huckabee. It's insulting to RP that THAT is his competition. That is why there are so many threads...

phoenixrising
12-19-2007, 01:25 AM
soooooooo let's just get the mods to create a huckapoo sub forum! no problemo :)

Corydoras
12-19-2007, 08:26 PM
You can actually post in a thread, come back five minutes later to see if you got any responses, and the thread won't be buried somewhere 10 pages along.

Yes, that's why I like it better at night, too.