PDA

View Full Version : Houston Meetup DEFIES THE FED on July 4th!

AZ Libertarian
07-07-2007, 01:29 PM
This was sent to me from Alex Wallenwein with the World Wide RON PAUL 2008 Organizers' Meetup.

Watch this awesome YouTube video from one of our members:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdo-cnoY7Z4

One "Federal Reserve Police" officer claimed we could not pass out fliers on the sidewalk in front of their building because it is "government property". Our guys told him the Fed is a PRIVATE banking conglomerate, not a government institution. He left.

Alex

LastoftheMohicans
07-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I know it's popular to view the Fed as a private institution but I think that view is a little inaccurate. The Fed Chairman and the board of Governors are approved by the Senate. It's basically a government protected cartel.

kylejack
07-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I know it's popular to view the Fed as a private institution but I think that view is a little inaccurate. The Fed Chairman and the board of Governors are approved by the Senate. It's basically a government protected cartel.

It can't be denied that Federal Reserve property does not belong to the government, though. Which is the point they made.

austin356
07-07-2007, 02:21 PM

Government protected cartel is right. But, the President doesn't really pick who he wants to be Chairman. He selects a person out of a list made out by the FED and its owners.

So what that means is that basically the selection is just to make the people and the government think they have real control over the body since they get to pick the leader. Hell most of the Senate probably does not even know the President does not pick anyone he wants.

kylejack
07-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Its pretty amazing to me that Alan Greenspan was able to take control at the Fed, given his past statements. As I see it, he saw himself as an operative who infiltrated the system to try as hard as possible to keep fiat currency from destroying America.

ThePieSwindler
07-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Its pretty amazing to me that Alan Greenspan was able to take control at the Fed, given his past statements. As I see it, he saw himself as an operative who infiltrated the system to try as hard as possible to keep fiat currency from destroying America.

Or perhaps the Fed and central banks converted him?

kylejack
07-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Or perhaps the Fed and central banks converted him?

I don't really think so. I think he certainly toned himself down to be more palatable to the Fed guys, but he was able to maintain his chair for 19 years, which is a feat itself. While he was in, I think he did the best job he could of constraining deficit spending, and I think a different Chairman would have been an operative for the President, allowing far worse things to happen. The Federal Reserve Chairman that preceded Greenspan, for example, presided over the economic nightmare that was the late 70s and early 80s.

quickmike
07-07-2007, 02:44 PM
The Federal Reserve is about as federal as Federal Express........... which is very little.

austin356
07-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I don't really think so. I think he certainly toned himself down to be more palatable to the Fed guys, but he was able to maintain his chair for 19 years, which is a feat itself. While he was in, I think he did the best job he could of constraining deficit spending, and I think a different Chairman would have been an operative for the President, allowing far worse things to happen. The Federal Reserve Chairman that preceded Greenspan, for example, presided over the economic nightmare that was the late 70s and early 80s.

He was after Volcker who came in at the end of the Carter Admin.

It was Miller and Burns who pumped out the great inflation......... (speaking in very very simple terms here, its much more complicated)