PDA

View Full Version : The Road to Serfdom: Text and Documents--The Definitive Edition (Collected Works of F

0zzy
12-18-2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=61-9780226320540-1

I bought this! :O gonna have a good read this Christmas break, eh?!

SpicyItalian739
12-18-2007, 11:48 PM
I just finished The Road to Serfdom and Ron Paul's A Foreign Policy of Freedom... Now I begin Atlas Shrugged... why didn't the public school system ever introduce me to these kind of books? lol

Enjoy it though... The Road to Serfdom opened my eyes

markj
12-19-2007, 04:25 AM
Reading The Road to Serfdom now with Ron Paul's A Foreign Policy of Freedom on deck.

The Road to Serfdom should be required high school reading.

BuddyRey
12-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Nice! I haven't read "Road to Serfdom" yet (checked it out from the library once and never got the chance to read it), but I have dropped a gift-hint to my folks, along with Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson." Hopefully, I'll get lucky and receive a primo economics education for Christmas! :D

0zzy
12-19-2007, 06:41 PM
You guys think I really got the "definitive edition"? :)

Fox McCloud
12-19-2007, 07:02 PM
heaven forbid the Free Market return, create far far less poor people, and instill the Libertarian philosophy in our young children!! Heaven forbid!!.

The public school system just sickens me; they're indoctrination centers, and nothing more.

0zzy
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
heaven forbid the Free Market return, create far far less poor people, and instill the Libertarian philosophy in our young children!! Heaven forbid!!.

The public school system just sickens me; they're indoctrination centers, and nothing more.

What I learned in US Government today:

"The draft is legal, it's not involuntary solitude."
"It's illegal to not register for the draft"
"The 2nd amendment was for minutemen, we don't have those anymore, no one needs guns."
"The patriot act is bad" *phew*!
"No one protested the patriot act when it was in Congress" *aw*
"It's illegal to be communist and burn draft cards."
"Do you think it should be illegal to be communist and do that? "Yes""
"It's illegal to be apart of a group that wants to overthrow the government."
"Roe vs Wade was about a women's right to choose her own medical procedures, which included abortion."

etcetc