PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist motives - Europe

Jason T
12-18-2007, 11:30 PM
During the Glenn Beck interview tonight, Ron Paul said he he agrees there are Muslim-extremists who are out there who simply desire to destroy western culture, but the recruiting point is the west's interventionist strategy. In other words, what terrorists lack in sheer power they make up for in determination, but that determination is only there because of how the west handles the middle east.

--------

Perhaps it would be a good idea to examine the motives behind terrorist attacks that happen in Europe, to apply Ron Paul's theory that "An interventionist foreign policy motivates terrorists" to attacks beyond just 9/11.

1) Madrid bombing

A Moroccan terrorist groups bombs a train station three days before their general election. Many people in Spain felt that it was because of Spain's support of the "War on Terror," therefore proceeded to elect the PSOE into office to get their troops out of Iraq. I'm not sure if there an video made by the group or anything.

There were Spanish troops in Iraq at the time of the bombing.

2) Theo Van Gogh murder / Holland

Theo Van Gogh made a film disgraceful towards Islamic culture and was murdered by a Moroccan member of a Dutch terrorist cell. The murderer attached a hit list to the body.

Another member of that group explained the groups motives here:

play at 1:10ish
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oaMsW-0ltOM&feature=related

There were dutch troops in Iraq at the time of the murder.

3) London Bombings

I honestly know little about this event, but given England's foreign policy, I'm sure it had something to do with it.

There were British troops in Iraq at the time of the bombing.

---------------------------------------------

As you can see, this is very undeveloped. If people think this is a good idea I'll look more into it.

But first, does anyone know of any other post 9/11 Muslim terrorist attacks in Europe? If so, were any of the attacks carried out in a country that didn't have troops in Iraq at the time of the incident?

CanadianPasserby
12-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Here's a 2:33 minute Youtube video (816,035 views) of Osama Bin Laden on 9/11. Not Europe specific, but can inform the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dls5JTD-uG0

Interestingly, the video was posted almost a year ago, but adding comments was disabled just 6 days ago (at a final count of 7,595).

Peace.