PDA

View Full Version : Our Best Chance to Millions without much effort- Please Read!

hellsingfan
12-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Okay,

NOTE: You don't have to be Muslim to do this!!!

There are millions of Muslims in America, and their special holiday (Eid) is coming in couple of days. Thousands will gather to pray in a single place. For example here in Seattle prayers are held in convention halls and other halls, attendance is usually in thousands. So contact your local mosque ask them where they are holding it and then all you need to do is make 5 Large signs and stand out side.

1. End the Iraq War

2. Don't Interfere with Middle East Countries

3. No Support to Israel

4. Bring back Troops from Saudi Arabia and other Muslim Countries

5. Vote For Ron Paul 2008 President

Chicago has one of the Largest populations of Muslims, they have a huge mosque up there, if anybody is around that area, then you MUST do this. I don't know about Iowa and New Hampshire but please please do this. Muslims definitely will vote for Ron Paul. These 5 boards will win any Muslim because these are the most important points to them.

Please, you don't have to be Muslim to stand outside, please do this. The conversion rate will be high, I'm postive.

This coming holiday is the best day to aim for Muslims, because they all gather for the prayer. So in each community you'll find most of them in 1 place!!! This is our best most efficient chance to reach them, don't miss it.

You don't have to be Muslim to do this!!!

PimpBlimp
12-18-2007, 11:13 PM
I imagine Muslims should be Ron Paul's largest minority group as he wants to pull out of the Holy land and stop supporting Israel.

We should capitalize on this and make a good flyer.

scbissler
12-18-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure politicking them as they gather for a special day is very respectful and may not garner the response you believe it will.

RPFTW!
12-18-2007, 11:15 PM
but if we just conventiently left the signs out in the open so they all could see it then they wouldn't realize it was intentional

Silverback
12-18-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't believe actively seeking the Islamic vote in that way is going to be productive, it's too easy for the opposition to turn it into an attack.

For every vote you get you'll lose two.

The message is getting out, there's no need to specifically target that group.

We need to be smart about this.

ChristopherBearkat
12-18-2007, 11:26 PM
It would annoy me if I was being campaigned to on the way to the Sunday service.... I'd be mindful

rollingpig
12-18-2007, 11:27 PM
hmm...not sure about this. they are pretty religious, unlike us just showing up at church. :D

scbissler
12-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Hamadeh is doing a pretty darn good job getting the meassage out to the Muslim communities. I'd find out what he thinks of this idea first.

hellsingfan
12-18-2007, 11:36 PM
First of all I'm a Muslim too, so I wouldn't have suggested this if I wasn't sure. BTW I'm not asking people to canvass or actually talk to anybody. I'm just asking to just have the signs there. You don't have to be standing there! I'm not asking to hand out flyers either.

Just have signs there. Thats all I'm saying. No need to wave signs or anything like that.

BTW AFTER the prayer, there are people outside that hand out flyers, there is nothing wrong with it. Don't think Muslims get outraged of everything, they get outraged for very serious reasons. You may not think that the cartoons about the prophet are serious, but in our religion the prophet is most loved. Even those who don't practice faithfully get pissed off if it is about the prophet.

Don't worry too much, you just have to be outside with signs. Or if you really want to be careful then know when the prayer will END, and then bring out the signs. I've been to many of these, as I'm a Muslim, and after the prayer there are people handing out fliers for many things. I'm not asking you to piss them off by saying anything, just have a sign there for them to see.

Hope this clearifies my suggestion

hellsingfan
12-18-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't believe actively seeking the Islamic vote in that way is going to be productive, it's too easy for the opposition to turn it into an attack.

For every vote you get you'll lose two.

The message is getting out, there's no need to specifically target that group.

We need to be smart about this.

You may be right, but I think mostly likely you are wrong. But whatever my opinion is regardless.

If canvassing for Muslim votes was such a bad idea then Ron Paul wouldn't have been the ONLY candidate (if I remember correctly) to have gone to the Arab-American conference and given a speech there!

And I don't think there is any candidate who is going to attack Ron Paul by saying "look he has muslim supporters" You know what this implies, that the attacker thinks all muslims are terrorist. If anything THAT will make muslims mad! At least I'd be pissed

rollingpig
12-18-2007, 11:59 PM
First of all I'm a Muslim too, so I wouldn't have suggested this if I wasn't sure. BTW I'm not asking people to canvass or actually talk to anybody. I'm just asking to just have the signs there. You don't have to be standing there! I'm not asking to hand out flyers either.

Just have signs there. Thats all I'm saying. No need to wave signs or anything like that.

BTW AFTER the prayer, there are people outside that hand out flyers, there is nothing wrong with it. Don't think Muslims get outraged of everything, they get outraged for very serious reasons. You may not think that the cartoons about the prophet are serious, but in our religion the prophet is most loved. Even those who don't practice faithfully get pissed off if it is about the prophet.

Don't worry too much, you just have to be outside with signs. Or if you really want to be careful then know when the prayer will END, and then bring out the signs. I've been to many of these, as I'm a Muslim, and after the prayer there are people handing out fliers for many things. I'm not asking you to piss them off by saying anything, just have a sign there for them to see.

Hope this clearifies my suggestion

thanks for clearing that up. let's do it then!!

hawkeyenick
12-19-2007, 12:07 AM
I imagine Muslims should be Ron Paul's largest minority group as he wants to pull out of the Holy land and stop supporting Israel.

We should capitalize on this and make a good flyer.

Don't forget that they are almost completely conservative...he's their only choice

They are rampant in Iowa City...Muslim ron paul supporters that is

HazardPerry
12-19-2007, 12:16 AM
I am a Muslim as well and I must say that Ron Paul is the only candidate who people have taken seriously, at least in my religious community. Iraq and Iran are big, as well as support (or lack thereof) to Israel, but what really sets the hook is his stance on civil liberties. I've said this before but it bears repeating: Muslims see themselves as being on the top of the list as far as domestic surveillance, USA PATRIOT Act, unlawful search/seizure, unlawful detainment, etc. Even if there have been relatively few incidents of Muslims being targeted, there is a strong sentiment that many of these policies are directed, or will eventually be directed, towards them. I remember I became a true Muslim right after 9/11 ... yeah brilliant timing :rolleyes: I had everybody, peers, teachers, family, telling me just exactly what special sort of scum I was.

Back then, if you were Muslim parent, you wrapped your kid up in as many American flags as you could find and prayed to God that the CIA didn't bust your door in. Things have quieted down a bit, but the unease remains. This is what really, really sells Ron Paul to Muslims, I've found. Most Muslims do take their religion seriously, but not nearly as seriously as most Americans think. Most are extremely proud to be American citizens, and are eager to listen to the "real America" that Ron Paul talks about. In general they are very cosmopolitan, and very interested in politics. There should be no problem doing a bit of light campaigning after Eid services, especially if you were at the service anyway. Most will be interested and thankful for your insight. Eid is tomorrow and I'm packing slim-jims and liberty cards for all! :D

Eid Mubarak to any Muslims out there in forum-land!

hellsingfan
12-19-2007, 03:18 AM
Eid Mubarak to any Muslims out there in forum-land!

Eid Mubarak (to those who don't know what this means: it's like Merry Christmas)

TwiLeXia
12-19-2007, 03:44 AM
ok i live in NYC, i will try to see if i can help.

the meetup groups should definitely try to organize this, create huge posters or small fliers, either one is fine.

shasshas
12-19-2007, 05:15 AM
im a muslim too

this is a good idea. we're a very polite quiet intellectual people so if you stand outside and politely answer questions many will be delighted to learn from you.

DaneKirk
12-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Okay,

NOTE: You don't have to be Muslim to do this!!!

There are millions of Muslims in America, and their special holiday (Eid) is coming in couple of days. Thousands will gather to pray in a single place. For example here in Seattle prayers are held in convention halls and other halls, attendance is usually in thousands. So contact your local mosque ask them where they are holding it and then all you need to do is make 5 Large signs and stand out side.

1. End the Iraq War

2. Don't Interfere with Middle East Countries

3. No Support to Israel

4. Bring back Troops from Saudi Arabia and other Muslim Countries

5. Vote For Ron Paul 2008 President

Chicago has one of the Largest populations of Muslims, they have a huge mosque up there, if anybody is around that area, then you MUST do this. I don't know about Iowa and New Hampshire but please please do this. Muslims definitely will vote for Ron Paul. These 5 boards will win any Muslim because these are the most important points to them.

Please, you don't have to be Muslim to stand outside, please do this. The conversion rate will be high, I'm postive.

This coming holiday is the best day to aim for Muslims, because they all gather for the prayer. So in each community you'll find most of them in 1 place!!! This is our best most efficient chance to reach them, don't miss it.

You don't have to be Muslim to do this!!!

We are not in Saudi anymore. Prince Sultan Air Base is no longer a stop for us. If it was then I would know because I fly around in this part of the world on a daily basis. As a matter of fact I was on the crew that took Condi and the upper echelons of the State Dept into Iraq yesterday. Ron Paul supporters are everywhere!

I'm not sure politicking them as they gather for a special day is very respectful and may not garner the response you believe it will.

I agree, they may threaten to cut your head off.

voytechs
12-19-2007, 05:44 AM
The worst that can happen is they may ask you to leave. I'll post this to my meetup, we got a lot more active in the last few weeks and we're dying for more audience.

pikerz
12-19-2007, 05:57 AM
http://us.singlemuslim.com/register.php?gclid=COXR9JaltJACFRGCGgodZxvDMA

maybe you could find a pretty single muslim girl who supports RP and have her post some personals. garaunteed to get tons of hits.

Cyclone
12-19-2007, 06:49 AM
This doesn't seem like a good idea to me. But I don't know so I am only going to throw in my reasons why I think it is bad:

1. It is taking advantage of people during a very religious holiday. I can't see how we wouldn't appear intrusive.

2. It makes us look like sleazy opportunists who have no respect for people's time of worship.

3. It makes it look like we are pandering to the Muslims at the expense of the Jews. Clearly picking one side over the other. You might offend an awful lot of Muslims and Jews.

4. Can't you find a better time to hit this group? Would you line up in the back row of a baptism with dozens of Ron Paul signs? This just seems wrong somehow.

5. I think you will anger 5 people for every 1 you might interest.

I don't know if any of these concepts are correct. I could be wrong. But that is what comes to my mind. I suppose it depends on how religious a ceremony this is. The more religious, the more it might offend people.

Read this story the other day about a woman who was on line for Santa with her kids and Ron Paul supporters would not get out of her face with fliers and such. She put it quite well when she said, there are some times when you just don't want to talk about politics.

Could this be one of those times?

hellsingfan
12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I agree, they may threaten to cut your head off.

I think Islamophobia is getting to you, seriously:eek:

disciple
12-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I think Islamophobia is getting to you, seriously:eek:

I think it was sarcasm.

hellsingfan
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
This doesn't seem like a good idea to me. But I don't know so I am only going to throw in my reasons why I think it is bad:

1. It is taking advantage of people during a very religious holiday. I can't see how we wouldn't appear intrusive.

Not exactly. When you say "very religious holiday" you give me the impression that you think this is a day to pray all day or something. This is a holiday where you pray with everyone, that lasts about 1 hour, then all you do is whatever you want. Go to your job, enjoy the time with your family, or just go to sleep, playing games is an option :D

Its a pretty laid back holiday.

2. It makes us look like sleazy opportunists who have no respect for people's time of worship.

Not true, you aren't intruding in their prayer service, you are simply outside. If the prayer is out in the open, then don't put out the signs until they finish praying. Muslims are very interested in politics and they will never mind. Also like I said people after the prayer hand out flyers, and they are muslims! Why do we do this? Because like I said its a normal day, the holiday part is that you get to pray with a large community commemorating the end of the pilgrimage.

3. It makes it look like we are pandering to the Muslims at the expense of the Jews. Clearly picking one side over the other. You might offend an awful lot of Muslims and Jews.

Okay that sounds a bit true because of the "No support for Israel". But isn't that true. Anyways if you think that then don't make that sign! You don't have to call the whole thing off just cuz of 1 sign, if its a problem don't make that sign then, I think the solution is pretty simple.

4. Can't you find a better time to hit this group? Would you line up in the back row of a baptism with dozens of Ron Paul signs? This just seems wrong somehow.

No, and First of all whose said anything about standing inside a church, or whatever facility the prayer is to be taken place at. STAND OUTSIDE. Why not stand on the sidewalks or on road that they have to take to get to the place. Secondly like I said I don't want you to disturb them with their prayer or anything, so don't wave the signs, just put them there, and if you are too paranoid then brings the signs out AFTER the prayer, then you'll be like the rest who are handing out flyers.

5. I think you will anger 5 people for every 1 you might interest.

I think the opposite is true, and I'm don't even sure if even 1 will get angered.

I don't know if any of these concepts are correct. I could be wrong. But that is what comes to my mind. I suppose it depends on how religious a ceremony this is. The more religious, the more it might offend people.

And it ain't that religious. Its a normal day with an extra prayer that lasts about an hour. After the prayer you do what you want.

Read this story the other day about a woman who was on line for Santa with her kids and Ron Paul supporters would not get out of her face with fliers and such. She put it quite well when she said, there are some times when you just don't want to talk about politics.

Could this be one of those times?

Ya but look what happened, They were on her face, and anyways who the hell said anything about forcing people to talk to you. You DON'T have to sell Ron Paul to these guys by talking, they'll get sold just by looking at the signs, and then they'll research on their own time. That's why I said "without much effort" as part of the title.

Hopefully this clearifies your concerns

hellsingfan
12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I think it was sarcasm.

hope you're right