PDA

View Full Version : The Blimp still needs $120,000 by December 21st!!!

RCA
12-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Now that the Tea Party is over, we've GOT to finish funding the Blimp!

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

enjoiskaterguy
12-18-2007, 11:01 PM
yes we need to finish the blimp funds indeed...you need to put the website link up though so it motivates people to donate.

until he/she does this....here's the Ron Paul Blimp website. Just click!

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

Zero Ice
12-18-2007, 11:03 PM
I just donated $10. I hope it helps!

PimpBlimp
12-18-2007, 11:04 PM
The blimp had its second banner put on today and will start flying north tomorrow. Hopefully it will get to fly over some of the big cities and people will see that it actually has some worth as an advertisement and they will donate.

Until then, it is worthless.

Knightskye
12-18-2007, 11:06 PM
$120,000 in two days...

Does this need a chip-in? Should we have Trevor send an e-mail to the subscribers ($10 from each would keep it afloat)?

Ozwest
12-18-2007, 11:06 PM
The blimp people need to communicate with the grassroots.

Its been awful quiet.

idrake
12-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Based on the weather alone, I'm not sold. Sorry, it's a great idea, but the weather has been killer.

Ronin
12-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Check the blimp forums. There are updates there. Also, I think they updated the blog. Leaving for D.C. in the morning.

kill the banks
12-18-2007, 11:13 PM
look help this effort ,,, it' s genius & will be well worth it !

kill the banks

walt
12-18-2007, 11:14 PM
The organizers have not responded to PMs about suggestions in the past week. Until that changes, I'm out.

rory096
12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Based on the weather alone, I'm not sold. Sorry, it's a great idea, but the weather has been killer.
It's been bad recently, but it seems to be getting better (looks like only 2 out of the next 15 days will have rain/snow here in the northeast, and those are far in the future so they could change), and now Paul has a ton of momentum from the Tea Party and surrounding interviews, the Glenn Beck interview and the upcoming Meet the Press interview. This is the perfect time for the blimp to be effective.

ronpaulyourmom
12-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I just don't see how we'll get a whole lot of steam out of it from here, and then there's the weather aspect too.

If I donate it'll probably be to OperationNH.

ronpaulfan
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Am I to understand we paid $280,000 so far just to have it in the air for 2 days so far?

Blimp people need to f***ing earn some of our trust back.

hellah10
12-18-2007, 11:23 PM
i put in $25... things really need to change though - at least get this sucker to New Hampshire

OferNave
12-18-2007, 11:34 PM
I think more people will be motivated tomorrow when it flies with both banners. Let's hope so.

Pete Kay
12-18-2007, 11:35 PM
The blimp flew over my city and I had no idea that it was coming. It would have been nice and expected that they would have emailed the people that actually sent money tp let us know that they had changed flight plans. I live in a major city and did not hear a word about the blimp in the news. Wasn't that supposed to be Trevor's job? Where's the coordination? Why wasn't my meetup notified? Where's the video that they have two paid videographers filming? I really want to support the blimp, but it's not looking like it was even worth the money spent.

McDermit
12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
blimp flop

Cleaner44
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
We need better communication from the blimp. I am for continueing to fund the blimp.

Revolutn
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
The blimp has been a major disappointment in production thus far.

The organizers are being too silent, not communicating enough, and not 'working' the media angles enough.

We got most of the press outta the blimp BEFORE it launched just on the grounds that it WOULD.

Maybe it just needs to stay more southernly and get some solid EXPOSURE for us.....

I'm not writing it off completely...but I am extremely bummed with it's lack of performance to date.

I need to see some results before getting psyched up about it again.

Whatintheworldisthat
12-18-2007, 11:44 PM
blimp!

PimpBlimp
12-18-2007, 11:56 PM
bump

kutibah
12-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Bump

pacelli
12-19-2007, 12:04 AM
I know all of us were calling from the ground on launch day, when the blimp organizers were in the air. It took awhile for the media to pick up on it.

When it flew over Raleigh, I logged in to see if I had any emails. Then I checked the blimp site and the flightplan. I saw 12:00 Raleigh. So I got my things together to hand out to people and went to Raleigh. I caught the blimp as it did a circle around the city, but couldn't find parking in time. I drove through at lunchtime but I didn't see any other Ron Paul signs other than the ones on my vehicle.

One suggestion I have (not sure if some meetups are already doing this) is for meetups to hand out slimjims and hold up signs when the blimp is circling their city. There is a great opportunity when the blimp goes over a city. It provides a tangible "right now" reason for people to receive a slimjim. People who don't use the computer might not know about google :)

Mckarnin
12-19-2007, 12:07 AM
The blimp has been a major disappointment in production thus far.

The organizers are being too silent, not communicating enough, and not 'working' the media angles enough.

We got most of the press outta the blimp BEFORE it launched just on the grounds that it WOULD.

Maybe it just needs to stay more southernly and get some solid EXPOSURE for us.....

I'm not writing it off completely...but I am extremely bummed with it's lack of performance to date.

I need to see some results before getting psyched up about it again.

We plan to head south in a little over a week but right now we are trying to get up to NH before the primaries and before the weather up there gets even worse. Even with one month of funding we should have close to 2 weeks for another run through SC, GA and FL. If we get funded past one-month we can hit more states in the south and perhaps head north again.

JoeySweets
12-19-2007, 12:08 AM
I don't think the blimp has been worth the funds so far,

we've only got 1 news story on the blimp,, because it hasn't been FLYING!!!!!!!!1

Mckarnin
12-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Am I to understand we paid $280,000 so far just to have it in the air for 2 days so far?

Blimp people need to f***ing earn some of our trust back.

No, the first $200,000 was the down payment. The next $175,000 (which takes us to $375,000) pays the blimp company for the full first month. The next $25,000 pays our lawyers, administrative costs and lets us start getting extras like balloons, t-shirts, media packets and perhaps a paid lead person who can go a day ahead of the blimp to organize things.

Valis33
12-19-2007, 12:11 AM
I have no donated to the blimp yet.

What have we gotten out of the first $280,000. Has it really only been in the air for 6 days? I've seen no press coverage at all on the blimp.

I think it's a good idea, but it needs more coordination.

Valis33
12-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the info :)

No, the first $200,000 was the down payment. The next $175,000 (which takes us to $375,000) pays the blimp company for the full first month. The next $25,000 pays our lawyers, administrative costs and lets us start getting extras like balloons, t-shirts, media packets and perhaps a paid lead person who can go a day ahead of the blimp to organize things.

Mckarnin
12-19-2007, 12:14 AM
I don't think the blimp has been worth the funds so far,

we've only got 1 news story on the blimp,, because it hasn't been FLYING!!!!!!!!1

We have had substantially more than one news story. CNN has mentioned the blimp 3 times on air, Tucker Carlson covered the blimp, the AP picked up a couple press releases on the blimp, The McNeil Lehrer News hour blog did a piece on the blimp. If you go to our blog and look at the "blimpin the news" section you'll see a lot of articles, many of which are just about Ron Paul but others that mention the blimp or are completely dedicated to the blimp.

http://ondecember16th.com/archives/category/in-the-news

AceNZ
12-19-2007, 12:15 AM
The people running the blimp seem like they've gone off in their own direction, and don't care about what the grassroots have to say. Private for-profit advertising company, high-priced lawyers, drawing salaries for themselves, not planning for bad weather, very little communication or discussion, not listening to sane advice about route planning, etc, etc.

Seems like a disaster to me.

iloveronpaul
12-19-2007, 12:25 AM
bump

PimpBlimp
12-19-2007, 12:29 AM
I say the blimp's only chance is flying over DC and Baltimore and getting a lot of press. I don't see any other way to raise the money in time.

daviddee
12-19-2007, 12:33 AM

PimpBlimp
12-19-2007, 06:37 PM
bump