Just saw this on the blimp site...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upGACVolIFQ

Cool!

markj
12-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Blimp!

PRIEST
12-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I hope the blimp stays in the air. Fundraising not looking good.

LibertyForAll
12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Awesome!

Lucid American
12-18-2007, 10:44 PM
SWEET!

Now, was that soooo hard? ;)

LibertyForAll
12-19-2007, 12:39 AM
blimpity!

michael.byrne
12-19-2007, 12:57 AM
For a paid work ??

eric_cartman
12-19-2007, 01:19 AM
that video was awesome!

the image of the banner being plastered onto the side of the blimp is priceless. when you combine that with clips from other grass roots efforts, it's amazing! i love watching the ron paul r3VOLution signs pop up everywhere.

it would be great to get some high quality blimp shots of the take off with the new banner. and some good shots of it over a major city, as well as filming some genuine reactions to the blimp.

to be honest, the "who is ron paul... google ron paul" banner is a graphic design nightmare. it would actually be difficult to come up with a worse design. so thank god they finally got a good banner up there so that this footage can be used in ron paul videos and videos and picture in main stream media articles.

let's hope that the weather holds out so that this banner can be seen over major cities. it would be a shame if the blimp project had to be shut down because there wasn't enough money to keep it flying. but if the weather remains bad and the blimp doesn't fly... no one is going to donate to a blimp that is sitting on the ground.

to be honest, the banners should have been the first thing that was done, not the last. as soon as the first donations came in, that money should have been spent on the banners. there really is no excuse for having the banner on this late. and also, even if only one banner was made in time, they picked the worst looking banner on the planet. because even if the blimp didn't raise enough money, the banners would still have been a good use for the money that had come in. i know it's a lot of work to get the whole blimp project off the ground, and i appreciate the hard work by the blimp team... but honestly, it is sheer stupidity that the "who is ron paul... google ron paul" banner was the only banner on there for the launch. it made the blimp look so tacky. if you had the ron paul revolution banner on there from the start... and then the other side of the blimp, have it look like the ron paul lawn signs.

the blimp staff has been pretty good about listening to the considerations of others... so hopefully they will realize that if they want the blimp project to succeed, they need to replace the "who is ron paul banner... google ron paul" banner and then get some good video footage of the blimp over a major city.

if you get some good pictures and video footage of a good looking blimp over a major city... then that will be excellent. so hopefully the blimp project people will make this happen so that the blimp can stay in the air.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-19-2007, 04:28 AM
The blimp company paid for and arranged the banner with their usual supplier. We did not pay them so there seems to be no waiting for money and they probably were on credit terms with them.

Maybe they were waiting on the graphics or the fabric to come in but it doesn't seem to be money I think.

I think the banners are good. We need a clear message not a cool image like some blimp decorations I have seen.