PDA

View Full Version : Iowa GOP poll

Kandilynn
05-19-2007, 11:29 PM
He's not doing very well. What do you think we can do to target people in Iowa from the internet?

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070519/NEWS/70519027/1001/NEWS11

Phil M
05-19-2007, 11:46 PM
If John Cox can get one percent... I think that in the long run this poll doesn't matter much and doesn't reflect the trends in the campaign. Ron really should be concentrating on Iowa, though; I remember seeing a poll once where it said that 52% of Iowa Republicans favored getting out of Iraq in six months.

lbadragan
05-19-2007, 11:53 PM
If John Cox can get one percent... I think that in the long run this poll doesn't matter much and doesn't reflect the trends in the campaign. Ron really should be concentrating on Iowa, though; I remember seeing a poll once where it said that 52% of Iowa Republicans favored getting out of Iraq in six months. Paul's not even at 1%. :( :mad:

tnvoter
05-19-2007, 11:56 PM
don't worry yourself over a lot of the polls, I hadn't even heard of ron paul myself until a couple of weeks ago, as with a lot of us.

We have to focus on getting the info out, stickers, yard signs, donations, asap

AlexAmore
05-20-2007, 12:14 AM
don't worry yourself over a lot of the polls, I hadn't even heard of ron paul myself until a couple of weeks ago, as with a lot of us.

We have to focus on getting the info out, stickers, yard signs, donations, asap

Good point. Any polls before the last Republican debate won't be as accurate as Ron Paul has gotten tons of attention since then. So then you have to factor in people who need to educate themselves for a while to really understand stuff.

kylejack
05-20-2007, 12:19 AM
He's not doing very well. What do you think we can do to target people in Iowa from the internet?

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070519/NEWS/70519027/1001/NEWS11

To steal a phrase from Sean Hannity, let not your heart be troubled.

"The Iowa Poll, taken May 12-16, has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points. During the polling period, Republican presidential candidates took part in a nationally televised debate, the second of the year."

The poll was mostly conducted before the second debate, which is when his publicity went through the roof.

Kandilynn
05-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I wrote an e-mail to everyone who is signed up saying they want a Ron Paul meetup group near Des Moines. This is what it say:

Hi,
I'm actually in Virginia, but I just noticed that there were no meetup groups in Iowa. I was wondering why considering that there are 8 people interested so close together.

So, I am offering to pay the sign up fee and start the meetup group if someone there will volunteer to organize it. I know it's really important to get some support in Iowa if we want Ron Paul to win.

Also, I wanted to let you know that you can join www.ronpaulforums.com and we can help you out on getting flyers and information to pass out.

Write me back at kandilynn@gmail.com if you want to organize the group.

Thanks,
Kandice

So, what do you guys think?

tnvoter
05-20-2007, 01:37 AM
I wrote an e-mail to everyone who is signed up saying they want a Ron Paul meetup group near Des Moines. This is what it say:

Hi,
I'm actually in Virginia, but I just noticed that there were no meetup groups in Iowa. I was wondering why considering that there are 8 people interested so close together.

So, I am offering to pay the sign up fee and start the meetup group if someone there will volunteer to organize it. I know it's really important to get some support in Iowa if we want Ron Paul to win.

Also, I wanted to let you know that you can join www.ronpaulforums.com and we can help you out on getting flyers and information to pass out.

Write me back at kandilynn@gmail.com if you want to organize the group.

Thanks,
Kandice

So, what do you guys think?

looks great!

mrapathy
05-20-2007, 02:36 AM
check out the poll here this is from Iowa State University in Ames Iowa
30 miles north of Des Moines. where Ron Paul gave his speech on restoring the constitution. Ron Paul has kicked ass consistently with some 400+ votes blowing others out of the water.

http://cycloneconservatives.blogspot.com/

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-20-2007, 05:58 AM
I'm in MN and we should get our handful of rabid RP supporters to organize a trip to Iowa. Maybe we can get some of those Ron Paul rEVOLution signs up on overpasses around Des Moines.

Who here from MN, SD, WI or anywhere else close would be interested in putting a weekend into this?

Iowa is important. They still are first in the nation, albeit with caucuses intead of a primary.

Dave
05-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Dr. Paul may have finished 11th in the Iowa Poll, but it's only because Iowan's have not been exposed to his message. If you look at the same poll results on 'candidate impressions', 75% of Reps are 'unsure' about Ron Paul. Compare this to 5-13% for the Reps 'big' 3 and 3-4% for the Dems 'big' 3. The only candidates from either party with a higher 'unsure' rating are Gilmore and Cox.

Here are my other observations from this poll:

Romney is spending more time and money in Iowa than any other candidate - lots of radio, tv, and slick mailings. His traction is a result of his spending.

McCain has spent some time and money in Iowa while Giuliani has been rare. This is telling.

Thompson is from neighboring Wisconsin. He has spent some time here but I don't think he has much money to spend.

Brownback is from neighboring Kansas and has a nice organization on the ground. He spends tons of time here and has begun spending some notable money.

I can't explain Huckabee's high rating unless this is where the 'values voters' are looking (along with Brownback).

Tancredo has spent time here and done some radio ads. He even announced his candidacy here on WHO radio.

The unknown John Cox is focusing on Iowa and has spent time here and done some mailings and radio ads. He's been locked out of the debates.

I don't know anything to comment about Hunter and Gilmore - they haven't hit my radar.

tnvoter
05-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Surely the official campaign knows this, we need to keep the donations and fundraising coming in. Anyone know any Iowans? lol

sweetmusicj
05-20-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm in MN and we should get our handful of rabid RP supporters to organize a trip to Iowa. Maybe we can get some of those Ron Paul rEVOLution signs up on overpasses around Des Moines.

Who here from MN, SD, WI or anywhere else close would be interested in putting a weekend into this?

Iowa is important. They still are first in the nation, albeit with caucuses intead of a primary.

Awesome, I'm also in MN (the cities).

I'd be up for something like that. We need to wake up those Iowans to the Ron Paul message!