PDA

View Full Version : RP response to replacing the income tax

Stealth4
12-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I wish we had a little more explanation on tarriffs, and other "acceptable" govt revenue sources.

I profoundly agree with smaller federal gov't but we have a huge debt so just balancing the budget and reducing the budget leaves us with a problem.

I understand the main point is cutting spending - and I agree but I think we'd sway a few more if RP could just expand a bit more concretely on alternate revenue sources for the gov't. (What would RP do).

ronpaulitician
12-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Bring our troops home, stop funding the empire.

Use the money to pay off our debts.

Once our debts are paid off, completely remove the income tax, and pay the federal budget with whatever other sources of income the federal tax currently has.

fedup100
12-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Should we get rid of the national debt, the debt will stop growing.

The federal reserve prints money on blank paper they got at office depot and charges the American people face value plus interest.

What part of that do you not understand. we are being screwed, blued and tatoo'd by the the Federal Reserve.......they must go and we will repay the whole national debt with one silver dollar and tell them to go to hell.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 08:31 PM
We don't need alternative revenue!

If we reduced our insanely huge military budget and closed many of the alphabet agencies we would not need the income tax!

FireofLiberty
12-18-2007, 08:33 PM
The way revenues used to be raised way back when was the federal government would basically "bill" the states their fair share for federal expenditures and then the states would either give them they money if they had it or raise taxes at state level as needed to raise the money.

Stealth4
12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
ok fine - I will rephrase the question.

What revenue sources does the gov't have that are major other than the income tax? Links welcome.

Richandler
12-18-2007, 08:42 PM
If you eliminate the income tax, the revenue is at the a same level it was in 2000. He stated that clearly.

ronpaulitician
12-18-2007, 08:44 PM
If you eliminate the income tax, the revenue is at the a same level it was in 2000. He stated that clearly.
1996-1997, I think. (Paul used the "2000" line before, but I think there must've been something wrong with that statement, because he now uses "10 years ago")

Doc Dewey
12-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I agree that the answer by Dr Paul would have been more effective
if he rattled off 6-10 taxes that would pay the bills after IRS is eliminated.

bobmurph
12-18-2007, 08:48 PM

What revenue sources does the gov't have that are major other than the income tax? Links welcome.

I agree. He should have done a better job at clearly explaining what the other souces of federal revenue would be under his leadership. He could have hit that question out of the park, but missed. I was left pondering, and I know his policy...can only imagine what it was like for the person uninformed on RP's policy.

FireofLiberty
12-18-2007, 08:51 PM

A little old, but should give you an idea:

http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/course/are012/lecture/lectur3/img035.GIF