PDA

View Full Version : You can praise this GLENN BECK all you want but it was a blantant

Falseflagop
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
piece to soften him up with softballs and then attack him and hope he cracked after becoming comfortable. Now what is up with those 9/11 questions? And the pimpin for Israel question? And the death threat youtube? Wasn't this the clown that called ALL RP SUPPORTERS TERRORISTS? I though RP handled them great. Its a good thing he knows how to punch back in a graceful way.

Good job DR. PAUL !! You did great. Beck is still a shill!

1913_to_2008
12-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah i don't know why every one wants to kiss his ass now.

Mister Grieves
12-18-2007, 08:16 PM

It's the third stage of battered wives syndrome.

Sad.

davidt!
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
It was inappropriate to discuss the death threat issue PERIOD.

rp08rp
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
thxxx

MadViking10
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
BS, It was a fair interview. I knew Beck was a decent American and going to be fair to Dr. Paul.

Falseflagop
12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
RP held his own. Why everyone is raving about this NEOCON is beyond me, the 9/11 question were out of line regardless of what your opinion is on the matter. The death threat one to infer what RP put a hit out on him? HUH?

Glad he got to say to end the income tax this was big!

Falseflagop
12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
BS, It was a fair interview. I knew Beck was a decent American and going to be fair to Dr. Paul.

But Media guy do not get paid 25 mil to spread truth! Remember that because RP would be the hero of Hannity and ORielly ! They get paid to lie for their puppet masters. Please see the light. All I can say was that it could have been way worse!

Menthol Patch
Praising Glen Beck is like praising George Bush.

0zzy
A FREE HOUR of interview. HOURS of airtime. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of viewers.

Ya, let's not thank him!

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
RP held his own. Why everyone is raving about this NEOCON is beyond me, the 9/11 question were out of line regardless of what your opinion is on the matter. The death threat one to infer what RP put a hit out on him? HUH?

Glad he got to say to end the income tax this was big!

I agree. He is a TOTAL neocon!

Proemio
12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
piece to soften him up with softballs and then attack him and hope he cracked after becoming comfortable. Now what is up with those 9/11 questions? And the pimpin for Israel question? And the death threat youtube? Wasn't this the clown that called ALL RP SUPPORTERS TERRORISTS? I though RP handled them great. Its a good thing he knows how to punch back in a graceful way.

We need a thread titled:
Money bomb for Glenn Beck - 1 Billion - tonight!!!!!!

What a blast. This was the biggest boiler-room operation I have ever seen, on any board, ever. Tripple thick, transparent and inept as always.

The 30 or so Glenn Beck Boosters are now free to rejoin regular scheeming at their various holding stations.

T'was fun, thank you, but we'll be back to normal in no time - sorry...

1913_to_2008
12-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Whatever the interview was good or bad why does everyone on this forum suddenly want to kiss his ass.

Mister Grieves is right...........It's battered wife syndrome.

We don't need to send him cookies or pay for his body guards or write him letters or any of that shit. Let him be happy with the good ratings for today.

AtomiC
12-18-2007, 08:24 PM
You guys are never happy are you???

Midnight77
12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Man, if you all can't handle Glenn Beck, I don't know how you're going to be able to handle Meet the Press. Tim Russert's show is nothing but hardball after hardball after hardball.

legion
get thee to the truther dungeon

traitorist
Mister Grieves is right...........It's battered wife syndrome.

agreed. that is a VERY astute observation. Kudos.

traitorist
12-18-2007, 08:26 PM
get thee to the truther dungeon

get thee to the hater dungeon.

knappz
A FREE HOUR of interview. HOURS of airtime. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of viewers.

Ya, let's not thank him!

ok, I'll thank him for not bringing up Ron Paul terrorist supporters and 9/11 conspiracies in the first segment....THANKS GLEN BECK!

Bertrand
You guys are ridiculous. Paul sounded so much more sensible on the whole Israel issue. The only strange thing was the 9/11 stuff and Paul came out looking good on that. It was a great opportunity for Paul. If anyone made this interview less than decent if was Dr. Paul who seemed sick, crabby and tired (not as though I can blame him).

N13
12-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I agree. He is a TOTAL neocon!

Did you get picked on too much when you were a little boy?

chandlerLBT
12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
he never called us terrorists, i emailed HQ asking for dr. paul to go on glenn beck, and this was an amazing hour given to dr. paul for FREE. this was wonderful. glenn beck is right on with us on many issues. it's not all black and white guys. i don't agree with ron on every single issue either, that does not make me the enemy.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Did you get picked on too much when you were a little boy?

I see we have another troll on here that thinks Glen Beck is a hero.

Why don't you just go and support Rudy or someone?

Derek
12-18-2007, 08:31 PM
If nothing else, can we just all stop calling each other trolls over the slightest things?

Matthew Zak
12-18-2007, 08:32 PM

damage control.

some people are going "too far".

For example:

You may have a point that people who go to church drive too slow on Sunday mornings, but you wouldn't do a shit-hook into a church parking lot and kick open the doors screaming through a megaphone that they should drive faster.

They wouldn't get the point.

Get the point?

knappz
12-18-2007, 08:32 PM
If nothing else, can we just all stop calling each other trolls over the slightest things?

+1

james1844
12-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I agree, totally uncool interview. Bringing up the death threats and 9/11 issue was bad manners.

MadViking10
12-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I see we have another troll on here that thinks Glen Beck is a hero.

Why don't you just go and support Rudy or someone?

Its a shame that even though someones on your ignore list you still have to read his crap when it gets guoted. :mad:

jesshwarren
12-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Beck still has proving to do.

slantedview
12-18-2007, 08:38 PM
i wouldn't necessarily call it a hit piece so much as i'd argue that some of the questions (9/11 and the stuff about the death thread) were lame and a waste of time.

but bottom line, it's glenn's show and he wants to ask that stuff, fine, so long as he is fair about letting ron respond. he was fair about allowing a response, so, it is what it is.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Its a shame that even though someones on your ignore list you still have to read his crap when it gets guoted. :mad:

Too bad!

I'm telling the TRUTH!

RSLudlum
12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I think the 9/11 questions were appropriate bc. there's still many out there that think that he believes the 9/11 was an 'inside job' or that we 'invited' the attacks. that's all they know of him with the exception our fundraising feats.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
The Glenn Beck interview seems to have brought them out of the woodwork. Did anyone else notice this?

legion
12-18-2007, 08:41 PM
The Glenn Beck interview seems to have brought them out of the woodwork. Did anyone else notice this?

they need to go back to the truther dungeon

FireofLiberty
12-18-2007, 08:42 PM
I thought the ENTIRE interview was very fair and I especially loved the part about Israel.

RSLudlum
12-18-2007, 08:43 PM
they need to go back to the truther dungeon

i second that

BTW, nice BR avatar legion

Bison
12-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Very fair interview. I'm sure Dr. Paul won over many people tonight.

icon124
12-18-2007, 08:44 PM
this forum has so many ppl that bitch and complain about everything...either way u look at it RP got a free hour of MSM....he even got 3 minutes at the end to talk about whatever he wanted to with no interruption....

what did u want Glenn Beck to do....get on the ground and praise him over and over for an hour....what he did was take those ppl that still were questionable about RP...who had similar questions that Beck asked...got them answered and brought in new supporters....now plz stop complaining.

sparebulb
Bleckt will attack RP and twist his words from tonight's interview within the next 24 hours. This guy is a bi-polar neocon hack.

Falseflagop
Alot of TROLLS out tonight pimpin for Beck? He called us terrorists now everything is a OK ?? Please stop the lovefeast with this NEOCON SHILL!

Richandler
12-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Glenn did not attack Paul. He attack a few rogue supporters. Some of which attend this board on a regular basis. You can tell which one because they are the ones still full of themselves after this interview.

Train
12-18-2007, 08:46 PM
I thought it would a pretty good piece. I didn't agree with the 9/11 questions and forcing the Dr. to answer them, but he did give Paul a good hour interview. How many times has Dr. Paul gotten to really talk about the issues and focus on them without a 30 second timer?

I think we should appreciate the time he gave Dr. Paul to get his message out, our message.

kotetu
12-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I very much appreciated it when Glen Beck clarified that those he sees as "domestic" threats are those who are illicitly using Ron Paul's name to forward their own agenda.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Alot of TROLLS out tonight pimpin for Beck? He called us terrorists now everything is a OK ?? Please stop the lovefeast with this NEOCON SHILL!

Would you please shut up. You're running around the forum trying to stir crap up. Why is that? Just chill out.

Matthew Zak
12-18-2007, 08:48 PM
What Glen did was prove a point.

Ironically, it's the SAME point he tried to make a month ago when he vaguely suggested that Ron Paul's supporters act like terrorists -- the hit piece that pissed us off so much.

His point is this:

Ron Paul stands no chance if the general public thinks he endorses conspiracy theories.

Ron Paul stands no chance if, in this "age" of terrorism, his supporters act that way.

Agree, or disagree?

I hate to say it, but we forced Glen Beck to do what we should have been doing all along -- and that is distancing ourselves from the 9/11 conspiracies. It does us NO GOOD to drag Ron Paul's name through the mud by touting these conspiracies to the general public. That will NOT get him elected and if you're foolish enough to think that we can have our cake and eat it too, please, for the sake of everything FREE -- reevaluate that belief. You will sabotage Ron Paul's chances if you keep trying to attach his name to what the voters will not digest in one year.

Our common goal is our FIRST PRIORITY.

We get Ron Paul in office.

transistor
12-18-2007, 08:51 PM
agreed. people on this forum amaze me... why would you ever thank beck for that horrible hit job of an interview?

tonyTheBest
12-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Glenn Beck brought a lot of bad things out there so Dr Paul can clarify them to the people. And for that I thank him.

Please send him a thank you email.

Delain
12-18-2007, 08:52 PM
"There are always two parties; the establishment and the movement." - Emerson

The objective of the establishment is to break any movement from the moment of conception. Too split it up, let it fall into a multitude of powerless pieces.

Glenn Beck is part of the establishment. The initial effect of the interview was partition. Ergo, Glenn Beck did his job.

I'd say, let them try. I repeat it, sir, let it come!

"No establishment can stop a movement whose time has come" :cool:

MadViking10
12-18-2007, 08:53 PM
agreed. people on this forum amaze me... why would you ever thank beck for that horrible hit job of an interview?

Can you see, read AND process words? :mad:

thePhilosopher
12-18-2007, 09:01 PM

Nope, that "clown" is a figment of your imagination. If you would check the transcript, you'd see that Glenn only questioned why we had a big event on Guy Fawkes day, and never called any RP supporters terrorists, let alone all RP supporters. I thought it was a respectable piece and Glenn allowed RP to distance himself from 9/11 truthers and conspiracy nuts.

Troyhand
12-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Glenn Beck is a rude, infantile, desperate, shameless little perv.
Which is fine as long as he keeps it to himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_H4q-jNgVU
"Glenn Beck Wants Racy Photos of Guest"

He gives us responsible, law-abiding pervs a bad name.
http://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/funny/tongue1dark.gif
Man-Tonguers For Ron Paul
Spokesman: Glenn Beck

traviskicks
12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
The best interview ever. This was amazing to watch. wow!

LeonardK
12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
What Glen did was prove a point.
Ron Paul stands no chance if the general public thinks he endorses conspiracy theories.

Ron Paul stands no chance if, in this "age" of terrorism, his supporters act that way.

Agree, or disagree?
Our common goal is our FIRST PRIORITY.

We get Ron Paul in office.

Agree! I've never seen Beck before tonight, but I thought the free hour tonight was worth a lot, and Beck was fair. He asked Ron, "was I fair" and Ron said he was.

B of R guy
12-18-2007, 09:16 PM
I have never paid any attention to Beck but this was a fair interview and a major opening to his audience. The whole "their out to kill me" part of the interview seemed like Beck was trying to justify his earlier unreasonable remarks.
RP handled it beautifully by talking about the importance of non-violence and that "I do not know why I have to answer these questions". Fantastic job and a chance to expand his campaign's support.

Scott Wilson
12-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Was a good interview.

I thought everything was fair. There are some crazy people in the Ron Paul movement, I have seen some of them. It would not surprise me that Glen was sent hate mail and veiled or blatant death threats.

It was his show and he has every right to ask whatever he wants.

Ron Paul did very well except for how he looked (tired).

This show will pull votes for sure in my humble opinion.

driller80545
12-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I have never liked Beck very much, but this was a very good interview.

Mani
12-18-2007, 09:21 PM
That was a fair interview.

Even during the 9/11 questions he was apologetic in asking them, he was just trying to make a clear clarification and separation. Softball questions.

There's enough bad press out there that could have clouded that issue with people who don't know Ron Paul, for those regular GB viewers who are seeing RP for the first time (besides 30 second debate answers) this was a good opportunity to put that issue to rest.

We know RP's stances, we know his positions, we understand where he's coming from. Many in the GB audience do not, and I thought it was appropriate to ask some of those questions.

That was very fair. There was no shout match, there was no over talking. Has anyone seen the Hannity post debate interview from South Carolina 7-8 months ago????

GB was fair, and did Ron Paul a favor. He gave him an hour in front of REPUBLICAN PRIMARY VOTERS, and it wasn't a shouting match, he let him speak.

Glenn Beck delivered in his promise.

georgia_tech_swagger
12-18-2007, 09:39 PM
It's much easier to make enemies than friends. Beck is similar to Boortz ... he's with Ron 90% of the way, but just hasn't carried over on foreign policy. It's 10,000x more productive to have Beck continue to push positions in line with Ron 90% of the time, and through intelligent debate push him towards Ron's position on the remaining 10%.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face you asshats.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
That was a fair interview.

Even during the 9/11 questions he was apologetic in asking them, he was just trying to make a clear clarification and separation.

His "apologetic" nature was insincere and passive-aggressive.
Overall it was a decent interview though.

I did email Beck and ask him why, if his question about truthers and Ron's position were fair:

"Why didn't you ask Huckabee if he was a puppy torturer, since his son seems to enjoy it"

JustAnotherV
12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I think that Beck had a bone to pick with out of control RP supporters and particularly the nuttier conspiracy folks. I think he straddled the fence there a bit in terms of being an ass in the way he approched it, but given the crap that some RP fans -appear- to be doing (and I can buy it, considering some fo the stuff I see show up in flame comments), I don't totally blame him. I also think it might in a way be helpful.

To be honest, although I think the government was sneaky about some 9/11 details, hardline truthers piss me off to high heaven and they and people like them have attached to the RP campaign and muddied it several times to all of our disadvantage.
The same breed of assholes (who knows maybe even a few of the same) are pissing off the Huckabee crowd right now having spammed his money bomb site. Who knows if they even care about RP or his messages or if they just use it for an excuse. People can turn into reall jerks when they remain safely anonymous.

Beck threw a curve ball but he also did a favor. The more clearly Ron is separated from this type of crap by his own stances for nonviolence, logical and thoughtful stances, and honest, open, and respectful discourse, no one ELSE will be able to claim that any of it is associated with or condoned by him, at a later, perhaps more amplified or less opportune time. Don;t think for a second that Romney is above making a smear ad, or Huck above making truther-tie insinuations if RP ever gets to close in the polls. Having Ron explicitly disagree with some points and behavior and denounce it on air is a good thing.

philistineau
12-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Just watched the interview all over again.

Great interview by Beck - very thankful!

ecliptic
12-18-2007, 09:48 PM
get thee to the hater dungeon.

Haters are the problem, as always.

"WE ARE APT TO SHUT OUR EYES AGAINST A PAINFUL TRUTH...
FOR MY PART, I AM WILLING TO KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH; TO KNOW THE
WORST; AND TO PROVIDE FOR IT."

- Patrick Henry

celticsman7
12-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I just don't like attaching 9/11 conspiracy theories to Ron Paul, even if he veheminantly

Thanehand
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Asking Ron those questions did Ron a huge favor in some respects.

The main stream media CONSTANTLY talks about how Ron's supporters are "kooks" and crazy. Glenn asking those questions FINALLY gave Ron the opportunity to speak out against all that bullcrap.

DJ RP
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Sometimes you guys get serious groupthink problems going on. Beck gave a fair interview with a few tough questions but plenty of time to answer and we go mad.

Then when gulianni or mitt romney get tough questions on meet the press we laugh and cheer it on.

There is nothing at all wrong with asking doctor paul tough questions. The immoral thing the media does is when they don't let him answer, call him things that aren't true when he's not thre to defend himself or when they ask him BS questions that he's answered a million times and they would never ask other candidates. But asking tough questions is what we WANT from a free press.

kutibah
12-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Sometimes you guys get serious groupthink problems going on. Beck gave a fair interview with a few tough questions but plenty of time to answer and we go mad.

Then when gulianni or mitt romney get tough questions on meet the press we laugh and cheer it on.

There is nothing at all wrong with asking doctor paul tough questions. The immoral thing the media does is when they don't let him answer, call him things that aren't true when he's not thre to defend himself or when they ask him BS questions that he's answered a million times and they would never ask other candidates. But asking tough questions is what we WANT from a free press.

+1

jd603
12-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Hahahahah

OMG, now that is funny.

It's the third stage of battered wives syndrome.

Sad.

ejw2076
12-18-2007, 10:13 PM
I think he realized he made a mistake (although I never heard the terrorist comment) but he completely made up for it here. He let Ron Paul answer his questions, it was the best Paul has gotten yet.

tnvoter
12-18-2007, 10:24 PM
This interview just reconfirmed to me why Paul is a true leader, and needs to be the president in '08.