PDA

View Full Version : Could the Beck interview have gone any better?

rrroae
12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
I couldn't be happier with what I heard tonight. RP hit on all the points that are key for him and had plenty of time to thoroughly answer the questions.

And let's be realistic, we all knew Glenn was going to ambush RP on something and if the worst he had was a deranged supporter,...well we got off pretty light.

I think this is really going to help us move forward.

Matt Collins
12-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Link for a youtube?

NewEnd
12-18-2007, 10:33 PM
It was very god, I think Oaul ignoring him all that time really made him think long and hard about how he wanted to approach the doctor.

john_anderson_ii
12-18-2007, 10:33 PM
It can always go better.....Beck could have showed up wearing a "Revolution" T-Shirt, and wired over $2300 to Ron Paul :D

As far as media punditry goes, this is the best we are going to get for a while, and it definitely did earn RP a slew of new supporters.

RPFTW!
12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
that was aweosme when he wanted to kiss rp

traviskicks
12-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Link for a youtube?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8417135044213597647&q=ron+paul+glen+beck+duration%3Along&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

hard@work
12-18-2007, 10:39 PM
What got me was how Beck went out of his way to look the intellectual tonight. Jury's out for me to see if he's ready to join us. CNN can't pay the bills for his entire career and if he sees the metrics and understands that more and more people are turning away from traditional media I think he understands he should cultivate the up and coming alternative. And if he truly is a "libertarian" then he better make that decision now.

I do believe it's now or never for Beck to make his jump to ultra-punditry which I am sure he would love to have. He could actually do it with our support. Imagine a new generation of libertarian minds in the punditry. Tucker and Glenn battling for ratings instead of O'reily and Olberman?

Here's hoping.

RoamZero
12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
The only thing I wished was that Beck wouldn't have brought up that death threat issues. I would also liked to have seen Paul touch upon the fact that his goal as President would be for transition, and that people wouldnt be thrown out on the streets.

rpfreedom08
12-18-2007, 10:42 PM
2 things. I don't think ron paul did so well on arguing his case for ending the irs. He really needs to drive this point home because he does have competition on this issue.

The second thing is the part about 9/11 and all that jazz I just didn't like glenn putting him on the spot like that about that issue.

VRP08
12-18-2007, 10:45 PM
It was great! And it is even better the second, third and fourth time! It was so important those questions were answered by RP as so many are very misinformed! RP got to speak, finally, and state his valid points. I couldn't be happier!

RPFTW!
12-18-2007, 10:46 PM
2 things. I don't think ron paul did so well on arguing his case for ending the irs. He really needs to drive this point home because he does have competition on this issue.

The second thing is the part about 9/11 and all that jazz I just didn't like glenn putting him on the spot like that about that issue.

true but he is also much better than all the rest with wanting to get rid of the income tax that should help put things in his favor

therealjjj77
12-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow! Look at the scroll at the bottom of the screen at 4:35.

rpfreedom08
12-18-2007, 10:49 PM
true but he is also much better than all the rest with wanting to get rid of the income tax that should help put things in his favor

yes but I think people are afraid we wouldn't be able to pay for anything anymore if we just stoped paying taxes... for some reason they think about that more than they think about how great it would be not to pay taxes anymore however who knows maybe I'm wrong on that.

mrchubbs
12-18-2007, 10:49 PM
It could have gone better.... yes.

But only because he didn't get to "convince" Beck more on 2 issues I've heard Beck talk about.... Abolishing the FBI/CIA... and Gun Rights.

I'm holding back most of my praise until Beck's radio show tomorrow morning, which I will be recording so we can publish his comments on how he *actually* felt about the interview. He always talks about his guests on the radio show the day after or the days leading up to the appearance. It should be interesting.

Other than that it was excellent coverage.

The Plan
12-18-2007, 10:53 PM
I thought the whole thing was excellent. I don't think Glenn was out of line for bringing up that supporter making death threats because that his life he's talking about, it's not a trivial issue. I also thing Ron was correct in the way he answered the question. I thought Glenn getting a little gay with Ron was hillarious, Ron had no idea what to say, the look on his face was priceless. That was classic!!! :)
The only thing i think that could have been improved was the amount of time he got, it should have been 2 hours :)

Seriously guys, this will be as good as it gets. You should really send your thanks to Glenn for being fair because he didn't really have to be at all and quite frankly he probably may have risked his carreer in order to do this. I think this is a real moment to marvel at how powerful the message of Ron really is after watching that it's like i could feel the people waking up.

No more guilt trips!
We did it our way and we should keep doing it our way because our way works!!!
This is what it's all about......