PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Pay for Glenn Beck's security

jdh
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Sorry, I accidentally posted this in another thread when I wanted to make a new one.. and I can't figure out how to delete it.

Anyway,

On the interview that I'm sure most of you have seen, he mentioned that he had to have security and a bullet-proof vest to protect himself. Whether or not the threat was legitimate, and whether or not we should or shouldn't pay for security...I think we should.

If we raised money to give to him with a letter from the supporters, he'd most likely mention it on his shows. If we're thinking selfishly, it could be a very good PR move. It's pretty clear that Glenn Beck likes Ron Paul, and if we did this, he might even make an endorsement.

This opportunity to show a kind gesture to someone that has been hostile in the past is an opporunity we shouldn't pass up. I'm sure that his security could be easily paid for by the thousands of RP supporters that would contribute.

ctb619
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
NO

literatim
Don't be an idiot.

Korey Kaczynski
I had the same idea, but I thought back on posting it because it would've seemed weird for us to do it.

I guess it could be an OK idea. But who knows, and Glenn hasn't proven to be our friend yet for us to donate our hard earned money for the action of a lone wackjob.

koft
Hell no.

hellah10
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
are you kidding me?!

come on now man... he doenst need money nor does he need us to provide him security... hes a multimillionaire - i think he can do it on his own

just because he kissed ron pauls ass, doesnt mean we have to return the favor.

koft
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
If anything, we should tell him to keep up the good work, after all, we know where he lives.

jdh
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Why are you guys saying no? Is Glenn Beck the mother of all evil? People who don't want to contribute don't have to contribute. I believe this is an excellent opportunity to send a clear message that we are part of a nonviolent movement and that we can stand up for what's right.

Glenn Beck was threatened by people who were probably Ron Paul supporters, and that issue is actually irrelevant. We can turn Glenn Beck from someone who was against Ron Paul into someone who likes Ron Paul and supports him. Look what we did with Laura Ingraham.

RPinSEAZ
12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
We'd be taking the blame for him needing it. Think before you post.

FrankRep
LOL. no

jdh
If anything, we should tell him to keep up the good work, after all, we know where he lives.

You're part of the problem. I don't appreciate your implication that you'd use force against someone.

Korey Kaczynski
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
are you kidding me?!

come on now man... he doenst need money nor does he need us to provide him security... hes a multimillionaire - i think he can do it on his own

just because he kissed ron pauls ass, doesnt mean we have to return the favor.

It's mostly a gesture that we're both altruistic and won't walk over people as mentioned in the interview, and DONATIONS to make up for HIS LOSS that were in the name of Ron Paul. On the political side, we do need allies in the MSM.

That said, I'm wishy washy on the idea other than the fact that it's not a terrible idea.

koft
Why are you guys saying no? Is Glenn Beck the mother of all evil? People who don't want to contribute don't have to contribute. I believe this is an excellent opportunity to send a clear message that we are part of a nonviolent movement and that we can stand up for what's right.

Glenn Beck was threatened by people who were probably Ron Paul supporters, and that issue is actually irrelevant. We can turn Glenn Beck from someone who was against Ron Paul into someone who likes Ron Paul and supports him. Look what we did with Laura Ingraham.

We are saying no because it's a shitty idea. You want all the major news networks constantly reporting that Ron Paul supporters have pool together resources for security to keep their own from killing news reporters? Are you insane?

Korey Kaczynski

OK, goodbye loser.

jdh
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
We'd be taking the blame for him needing it. Think before you post.

That's why the representative of our effort would tell him/give him a letter explaining why we were doing this. I see no way this can be spun as negative. What is negative is if we just leave some crazy peoples' threat hanging, and not do anything about it to counter the negative PR.

Korey Kaczynski
We are saying no because it's a shitty idea. You want all the major news networks constantly reporting that Ron Paul supporters have pool together resources for security to keep their own from killing news reporters? Are you insane?

OK mr "we know where glenn beck lives"

koft
You're part of the problem. I don't appreciate your implication that you'd use force against someone.

it was a joke dude

shrapnel88
how bout paying for ron paul's security instead?!

Korey Kaczynski
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
That's why the representative of our effort would tell him/give him a letter explaining why we were doing this. I see no way this can be spun as negative. What is negative is if we just leave some crazy peoples' threat hanging, and not do anything about it to counter the negative PR.

Right. If the MSM wants to report on a hit piece, they'll bring up the fact someone threatened Glenn Beck anyways.

I doubt much of the MSM would spin it to be negative; CNN would probably be delighted (and they're pretty good to us compared to every other "news" station) and everyone else would ignore us because they're in silent mode.

jdh
how bout paying for ron paul's security instead?!

then you do that. I never said I was going to go around to all Ron Paul supporters and make them pay for Glenn Beck's security. I just think it's an excellent idea and opportunity.

Can you imagine a famous media personality thanking Ron Paul supporters on air? It would help us out.

knappz
Sorry, I accidentally posted this in another thread when I wanted to make a new one.. and I can't figure out how to delete it.

Anyway,

On the interview that I'm sure most of you have seen, he mentioned that he had to have security and a bullet-proof vest to protect himself. Whether or not the threat was legitimate, and whether or not we should or shouldn't pay for security...I think we should.

If we raised money to give to him with a letter from the supporters, he'd most likely mention it on his shows. If we're thinking selfishly, it could be a very good PR move. It's pretty clear that Glenn Beck likes Ron Paul, and if we did this, he might even make an endorsement.

This opportunity to show a kind gesture to someone that has been hostile in the past is an opporunity we shouldn't pass up. I'm sure that his security could be easily paid for by the thousands of RP supporters that would contribute.

Donate to Glen Beck's Security Detail fund '08...WTF!!!!

orion846
12-18-2007, 07:41 PM
OP is a fucking dumbass

koft
12-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Donate to Glen Beck's Security Detail fund '08...WTF!!!!

WTF is right!

Korey Kaczynski
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
OP is a fucking dumbass

Thanks for helping the topic out.