PDA

View Full Version : Death Threats

gb13
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Tonight Glenn Beck announced that he had received death threats from Ron Paul supporters. I don't know how accurate or embellished his account of what happened or who was involved is, but it was a serious accusation.

Not on Ron Paul, but of rabid fanaticism.

In any major movement, political, religious, or social, there are bound to be some fanatics who would resort to unprovoked violence. I'm sure the Ron Paul Revolution is no different. But those people are a tiny minority.

We who are not fanatics, need to be aware of this potential threat, and be prepared to deal with it.

Those who are guilty of this type of radicalism: You are becoming what you are trying to fight. You will ruin the momentum of the most important, necessary political movement of the past 200 years.

Stop it. If you are truly supporters of Ron Paul, and his message of peace and liberty, you will change your ways.

We must unite.

jd603
12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Most of this doesn't need to be said. :)

I question if there really even was anyone threatening to kill him. Lets see some documentation Beck! :)

Tonight Glenn Beck announced that he had received death threats from Ron Paul supporters. I don't know how accurate or embellished his account of what happened or who was involved is, but it was a serious accusation.

Not on Ron Paul, but of rabid fanaticism.

In any major movement, political, religious, or social, there are bound to be some fanatics who would resort to unprovoked violence. I'm sure the Ron Paul Revolution is no different. But those people are a tiny minority.

We who are not fanatics, need to be aware of this potential threat, and be prepared to deal with it.

Those who are guilty of this type of radicalism: You are becoming what you are trying to fight. You will ruin the momentum of the most important, necessary political movement of the past 200 years.

Stop it. If you are truly supporters of Ron Paul, and his message of peace and liberty, you will change your ways.

We must unite.

JaredR26
12-18-2007, 07:26 PM
For those saying that he's lying, I suggest you review the Hot Topics forum. When debating with truthers a few months back I was threatened. Some of them threatened to kill me. I didn't take it seriously, but I have no doubt that their mentality would lead some of them(not all of them, don't get me wrong) to threaten people like Glenn Beck.

john_anderson_ii
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Tonight Glenn Beck announced that he had received death threats from Ron Paul supporters.

He announced it a while ago, not tonight. However, tonight he decided to bring up the issue at it's alleged source, and see what the alleged source had to say about it. I don't fault him for that. Ron handled it beautifully, and Glenn's audience now knows that Ron Paul isn't that type of guy.

Yes, we do need to be aware that there are people who do these things among us, but what can we do? We can't restrict them in any way. All we can do is denounce them when they do something like this. And we have, and so has Ron Paul.

JaredR26
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
He announced it a while ago, not tonight. However, tonight he decided to bring up the issue at it's alleged source, and see what the alleged source had to say about it. I don't fault him for that. Ron handled it beautifully, and Glenn's audience now knows that Ron Paul isn't that type of guy.

Yes, we do need to be aware that there are people who do these things among us, but what can we do? We can't restrict them in any way. All we can do is denounce them when they do something like this. And we have, and so has Ron Paul.

I think if we as a movement make it absolutely clear where the lines are drawn whenever this type of talk comes up, the problem will be diminished. An email explicitly banning these types of actions from the campaign might also get through to some of the people who would threaten like this.

FunkBuddha
12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
I don't condone threatening someone, but this guy did equate Ron Paul supporters to terrorists and Islamo-Facists. I wish Ron would have brought that up AFTER the response he gave which I thought was fantastic.

voytechs
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Wow, a real revolution.

This is looking more and more like a real revolution. I see heated exchanges and even chaos. I do not endorse any violence, but all this shows is that we have a tremendously diverse set of people. May be even too close for comfort, but none the less, supporting the same cause, through very different means.

I think this is just amazing, to watch unfold.

gb13
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I think if we as a movement make it absolutely clear where the lines are drawn whenever this type of talk comes up, the problem will be diminished. An email explicitly banning these types of actions from the campaign might also get through to some of the people who would threaten like this.

Absolutely. That is really the core right there.

We must disown, publicly, this type of distortion of Ron Paul's message. The campaign should definitely make an announcement of some kind.

davidhperry
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't condone threatening someone, but this guy did equate Ron Paul supporters to terrorists and Islamo-Facists. I wish Ron would have brought that up AFTER the response he gave which I thought was fantastic.

I'm not agreeing with Glenn, but if he's receiving death threats then I can understand his opinion a bit more now.

davidhperry
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Absolutely. That is really the core right there.

We must disown, publicly, this type of distortion of Ron Paul's message. The campaign should definitely make an announcement of some kind.

Yes, let's do it. I would sign my name to this right now. If would also inoculate Ron Paul against people who accuse all of his supporters of being crazy.

Paulitician
12-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I think Glenn Beck was being facetious as he sometimes is, but it is believable. As a Ron Paul supporter, I know it is believable. It's not so much that we should acknowledge Beck's lie [if it is indeed a lie], but to acknowledge that this stems from all the nutty and angry behavior of a lot of RP supporters, and therefore we should stop it.