PDA

View Full Version : I've never listened to or watched Glenn Beck prior to today..

krott5333
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
but he seems pretty interesting, has some good ideas.

I think I'll tune in more often.

BeFranklin
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36409

A thread on a hit piece he did a month ago on Ron Paul supporters.

krott5333
12-18-2007, 07:18 PM

well it seems a few of them proved themselves to be hit-worthy

transistor
12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
he's a neocon, don't bother

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Glen Beck is a big government neo-con that supports the War in Iraq, supports the Patriot Act, claims over and over again that we should give up our freedoms for security, and supports the War on Drugs.

GHoeberX
12-18-2007, 07:20 PM

Everyone deserves a second chance; even Glenn Beck.

He has clearly been changing his stance towards Dr. Paul lately.

Throwback280s
12-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Glen Beck is a big government neo-con that supports the War in Iraq, supports the Patriot Act, claims over and over again that we should give up our freedoms for security, and supports the War on Drugs.

Why do you guys do the same thing as the true neocons and lump anyone that doesnt agree on ever constitutional issue like us as a neocon??

The "with us or against us" crowd is in the other room.

kylejack
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I've been a fan of Beck's for a while. He's one of the more sensible commentators and covers some of my favorite topics. Unfortunately we have a lot of shortsighted idiots in this movement, and Ron Paul and his campaign have done terrible things to Glenn Beck. I'm glad this interview finally happened.

rasheedwallace
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
he his very vocal on the NAU and our sovereignty though. upset about the massive government spending and the incompetence in washington.

he is misguided in his liberty issues and the war, but he is NOT that bad of a guy. at least that is how i feel about him. there are FAR worse.

for what some of our extreme supports have done to him, we are VERY fortunate to receive the gift of what went down today.

email him, with nothing but POSITIVE messages.

me@glennbeck.com

BeFranklin
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
well it seems a few of them proved themselves to be hit-worthy

I don't doubt that came later if it happened at all, Beck didn't put that in context.

People wrote and got Beck to lose a sponsor because of it. I don't doubt there are slime buckets that would try to get back at a movement by making things up after they lost a sponsor. I'm not saying that Beck did that, but it is a motive for some people. Before Beck did that piece, there was no reason I'm aware of for anyone to dislike him. People have a *right* to ask sponsors to remove their money from a talk show host.

LukeNM
12-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Tonight will be my first time -- TiVo'ed...

Jimmy
12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Glenn did a respectful softball interview with Ron Paul so everyone will stop calling his sponsors and getting him in hot water.....Hes still a neocon dirtbag.....but at least we got a nice interview on his show.

Birdlady
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Everyone deserves a second chance; even Glenn Beck.

He has clearly been changing his stance towards Dr. Paul lately.

No he's not. You are being duped. He throws in some good with the bad to lure you in.

Like he calls himself a "libertarian" when he is not. He is a neo-con. So when people hear the word libertarian they think of what Glenn Beck talks about rather than a "Ron Paul". They think "Ron Paulers" are kooks because Glenn Beck has programmed them to think that. It's similar to how the definitions of conservative and liberal have changed drastically over the years.

familydog
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM

Dude, do you just copy and paste the same talking points over and over? You say the same things in every post. I addressed this in another thread, but I guess facts don't matter. If you still think Glen is "big ogvernment" after watching this interview you need your head examined. He's not as much as most of us and Ron Paul, but he is much more than most conservative mainstream media.

fortilite
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I agree with him on more than I disagree with him. Not enough to watch his show, but it seems a leap to vilify him.

kylejack
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Those of you screaming neocon don't know the first thing about neoconservatism.

mconder
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
but he seems pretty interesting, has some good ideas.

Sometimes he's right on and many other times he's just an establishment shill.

Soccrmastr
12-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Those of you screaming neocon don't know the first thing about neoconservatism.

+1

Mister Grieves
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
I've never listened to or watched Glenn Beck prior to today..

Me neither, and unless he has Ron Paul on again, I will most likely never listen to him again hitherto after.

Korey Kaczynski
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
He's more misguided. I don't think he's a neocon like Hannity is.

deltabourne
12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Actually, to be honest, he came off as a pretty poor interviewer to me.

CelestialRender
12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
He seems like one of the fairer minds on TV. Up there with Jack Cafferty, Tucker Carlson, Lou Dobbs, and Wolf Blitzer...not that any of these people are perfect, just that they have some good ideas, and don't seem to be actively trying to screw the American population into ignorance.

Rintrah
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I've heard nothing but negative things about Beck. Having never watched him until tonight I was expecting the worst. It seemed to me like he agreed with Ron Paul on everything. It even seemed like Dr. Paul convinced him on foreign policy.