PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Charity Money Bomb for Glenn Becks favorite charity?

trout007
12-18-2007, 07:12 PM
How about a Charity Money Bomb for Glenn Beck's favorite charity? I think something to show that we can be a class act. Also it will show how a free people can take care of people through voulantary charity.

ronpaulitician
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm a bit in the "no more bombs" camp, but think this one might actually be a good one.

It's possible that it was indeed a Paul supporter who went over the line and threatened Beck. If we can get a couple tens of thousands of dollars raised this way, it might not only take away some of the bad stink of the death threat, but it might also be a reason for Beck to have one of the RP supporters on to talk about Paul in a positive light.

Rex
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I kinda like this idea..

BrokenSocialScene
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
No! This is a stupid idea and its blatant pandering.

Ogren
12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
we don't need money bombs. But in the spirit of christmas we should instead aim to raise money for a certain cause or charity.

constituent
12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
...and then he says,

"The ADL"

Jimmy
12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Good interview....buts lets not get carried away

nlke182
12-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Good interview....buts lets not get carried away

Damn and I was just about to post my lets by Glen Beck a new house thread.

ronpaulitician
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
No! This is a stupid idea and its blatant pandering.
It might be pandering, but it might also go a long way to countering the negative spin that will come from the alleged death threat.

fourameuphoria
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
I'd be down for it.

RSLudlum
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
sure, why not we've been talking alot about using our networking to do something for charity, why not show the rest of the media that when given a fair shake we are grateful and do believe in 'Charity' not gov't controlled hand-outs!!!!

mconder
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
This would be cool of we raised at least 100K for Glenn's favorite charity. We would get press for this.

Dlynne
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I would contribute to this. It should only be for people who have maxed out on their donation limit to Paul's campaign, though.

deltabourne
12-18-2007, 07:42 PM
How about a "death threats" bomb?! Hey, it got RP on Glenn's show, so if we threaten ALL the newscasters he'll be on everywhere!

/Yes, I'm just joking!

trout007
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
OK well let's all send some e-mails to Glenn and see is anyone gets a response. I guess we shouldn't call it a "Bomb". How about a just a thank you for giving Dr. Paul a forum.

I do this every year with a group called Child's Play. It is a where a group of avid Video Gamers donate video games to Children Hospitals to help counter the negative publicity Video games have in the media. I think this would be along those lines.

hellah10
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
while were at it... lets get glenn beck a maserati

good grief...

Midnight77
12-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Let's do it and prove Glenn Beck that we are non-violent supporters and counter this image.

trout007
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
That is reason to give to charity. It isn't a bribe it's a Thank you. This is what many people give to those who don't need any more material gifts. I sent an e-mail and if I hear back I'll post it.

apc3161
12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
How about a Charity Money Bomb for Glenn Beck's favorite charity? I think something to show that we can be a class act. Also it will show how a free people can take care of people through voulantary charity.

That's a genius idea.

Let's found out what it is.

Hell, I will send him an email right asking.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Oh geez guys. A note is fine, but if you want to money bomb anything, how about money bombing the grassroots TV ads that have been made and they're trying to raise enough money to air in the early primary states. www.OperationNH.com

There is no need to buy flowers and donate to the newsperson's favorite charity, just because they acted nice to our candidate. C'mon. That looks like groveling. It's embarrassing.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
We are trying to win the Republican primary. Have you forgotten?

As such, we are trying to raise funds to advertise. We do not have the money necessary to run the grassroots TV commercials in the early primary states!!! If anyone has money to donate, PLEASE, help these people air the ads and make even more.

www.OperationNH.com

trout007
12-18-2007, 09:23 PM
How much do you think an hour ad on National Cable TV costs? Because that is just what Glenn Beck gave Ron Paul.

If people in Ron Paul's name threatened Glenn Beck's life and he still went out on a limb to interview Dr. Paul we owe him some gratitude. Also if we show him what a class act we are word may get around to other hosts who may change their opinion. Put it this way we coulnd't raise enough money to actually pay for what Glenn Beck did today.

peacemonger
12-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Ok, I like the idea of a small organized charity day with smaller donations, but let's not call it a bomb.

Let's just see if there is any support for making a pledge web page asking for donations of 10 or 20 dollars all on one day,... Maybe Christmas would be appropriate. If that is too soon, maybe new years, would be better. We would only need a fraction of the participation we get for the money bombs.

I think this is an idea that has legs. If not now, then maybe sometime in the future. St.Jude's children's cancer charity puts like 99.9% of donations to efficient use. They have very low overhead costs.

trout007
12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
You are right lets not use the word bomb. Plus somone from Langley has to read all of these posts when we use that word.

Danya
12-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I think if we want to send Beck a message buy his book, maybe send a thank-you note letting him know.

LibertyEagle's right - there are some fantastic ads that NEED to be run in Iowa & NH and our money can be better spent there.

Remember all the flowers that were sent to Jay Leno as thanks only to be refused? We can all do what we like with our $, obviously. It would just be a shame to loose Iowa due to lack of advertising dollars after sending $100K to a charity to say thanks to GB for doing his job. How big of a ratings boost do you think he got tonight? (My hubby & I watched both airings.)

Just my $.02 (any more than that and it would have to go to the Jeremiah Black ads!)

ejw2076
12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
This is a fantastic idea, I would be willing to put $5 in to get Ron Paul Supporter's a better reputation. Let them know that we aren't all assholes, that we support our candidate because we truly care.

trout007
12-18-2007, 10:02 PM
My hope in all of this besides just saying thanks is getting the attention of other national broadcasters that we aren't spamming nutcases and we can be civil.

ejw2076
12-18-2007, 10:06 PM
There is another thread talking about buying his book, I think that this should be looked into as well.

edit: seems most believe that an email will suffice. I suppose I will do the same.

Revolution9
12-18-2007, 10:11 PM

No. Let him donate proceeds from his book if he favors it so much,. .I ain't giving a dime to the Drunken Wayward Shock Jocks Old Fogies Home.

Randy

trout007
12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
LOL. Is that on the Imus Cancer Ranch?