PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else think that interview went terrible?

VoteRonPaul2008
12-18-2007, 07:09 PM
or am I the only one?

Micahyah
12-18-2007, 07:11 PM
I thought it went great, what did you find terrible about it?

Hope
12-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes, you are in the vast minority.

Beck gave Ron Paul more time than any other interviewer on a mainstream network to date. He let RP answer the questions without interruption. He gave RP the chance to address the concerns some pundits have had with the campaign.

If you think this interview was terrible, I have to say I think you're living in a dream world. It isn't journalists' job to coddle Ron Paul, it's their job to pose questions and let the people hear what he had to say. Beck was more than fair to Ron Paul and not only did this interview show millions of people what RP really stands for, it may very well be the catalyst that gets RP more interviews on other networks.

ronpaulitician
12-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I thought it went great.

Paul had plenty of time to answer the questions.

Beck didn't interrupt him much.

Korey Kaczynski
He also helped sever the tie between Ron Paul and 9/11 "Truth."

I wonder if he'll be as kind in his next show.

Vendico
If you didn't 446 posts under your belt, I'd blow you off as a troll.

ChristopherJ
12-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I think it was one of the best interviews to date! Kudos to RP and GB.

philistineau
12-18-2007, 07:13 PM
GREAT interview - plenty of time to explain.

That is the reason Ron Paul gave him a heartfelt thanks at the end.

fortilite
12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Best interview I ever saw of RP from the MSM. So much better than getting side swiped by some huckabee commercial.

me3
or am I the only one?
It wasn't terrible, but it would have been spectacular if Dr. Paul wasn't put into such a stupid position by some fringe elements that campaign under his banner, but not with his message.

Very embarrassing for the freedom and love campaign.

Ron Paul Fan
I think anyone who thinks this interview went terrible is crazier than the people that threatened Beck's life. Notice how he didn't say why it was terrible, just that it was terrible. That's some great insight you gave us! Thank you!

HankScorpio
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
I can't understand why anyone would be upset with this interview. What do you want? One hour of the host talking about how great he is? That doesn't happen for any candidate.

damon04
absolutely agree ^^^ Severing his tie with any kind of conspiracy was important, along with a good chunk of response time with no interruption... I really hope all my friends I told watched this...

john_anderson_ii
Simply put, Beck wasn't there to kiss Ron's ass. He was there to interview him, and debate when they disagreed. Beck gave RP enough time to make his points. That is a good thing. Healthy discussion such as this is a good thing. It's what gets the voter base thinking whilst 30 second sound bytes attempt to prevent the voter base from thinking.

Richandler
Beck loves Paul. He doesn't like the supports who treatened his life.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
Horrible. It wasnt Ron's fault. Glen Beck was just such a moron that everyone else in the room was brought down.

voytechs
A couple of things I didn't like were the weird conspiracy questions. I now understand why RP got the interview in the first place, I thought our boycott of his advertisers did it, but now I know it was actual threats.

I didn't think the question about how do we get out of the mess, ended on the right note. Dr. Paul kind of left people thinking the way out is to get rid of SS and Medicare. He never threw in there that but cutting the empire, he would save enough to fund those programs and let new people get out.

Overall it was very good except for a couple of muddied issues with the death threats and conspiracies.

partypooper
or am I the only one?

i certainly hope so.

KingTheoden
Yes, you are in the vast minority.

Beck gave Ron Paul more time than any other interviewer on a mainstream network to date. He let RP answer the questions without interruption. He gave RP the chance to address the concerns some pundits have had with the campaign.

If you think this interview was terrible, I have to say I think you're living in a dream world. It isn't journalists' job to coddle Ron Paul, it's their job to pose questions and let the people hear what he had to say.

I respect your perspective, but could not disagree more. Every 15 seconds Beck would interrupt. Sure, he threw it some cartoonishly sycophantic comments (French kissing Ron Paul??! I guess Beck likes the Grove...), but he would come back with ridiculous segments on the 911 conspiracy threat to America, etc. etc.

He put Paul in a tough box regarding 911 truth because politically Ron Paul had to deny any shreds of doubt of the official story, but this also was intended to peel away youth support (it is not going to work though). Frankly, I thought the interview was painful and even Dr. Paul looked pretty upset around the 2/3rds mark.

1913_to_2008
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
i hope that none of the truthers bail on Paul because of that interview. They do account for millions votes.

RM918
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM

I think that's pretty unfair.

While the hour's great and all, I think Beck went severely over the line on the 'death threat' ordeal. No other candidate above Paul in the polls would have to deal with that sort of ridiculous charge, and while it's nice he got to speak out on those issues, Beck made the whole thing look ridiculous. As someone else said, while it had good points, it was pretty awkward and painful to watch.

partypooper
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Simply put, Beck wasn't there to kiss Ron's ass. He was there to interview him, and debate when they disagreed. Beck gave RP enough time to make his points. That is a good thing. Healthy discussion such as this is a good thing. It's what gets the voter base thinking whilst 30 second sound bytes attempt to prevent the voter base from thinking.

couldn' agree more. this is 1000 times better than useless snippets in which everybody is awed by how much money dr paul raised. hard questions are good, because voters have hard questions to ask and if these are not answered they will go somewhere else. it is good to have interviewers who ask difficult questions.

WillInMiami
12-18-2007, 07:18 PM
or am I the only one?

If you thought that interview was terrible, you must be a Guiliani supporter...

Natalie
85% are saying the interview went good or better here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59606

homah
You're not the only one. Beck is not a very good interviewer. However, giving Paul a platform to talk for an hour is never a bad thing.

transistor
i did. totally uncalled for to bring up his supporters... i knew he was a scum bag.

but look at all the lemming supporters on this board writing notes, buying his book, and probably sending flowers

BillyDkid
12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
I thought it went great, what did you find terrible about it?
I agree with you. What on earth are some folks looking for? All I want and all we should expect is for Beck to treat Ron Paul like any other serious candidate and I think he more than did that.

TheConstitutionLives
12-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I think it was GOOD, not great, but good. Other than the 9/11 part it was a fair piece. I wish Paul would've been rested and fresh but it's been a LONG day for him.

Paul handled the Israel question fantastic by relating Israel's dependence on us with our domestic welfare state. And if you really care about them then you'll respect their sovereignty. Beck hadn't considered that angle and I doubt most people had. That was a slam dunk by Paul.

IHaveaDream
Terrible?? I thought it was very fair and went very well.

Some people are never satisfied. :rolleyes:

Ron Paul Fan
I agree with you. What on earth are some folks looking for? All I want and all we should expect is for Beck to treat Ron Paul like any other serious candidate and I think he more than did that.

I hope these people have a thicker skin for the Meet the Press interview on Sunday.

mstrmac1
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
or am I the only one?

I think your just nervous for him. The Interview was great. Listen people are going to challenge him on his issues and some will not agree...IT IS WHAT IT IS... I know how you feel though it like watching your first child take his/her first steps. This is a long fight, and is not for the weak. So lets look at the positive... 1hr on a major show!!

rich34
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought the beginning to middle was great, but then went down hill from the middle to end. Except for the last part when he gave Dr. Paul a chance to speak.

tmg19103
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Glenn Beck as an interviewer is terrible.

I think RP has a cold or something. He did not seem as alert as usual. Could also be all the heavy campaigning for a 72 year old guy.

Otherwise, great interview from our standpoint. Best part - RP got out his foreign policy stance and why we are better off leaving very well and Beck did not have a retort. THAT will really get people thinking. I love how he put (with Beck agreeing) that we undermine Israel and the region would be better off if we did not.

Worse part - the 9/11 stuff, but it was not so bad b/c I think the average viewer who does not know RP would ask him/herself why Beck is asking about something that is out of RP's control - what some supporters have done.

Besides, Mitt and Rudy have been cooked on all sorts of stuff THEY personally did.

Overall, I give it a B+. If RP was a little more lively I'd give it an A.

LukeNM
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I have not seen it yet!

Just bumping up the real issues...

Minuteman2008
12-18-2007, 07:24 PM
I thought it was excellent overall. Obviously I could have lived without the conspiracy stuff, but I didn't think Beck interrupted Ron all that much. I'm happy with the time he was given to speak. AND I think he ended the interview perfectly! By saying that he may not please the Democrat or Republican base but instead is supported by those fed up with what they're getting, I think he summed things up perfectly.

sbradbury
12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
I thought it was an excellent interview.

grapplerkepp
Great interview!

Troyhand
Trolls are on the loose! They're hitting hard from both sides to cause infighting in the group.
MSM is laughing at us right now. We're doing exactly what they want.

That's OK. Our emotions will quiet down, and we'll get back on track like we always do.

srmpass98
12-18-2007, 07:26 PM
It was fine. Sometimes people on this forum need a chill-pill. I thought Glenn was fine, though the end was a tad superfluous.

mconder
You're the only one.

Ethek
Yeah, I think Beck tried to actually help Paul out in some ways. Nice, but the softball delivery of pointed questions came off as awkward. I think Paul's responses would have been better highlighted by sticking to the pointed questions.

Joey Wahoo
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
It wasn't terrible, but it would have been spectacular if Dr. Paul wasn't put into such a stupid position by some fringe elements that campaign under his banner, but not with his message.

Very embarrassing for the freedom and love campaign.

Amen. Thats the only thing that kept it from being a grandslam homerun.

chipvogel
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
I've been to an RP rally and joked about how I like RP but there were other guys who really loved RP and were willing to have his child.

Glenn Beck came pretty close to offering to bear Ron Paul's child.

jaumen
12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
I thought it was great. Some of you guys will settle for nothing less than someone bowing down and worshipping Ron Paul. Get over it, it was a good interview, and Beck wasn't trying to pull anything to discredit Paul. I think many of his viewers may have been glad to have the 9/11 truth issue clarified. I'm sure there are people out there who wouldn't want to support a candidate that bought into that stuff.

rasheedwallace
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
your crazy if you think that went bad.

davidhperry
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM

I'm not accusing the OP as a troll but don't let a high post count fool you. People can lurk for a while and even post very supportive messages without being true supporters.

Jennifer
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Dr. Paul was given the floor, was not argued with, and was asked intelligent questions by Mr. Beck which he answered BRILLIANTLY as usual. If that is your defintion of terrible, then I agree, it was absolutely, positively terrible!

ashlux
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
i hope that none of the truthers bail on Paul because of that interview. They do account for millions votes.

Something is up if they didn't already know Ron Paul's position...

While there no doubt is some that pick up Ron Paul because they think he's a truther, I think the vast majority of the truthers want a Ron Paul President for good reasons.

knappz
12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Beck is a fool but the interview was fairly good until...some of you supporters and calling me names and making threats...what do think about this? Like RP's keepin' tabs on thousands of people across the world, check that, around the globe. GB is a douche bag.

richk
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Better than I expected. Seems if some of our supporters would act rationally, it would have gone even better. :)

With freedom comes responsibility. I hope some of our less responsible supporters come to realize this before they do irreparable damage to the campaign. It's tough enough fighting the MSM and the Neocons. :(

davidkachel
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I hope someone has taken the time to thank Mr. Beck and express to him that Ron Paul supporters do not agree with death threats or any similar behavior. That is simply beyond the pale.

alaric
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I think Ron Paul won him over!:cool:

iloveronpaul
12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
At this point we can't complain about any exposure that the old media gives us, even hit pieces.

I did happen to like the interview though. :)

justatrey
12-18-2007, 07:42 PM

No way. Even the ones that think Ron Paul is also a truther know that if Ron Paul admitted this, it would be political suicide.

anewvoice
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

Anyway, the interview was fine imho. Ron Paul got an hour in front of people, his points were good, his retorts were awesome (quoting philosophers, damn). The gay moment was rather awkward but this is THE best coverage to a massive republican audience he has yet received.

thechitowncubs
12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I thought Beck could have articulated his questions a little more clearly, other than that and the commercials. GOOD INTERVIEW

sirachman
12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
If you support 9/11 truth or you do not the best way to get your agenda across is to deny you believe in it. Whether Ron Paul truly believes in it or not he is the ONLY cantidate who has ANY chance of getting into office and doing a second investigation. I myself do not believe in the 9/11 truth movement after researching it HOWEVER I do want a second investigation to prove it either way once and for all. Knowing this I support Ron Paul as the only person anyone has a chance of electing who will probably open up an investigation if it can be done in any way fiscally reasonable. However, if you wish for Ron Paul to win you must believe that the stigma surrounding 9/11 truth WILL destroy any cantidate who mentions it due to the MSM stigma it is a FORBIDDEN topic. Up to this point Ron Paul has been hurt by the rumor that he is a truther, now whether or not he is (i dont think so but others may disagree) he has tonight once and for all CLEARLY denied any personal belief in 9/11 truth. This will help his campaign, please spread word of his words and the reasons I have outlined for which his actions on the subject tonight were good for his campaign and for YOU nomatter your personal opinion on 9/11 truth.

Rintrah
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
We got 45 minutes of prime time television. Glen Beck is an ally. The only negative thing he did was bring up the death threat thing and I can understand why. It was personal and he wanted them to know Ron Paul did not support them doing such things. This was an amazing interview and Beck seem to concede to Dr. Paul on every point. Even the war and Israel. This was all and all a great interview.

krott5333
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
there was 10 minutes that didn't kiss Ron Paul's ass... the entire rest of the interview Beck was being the teacher's pet!

FreeTraveler
12-18-2007, 07:49 PM
The truther and threat questions were CRITICAL to get dealt with. We should be thanking Beck for those two. My 74-yr-old mother-in-law was on the fence, primarily because she'd heard he was a conspiracy theorist and his supporters were militant. (I think she got this from her bridge club, lol) She was totally won over by the end of the interview, because he handled these issues as well as all the others.

michaelwise
12-18-2007, 07:50 PM
I thought that interview was a great interview. Beck threw something in to spice it up a bit and kept people watching it through to the end. Nice move Glen, Thanks. I bet people walked away from that interview wanting to know more about the good doctor, and now won't be afraid to ask.

Ron Paul Fan
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm still waiting on why the OP thought it was a terrible interview. Anyone can just come on and start threads with absolutely no insight. Please OP, indulge us! I'm curious as to WHY it was terrible!

Ron Paul Fan
12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Bump for OP's response.