PDA

View Full Version : 1000s of Apologys for Glenn Beck

sirachman
12-18-2007, 07:04 PM
EVERYONE send Glenn Beck a heartfelt email and apologize for the horrible people who were reportedly Ron Paul supporters and who said horrible things to Glenn Beck and gave him death threats. I know that I was not responsible for this but I feel that Glenn Beck deserves a massive showing of caring and love. We are the Ron Paul rEVOLution and we need to give Glenn Beck and his family some MAJOR LOVE!!!!!

Glenn Beck's email: me@glennbeck.com

Glenn Beck's producer Stu: stu@glennbeck.com

Please EVERYONE send both Glenn Beck and his producer an email containing your condolences, apology, and sadness for what those people did.

Micahyah
12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
+1

sirachman
Bump, this needs doing NOW

powertothepeople
bump

Geronimo
If there were actual death threats then why didn't they show the youtube, and why hasn't the person who made the video been prosecuted?

I call BS on this one.

ronpaulitician
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I hope they catch the kid(s) who threatened Beck.

Korey Kaczynski
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
If there were actual death threats then why didn't they show the youtube, and why hasn't the person who made the video been prosecuted?

I call BS on this one.

1: How do you know he hasn't been prosecuted?
2: There are enough wackos out there that this is indeed possible.

Dave Pedersen
12-18-2007, 07:07 PM
B.S.

No one should apologize for anyone else who may or may not have been RP supporters.

Glen Beck called us traitors and in bed with islamofascists and suggested the military needs to protect America from YOU AND ME.

I will not apologize to Glen Beck for what anyone else has done.

cradle2graveconservative
I doubt Dr. Paul would've gone along with this if Beck hadn't actually showed him a video or let him listen to a clip during the break.

Also, it would be perfectly reasonable to send Glenn Beck a "thank you" regardless

Matt
Death threats?:confused:

BLS
I am a Ron Paul supporter, and if indeed your life was threatened, I find that APPAULING.
I can assure you that almost all of the supporters I’ve met locally are very intelligent, libertarian-minded, and want freedom back.
Most do NOT believe in this 9/11 crap, but they have attached themselves to him, because he’s the only one who’s suggested he would allow another investigation from an outside party (of course, if the costs were kept in check).

In any case, I can’t tell you how afraid I was that you would attack him left and right, and you’ve proven yourself honorable, and I respect that.

Thank you! For the hour interview.

Midnight77
Email Beck now and apologize for the Truthers or fanatics that were sending him threats. Overall, a very good interview.

Flash
12-18-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope they catch the kid(s) who threatened Beck.

Youtube removes videos that encourage violence. And not one person even said they saw such a video.

But still send the emails for the 1-hr interview

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Glen Beck is a hot headed idiot and we should not apologize to him.

voytechs
12-18-2007, 07:09 PM
B.S.

No one should apologize for anyone else who may or may not have been RP supporters.

Glen Beck called us traitors and in bed with islamofascists and suggested the military needs to protect America from YOU AND ME.

+1. I will let him know that it was a very fair and good interview. I will highlight the conspiracy stuff he through in there.

sirachman

I call BS on this one.

The possibility that they were real is reason enough for an apology. The damage of not sending him apology if it is true is much greater than the damage that will be done if it is not. Sending him a massive sign of remorse and greif over what he reported happening will be very powerful and their will be no negative effect if it was false. We can't chance it. Just do it.

IF you don't agree with me fine. I will be sending one and I hope at the least you will do as some have suggested and send him an email thanking him for having Ron Paul on his show for the entire hour.

BrokenSocialScene
things like this kill a campaign, if you can show the outpouring to prompt Glenn Beck to accept an apology on air it would undo a lot of the damage.

traitorist
Email Beck now and apologize for the Truthers or fanatics that were sending him threats. Overall, a very good interview.

FUCK YOU. Beck offered no proof and only hearsay.

Menthol Patch
There is no reason for an apology.

Glen Beck is a neo-con.

nunaem
EVERYONE send Glenn Beck a heartfelt email and apologize for the horrible people who were reportedly Ron Paul supporters and who said horrible things to Glenn Beck and gave him death threats. I know that I was not responsible for this but I feel that Glenn Beck deserves a massive showing of caring and love. We are the Ron Paul rEVOLution and we need to give Glenn Beck and his family some MAJOR LOVE!!!!!

Please EVERYONE send both Glenn Beck and his producer an email containing your condolences, apology, and sadness for what those people did.

LOL This is a joke right? You must be being sarcastic

mosquitobite
12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
sent :)

I told him thank you for helping to spread the message of FREEDOM!!!

Oliver
*LOL* :D

Is this a hoax-thread?
Apologizing for what??? :confused:

krott5333
I sent him a thank you email!

Mr. Beck:

I watched your show for the first time (how did you know there would be so many of us!). I must thank you for giving a full hour to Ron Paul. He truly deserves such openness to explain many views which to many, might seem "radical" at first.

But you know as well as I do, its all about freedom! And its how our country began, and its how it was intended.

I disagree with your decision to bring up the comments from a small group of Dr. Paul's supporters. However, it needed to be said, and I hope those responsible for their inappropriate actions realize the consequences.

Overall, good interview, and your ideologies for the most part seem to be pretty forward.

Thanks again.

Patrick A. Krott
Fairview, PA

Rex
Take the high road.. Send an email..

Menthol Patch

That's right. He offered no proof whatsoever.

Also, I doubt any Ron Paul supporter would threaten anyone.

Ogren

We don't have to apologize. But we should at least give him thanks for allowing paul on prime time televesion for an entire hour ! what other media reporter would do that ?

krott5333
12-18-2007, 07:11 PM

you really get on my nerves sometimes.

Mark37snj
12-18-2007, 07:11 PM
B.S.

+1

Midnight77
12-18-2007, 07:12 PM

I think you just proved my point. You can't have a civil discussion without responding as such.

nunaem
To anyone taking this thread seriously.

Apologizing for someone else's actions contradicts every aspect of personal responsibility, something I'm sure RP supports

LibertyEagle

Wait a second. I don't agree with the 911 Truthers either, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the threat that Beck said he received. These are two very separate issues. Please do not combine them.

Nor, am I insulting the Truthers. I am very glad they support Dr. Paul, just like the rest of us. We ALL want freedom.

BillyDkid
And please be sure to mention that just because someone claims to support Ron Paul does not mean that they really do. Those who oppose us are certainly underhanded enough to make threats and attach Ron Paul's name to it. They have a purpose and that purpose is to portray supporters as psychos especially in the minds of the talking heads.

GHoeberX

Also, I doubt any REAL Ron Paul supporter would threaten anyone.

Don't forget the word "Real" here. There's no such thing as one group people being all good; especially not when talking about something as massive as the Ron Paul Movement.

This is the Ron Paul Re-love-ution and all Glenn Beck needs is a bit of extra love. If he gets 1000 of thank-mails, he'll be endorsing Ron Paul before you know it :D

Alabama Supporter
12-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm going to send one even though I think it was not really Ron Paul supporters.

BillyDkid

You keep swearing at people and calling them names. It needs to stop and has no place in here.

1913_to_2008
Quit kissing everyones asses. We don't need to thank him for shit.

Midnight77
12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Don't forget the word "Real" here. There's no such thing as one group people being all good; especially not when talking about something as massive as the Ron Paul Movement.

This is the Ron Paul Re-love-ution and all Glenn Beck needs is a bit of extra love. If he gets 1000 of thank-mails, he'll be endorsing Ron Paul before you know it :D

Exactly. Beck is disgusted with all the Republicans right now, and extending an olive branch to Beck could work very well in our favor leading up to Iowa and New Hampshire.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 07:14 PM

Also, I doubt any Ron Paul supporter would threaten anyone.

Get real. I don't doubt it for a second. Every campaign has a few nutcases. As far as "proof" is concerned, do you honestly think Dr. Paul would have entertained these questions if Beck had not shown him part of the video? Oh, c'mon! :rolleyes:

Hope
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow. So many people on this thread put the "love" in Revolution. So many people here prove that the stereotype of RP supporters being irrationally belligerent at all turns to rest. It warms my heart and would surely make Ron Paul proud.

hasan
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
my email to Glen.

I am saddened to hear that you have been threatened by people who purport to be supporters of Ron Paul. As Dr. Paul explained in your interview, the revolution according to him and true supporters of his message is of delivering the message of freedom in a peaceful manner. I can assure you that these people do more harm than good to Dr. Paul and may well be doing so intentionally. Please take the necessary precautions to protect yourself from these people (I suggest exercising your right to carry and use arms if needed).
I am very glad to see that you conducted a fair interview with Dr. Paul. I ardently hope you continue to give his message fair and unbiased coverage in future.

Best,

traitorist
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
You keep swearing at people and calling them names. It needs to stop and has no place in here.

LECTURE to all the other name-calling buddies here.

familydog
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM

Didn't you just start a thread saying we should stop this sort of talk? :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle

Very mature of you. :rolleyes:

LibertyForAll
I just sent my email, and I hope everyone sents a heartfelt Thank You for the interview.

LibertyEagle
Didn't you just start a thread saying we should stop this sort of talk? :rolleyes:

I think that is why some think he is a troll. :)

KingTheoden
12-18-2007, 07:18 PM

I call BS on this one.

Agreed. I am surprised you guys are marching to the Pied Piper's tune! Beck is trying to sully our reputation with completely unsubstantiated claims.

Besides, did you guys forget...HE CALLED US TERRORISTS. He asked for the military to be deployed on us. And this fatass crybaby has the nerve to get upset over some 16 year old kid maybe posting a video calling Beck a traitor (which he is by the way).

I say we do a boycott of his sponsors.

GJ-CO4RonPaul
1 hour of mainstream media exposure = Thank you note...Period

screw everything else, write a thank you for the most time we've ever gotten on TV.

This will bring people to the movement.

max
bullshit...

we dont need to 'aplogize" for what someone else allegedly did..

stop groveling....beck is an ass

jashepard
What does Ron Paul always say, Spread the American message by peace not by force, apologizing to Beck is a great way to show that we stand by those words. Not that WE personally have to apologize, but we as a people do, whether it is our fault or not we are basically a team.

curiousobserver
12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
do it...Great!!

nunaem
12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Agreed. I am surprised you guys are marching to the Pied Piper's tune! Beck is trying to sully our reputation with completely unsubstantiated claims.

Besides, did you guys forget...HE CALLED US TERRORISTS. He asked for the military to be deployed on us. And this fatass crybaby has the nerve to get upset over some 16 year old kid maybe posting a video calling Beck a traitor (which he is by the way).

I say we do a boycott of his sponsors.

QFT But didn't we already start a boycott?

1997 F250
We Dont Have To Say We Are Sorry I Didnt Do Any Thing Have Some Courage Or Will Be Known As The Pus@# Party Im Not Sorry When Your An A@@#$le People Want To Kill You

traitorist
Very mature of you. :rolleyes:

don't lecture me on maturity LE, lecture your other constituents here who show their glee over ridiculing and spreading lies about others here.

hawkiye
Hats off to Glenn Beck! It was a great interview and Beck deserves our thanks.

I see no need to apologize for something some idiots did. He gave Dr. Paul the opportunity to disassociate himself from such antics and Beck at no time insinuated Dr. Paul would condone such a thing.

Beck with this interview put to rest all the accusations about the 9/11 truth sayers and wackos etc. Not that it will stop all the childish insults from some of the Hitler youth er ah I mean Neocon so called base. But this may really get the train speeding ahead so hang on to your hats.

VoluntaryMan
12-18-2007, 07:21 PM
DON'T apologize (unless it was you). You aren't responsible for anyone else's actions, and shouldn't imply that you are.

However, please DO thank him for the hour; he didn't have to do that...even if he did act like a rat bastard previously. There are plenty of other huge creeps out there who will NEVER give Dr. Paul an opportunity to respond to them; let's acknowledge the few who do.

conner_condor
There is alot of people who needs hung for treason. That is the truth. Now to actually do it,That is actually a different story.

Matthew Zak
My email to Glen Beck:

I highly doubt you'll open this email as the overall statement is clearly made in the heading, but if you do I just wanted you to know that I was never one of the angry Ron Paul supporters. I did, however understand why they were angry with you after your piece regarding terrorists. They're very passionate supporters because they want many of the same things that you do, so they invest themselves desperately in any and all attention Ron Paul gets in the media. That's why the terrorism piece felt like a "hit" piece to them, and they felt betrayed that you would inadvertantly do what Fox intentionally does, which is smear his name. That is ironic of course, because it is the supporters who used the analogy in the first place. I understood that your overall statement was that it's NOT a good idea to sell a candidate using terrorism as an analogy, especially in this "terrorism" age. Between the lines you were giving US, the SUPPORTERS, really good advice.

Most of us actually do understand that, and we're just as saddened as you, and Ron Paul I am sure, that a few people don't get it.

Thank you for giving Ron Paul the entire hour on your show, and thank you also for giving him a chance to distance himself from the crazies. ;) See you on TV.

Matt

nunaem
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
What does Ron Paul always say, Spread the American message by peace not by force, apologizing to Beck is a great way to show that we stand by those words. Not that WE personally have to apologize, but we as a people do, whether it is our fault or not we are basically a team.

NO. Apologizing for someone else is not what Ron Paul would want us to do.

fortilite

He did offer proof - to Dr. Paul. He showed Dr. Paul everything between commercial breaks. If you can't trust Dr. Paul on this then who can you trust?

I will send an apology letter. And a thank you letter for the time.

iloveronpaul
Done.

thechitowncubs
Done

justatrey
He will have thousands of messages in his inbox, so don't bother writing him a novel.

I decided to stick to a simple thank you. We need to let him we appreciate the full hour he gave to us. My email:

Just a sincere thanks from a first time viewer for giving a full hour to the good doctor!

Again, THANK YOU!

LibertyForAll
We need every possible moment of coverage for Ron Paul. Thank him for the coverage.

Menthol Patch
Don't be fooled by Glen Beck. He is a big government neo-con who supports the War in Iraq, supports the Patriot Act, openly states we should give up our rights and freedoms for security, and supports the War on Drugs.

He is NOT our friend.

Just a few weeks ago he said we were in bed with terrorists!

1913_to_2008
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't kiss his ass at all no letters. If you want to send an apology send it to trevor

Menthol Patch
We need every possible moment of coverage for Ron Paul. Thank him for the coverage.

You mean of him making an accusation that he was threatened with death without showing any evidence?

LibertyEagle
Well Max, there were sure a heck of a lot of us who didn't waste much time criticizing him when he was nasty to Paul in other shows. So, I fail to see why we shouldn't write to him to enforce positive actions. I don't normally do these types of things with the media, but Beck went totally out of his way to showcase Dr. Paul. Even up to the clips that he ran around commercials.

Face it. In this interview, Glenn Beck was a gentleman and a scholar. He really was.

GJ-CO4RonPaul
There is a difference between a thank you note and an apology.

Write a thank you for the air time, we have to start somewhere.

ronpaulitician
12-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Just a few weeks ago he said we were in bed with terrorists!
People keep saying that, but I have yet to see proof of it.

I watched the video.

VoluntaryMan
Im Not Sorry When Your An A@@#$le People Want To Kill You
:DFOOMCROFLMAO!!!!:D

hasan
bullshit...

we dont need to 'aplogize" for what someone else allegedly did..

stop groveling....beck is an ass

lets not apologize. i din't apologize but i did mention being saddened by the fact that a ron paul supporter purportedly threatened him. you can still send a positive email without apologizing

gb13
Bump.

sirachman
We aren't apologizing but showing sympathy for him and his family and saying we are sorry it happened. This is in no way saying that we are at fault but that we sympathize and that we condemn the person who did it's (if it actually happened) actions. If you want to call me a troll or say I am joking you can go ahead. If you want to curse me or mock me over the internet fine. However if you actually review the posts I have made on this forum you will realize I am an honest Paul supporter and as is evident the ideas portrayed in this thread were attractive by some and not to others. You have the right to disagree, cuss me, or do whatever you want so commence with what you wish.

max
ever occur to you all that the reason beck even had RP on was because he was intimidated by all the justifiable shit we gave him???

Hmmmmm?

If we are gonna win this thing we need to FIGHT...not grovel

philistineau
12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
done

Ron Paul in 2008
I am not sending Beck a thank you after he brought up the 911 truther questions and had to mention how his life was threatened by Ron Paul supporters.

devil21
Beck felt a little blowback of his own because of his very own comments. Can you expect to call a devoted group of benevolent people terrorists and not piss off one or two enough to Youtube a death threat? In some ways, its very much like the middle east blowback. 99% of the people won't do anything eventhough they are very upset, but 1% will take it further. Beck should learn to watch his mouth instead of playing the victim. There are always consequences to actions.

skeet
12-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I will not apologise, I am not a "terrorist" but I did send a thank you for the interview.

philistineau
I said thank you for the interview and that I did not condone death threats against him.

constitutional
No! I refuse to apologize. I am NOT a g-damn terrorist!

LibertyEagle
If you want to send an apology send it to trevor

For WHAT???:rolleyes:

max
imagine if he had used the "N" word against Obama....would people feel bad for him if he said he got "death threats"??

LFOD
12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
A death threat would be a horrible thing to be on the receiving end of, and I'm sympathetic to Beck for receiving them. I don't think I can apologize really, because I didn't have anything to do with it, and I condemn any action like that.

hasan
hey max do you really think if you threaten people you are gonna get positives out of it? think about how we threaten iran and are worse off for it.

me3
His proof was good enough for Dr. Paul.

jashepard
NO. Apologizing for someone else is not what Ron Paul would want us to do.

Tell me is apologizing going to hurt us or help us? HELP US, who cares if it was someone planting Ron Paul's name to his/her own ideas, if someone makes this movement look bad in any way we need to act in the most appropriate way as possible to dilute it and show our true beliefs, as a TEAM, this is what has got us this far.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Darn it. They never discussed the Patriot Act or about why Paul wanting to disband the FBI. Paul REALLY should have discussed these things. Especially the FBI thing, because unless people understand his reasoning, they're going to think he's kooky.

extrmmxer
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Done. E-mail sent.

constitutional
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
His proof was good enough for Dr. Paul.

And where do you get that from?

Let me tell you this, the proof was not good enough for us and the viewers. I can thank him but anything other than that... Glenn is still an lunatic in my eyes when it comes to certain issues.

max
12-18-2007, 07:31 PM
hey max do you really think if you threaten people you are gonna get positives out of it? think about how we threaten iran and are worse off for it.

Poor anaolgy

1. Iran has done NOTHING to us...wheras Beck calling us terrorists is the type of crap that could land us in a prison camp one day.

2. I didnt say we should "threaten"...I said we should fight instead of grovel.

3. It is ludicrous for 1000's of us to apologize for the alleged action of 1 guy. It is HE who owes us the apology

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Max,

I didn't apologize to him. I did nothing wrong. What I did do was thank him for the interview.

hellah10
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
he is NOT getting an apology from me... what a ridiculous idea

LibertyEagle
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Max,

Declaring the American people and all the media our enemy, is not exactly going to get us anywhere in this election, but defeated.

max
12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
In a way, Beck issued a death threat against us. If RP movement gets labeled "domestic terror"....could we theoritically not end up in Guantanamo...and die in captivity?

You dont call innocent people terrorists like Beck did..

He essentially threatened us with Prison camps...and you all want to apologize to him?????

peacemonger
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Personally, I am ashamed of some of the indecency and lack of humility on this thread. A gesture of gratitude toward Mr. Beck is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do.

I can't believe that some people here are still so dismissive of him. Why are people here talking about F-you or F-that or whatever?

It costs us nothing to forgive others. It costs us nothing to show others love, kindness, and gratitude. Glen was fair and even extremely supportive at times. He deserves better treatment than some of the comments posted here.

Some say he is a neo-con... So what if he is. Neo-cons might just turn into really great republicans if they are shown a little love from the rEVOLution. Peace and Love is the answer to getting Ron Paul's message out.

Believe what ever you want about 9/11. I have my own beliefs but I'll keep them to myself.

constitutional
A death threat would be a horrible thing to be on the receiving end of, and I'm sympathetic to Beck for receiving them. I don't think I can apologize really, because I didn't have anything to do with it, and I condemn any action like that.

I agree.
You guys are falling for his "swat team" comment and what not. Remember, he thinks there are terrorists out there to get this nation because we are rich and free.

How the f- do you justify him excluding Ron Paul from recent polls? He is still a crook and probably causes more damage to America that an average terrorist.

hasan
Poor anaolgy

1. Iran has done NOTHING to us...wheras Beck calling us terrorists is the type of crap that could land us in a prison camp one day.

2. I didnt say we should "threaten"...I said we should fight instead of grovel.

3. It is ludicrous for 1000's of us to apologize for the alleged action of 1 guy. It is HE who owes us the apology

once again we are not apologizing and we certainly arent endorsing his actions. lets get that message out to him shall we?

lets not grovel or pick a fight. let us take the most positive course of action and prove glen beck wrong

zbus12
Here's the letter I wrote to Glen beck.

Glen,
Now while I was upset with you for associating Ron Paul supporters with domestic terrorists, I must say, I was totally blown away by what you said about the "supporter(s)" saying you should be killed. Let me be clear, this does not represent the massive majority of supporters who wish to bring about change in this country through peaceful means. We all know that the freedom message brings ALL people together as is clear with Ron Paul's message. However, unfortunately it brings together the crazies as well, but we must not let that get in the way of the overall movement for a REAL peace and prosperity in this country as well as a REAL peace with the rest of the world as Ron Paul brings to the table in a time of world conflicts and universal deceit all across the political spectrum. So please accept this apology on behalf of the REAL peacemakers of the Ron Paul rEVOLution for such childish remarks if they were indeed true Ron Paul supporters at all.

p.s. Thank you for giving the American people a chance to hear what Dr. Paul had to say on the issues on your show tonight. It was a fair interview and we enjoyed it.

Thanks,

Zach

jashepard
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
you all are creating this into a "ME" argument, maybe you should just tell beck what we believe and stand for instead of apologizing if you don't want to. Stand with Ron Paul and show him the supporters don't support this guy's 1 ludacris threat. It can't hurt.

orion846
If Some One Wants To Kill Him We Should Not Try To Stop Them

reported, ******. someone ban this asshole asap

max
Max,

Declaring the American people and all the media our enemy, is not exactly going to get us anywhere in this election, but defeated.

If you dont identify an evil adversary as such....then what hope do u have of defeating him???

As long as the public thinks the media is not biased..we wont win. Period.

The road to victory lies in DISCREDITING the media. As long as MSM maintains credibility...WE CANNOT WIN

Hurricane Bruiser
I sent a nice message of thanks.

oilboiler
And he gave time for Paul to express himself more fully. And he did very well.

I have already sent a note thanking him for this interview. Beck has the right to disagree with some of Paul's views - that is not important. What is important is that we had an opportunity to present a rational position and make our case.

Storm3
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
letter sent.

Delain
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
EVERYONE send Glenn Beck a heartfelt email and apologize for the horrible people who were reportedly Ron Paul supporters and who said horrible things to Glenn Beck and gave him death threats.

lol

No way. I believe everyone is responsible for their own actions. I dont need to apologise for what someone else did.

If I were to write GB anything, what I wont do because he's not worth my effort, I would "congratulate" him on his wedge driving.

It was ridiculous of GB to confront Ron Paul with this.

logolepsy
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
I emailed, but only to thank him for giving Dr. Paul a fair shake and a free hour of airtime. Thanks for spreading the message Glenn! :D

Hurricane Bruiser
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Who is this newbie poster? Sounds like someone trying to make stupid statements on here to discredit Ron Paul supporters.

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
To many of you... you need to quite picking fights and creating boogymen out of thin air.

We have enough battles to fight, than for you to keep spreading negativity around.

If you don't like the thread - then don't post. If you aren't gonna send a email expressing thanks, then don't post.

These threads get hijacked by negativity and to casual forum browsers - you all appear to be a hateful and threatening bunch. I am frustrated, like you - but I ain't looking for fights.

I have YET to see ANYBODY IN THE MSM give Ron Paul an HOUR OF TIME - have you?

constitutional
12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
In a way, Beck issued a death threat against us. If RP movement gets labeled "domestic terror"....could we theoritically not end up in Guantanamo...and die in captivity?

You dont call innocent people terrorists like Beck did..

He essentially threatened us with Prison camps...and you all want to apologize to him?????

Ditto.

curtisag
12-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Email beck, just do it. We HATE violence.

Lord Xar
Personally, I am ashamed of some of the indecency and lack of humility on this thread. A gesture of gratitude toward Mr. Beck is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do.

I can't believe that some people here are still so dismissive of him. Why are people here talking about F-you or F-that or whatever?

It costs us nothing to forgive others. It costs us nothing to show others love, kindness, and gratitude. Glen was fair and even extremely supportive at times. He deserves better treatment than some of the comments posted here.

Some say he is a neo-con... So what if he is. Neo-cons might just turn into really great republicans if they are shown a little love from the rEVOLution. Peace and Love is the answer to getting Ron Paul's message out.

Believe what ever you want about 9/11. I have my own beliefs but I'll keep them to myself.

I agree a 100%.

This dude did something NOBODY in the MSM has done, and we still shit on it. I mean, a simple "thanks" is all that is needed. But people are still kicking up dirt. Weird to me. Just plain weird.

Oliver
No! I refuse to apologize. I am NOT a g-damn terrorist!

Nor am I. Anyway - let the Terrorists
in here apologize.... :D

GJ-CO4RonPaul

Fuck you, reported, please find something else to do with your time.

mosquitobite
Wow. So many people on this thread put the "love" in Revolution. So many people here prove that the stereotype of RP supporters being irrationally belligerent at all turns to rest. It warms my heart and would surely make Ron Paul proud.

Amen. I'm sitting here tonight wondering how the hell, with us complaining for months that the media ignores Dr Paul, when we finally get an HOUR interview with Dr Paul getting to explain his positions, are we focusing on 5 freaking minutes?? How are people THAT full of hate that they can't see the forest through the trees?

I didn't apologize, but I did send a THANK YOU for him giving him a very fair interview.

I should have thanked him for bringing up the death threats and conspiracies because by doing so he gave Dr Paul a chance to DISTANCE himself from both!!

The anger on the forums tonight, proves much of what Glenn Beck was trying to prove by bringing up those issues.

I'll anxiously await the MTP interview on Sunday and pray people can contain their anger when Dr Paul doesn't get such a softball interview. :rolleyes:

Seth M.
12-18-2007, 07:42 PM
To anyone taking this thread seriously.

Apologizing for someone else's actions contradicts every aspect of personal responsibility, something I'm sure RP supports

+1

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
If you dont identify an evil adversary as such....then what hope do u have of defeating him???

As long as the public thinks the media is not biased..we wont win. Period.

The road to victory lies in DISCREDITING the media. As long as MSM maintains credibility...WE CANNOT WIN

Max - I hear what you are saying, but we are NOT strong enough to wage the battle you want. We have to play by the rules that are in place - and push against them when we can. ala, the fundraisers, the blimp, the grassroots ads - but even so, there are times we MUST and HAVE TO have the MSM report on the Dr. We are not at a stage yet where we can go it alone.

Akus
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
EVERYONE send Glenn Beck a heartfelt email and apologize for the horrible people who were reportedly Ron Paul supporters and who said horrible things to Glenn Beck and gave him death threats.

woah, can you supply details? I've never heard of this..

jashepard
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Exactly! This is madness people.

who cares what he thought or thinks, I truely think our message and the way we handle things is more important than our egos in this matter, accepting things is a much faster way of fixing something rather than ignoring it or brushing it aside because YOU dislike the idea, so accept it and give out a positive message.

Midnight77
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Having maturity issues?

Maybe this was what Glenn Beck was talking about tonight. You think?

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
None of us should say thank you to Glen Beck. He is a neo-con who supports the War in Iraq, supports our rights being violated, supports the War on Drugs, and who supports the Patriot Act.

hasan
12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
thank him for the coverage of ron paul if you will. do not apologize on behalf of anyone else.

GJ-CO4RonPaul
12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
None of us should say thank you to Glen Beck. He is a neo-con who supports the War in Iraq, supports our rights being violated, supports the War on Drugs, and who supports the Patriot Act.

Thank you for the airtime

would it have been better for Ron Paul to have no interview tonight?

We all know the answer is NO!

davidt!
I thought it was inapropriate for Beck to bring that up there. Just another attempt to paint RP supporters as radicals and a threat.

yongrel
To those who doubt it was a Ron Paul supporter who threatened Beck:

Have you looked around lately? While the vast majority of RP's support is composed of good, civil and intelligent people, there is most definitely a vocal minority of wackjobs. They are rather conspicuous, so I don't see how you haven't noticed them

I would not hold it past this very small minority of the bug nutty to threaten Glenn Beck.

I have already sent my apology on their behalf.

newmedia4ron
12-18-2007, 07:47 PM

I agree

SPREAD THE LOVE :D

1997 F250
Maybe We Should Ban You Too Pussy

cradle2graveconservative

As far as I know he DOESN'T support the Patriot Act, but regardless, why does that mean we can't thank him for having our candidate on for an hour?

thePhilosopher
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
B.S.

There's the BS, sir. Read the transcripts, he in NO WAY called us traitors or said we were in bed with terrorists. READ THE TRANSCRIPT BEFORE YOU SOUND LIKE AN IGNORANT ASS!

Oliver
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
People! The whole show was meant to be a Hit-piece!
Apologize? .... L! M! A! O!!! :rolleyes:

Midnight77
12-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Maybe We Should Ban You Too Pussy

I see you just signed up and have been pretty violent on here. Are you a troll? You've already been reported several times by several different people.

newmedia4ron
12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
As far as I know he DOESN'T support the Patriot Act, but regardless, why does that mean we can't thank him for having our candidate on for an hour?

I agree, lets put our differences aside. It was a pretty fair interview so lets at least give him credit for that.

GJ-CO4RonPaul

Ron Paul got to speak his platform for at least 20-30 minutes.

If it was supposed to be a hit piece than it failed!

Glenn: If we weren't both guys...then...

yeah real hit piece.

ppc1040

The show wasn't a hit piece. Being asked difficult questions but being given plenty of time to answer them is never a hit. Its a godsend for Paul.

The fact is one of the major questions hovering over the campaign is the "fringe factor." Guess what, it doesn't go away until it is addressed. Beck gave him a chance to address the issue, and Dr. Paul answered it clearly. We can only hope the rest of his interviewers give him this much freedom to answer.

koob
12-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah maybe Glenn isn't the greatest guy, but we have to kiss a little ass. We need all these types of interviews we can get or we'll get nowhere.

alaric
12-18-2007, 07:57 PM
sent. This was a great interview and i think Rp won him over!:cool:

cradle2graveconservative
I'm not sure sending a thank you email is the same as kissing ass :rolleyes:

Oliver
Yeah maybe Glenn isn't the greatest guy, but we have to kiss a little ass. We need all these types of interviews we can get or we'll get nowhere.

BS. We need more interviews about serious
questions. Not trying to paint someone with
UFO's, NWO, NAFTA, 9/11 JEW-CONSPIRACIES,
INSIDE JOB'S, Kennedy assassination and shi*
like that.

"Kissing his ass"? ... PFFFT! :D

rory096
12-18-2007, 07:58 PM
bump. I was going to do this even before I logged on just now and saw this thread, actually.

rory096
12-18-2007, 07:59 PM
BS. We need more interviews about serious
questions. Not trying to paint someone with
UFO's, NWO, NAFTA, 9/11 JEW-CONSPIRACIES,
INSIDE JOB'S, Kennedy assassination and shi*
like that.

"Kissing his ass"? ... PFFFT! :D
Despite that bit, it was overall a pretty fair and positive interview.

Mister Grieves
12-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Doesn't he still owe Paul an hour of radio time?

Oliver
12-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Despite that bit, it was overall a pretty fair and positive interview.

:D

cradle2graveconservative
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM

I don't remember hearing that, but that would be cool

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-18-2007, 08:04 PM
How 'bout sending Glenn a couple of big bouquets of posies tomorrow to illustrate that we are lovers, not haters...

Anyone?:D

fortilite
12-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Flower bomb!

Soy bomb!

Mister Grieves
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't remember hearing that, but that would be cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNEgkAshNnI

It's at 1:15.

He clearly states both an hour of radio and TV time.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
If you are going to send an apology to Glen Beck why don't you send an apology to Rudy and all the other neo-cons while you are at it? They are all neo-cons!

free.alive
12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
calling Glenn Beck a neocon.

Everyone who is worried about terrorism and thinks that the Iraq war is justified in trying to fight it is not a neocon. They just need more time to understand the message because ours is SO different from what they've been told in every outlet for 6 years now.

The neocons are a relatively small group who have been attacking republicanism from the inside out for a while now.

Yes, many, many people now agree with the line they've been selling for decades now, but that does not mean that they are the propagators of that fallacy. It's more likely they just need to understand a more correct philosophy and interpretation of our country.

So please stop making enemies where you can be building friendships and coalitions.

And trolls - LEAVE, or at least show yourself and debate.

And you who put your 9/11 truth above all the good things that the good Dr. and this movement stand for, you who would sacrifice us and Ron Paul's candidacy for your own agenda, go support Kucinich or Gravel. If you believe in this and you keep it to yourself or at the very least aren't telling people that Ron Paul agrees with you, please stay because the RP REV. needs all the freedom lovers it can get.

These are MY opinions and requests. If you want to deliciously engage me in debate on this, please do. It is Dec. 1774 and traitors and apostates are as vile to me as the enemy at this point, so I will not relent!

libertarianbob01
12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
How many people watched RP on the shows he appeared with today?

derdy
12-18-2007, 09:50 PM
i won't apologize for another's behavior.

as someone else pointed out, he has a hate mail section on his website full of death threats. if he was so fearful of death threats, he wouldn't make a joke of it on his site.

I call BS on Glenn

squirrelbrewer
12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
IMHO, there is no need to apologize on behalf of lunatics who threaten other people. Those who act in a violent manner are the ones who need to apologize, and no one else.

free.alive
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
And for any doubters who haven't seen the interview yet - That was a fucking great interview. No, Glenn Beck didn't kiss Ron Paul's ass (well, he did seem like he was ready to at one point). Why it was such a great interview was that he did exactly what I asked him to when I wrote him - he asked the sensitive stuff, he asked the dirtiest stuff he could, he asked the complicated things and he let Ron Paul give full, honest answers.

My only queasiness, was how Glenn Beck KEPT reiterating the libertarian thing, but if that becomes a problem that's an easy objection to overcome.

philistineau
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Nobody likes to be threatened - Ron Paul disavowed violence and that is good enough for me.

Oliver
12-18-2007, 09:57 PM
IMHO, there is no need to apologize on behalf of lunatics who threaten other people. Those who act in a violent manner are the ones who need to apologize, and no one else.

What threat did he mean anyway? Does someone
know what that Video was about? PM me if you feel
this shouldn't be public.

rightobeleftalone
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
emailed both and thanked them for the show.

free.alive
12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
I agree, I won't apologize for others either. I WON'T call BS Glenn Beck until Dr. Paul comes out and says the video he was shown off air was fake. He won't, and I doubt it was.

However, because this is important to us and we know anything short of victory is a loss, it us up the vast majority who are sensible among us to identify the idiots and set them as straight as we can. Individuals can do great, powerful, wonderful things. A few individuals can also destroy movements and bring down skyscrapers with airplanes. Or not. But we know they could.

free.alive
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree. Ron Paul is masterful under attack, and I hope we are all learning by listening how to handle, in the best way, the viciousness that some throw our way.

kutibah
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Emailed and thanked and apologized...

Midnight77
12-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Emailed and thanked and apologized...

+1.

As did I.

rory096
12-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I thought it was the same thing (the same show airs on both radio and TV). I could be wrong, though.

rory096
12-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately these idiots are representing this campaign, so it's important to clear Paul's name and show people that this nonsense is not representative of this movement as a whole.

Soccrmastr
12-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah guys think about it if you saw a video of some political-crazed people threatening to kill you and your family wouldn't you be a little concerned? If you were a famous person AND saw that video wouldn't you be even more concerned for your family etc?

Great interviews anyway. Ill send some emails.

robert4rp08
You guys make me cry. He brought up 911 because he gets a lot of emails from "Ron Paul truthers." It was fair to ask RP about his opinion on it, and he did it in a non-confrontational way.

MadViking10
I sent him an e-mail to thank him for a fair and hour long interview and just sent him another. The second was to beg him to ignore the idiots that unfortunately do nothing to represent the overwhelming majority of Ron Paul supporters both in this country and around the world.

Revolution9
12-18-2007, 10:13 PM

I make it a point to NEVER apologize for that which I did not commit. Why anybody would do so is beyond me really.. Heavily induced guilt trip? Birth trauma?

Randy

NYgs23
12-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Boy, this Beck thing is sure seperating the sheep from the goats...

dougkeenan
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Don't tell me Beck wants to french kiss sheep and goats too!

pacelli
12-19-2007, 01:38 PM

I call BS on this one.

Probably because showing the youtube would compromise the on-going investigation.

RonPaulMania
12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
If you don't feel the need to apologize at least thank him for the hour infomercial which boosts Paul credibility to the people who have been told he's a kook.

homeboyjase
12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Sent.

Mark Rushmore
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
In another post here someone claimed to have listened to the Glenn Beck show today - where in the last 15 minutes Glenn explained that he had Ron on so he [Ron] could further alienate himself by showing how absurd his position on Israel was. I have no idea how accurate that report is (looking for the link now) - but your thank you drive might be a bit premature.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=666192&postcount=70 - found the post, again, no idea of the veracity but I think Beck shows get released on podcast the next day - so we will find out soon enough.

mport1
12-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Apology sent.

LandonCook
12-19-2007, 02:51 PM
bump

bc2208
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
emphatically sent!

reverse
12-19-2007, 03:20 PM
An apology is unnecessary here, however I did mention that it was disturbing to hear that those 'supporters' threatened him and his family.

RevolutionSD
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Beck threatened to KILL Michael Moore a while ago.
He's a total hypocrite and who knows if his death threats were real anyway.

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I haven't read the 18 pages of threads, but apoligizing and sending flowers to a show pony is bizarre.

Stop behaving like drama queens, and get with the program!

RonPaulFever
12-19-2007, 03:43 PM

Exactly. Thank you for posting that.

Most of the people who are against thanking Mr. Beck or expressing concern about the death threat are using foul language and/or showing negative attitudes. This tells me that a friendly email is the right way to go, and after further consideration I've decided to send him one myself.

beobeli
12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Bill O'Railly gets (rhetorical) death treats all the time. That is the business they are in. I guess Beck is just getting used to this.

Anyway, I sympathize and I've sent an email to that effect.

Malakai0
12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
The death threat thing was just a publicity stunt, Beck can't be stupid enough to think everything on the internet is serious.

There's an old saying, 'the internet is serious business'.

ConstitutionReinstitution
12-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Baloney.
Prove it.

It would be way too easy to make death threats and them claim to be an RP supporter in order to discredit RP and his supporters.

I just heard on the radio that a guy around here (geographically, not forum-wise) just got 7 years for making bomb threats earlier this year. So even if it is true, THAT'S how it should be handled.

Send thanks if you want to, that's your business, but when you apologize for something you or we had nothing to do with, you are discrediting RP and his supporters. Visualize the other fossil media getting a hold of this and their headlines, or video texting while they interview him, are: "Ron Paul Supporters Apologize For Death Threats". And that is all they see or read.

We are in a den of snakes. Watch your step.

Spirit of '76
12-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Glen Beck gets nothing from me, least of all an apology.

Hell, he owes us a thousand apologies.

Sematary
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
B.S.

+100
I'm with you. Glen Beck can kiss my ass.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
"Thank you" e-mail sent.

To the guys above who decided not to send one, you have the right to free speech and I'm not going to tell you what to say, but it's a basic rule of psychology that positive reinforcement is the most effective way of encouraging good behavior, and that rule includes media coverage.

udecker
12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I make it a point to NEVER apologize for that which I did not commit. Why anybody would do so is beyond me really.. Heavily induced guilt trip? Birth trauma?

Grace?

Sematary
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM
"Thank you" e-mail sent.

To the guys above who decided not to send one, you have the right to free speech and I'm not going to tell you what to say, but it's a basic rule of psychology that positive reinforcement is the most effective way of encouraging good behavior, and that rule includes media coverage.

Again - Glen Beck compared us to TERRORISTS and suggest that WE were the domestic enemies of the constitution. He gets ZERO from me. After all the arguments about boycotting his sponsors and the ANGER that people felt over what he said about US, I can't believe people are doing this but it's (still) a semi-free country so if you feel the need to give this jackass positive reinforcement, don't feel like what I have to say has any bearing on your life.

electronicmaji
12-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Frankly the whole thing smells like Bullshit.

Spirit of '76
12-19-2007, 05:38 PM
"Thank you" e-mail sent.

Well, you're certainly free to send him fanmail, but just be aware that even as you guys are sending him all these love letters, he's back on the radio today talking about how he was only letting Ron talk so that he'd have enough rope to hang himself. :rolleyes:

Who owns/syndicate's Beck's radio show, anyway? Is it Clear Channel, which is owned by Mitt Romney?