PDA

View Full Version : Just dropped the Ron Paul bomb on Phil Valentines show :)

Rintrah54
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
For those that dont recognize the name, Valentine is a nationally cindicated republican talking head....pretty hardcore. Doesnt like Ron Pauls war stance.

Anyway, he was talking about the fence so, when I called in, I buttered him up by telling him I was a FORMER democrat. He got all giddy. Then I proceeded to espouse the idea that the real issue is the subsidies and incentives which draw immigrants(Ron Pauls stance) and further, that the fence totally disregarded the root of the issue.

He got all flustered for a second and was like "Well, you'll get no argument from me!!" and went on for a second agreeing with me. Then I said "and you know what? The only candidate I have heard talking about this is RON PAUL" making sure to put a heavy emphasis on the Ron Paul part.

Hehehehe. I was promptly cut off while he went on to say Ron Paul would have his vote were his terrorism stance different.

I loved it. Point being......I think this is a useful tactic to get name recognition...especially if you set it up by making the host agree with you. To boot, it was easy as hell to get on the show.

anotherone
12-18-2007, 06:44 PM
rock on!

Ron LOL
12-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Very nicely done. This is a great tactic to use! As we all know, people turn to support Dr. Paul pretty much the instant that they actually learn what his positions are.

Paulestinian
12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Just as the great communicator Dale Carnegie recommended to win people to your way of thinking: "Get the other person saying "yes, yes" immediately."