PDA

View Full Version : What stance means the most to you?

rockfree33
07-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Out of all of the consistent and constitutional stances Ron Paul has on the issues facing America today, which one means the most to you?

For me it's his stance against world governmental organizations. I don't like the idea that our currency will be some day tied with Canadian and Mexican money called the "Amero". You know right after they create the Amero it will merge with the Euro. Then our country will be out of control of it's own money and Americans will be slaves to other countries demands. Never let this happen! Ron Paul for President, accept no substitutes!

Exponent
07-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Foreign policy of non-intervention.

Dan Klaus
07-07-2007, 07:22 AM
^^Concur 110%^^

torchbearer
07-07-2007, 08:10 AM
The Constitution is the msot important 'stance' follow it. Everything else falls into place.

james1906
07-07-2007, 01:19 PM
national sovereignty, regardless of the nation

AZ Libertarian
07-07-2007, 01:50 PM
"...reinstate the Constitution and restore the Republic." - Dr. No!

ChrisM
07-07-2007, 02:08 PM
His strict Constitutionalism is what ties me most to him

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-07-2007, 02:14 PM
My favorite stance that RP holds: The rule of law and obeying the Constitution.

Monetary Policy comes in right after that.

JS4Pat
07-07-2007, 02:22 PM
1. Foreign policy of non-intervention (Voting NO on the Iraq War Resolution)

2. His Pro-Life Position

3. His commitment to limiting the federal government to those powers granted to it in the Constitution

ksuguy
07-07-2007, 02:43 PM
His solid support for the 2nd amendment, followed closely by his stance on taxation.

Broadlighter
07-07-2007, 02:44 PM
The Constitution, hands down. Sound money is the key to everything, but that's written into the Constitution.

Nefertiti
07-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Foreign policy, followed by his using the constitution as his guiding principle, followed by his views on no amnesty for illegals.

LibertyEagle
07-07-2007, 07:08 PM
The Constitution is the msot important 'stance' follow it. Everything else falls into place.

I second this.

Oddball
07-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Ditto.

austin356
07-07-2007, 07:43 PM
His Federal Reserve System (not the system itself but how it manifest itself; Fiat, etc) and Income tax policy. Both are needed for either of them to fully work.

w/o both of those, the Welfare state could not be funded. The foreign adventurism could not be funded. And the Feds would have much less leverage over the states.

Defining Obscene
07-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I hate to say, but healthcare. I don't mean to bring this up because of Michael Moore and Hillary Clinton, but this has gone on long enough. I have been hit personally by the United States healthcare system and I really felt disenfranchised with the people who are supposed to help us. Some people don't pay attention to healthcare until it hits them and then before you know it, you're like me, losing your house and going bankrupt because the expenses are astronomically above any middle-American's earnings.

foofighter20x
07-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Cutting spending.

So many other issues (like wars overseas, high taxes, corporate welfare, and big government) stem from this one issue.

constituent
07-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Monetary Policy

As a native South Texan I disagree with his policy toward immigration. It is my opinion that if I cannot travel 2 1/2 hrs. west without passing through two government checkpoints and one day being required a passport I am not free. If I have friends or family that want to drive 2 1/2 hrs. east to visit and they cannot do so without passing through two government checkpoints and being required to carry a D.C. issued visa, again I am not free.

I've said it before and no doubt will say it again. If you want to stop immigration, and if you have to build a wall, do it on the Red River, do it on the Natchez.

Richie
07-09-2007, 10:56 AM
His love and respect for the Constitution, and the fact that he's a common man. All of the other politicians are millionaires, and they certainly can't represent somebody like me.

DrKevorkian
07-12-2007, 03:25 PM
foreign policy absolutely

Ira Aten
07-12-2007, 05:32 PM
The most important stance of Ron Paul, is his position of an absolute belief in the words of Article VI of the United States Constitution.

Once one reads the entirity of Article VI, and considers the unarguable fact that the Bill of Rights is as much a part of the Constitution of the United States as are the Articles themselves, and one realizes exactly what Article VI means, pretty much all issues we attempt to "legislate" to or on, ....are already covered.

If Ron Paul became President, our Nation would begin its march back to a Representative Republic directly due to his understanding of Article VI, and the oath he swore to "preserve, protect, and defend" Articles I through VII, along with the Bill of Rights. In other words, the Executive Branch would enforce law based upon the Supreme Law of the Land.

And therefore that would include things such as, say, the IVth Amendment protection being SUPREME law.

Shellshock1918
07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
The Right to Keep and bear arms, the NAU, the border, taxes, size of government, monetary policy and foreign policy.

giskard
07-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Repealing the Federal Reserve Act.

thuja
07-12-2007, 08:39 PM
i want all my freedoms, and especially no National ID card and no RFID ID of any sort. No more patriot act, and no NAIS. i want good plain clean food, not chemical, cloned, genetically modified, bacterial -treated imitation food, and i want nutritional supplements free from the influence of big pharma
thank God Ron Paul is here to help us!

BigSteve
07-12-2007, 09:13 PM
The most important issue to me is stopping illegal immigration.