PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU want Ron Paul to win the nomination or not? Decide NOW!

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Do YOU want Ron Paul to win the nomination or not?

If so, we need to cut out unproductive conversation, useless debating, and bickering between ourselves and focus on supporting our candidate! There is only a SHORT period of time remaining before the early primaries and we need to get our act together. I suggest the following actions be taken.

1) Lets cease immediately from talking about useless topics such as Ron Paul running with Kucinich, a third party run, or our candidates chances of winning. Lets focus on spreading the word about Ron Paul far and wide (especially in the early primary states) so he CAN win the REPUBLICAN primary!

2) Lets stop criticizing the choices and decisions of the official campaign. Can we make suggestions and give our opinion? Sure! However, when they have made a decision we need to support it, get behind it, and make the most of it! The last thing we need to do is start multi-page threads about how the campaign "must" do this or "must NOT" do that after a decision has been made or a commercial has been produced.

3) Lets stop talking so much about other candidates. There are times when this cannot be avoided. However, I've seen a certain other candidate mentioned FAR too often on this forum. If we let ourselves start talking about other candidates, worrying about who is a threat to our campaign, and get distracted then THE OTHER candidates are successfully disrupting our forum! That's right, we are allowing THEM to get the upper hand when we get distracted by what they say or do!

4) Lets remain positive. Yes, the media is doing their best to marginalize Ron Paul. They have been doing so from the start! Also, we are going to face challenges and setbacks. Didn't we expect that months ago? We have made very good progress so far and if we remain positive and keep up what we have been doing Ron Paul CAN INDEED WIN!

5) We need to stay focused on winning the early primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire. Of course there are other events happening such as the end of the quarter fundraiser on New Year's Eve. But I think if we shift our attention toward the early primaries and away from debating useless topics like a third party run, bickering among ourselves, obsessing about other candidates, and criticizing the official campaign's decisions we can WIN THESE EARLY PRIMARIES!

---

I urge all of you to please stay focused on PRODUCTIVE discussion that can allow our campaign to WIN the early primaries! Now is the time to unite together and support our candidate!

Joe3113
12-18-2007, 05:25 PM

If so, we need to cut out unproductive conversation, useless debating, and bickering between ourselves and focus on supporting our candidate! There is only a SHORT period of time remaining before the early primaries and we need to get our act together. I suggest the following actions be taken.

1) Lets cease immediately from talking about useless topics such as Ron Paul running with Kucinich, a third party run, or our candidates chances of winning. Lets focus on spreading the word about Ron Paul far and wide (especially in the early primary states) so he CAN win the REPUBLICAN primary!

2) Lets stop criticizing the choices and decisions of the official campaign. Can we make suggestions and give our opinion? Sure! However, when they have made a decision we need to support it, get behind it, and make the most of it! The last thing we need to do is start multi-page threads about how the campaign "must" do this or "must NOT" do that after a decision has been made or a commercial has been produced.

3) Lets stop talking so much about other candidates. There are times when this cannot be avoided. However, I've seen a certain other candidate mentioned FAR too often on this forum. If we let ourselves start talking about other candidates, worrying about who is a threat to our campaign, and get distracted then THE OTHER candidates are successfully disrupting our forum! That's right, we are allowing THEM to get the upper hand when we get distracted by what they say or do!

4) Lets remain positive. Yes, the media is doing their best to marginalize Ron Paul. They have been doing so from the start! Also, we are going to face challenges and setbacks. Didn't we expect that months ago? We have made very good progress so far and if we remain positive and keep up what we have been doing Ron Paul CAN INDEED WIN!

5) We need to stay focused on winning the early primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire. Of course there are other events happening such as the end of the quarter fundraiser on New Year's Eve. But I think if we shift our attention toward the early primaries and away from debating useless topics like a third party run, bickering among ourselves, obsessing about other candidates, and criticizing the official campaign's decisions we can WIN THESE EARLY PRIMARIES!

---

I urge all of you to please stay focused on PRODUCTIVE discussion that can allow our campaign to WIN the early primaries! Now is the time to unite together and support our candidate!

F-OFF TROLL!!!!

hard@work
Agreed with Menthol Patch. Troll accusations or not.

defcreative
You're actually right on this, there has been quite a bit of unproductive posts lately.

You may be labeled a troll for some of your other posts, but this one is actually accurate IMO.

Real_CaGeD
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
"We ARE the REPUBLICAN party." "We are truly CONSERVATIVE."

chiefsmurph
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
how is it that every other post i read they get called a troll?

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:27 PM
There are thousands and thousands of us who post on this forum. If we all unite together and get productive we can win the early primaries.

trey4sports
12-18-2007, 05:27 PM
F-OFF TROLL!!!!

no no, this guy is right on point. we bicker about useless stuff way too much

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:28 PM
F-OFF TROLL!!!!

Just for you I will post it again.

1913_to_2008
You're actually right on this, there has been quite a bit of unproductive posts lately.

You may be labeled a troll for some of your other posts, but this one is actually accurate IMO.

Yup, he's right. We need to continue charging forward.

Menthol Patch

---

john_anderson_ii
12-18-2007, 05:29 PM

--- SNIP ---
---

I agree 100%. I'm behind you on this one. This forum is for getting Dr. Paul elected. If you want to complain about the government, or talk about Huckabee's socks or whatever, there are other forums for that. Iowa, New Hampshire & South Carolina need are help, and we've got work to do.

ShowMeLiberty
12-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I agree with the OP.

I've started limiting my time on this forum to no more than one hour a day because I don't want to keep getting caught up in useless chatter when there's real work to be done and no time to waste.

Menthol Patch

That's what I'm trying to say. We are dealing with too many side issues instead of focusing on winning. If we stop bickering, stop arguing, and remain focused on what MATTERS we can win!

defcreative
Do YOU want Ron Paul to win the nomination or not?...

...I urge all of you to please stay focused on PRODUCTIVE discussion that can allow our campaign to WIN the early primaries! Now is the time to unite together and support our candidate!

Now come on, I just supported what you said and you had to be obnoxious and repost the original message.

Come now..

xtravar
This is the interweb. That is what people do on the interweb. Especially while they're at work.

richk
LOL I agree with you, but it's quite ironic coming from you.

But the blimp must go to Boston or people must get their money back, etc. etc. It must!!!!!!!"

Rinse and repeat 1000000 times .

Look in the mirror dude.

Apparently disagreement is OK if you are the one doing it, correct??

hard@work
Well, Menthol to address the "troll" accusations you did make a mammoth stink over the blimp thing. It was agitating to many many many supporters. You should think about your own actions in reference to your own words here.

Just some thoughts for you from an objective perspective bud.

:)

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Now come on, I just supported what you said and you had to be obnoxious and repost the original message.

Come now..

I was not posting it again to attack you. I reposted it because the "Curl" user called me a troll.

firebirdnation
12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I agree, we need to get active and I think we need to focus on local activism and grassroots projects.

defcreative
12-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I was not posting it again to attack you. I reposted it because the "Curl" user called me a troll.

I understand that, but you need to also understand that people will take that action as a reflection upon you and will treat you poorly because of it. Sometimes the best thing to do when someone labels you as something you aren't, is to just ignore it and show who you are through your positive posts. You get me? ;)

Otherwise you risk annoying other people and perpetuating your negative label.

defcreative
But, back on topic I agree with the OP.

richk
you are a troll. Go revisit your "Blimp must go to Boston or else" thread. :rolleyes:

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:36 PM
you are a troll. Go revisit your "Blimp must go to Boston or else" thread. :rolleyes:

No, I am not a troll. I totally support Ron Paul and the campaign. I've posted like crazy on here in support of Rudy's Reading List, the Tea Party, and the official campaign.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I understand that, but you need to also understand that people will take that action as a reflection upon you and will treat you poorly because of it. Sometimes the best thing to do when someone labels you as something you aren't, is to just ignore it and show who you are through your positive posts. You get me? ;)

Otherwise you risk annoying other people and perpetuating your negative label.

I don't care what you all say about me.

I'm not a troll. Anyone that has called me one obviously has not read all the posts I've made in support of countless projects on this forum.

Of course if someone calls me a troll I'm going to redouble my efforts at whatever I'm doing.

richk
12-18-2007, 05:39 PM
That's for sure; 65 posts per day to be accurate. I agree with you in theory, but you surely are not the one to be taking the high road on this subject. How divisive were you in that thread?? I'm done with this thread. :)

Cleaner44
12-18-2007, 05:40 PM

I agree. Let's be positive in our words and action. We need to move Ron Paul forward. That is our mission. Anything that takes away from our mission robs us of energy. Forget all of the other bullshit.

Oliver
12-18-2007, 05:41 PM

---

+1:)

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
That's for sure; 65 posts per day to be accurate. I agree with you in theory, but you surely are not the one to be taking the high road on this subject. How divisive were you in that thread?? I'm done with this thread. :)

Yes, I post many times a day. I have dedicated a lot of time supporting Ron Paul online. I am also a very fast typist.

Why don't you have more posts per day?

What is wrong with a lot of posts per day?

If you read the posts I have made I've been supporting Rudy's Reading List, the Tea Party, and the official campaign.

familydog
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I agree, mostly. But don't tell me I better not voice my disagreement with the campaign. If I feel they are doing something to hurt themselves or not doing something right then I will let them know in a calm civil manner. You're right, this is about getting Ron Paul elected, which is why I care enough to express my concerns over something. I've only contacted them a couple times, because I agree with most of what they do. I should keep my mouth shut?

Besides, don't you go around yelling Neo-con this or that at threads dedicated to conservative pundits like Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity etc? Shouldn't I expect the same from you?

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
+1:)

Thank you.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree, mostly. But don't tell me I better not voice my disagreement with the campaign. If I feel they are doing something to hurt themselves or not doing something to hurt themselves then I will let them know in a calm civil manner. You're right, this is about getting Ron Paul elected, which is why I care enough to express my concerns over something. I've only contacted them a couple times, because I agree with most of what they do. I should keep my mouth shut?

Besides, don't you go around yelling Neo-con this or that at threads dedicated to conservative pundits like Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity etc? Shouldn't I expect the same from you?

I'm not just talking to all of you. I'm talking to myself too. I should never post on threads about Huckabee, Kucinich, or other candidates.

However, you do NOT see me starting threads about those candidates. People need to STOP making useless threads saying INSANE things like Ron Paul should run with McCain.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree, mostly. But don't tell me I better not voice my disagreement with the campaign. If I feel they are doing something to hurt themselves or not doing something to hurt themselves then I will let them know in a calm civil manner. You're right, this is about getting Ron Paul elected, which is why I care enough to express my concerns over something. I've only contacted them a couple times, because I agree with most of what they do. I should keep my mouth shut?

By the way, if you disagree with them you can contact them and share your opinion. I have no problem with that. However, I have seen too many people complaining about the infomercial instead of promoting it.

Voice
12-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I need attention.

:rolleyes:

richk
Yes, I post many times a day. I have dedicated a lot of time supporting Ron Paul online. I am also a very fast typist.

Why don't you have more posts per day?

What is wrong with a lot of posts per day?

If you read the posts I have made I've been supporting Rudy's Reading List, the Tea Party, and the official campaign.

Just answer this: How divisive were you in that thread about the blimp going to Boston? Very is the answer. Just want you to realize that, in case you can't see it. :)

familydog
You are right, in my opinion. It must be noted that replying to threads, liek I'm doing now keeps them alives and keeps the debate alive. See, I just bumped this to the top. So I'm guilty too.

richk
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM

QFMFT.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Just answer this: How divisive were you in that thread about the blimp going to Boston? Very is the answer. Just want you to realize that, in case you can't see it. :)

What does that have anything to do with my original post?

It has nothing to do with it.

What I said in the original post is TRUTH if we want to win.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 05:53 PM

No, I want Ron Paul to win.

I do not care about attention.

I just know that we are getting distracted by a dozen useless things instead of focusing on winning.

Joe3113
12-18-2007, 05:55 PM
I hate the fact that I have to keep saying this. Menthol Patch is simply trying to gain credibility by making a series of posts which appear supportive. Notice how he posts insanely frequently. He wants you to associate his name with being supportive of Ron. Then, with his credibility intact, he suddenly makes negative posts triggered by particular events. His credibiliy in some users eyes means that his negative posts will hold some creed with them and create doubt in their minds.

This is a very commonly used psychological warfare tactic.

If you study the post history you will see the pattern. I hate being negative but I want everyone to know what this user is trying to do.

FreeTraveler
12-18-2007, 05:56 PM
6) Let's stop tearing down grassroots efforts because we don't think they're being run exactly the same way we would, and instead get behind and support every effort to get the word out about the good doctor!

Liberty Star
12-18-2007, 05:59 PM

---

Well said.

For best results we have to prioritize and use this time and energy effectively.
A wind burst will be just an impressive wind burst unless its energy is harnessed wisely to generate power that spreads light.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I hate the fact that I have to keep saying this. Menthol Patch is simply trying to gain credibility by making a series of posts which appear supportive. Notice how he posts insanely frequently. He wants you to associate his name with being supportive of Ron. Then, with his credibility intact, he suddenly makes negative posts triggered by particular events. His credibiliy in some users eyes means that his negative posts will hold some creed with them and create doubt in their minds.

This is a very commonly used psychological warfare tactic.

If you study the post history you will see the pattern. I hate being negative but I want everyone to know what this user is trying to do.

No, I totally support Ron Paul. If someone accuses me of not supporting him I will make a dozen posts defending myself.

For goodness sakes, I opposed ONE project that was NOT sanctioned by the official campaign that turned out to have a TON of problems.

You are attacking me unfairly. Go read my posts. If I was against Ron Paul why would I urge people on here all day long to donate during Rudy's Reading List and the Tea Party? Why would I urge them to DIGG positive articles about Ron Paul? Why have I dugg hundreds of articles about Ron Paul?

Have you seriously read my posts?

Trolls do exist, but I am not one of them.

A troll would not be constantly supporting Ron Paul.

Menthol Patch
12-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Well said.

For best results we have to prioritize and use this time and energy effectively.
A wind burst will be just an impressive wind burst unless its energy is harnessed wisely to generate power that spreads light.

Thank you!

Wayne Hammond
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
F-OFF TROLL!!!!

I, for one, welcome our new troll overlords...

http://www.businessinnovationinsider.com/images/2006/02/Troll.jpg

... as long as they vote for Ron Paul.

... and Menthol isn't a troll... he's uglier that that, especially when he needs a nicotine fix. ;) He may be a lot of things, but not a troll.

malibu
12-18-2007, 06:20 PM

---

Criticizing the campaign f-ups are important to avoid them making some of the same damn mistakes
over and over discouraging volunteers and supporters from participation -

Sweeping it under the carpet DOES NOT help .

jacmicwag
12-18-2007, 06:55 PM
And how many letters, phone calls, and door knocks could have been completed in the time it took to complete this discussion about being productive? If anyone is interested, I've got about 10,000 college students in Iowa who are waiting for RP pitch e-mails. We can use a hand the last two weeks getting these out.

jacmicwag@hotmail.com