PDA

View Full Version : Easier to breakthrough: Local TV, Radio & Print.

hueylong
12-18-2007, 05:10 PM
With all our complaining about the MSM, please remember that it is a lot easier to get favorable coverage in local media.

The national media are generally jaded and dismissive. But in any given small or medium sized media market (even a lot of the big ones) -- it's fairly easy to get coverage of a local rally, or grassroots activities.

Just send polite, well written notices (e-mail is Okay) to your local TV, radio stations and newspapers letting them know the "5 W's":

- who you are (local Ron Paul Meetup group, etc)
- what you're doing (rally, canvassing, waving signs on streetcorners, bake sale, etc)
- where you're doing it (the corner of 1st & main, the community center, etc)
- when you're doing it (specific day and time)
- why you're doing it (to support the campaign of Dr. Paul, to promote freedom and smaller government, to protest the war, etc.)

We already are getting hundreds and hundreds of articles and stories in local media... come up with your own ideas on how to push the Revolution in your area.

It's really not that hard.

Just remember to be polite, specific, accurate and accomodating when dealing with local media outlets...

There are lots of ways to get around the national MSM. This is one.

Huey

WilliamC
12-18-2007, 05:15 PM
This is true, I've gotten onto 3 local radio shows lately and even though two of the hosts were negative towards Ron Paul they still gave me time to state my case.

Call your local talk radio shows, please.

hueylong
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Local TV and print can be just as easy. Especially if you're doing something 'visual'.

Colorful hand painted signs, that sort of thing.

Huey

econojon
12-18-2007, 05:25 PM
For example, we should really work on New England Cable News, which is really popular in New Hampshire!