PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the two major grassroots campaigns.

bgky4paul
12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
After reading all the posts about Huck's Army's renewed hatred of us, I had a few thoughts.

I love that the two candidates can, in several ways, be mirrored in their respective grassroots on-line communities. Huck's Army is banning people and closing down threads left and right. Being polite seems to be more important to the folks over there than getting to the meat of any issue. As a result, their community remains relatively small, with most posts by just a few people. When someone over there tries to get creative, their ideas are picked apart and hammered to death and the few energetic souls are told why the idea won't work. They love to complain about how mean other people are to them, particularly RP supporters.

Meanwhile, back at the RP grassroots, liberty is king. We have thousands of members, with hundreds on-line at any one time exchanging ideas at the speed of lightning. Yes, some of us are a bit rude, and some of us use language that others find objectionable, but at the end of the day, we work it out for ourselves. We come up with great ideas and we get things done. We do things that no one on the outside would have believed possible. We are what a Ron Paul presidency would look like.

As a Christian, I emphatically state that I will NEVER vote for Huckabee, under ANY circumstances. That man is the worst kind of hypocrite.

Edit: Actually, even calling their effort over there a major grassroots community is kind of silly. Forgive me if I was too generous in my characterization.

rfbz
12-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Huck's army isn't even a real grassroots effort. When I was a member of their "grassroots forum" I got motivational campaign e-mails every other day.

As far as being polite, even that doesn't help. I made 1 post there which was very polite and respectful (a Huck supporter even commented on it as such) and my ip address was banned the same day.

idiom
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
This grassroots is the embodiment on America, loud, obnoxious, blunt, thoughtful, kind, vengeful, paranoid, honest ......................................... and getting more done than anyone thought possible.

trey4sports
12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
that forum is filled with delusional hypermoralist christian fucks who denounce the constitution and have some kind of grand idea that huckabee will usher in the 2nd coming and no one can stop him......hah it will be awfully sad for them when tha huckster fizzles out

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Hucks army is NO GREATER THAN, MAYBE,two thousand strong.. that is it.

His support is media generated - nothing more. He has amost NO online and grassroots support.
Who are they kidding...

Chomsky
12-18-2007, 05:15 PM
You have to love a political campaign that is not politically correct. Like Dr. Paul said:
"Freedom is risky"

hard@work
12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
The two "Major" grasroots campaigns are Ron Paul and Barack Obama.

Huckabee supporters started copying us (like everything Huckabee does isn't copied off of Paul lately...).

conner_condor
12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
What,When did he have a grassroots?

Ron LOL
12-18-2007, 05:23 PM
There's no comparison to be made. The Huckster's "army" is a cheap imitation.

texasbelle
12-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Hucks army is NO GREATER THAN, MAYBE,two thousand strong.. that is it.

His support is media generated - nothing more. He has amost NO online and grassroots support.
Who are they kidding...

worth repeating!!!!!!!!!!!

HazardPerry
12-18-2007, 05:30 PM
"No army can stop an idea whose time has come." :p

paulpwns
12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Can we pleasing hucking stop talking about huck?

I will never type his name again.

hard@work
12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, I have to say this thread and all others in reference to Huckabee have been in his favor. We're helping him with this attention when we should be focusing on issues. And how many of these threads have been issue based.

Like.. NONE...

davidkachel
12-18-2007, 05:40 PM
How can you compare something that DOES exist to something that DOES NOT exist???
Huck's army is a figment of the media's imagination.
Will people PLEASE stop posting about this guy. He is an also ran at best, a nothing that deserves no attention.

VoluntaryMan
12-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Huckabee has some enthusiastic supporters, but that group is very small, and it is NOT a grass roots movement. Huckabee's support is as soft as Giuliani's. It's all about name recognition, right now, and being seen as the anti-Giuliani. There is a cadre of values voters who support him because they (naively) believe that his credentials prove him to be a true Christian conservative; they haven't yet discovered (but they will) that he's both a ChINO and a RINO.The good news is that most Christians (a group to which I belong) haven't fallen for this phony. There is another small group attracted to him because they haven't yet figured out that eliminating the IRS is better than replacing it with something else (that they haven't yet figured this out is probably one of Dr. Paul's best arguments for eliminating the DoEd). Other than those two small groups, his national poll numbers are pure smoke and mirrors; he's just the latest flavor of the month (e.g., "yeah, I heard of that guy; isn't he supposed to be more conservative than Rudy?"). If Ron Paul were being pimped by the MSM as the 2nd coming, for a month straight, he'd be at 75% in the polls already, and everyone else would have gone home. It isn't real. The more WE get our own message out, instead of waiting for the MSM to do it, the more rapidly Dr Paul's popularity will rise.

VoluntaryMan
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Hickaboob's "grassroots" movement makes you apply with the official campaign to become a "grassroots" coordinator. Um...that ain't grassroots.