PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts On Media, Polls, & Primary

Mike S.
12-18-2007, 05:01 PM
The media seems to be driven by the poll numbers to some extent, assuming it is somewhat objective. Big IF in some cases. Yet there are at least a few big media sources that would feel forced to give RP coverage if he were in the top 3.

Poll numbers are low. Why? Every poll I have seen only counts "Republican" voters. So a person is asked whether or not they are Republican before their answer is even taken. Most of the friends I have enlisted at enthusiastic supporters of RP would not consider themselves "Republican" voters. So if they were polled, the poll would end after one question.

So, we NEED a good showing in these first primaries. If he gets 4% in IOWA, it will be not looking good. But I believe RP can do much better than the polls predict due to the crossover vote. But WE need to help with this for it to happen. We need to spread the word and bring folks on board a few friends at a time. If we each bring a bunch of people, and then after that each person brings in a bunch and so on, we reach a LOT of people very quickly due to the exponential increase. Ron Paul's message is popular enough for this to happen, but it needs to happen FAST!

Call a few friends that you think would like to have Ron Paul as president. I have found that those opposed to the war get on board real quick. Also, those that are disenchanted with the typical pres candidates of the two parties sign on. START TONIGHT!

slantedview
12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
i just want to comment, the media isn't necessarily driven by poll numbers. they started pushing huck HARD back when he was polling equal or lower than Paul.

IMO, they are driven by which candidate(s) will best support their bottom line if they're elected. they are corporations, after all.

idiom
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
We do need to find the polling lists and work on converting those people. They are the party base and they should convert fairly happily with the right attitude and enough information.

They are already Republicans and they have a voting record to boot.

brumans
12-18-2007, 05:15 PM
i just want to comment, the media isn't necessarily driven by poll numbers. they started pushing huck HARD back when he was polling equal or lower than Paul.

IMO, they are driven by which candidate(s) will best support their bottom line if they're elected. they are corporations, after all.

He was in first or second in Iowa back then in the polls.

Mike S.
12-18-2007, 05:15 PM

You are perhaps correct. But the low poll numbers help justify their non-coverage. And since the polls exclude a lot of RP voters due to their structure, that non-coverage will continue. So we need to spread the news the hard way, one by one. And keep the money flowing in so RP can buy time. The support brings money, and the money helps bring more support.

nist7
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
The media seems to be driven by the poll numbers to some extent, assuming it is somewhat objective. Big if is some cases. Yet there are at least a few big media sources that would feel forced to give RP coverage if he were in the top 3.

Poll numbers are low. Why? Every poll I have seen only counts "Republican" voters. So a person is asked whether or not they are Republican before their answer is even taken. Most of the friends I have enlisted at enthusiastic supporters of RP would not consider themselves "Republican" voters. So if they were polled, the poll would end after one question.

So, we NEED a good showing in these first primaries. If he gets 4% in IOWA, it will be not looking good. But I believe RP can do much better than the polls predict due to the crossover vote. But WE need to help with this for it to happen. We need to spread the word and bring folks on board a few friends at a time. If we each bring a bunch of people, and then after that each person brings in a bunch and so on, we reach a LOT of people very quickly due to the exponential increase. Ron Paul's message is popular enough for this to happen, but it needs to happen FAST!

Call a few friends that you think would like to have Ron Paul as president. I have found that those opposed to the war get on board real quick. Also, those that are disenchanted with the typical pres candidates of the two parties sign on. START TONIGHT!

Well said.

Another reason why the official polls are probably grossly underestimating the Ron Paul supporters.

PimpBlimp
12-18-2007, 05:17 PM

Exactly, if it wasn't for Paul raising millions they would be blabbering non stop about how much money everyone has.

He scares the crap out of them and I think its funny

Mike S.
12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Just a bump to remind all. Put your mouse down for an hour or so sometime today or tonight and makes some calls. Phone calls generally work better than emails. Then follow up with an email if the person you speak with is open to getting on board.

Even better than a phone call is to print out the issues statements at http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/ and give to the person. That gives them something immediately to read plus a printout of the web address. Make sure your printer is set to include the URL in the header.