PDA

View Full Version : H. Res. 847: Recognizing the importance of Christmas and the Christian faith

jstmike
12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm a Christian and even I don't think the government should be wasting their time with bills like this. Dr. Paul was not present to vote on this bill thank goodness.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=hr110-847

Dec 11, 2007: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by roll call vote. The vote was held under a suspension of the rules to cut debate short and pass the bill, needing a two-thirds majority. The totals were 372 Ayes, 9 Nays, 50 Present/Not Voting.

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--

(1) recognizes the Christian faith as one of the great religions of the world;

(2) expresses continued support for Christians in the United States and worldwide;

(3) acknowledges the international religious and historical importance of Christmas and the Christian faith;

(4) acknowledges and supports the role played by Christians and Christianity in the founding of the United States and in the formation of the western civilization;

(5) rejects bigotry and persecution directed against Christians, both in the United States and worldwide; and

(6) expresses its deepest respect to American Christians and Christians throughout the world.

noxagol
12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
What a waste. Against the 1st amendment too! It's not a law, but I think it still applies here.

MicroBalrog
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I'd rather they were passing bills like this than actually making 'decisions' on issues that actually matter.

PS: 500 posts! Yay!