PDA

View Full Version : Suggest New Forum Area - Matching Donations

RPFever
07-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Suggestion (please some feedback - this may not be a good idea as many people don't read the other forum areas).

Add a new forum area that is titled "Match donations!" People post up challenges such as "I will donate $100 if 5 other people donate $10... etc" Then the challenges are met.

People put up confirmation numbers to prove it.

Then we can see a giant list of donations grow :D

Your thoughts?

empirenine
07-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I second this.

nunaem
07-07-2007, 01:56 AM
I think this is a great way to donate. Because if you know your donation will be matched or even doubled it will feel more rewarding to donate.

Starks
07-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Screw financial responsibility... Let's match donations!

Bryan
07-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Good ideas- I'll talk with Josh on it. What about making it more generic and including everything about fund raising for the campaign?

damijin
07-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Seconded, matching donations was the primary reason that the Facebook group and students4paul was capable of raising over $40,000 at the end of Q2 in just 17 days entirely by students and mostly in small donations.

It's an amazing way to get people involved, and I fully advocate it.

wbbgjr
07-08-2007, 09:48 PM
It does sound like a good idea. I think we need a site just like students4paul.com, but for the general public, also maybe incorporate matching donations.. Anyone have the expertise to design it?

UtahApocalypse
07-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Good ideas- I'll talk with Josh on it. What about making it more generic and including everything about fund raising for the campaign?

I think a fund raising section would be good. However many people seem to ONLY post in this main board even with items that belong elsewhere.

BLS
07-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I think it's a good idea as well...and I agree that the majority of traffic is on this board. We may have to come over here and dump links til there's adequate traffic over there.

MozoVote
07-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Just have a "daily matcher" and sticky it. Someone could volunteer to moderate, and pace those offering to start the matches.

Chibioz
07-08-2007, 10:29 PM
A forum just for matching donations would be cool. It was definitely a big boost to students4paul that they had people generous enough to match contributions.

Is it just me or does it seem at least in the case of Hot Topics that having a sub forum decreases the usage of that forum? Granted, many wanted discussion of 9/11 and other truth seeking questions to decrease here. I found that it is more difficult to track discussion in a sub forum and have stopped reading that section myself. I seem to have drifted a bit off topic, any thoughts?

Bryan
07-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Having everything going into the News section is a problem that some members have PMed about-- some changes are needed.

The best way to track posts is using the "New Posts" feature. There is a way to exclude undesired sub-forums too.