PDA

View Full Version : Vote - do you agree with Ron Paul's "fascism" statement on Huckabee?

Nihilist23
12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Do you agree with Ron Paul's characterization of Mike Huckabee, 'when fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross'?

http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=1330

Yes: 89%
No: 11%

Liberty Star
12-18-2007, 04:27 PM
I agree with Ron Paul's comment, it was very relevant. It was a general comment, not on Huck as such.

Birdlady
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Break the link!

krott5333
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
of course I agree.

It drives me nuts when Huckabee does his stupid eyebrow raises.. thats when I know he's lying.

Voluntaryist
12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
From V for Vendetta:

"She blinks a lot when she lies."

;)

rfbz
12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
What Ron Paul said is actually in line with what the mainstream media is saying. Have you been watching the pundits today? Are they talking about Ron Paul's "stupid comment"? Huckabee is getting blasted left and right. Huckabee's campaign manager just got ripped to shreds by Chris Matthews.

azminuteman
12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Why is this even a poll?
It's a quote from Sinclair Lewis. Ron Paul just quoted the man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Lewis

This is like saying I should have an opinion of what Ron Paul has for breakfast in the morning or how he orders his lunch.

dspectre
12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
What Ron Paul said is actually in line with what the mainstream media is saying. Have you been watching the pundits today? Are they talking about Ron Paul's "stupid comment"? Huckabee is getting blasted left and right. Huckabee's campaign manager just got ripped to shreds by Chris Matthews.

Is there a youtube of this?

Nihilist23
12-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Is there a youtube of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrkltetQ0x4

r3volution
12-18-2007, 04:47 PM
no need to break the link . the people at that site spam all the Ron Paul sites with there polls for traffic ..

InRonWeTrust
12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Of course. Huck wants to control everyone's lives - even their diets and healthcare and personal habits.

brogging4paul
12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
The use of the lit-up bookcase as a cross reminded Ron Paul of how fascism, according to Sinclair Lewis, would come to America. Nowhere was he saying Huckabee was a fascist, and even qualified his statement in the next sentence, saying "I don't know if that is a fair statement about Huckabee" or something like that.

But, in a way, that's beside the point. We should be happy that Ron Paul uttered these words, as we have all been living in the Neocon/War on Terror, give up your freedoms to be safe nightmare. 9/11 was the guise upon which all this madness was foisted upon us, and it was more or less allowed to envelop our country "wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." So, whatever becomes of this little political exchange, the most important thing is for people to think about the quote, let it sink into their brains.

hawkeyenick
12-18-2007, 04:52 PM
The use of the lit-up bookcase as a cross reminded Ron Paul of how fascism, according to Sinclair Lewis, would come to America. Nowhere was he saying Huckabee was a fascist, and even qualified his statement in the next sentence, saying "I don't know if that is a fair statement about Huckabee" or something like that.

But, in a way, that's beside the point. We should be happy that Ron Paul uttered these words, as we have all been living in the Neocon/War on Terror, give up your freedoms to be safe nightmare. 9/11 was the guise upon which all this madness was foisted upon us, and it was more or less allowed to envelop our country "wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." So, whatever becomes of this little political exchange, the most important thing is for people to think about the quote, let it sink into their brains.

I don't know why anyone isn't pointing out the blatant modified lighting on the bookcase...that would take some time to make turn out perfect.

Of course he will just deny it and say "god diddit"

Richandler
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Haha, it nearly came here with Bush already. Wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. Huckabee would be the logical leap off the cliff.

Omnis
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Paul wasn't talking about Huck with this statement. The anchorman just spun it to sound like that. He originally asked what Paul thought of the mix of religion and politics.

murrayrothbard
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Um fascism came to America a long time ago.

theseus51
12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Fascism will come dressed in a flag and carrying a cross? Hey if it works for George W Bush . . .

LukeNM
12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Let It Go People -- You Are Doing More Harm Than Good. Ron Did Not Call Huck A Fascist!

Read The Entire Statment That Includes The Quote...

stljim
12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Part of me wishes he had put it differently. The other part of me remembers how I was turned on to Ron Paul, and it wasn't him pandering and trying not to be controversial.

What he said was spot on and needed to be said to the American people. The context may not have been perfect. I hope that if this does become an issue he will get to explain himself and people will actually listen to his reasons for saying it. A person's religion should never be a reason for voting them in. Huckabee's ad makes me sick.

pcosmar
12-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I loved it, I'm still loving it.