PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul looks sick.

michael.byrne
12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I just saw a video at Fox News

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BrkltetQ0x4

He seems sick. In few videos recently, he doesn't look healthy. Anyone has more info ?

BarryDonegan
12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
long day. i would imagine he had a tough time sleeping through the money bomb

FireofLiberty
12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
He may have a cold. It's going around.

ronpaulfollower999
12-18-2007, 03:44 PM

He seems sick. In few videos recently, he doesn't look healthy. Anyone has more info ?

Thats the same thing I thought. You have a 72 year old man running across the country during the winter.

cien750hp
12-18-2007, 03:45 PM
wasnt that at like 6 in the morning? i imagine he had to wake up for a while before it to get ready for all the interviews. i'd be tired too.

JMann
12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Thats the same thing I thought. You have a 72 year old man running across the country during the winter.

I'm sure Paul is in better health than the vast majority of those on this board. He does have the right to look a little tired at 6 am after traveling all over the country.

Bradley in DC
12-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I was emailing with Carol, HQ is running Dr. Paul ragged (she was too nice to put it that way).

thechitowncubs
He's tired.

BarryDonegan
really he seems more irritable than anything. its early as hell in the morning. thats something people need to have a little more respect for with public figures. its IMPOSSIBLE to always look perfect and feel great. ron is hurt the least by this because hes just not polished, at all. its a part of his charm, his marketability, and his "gimmick".

hes a legit guy, hes always under the attack in interviews, given bad interviews, and its early as hell in the morning, probably cold as hell where hes at also.

daviddee
12-18-2007, 03:49 PM

Ibtz
12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
It was early and I'm sure he's worn out. Plus, doesn't YouTube age you or make you gain 10 pounds?

Maverick
12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, he looks a little run-down in all the videos I've seen of him today. Still spot-on with his witticisms though :)

bbachtung
12-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Just look at Drudge's recent photo of Hillary if you question how RP is looking these days (and she's 10 years younger).

Ethek
Tiredness causes some sensitivity to bright lights. Bright lights are in no shortage for major interviews. Particularity annoying if the crew aims them ... just right.

Greenskin
He is an avid exerciser and was a star track athlete back in the day.

I'm sure he is better health than most of the other candidates running, I wouldn't worry about it.

Quick
12-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I think Fox was the first interview. He looked like he just woke up. He then went to CNN and looked better, and he looked fine on MSNBC.

You should see me when I wake up in the morning, and I'm not 72 and running for president.

ConstitutionGal
12-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I thought he looked tired in both the cnn and fox interviews but he seemed to have bounced back in the MSNBC piece. Maybe it was having to prepare for likely hit pieces from the first two as opposed to the more friendly tone of the last one? Maybe he was just more on the defensive in the first two and it came across as looking tired.

GHoeberX
12-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I was emailing with Carol, HQ is running Dr. Paul ragged (she was too nice to put it that way).

Perhaps Carol should tell that to the campaign instead to the man!!

Campaign: please keep in mind for the future: decline interviews on early mornings before the debates.

MadOdorMachine
12-18-2007, 03:55 PM
That interview took place at 6:15 AM in Iowa. It was obvious to me he had just woken up which explains his "I'm in Dismoine" statement.

Lois
12-18-2007, 03:56 PM
You guys crack me up :)

Every so often you start fussing over Ron Paul's health.

Just tell him to eat as Raw as possible and don't eat sweets. Get as much sleep as possible, of course, and drink only pure water, no tap water, and breath only pure air . You can get a nice mask for when you're stuck in traffic or have to pump your own gas or something, so you don't breathe those nasty fumes. With all the traveling he does, that carbon monoxide (is that what the gas fumes are) can make him feel nauseous.

Lois

Akus
12-18-2007, 03:57 PM
how's it that neither McCain nor Gravel look sick or anything. They, too, campaign, they, too, fly and appear on shows at the ridiculous times....

Oliver

He looked tired as hell to me... :"/

Liberty Star
He looks great :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkZ8rSyXuI4

MN Patriot
12-18-2007, 03:58 PM
The last thing a person needs, who is 72 years old, running for president, with the pressure of suddenly getting an enormous following, is being told "you look sick."

Give the guy some slack. Christmas is in a week, so hopefully he can get a few days rest.

Abobo
12-18-2007, 03:59 PM
I thought he looked tired in both the cnn and fox interviews but he seemed to have bounced back in the MSNBC piece. Maybe it was having to prepare for likely hit pieces from the first two as opposed to the more friendly tone of the last one? Maybe he was just more on the defensive in the first two and it came across as looking tired.

Oh he had hod a LOT of coffee by then.

I think part of the problem with the Faux interview was the lighting. The angle of the light, its color, and it's intensity was horrible. It's almost like they tried to make him look ill.... But they wouldn't do that... Right? :rolleyes:

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Cue Drudge. "OMG THE TOLL OF A CAMPAIGN"

Akus
12-18-2007, 04:01 PM
The last thing a person needs, who is 72 years old, running for president, with the pressure of suddenly getting an enormous following, is being told "you look sick."

Give the guy some slack. Christmas is in a week, so hopefully he can get a few days rest.

I really wish he'd just come home to his family and spent about a week doing something that has nothing to do with politics or Presidential running. He needs to rest and I hope he himself realizes it. The last thing we need is a 72 year old collapsing from exhaustion on live TV. Hucksters will be dancing on the street.

michael.byrne

With Huckabee's jab today, it just make me worry more.

paulaholic
how's it that neither McCain nor Gravel look sick or anything. They, too, campaign, they, too, fly and appear on shows at the ridiculous times....

McCain looks sick from time to time.

And Gravel does not campaign with nearly the intensity that Paul does. He can't afford to.

dsentell
Just look at Drudge's recent photo of Hillary if you question how RP is looking these days (and she's 10 years younger).

LOL! My exact thoughts. Seems that great minds think alike . . . . .:)

Politicallore
12-18-2007, 04:02 PM
I am sick... if anybody cares

Ronin
12-18-2007, 04:03 PM
To make that he would have had to wake up around 4:45-5. They probably told him to be there 30 minutes early.

michael.byrne
12-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I really wish he'd just come home to his family and spent about a week doing something that has nothing to do with politics or Presidential running. He needs to rest and I hope he himself realizes it. The last thing we need is a 72 year old collapsing from exhaustion on live TV. Hucksters will be dancing on the street.

I don't think he's going to rest over the Christmas, knowing that many grassroot supporters campaining for him in NH and IOWA.

Dr. Paul has very high work ethics. It's going to be heavy on his health.

N13
12-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I look pretty bad at six in the morning too.

michael.byrne
12-18-2007, 04:05 PM
I am sick... if anybody cares

Stop coming here :)

jmunjr
12-18-2007, 04:05 PM

That was his first interview this morning. He seems fine later inthe Morning Joe interview.

noiseordinance
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Has anyone ever thought about how excellent Dr. Paul looks? I will be blessed to look half that good when I'm his age. He looks tired here and there but for 72, he always looks amazing.

Some say he doesn't have the looks or the charisma but I think he's adorable (which is a word guys shouldn't be allowed to say but I'll say it anyways) and I think he's very charming, though not charismatic in a sleezy way. *coughROMNEYcough* *coughHUCKABONERcough*

nimo
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Heck... I probably look and feel like that at 6 o'clock every morning and I am 33.

AcidReign
12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
I remember comments like this after other Fox interviews like O'Reilly. Hmmm

Akus
12-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't think he's going to rest over the Christmas, knowing that many grassroot supporters campaining for him in NH and IOWA.

Dr. Paul has very high work ethics. It's going to be heavy on his health.

Well he needs to...

Since we do 80% of the campaigning and we are young enough to abuse our bodies with no consequences, he might as well go hang an angel on his Christmas tree and play with his great grand kids and calm himself. I hope some one tells him to spend some time resting.

Lord Xar
12-18-2007, 04:12 PM
He should be checked out. He should get blood work for "other substances". I am not kidding.

Unless doctors explicitly test for toxins, they will say the blood is fine.

I would make sure that he is given complete blood work on the regular.

all J's in IL for RP
12-18-2007, 04:17 PM
It just goes to show how dedicated he is in campaign mode. He's willing to run himself ragged, so, shall we?

Meatwasp
12-18-2007, 04:27 PM
You guys are seeing things that are not there. I was thinking he looked relaxed and good.

VoluntaryMan
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh no! He's tired at 6am, after traveling and stumping to all hours! It must be his age!

I smell something funny.

I'm 40, and I get tired (and sick), too. Am I "too old" to be president? Give it a rest (no pun intended).