PDA

View Full Version : Is another money bomb the best strategy?

USAF Vet Dan
12-18-2007, 03:18 PM
It seems that there are about five proposals for money bomb dates floating around. One picked 12/31 to boost the 2007 total. Personally, I think it is too soon as many of us have to recover financially. Trevor Lyman spoke of a January 17th money bomb as that is Ben Franklin's birthday. I think that is a bit better, but maybe that is too soon as well. I noticed that, even though the 12/16 bomb was bigger than the 11/5 bomb, and even though it set an all-time record, it got less press coverage than the 11/5 bomb. At least, we need to let some time pass before the next one so that it will have more impact. If we supporters are reaching a temporary "bottom of the financial bucket" and the money bomb is a dud, the MSM will have a field day with the news. They'll claim that the Revolution is fading, a flash in the pan. That could be catastrophic.

The money bombs have proved our numbers, our commitment, and that we are not just a small gaggle from the tin hat crowd. I think it is time for us to shift gears and keep the elite neocon machine off balance.

IMHO, we should seek to legitimize the Ron Paul platform by focusing our efforts on making it a "main stream" concept. To help accomplish that, we need to solicit the endorsements and participation by the "icons" of the day... people who are admired by "Joe Sixpack" (like entertainers), people who are admired by business owners (like other successful business owners), by educators, by people in the world of finance. As sad as it is, many Americans are apathetic and want to be part of a "bandwagon". Unless they see that it is "all right" to join us, I fear that many will just remain in their MSM-concocted bubble.

With all the brilliant minds in this movement, I cannot imagine that a sound, workable, and viable strategy to accomplish this goal can not be developed. If compiled and promoted properly, I think it could make a big bang. Picture this: a rally of prominent endorsers / supporters, some Iraq war vets, a child or two, all speaking their praises of Ron Paul, live patriotic music by some "stars", a packed auditorium, live feeds on the Internet, etc. Now that I think of it, why not wrap a money bomb around that event?

So, what do you all think?

skolwulf
12-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Personally, I think the money bomb idea is getting old. We must be leary of them now because if we fail to beat our previous totals we will be labeled a contracting movement.

The campaign needs regular, steady cash infusions. Now is the time to be the tortoise.

USAF Vet Dan
12-18-2007, 03:29 PM
The campaign needs regular, steady cash infusions. Now is the time to be the tortoise.

Very well said. As TV and radio ads are purchased weeks in advance, and since RP is wisely not borrowing money against future donations, a steady stream of donations is far better logistically.

USAF Vet Dan
12-18-2007, 03:45 PM
As this "decentralized" Revolution grows, I think the official campaign committee needs to take a bit larger role in "directing" (or at least, suggesting). While I know that everybody has their hearts in the right place, how many "Trevor Lymans" (as it relates to organizing and directing money bombs) can there be before there are too many? Five money bombs scheduled over a six week period are doomed to be duds.

adwads
12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Fundraising Poll:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59427

AtomiC
12-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Cool off with the money bombs.

We just had the single biggest one-day political donation record in U.S. HISTORY!!!

idiom
12-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah leave the next one till at least early February.

And start putting a dollar aside each day for July 4th :D