PDA

View Full Version : The *official* what do we do next for fundraising thread...

adwads
12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
We need to actually make a decision and decide what to do for fundraising from here on out...We've done absolutely phenomenal so far, but we need to keep going as RP will keep needing cash to continue and expand his campaign.

We need to make a plan and know what we are working and saving towards...I expect that after this barage of news coverage, there will be many more RP supporters willing to donate and they need a structure in which to motivate them to do that...

I've heard a lot of ideas so far...

1) More moneybombs.
2) A weekly "pay day" scheme
3) Donate whenever you want (which I don't prefer)

Let's hash it out here and finally decide what to do. It's not just Trevor's call. We all are part of this.

tomcat
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
*****ooh, it has ASTRISKs'!******

daikonv
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
in my opinion, we have done what we can with the money bombs. it's not time to start canvassing hardcore and reaching out to people personally. have people keep donating what they can, but more importantly, we can do more good by spreading dr. paul's message in person.

adwads
12-18-2007, 02:40 PM
in my opinion, we have done what we can with the money bombs. it's not time to start canvassing hardcore and reaching out to people personally. have people keep donating what they can, but more importantly, we can do more good by spreading dr. paul's message in person.

He still needs money though...I'm a little nervous about not having any plans to raise him more money. I don't puport to know what to do...I'm just trying to stimulate discussion and reach a consensus.

Oliver
12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
He still needs money though...I'm a little nervous about not having any plans to raise him more money. I don't puport to know what to do...I'm just trying to stimulate discussion and reach a consensus.

Bull**** - go out and find new People.

New people = new support = new votes = new donations

Cali4RonPaul
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
what say ye'!! ITS TELETHON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59302

shrapnel88
12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
i say we try to beat huck's bomb on the 27th!

rdenner
12-18-2007, 02:45 PM
MONEY BOMB A CHARITY FOR CHRISTMAS..

Pick out the most libertarian"esk" childrens charity(one that has low overhead and spends only private money on charity work) and bomb the living shit out of them with money before christmas.

Put this money making machine to work and PROVE that our way of charity is much better than govenment run chrity at the point of a gun.

Robert

adwads
12-18-2007, 02:47 PM
MONEY BOMB A CHARITY FOR CHRISTMAS..

Pick out the most libertarian"esk" childrens charity(one that has low overhead and spends only private money on charity work) and bomb the living shit out of them with money before christmas.

Put this money making machine to work and PROVE that our way of charity is much better than govenment run chrity at the point of a gun.

Robert

I feel like xmas is a little too soon...maybe sometime in mid january? late january?

adwads
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Maybe focus on donating to a bunch of smaller grassroots-oriented projects??

Anti Federalist
12-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Jan 5 in Exeter NH.

Rally and money bomb coinciding with NH's signing of the Declaration of Independence.

The groundwork is being laid by the people that held the Boston rally.

Stay tuned.

WilliamC
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
The fact that he has so many new donors and that the vast majority of them are not maxed out suggests that campaign emails will still be able to raise more money when needed. I think the official website should set a new goal of 20,000,000 by the end of the quarter. It is very attainable and gives us something to shoot for.

Jimmy
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
I seriously think we should promote a moneybomb for these folks
http://www.operationnh.com 100,000 dollars to them sure could make a WORLD of difference if you ask me.

adwads
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Jan 5 in Exeter NH.

Rally and money bomb coinciding with NH's signing of the Declaration of Independence.

The groundwork is being laid by the people that held the Boston rally.

Stay tuned.

Is that more of just a NH thing? It's just when the state of NH signed the DOI?

Let's do something REALLY creative. The grassroots is known now for our creativity. I like the novelty of the telethon thing...

How about something like this...get small locally owned movie theatres all across the country to show Ron Paul videos or something, and the entrance fee to go see the movies will be donated to the campaign???

adwads
12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Maybe some sort of "tithe" system where everybody commits to donating a certain amount each week?

Ronin
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
1. operationnh
2. Local Meetup events. If you don't have a local meetup...make one!

If the campaign needs money they will ask for it. They have not been shy to do it in the past, so I don't expect them to be shy in the future.

Expired
- Q4 fund raising

Tired
- Money Bomb's

Wired
- Operation NH, RP Blimp, other small projects
- Local meetups, door-to-door, etc

skolwulf
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
I think the payday is best idea. The money bomb is tired and we can't afford to not break a record again or we will be labeled a declining movement.

However, don't think the campaign doesn't need more money. it does.

paulfor2008
12-18-2007, 03:21 PM
His campaign's tv ads arent very good they need to use some of the better ones created by supporters. I feel like the money is being wasted when I see some of the ads they already put out.

Taco John
12-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I absolutely love the telethon idea... But it would have to happen before Super Tuesday or it's not worth it...

slowmotionjones
12-18-2007, 03:26 PM
I think abandoning the money bomb idea would be foolish.

This last money bomb was a give till it hurts/make some headlines event.

I think we should turn some of our attention($) elsewhere (operationNH for one, reaching a nice even 20 mil for the quarter) and set up another mass donation day in later January with a goal of three million or so.

A lot of people love trying to make the thermometer explode.

Taco John
12-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Maybe some sort of "tithe" system where everybody commits to donating a certain amount each week?

The thing that the money bombs showed me is that when we tie our fundraising efforts into a single event driven thing, we get a lot more funds raised, and the bonus of free media attention. Today's media explosion is a perfect example. It wouldn't have happened without the tea party.

The telethon idea would stun the media. I wonder how we could go about getting a channel for 12 hours... From 8am to 8pm...

adwads
12-18-2007, 03:29 PM
The thing that the money bombs showed me is that when we tie our fundraising efforts into a single event driven thing, we get a lot more funds raised, and the bonus of free media attention. Today's media explosion is a perfect example. It wouldn't have happened without the tea party.

The telethon idea would stun the media. I wonder how we could go about getting a channel for 12 hours... From 8am to 8pm...

Public access?

James R
12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
We need to actually make a decision and decide what to do for fundraising from here on out...We've done absolutely phenomenal so far, but we need to keep going as RP will keep needing cash to continue and expand his campaign.

We need to make a plan and know what we are working and saving towards...I expect that after this barage of news coverage, there will be many more RP supporters willing to donate and they need a structure in which to motivate them to do that...

I've heard a lot of ideas so far...

1) More moneybombs.
2) A weekly "pay day" scheme
3) Donate whenever you want (which I don't prefer)

Let's hash it out here and finally decide what to do. It's not just Trevor's call. We all are part of this.

Lets not donated to the Ron Paul official campaign. Instead, lets donate to the Ron Paul grassroots campaign. We come up with far better advertising ideas.

adwads
12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Vote in the fundraising poll here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=59427

It will be interesting to see the results.